• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, he was in Puzzle League and :ultlucario: technically debuted in a movie first.

*inb4 OMG GOKU HAS A CHANCE NOW*
>saying :ultlucario: was in a movie first means goku has a chance
>not saying :ultlucario: is voiced by goku which means goku has a chance

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this point SMTV may as well be the new FFVII Remake rip

D

Deleted member

I am already hearing you all say "But Shiny, you went against Banjo!"
Well, I wanted Steve before, but now I am excited for Banjo-Kazooie and Hero.
End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Partner Theory has no merit, but honestly, it's the most fun theory we have for speculation about due to the unique duo combinations that people can find.

Like, it's so obviously not happening, but just name some random partners in crime, and boom, discuss how that character(s) would work.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
nope it's just me

this man deadass changed teams like italy in WW2
But lots of people have changed their minds on characters after reveals.

Smashboards is Italy

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean, Partner Theory has no merit, but honestly, it's the most fun theory we have for speculation about due to the unique duo combinations that people can find.

Like, it's so obviously not happening, but just name some random partners in crime, and boom, discuss how that character(s) would work.
Conker and Berri.
Matrix style.

Edgeworth and Gumshoe.
Literal partners in crime.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright now that Steve Burton is apparently getting the boot from being "The" Cloud, can we at least get Cody Christian to voice Cloud in English?

Please?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
We butt heads, because I am an idiot.
Shiny. Shiny. Shiny.

Hey Shiny, guess what.

You aren't an idiot. You are perfectly fine. C'mon, get yourself together here, because there isn't anything wrong with you.

If anything, you read into things too much. You have a thinker's brain, and that's perfectly fine. You're always thinking, which is your greatest gift, and your biggest downfall. You overextend your thinker's brain, leading to you making assumptions / taking all things at face value. That isn't even too hard to fix. You're still relatively young, and you have the rest of your life to make improvements to socialization. Just because we disagree sometimes and you read into comments doesn't make you an idiot, rather far from it. The point is, you just need experience, and perhaps a self-evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses. You yourself say that you love to learn; that within itself is the opposite of an "idiot" mindset.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Try this. Share the results if you want. You may discover something about yourself that you didn't know, and this may be able to help you make improvements to your social skills. There are 16 common personalities that exist, and this test will let you figure out which one you are. There is not a single thing wrong with any of the personalities, just like how there isn't anything wrong with you as a person. I have a good idea about where I think you may end up on the spectrum, but it would be beneficial for you to find out for yourself, because I don't know you as much as you know you.

The best part is, none of the personalities is "Idiot", so I can guarantee that you won't end up as one. Because you aren't.

Just trying to help you out. I see "SELF DEPRECATION" and I say "NO".

I promise the link isn't a virus. I've done it myself, but I'll do it alongside you if need be (haven't taken a personality test in a few months.)

D

Deleted member

Shiny. Shiny. Shiny.

Hey Shiny, guess what.

You aren't an idiot. You are perfectly fine. C'mon, get yourself together here, because there isn't anything wrong with you.

If anything, you read into things too much. You have a thinker's brain, and that's perfectly fine. You're always thinking, which is your greatest gift, and your biggest downfall. You overextend your thinker's brain, leading to you making assumptions / taking all things at face value. That isn't even too hard to fix. You're still relatively young, and you have the rest of your life to make improvements to socialization. Just because we disagree sometimes and you read into comments doesn't make you an idiot, rather far from it. The point is, you just need experience, and perhaps a self-evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses. You yourself say that you love to learn; that within itself is the opposite of an "idiot" mindset.

Try this. Share the results if you want. You may discover something about yourself that you didn't know, and this may be able to help you make improvements to your social skills. There are 16 common personalities that exist, and this test will let you figure out which one you are. There is not a single thing wrong with any of the personalities, just like how there isn't anything wrong with you as a person. I have a good idea about where I think you may end up on the spectrum, but it would be beneficial for you to find out for yourself, because I don't know you as much as you know you.

The best part is, none of the personalities is "Idiot", so I can guarantee that you won't end up as one. Because you aren't.

I promise the link isn't a virus. I've done it myself, but I'll do it alongside you if need be (haven't taken a personality test in a few months.)
Okay maybe I exaggerated there, but still.
Welp, I sleep

Night peeps
Good night.

D

Deleted member

I was going to mention her too, but I think part of the point was the fact that they all look like a generic JRPG Male protagonist.
Phantasy Star is quite unique, given the status as a Sci-Fi RPG in comparison with most JRPGs that are Fantasy.

At least from what we've gotten so far, while she is from a JRPG she would be quite unique in comparison with pretty much every JRPG character we've gotten. And really, every JRPG character we've gotten is quite unique so far.

I kinda understand your point regarding Male JRPGs character but I kinda got to remember her these past few days with PSO2 being released now in the west.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
9 hours to go until I board my flight to home. Its gonna be a long night y'all. Good thing I have internet such as the boards here and of course you guys as well as my books and NetFlix to watch like Stranger Things which I had began watching. Should help keep my sanity in check.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
just got mewtwo baby, it only took 30 dusk balls

zapdos is next and **** he cant get thunder wave'd so this is gonna actually be difficult

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Shiny. Shiny. Shiny.

Hey Shiny, guess what.

ooooo, the MBTI is my favorite personality theory to study. Although, I will say...if you want to know your most accurate personality type, you should look at the cognitive functions, rather than the letters only. Looking at the letters only is flawed due to only looking at the surface level for the most part. I would recommend looking at the functions after finishing the test. It's possible to have a well developed thinking function (whether Te or Ti) yet still be a feeler, as long as that person is willing to develop that function.

My personality type is ENTJ; the chief/maverick. The cognitive functions are Te (extroverted thinking), Ni (introverted intuition), Se (extroverted sensing), and Fi (introverted feeling).

To clarify the functions real quick, there are 8 cognitive functions that relate to the 16 personality types: Fe (extroverted feeling), Fi (introverted feeling), Te (extroverted thinking), Ti (introverted thinking), Se (extroverted sensing), Si (introverted sensing), Ne (extroverted intuition), and Ni (introverted intuition).

Depending on how the functions are organized within one's stack, that determines what four letter label a person has for their personality type. Here's what each of the 8 cognitive functions stands for:

Te- Rationale. Excellent at rational thought, collecting objective data, and research.
Ti- Logic. Specializes in having logical processes and strong analytics/understanding of true/false statements.
Fe- Harmony. Does what's right based on the collective and is an empath.
Fi- Morals. Does what's right based on their own moral principles and is a sympath.
Se- Aware of what's going on around them and is focused on others' experiences.
Si- Aware of what's going on within and focused on one's own experiences.
Ne- Creative in thinking and aware of many possible futures and outcomes at once, but they're not far reaching into the future.
Ni- Excellent at planning and seeing into one single future. Not as creative as Ne, but is typically excellent at knowing exactly what it wants, when it wants it.

Here are all of the different personalities, and each one's top four functions:
ENTJ (The Maverick): Te > Ni > Se > Fi
INTJ (The Chessmaster): Ni > Te > Fi > Se
ENTP (The Inventor): Ne > Ti > Fe > Si
INTP (The Architect): Ti > Ne > Si > Fe
ENFJ (The Teacher): Fe > Ni > Se > Ti
INFJ (The Idealist): Ni > Fe > Ti > Se
ENFP (The Advocate): Ne > Fi > Te > Si
INFP (The Dreamer): Fi > Ne > Si > Te
ESTP (The Adventurer): Se > Ti > Fe > Ni
ISTP (The Craftsman): Ti > Se > Ni > Fe
ESFP (The Party-animal): Se > Fi > Te > Ni
ISFP (The Artist): Fi > Se > Ni > Te
ESFJ (The Caretaker): Fe > Si > Ne > Ti
ISFJ (The Nurturer): Si > Fe > Ti > Ne
ESTJ (The Boss): Te > Si > Ne > Fi
ISTJ (The Detective): Si > Te > Fi > Ne

If you want more information, I'm willing to share it with you. Or, look up CS Joseph's youtube channel. He's brilliant with this stuff.

Although I will say...taking a personality test could definitely help with coming to terms with one's own personality and being more at peace with yourself. It just needs to be done in the right way so that person can truly know themselves and improve/heal properly.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Companion theory breaks down with Banjo & Kazooie--Kazooie's not Banjo's companion, but an integral part of their moveset, and are effectively treated as one character (and if anybody's the companion, it's Banjo--Kazooie does all the work). Not to mention I think Sakurai has far better criteria for picking good potential characters. All that having been said, Crash and Aku-Aku would be perfect.

But I agree with @ShinyLegendary--I'm not done celebrating Hero and Banjo & Kazooie's arrival, and probably won't be until they're actually here. WE GOT TWO ****ING CHARACTERS REVEALED AT ONCE! Out of all of the out-there possibilities, that was the last one I thought plausible.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Based on what I previously posted, I'm a bigger fan of this test: https://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

It goes over the cognitive functions, so it's more accurate when determining one's personality. Every time I've taken it, I've gotten ENTJ every time. On 16personalities.com, on the other hand, I get *mostly* ENTJ, but occasionally ENFJ and ENTP. I even got INTJ once, for some reason.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Shiny. Shiny. Shiny.

Hey Shiny, guess what.

untitled.png

we out here building ****

Ivander

Smash Legend
Phantasy Star is quite unique, given the status as a Sci-Fi RPG in comparison with most JRPGs that are Fantasy.

At least from what we've gotten so far, while she is from a JRPG she would be quite unique in comparison with pretty much every JRPG character we've gotten. And really, every JRPG character we've gotten is quite unique so far.
Oh I was not denying that. Phantasy Star does have a uniqueness that it takes place in a Sci-fi setting compared to the other RPGs in Smash that aren't Xenoblade. That said, most of Alis Landale's artwork mainly portrays her with a literal Steel Sword and Shield while only a couple have her with a lightsaber sword which may more likely be a regular Sword due to lighting. She also doesn't use guns in her game compared to one of her party members. Design-wise, she really doesn't look much different from what you'd expect from a fantasy hero.
And that's if they choose to use her as the Phantasy Star representative. Besides Phantasy Star Online overshadowing the original series, there's also the Newman, like Nei or Rika, and CAST, like Kireek, races too that they could choose over a human character.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It is but they want to pretend they weren’t bull ****ting for attention.

Also papagenos papagenos may I ask you good sir something? The waluigi leaker said he sent you proof. Is this correct? As someone looking to work together to figure out things this nan might be of interest to you if he did contact you.
I have no real "Proof" about this one... the whole thing is getting really suspicious and strange TBH, and I'm unsure what to think of it now. Paragon (the person the leak is coming from) is an admin on my discord and from all my interactions with them they seem like a trust-able generally cool person and they have been around my discord for a while, I talk to them often.

What I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about having an amiibo source months before saying anything about knowing any characters, so it wasnt out of the blue that they have this source. Then a few weeks ago they told me privately the list of DLC fighters coming from their "amiibo source": Luminary/Banjo/Undertale Rep/Waluigi. They wouldnt say this list publicly yet but alluded to it on my discord (only saying luminary/banjo publicly) and then AFTER the smash invitational happened and we didn't get a character reveal they went public with the full list in my discord.
paraleak-1.png
Paragon made this image of the DLC line up they had heard and shared it publicly.

Shortly after Sabi got a cease and desist from Nintendo a few days before the E3 direct Paragon claimed to also get a cease and desist. I have not seen the c and d myself. Then E3 direct happened and we actually got Luminary as the default character for "Hero" and we got Banjo-Kazooie, so it lined up with Paragon dlc list.

Recently things have gotten strange and suspicious: someone using an "alt account" messaged me on discord and showed me this image of a DM supposedly between them and paragon.
e3proof.png
The image seemingly shows paragon KNEW the full direct or at least a ton of info from it. Paragon never told me any of this info before the direct, and no one in my discord can back up that the DM actually happened or that Paragon had such info. This same "alt account" person messaged this "DM image" to a few other prominent members of my discord. afterwards the DM image began popping up on twitter and some other places and really sensationalized the "Paraleak" as it started being called, and people started asking me about its validity.

I asked Paragon about the DM after me and a few other people were shown it from that "alt account" person and this is what they said they would be saying about it publicly:
ParagonontheDMimage.jpg
I plan on questioning them more now that people keep asking me about this one but due to them claiming they have a cease and desist I dont know how much more they will say about it.

For now all I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about their amiibo source months ago without ever claiming they knew any characters back then, Paragon did tell me that line up of DLC characters a few weeks ago-ish, we DID end up getting luminary as the default hero and banjo kazooie at e3 which lines up with that list, Paragon has always been totally cool in the past on my discord from all the interactions ive had with them.

what I CANT vouch for is if the cease and desist actually happened, if the DM showing Paragon having a ton of info about the E3 direct before hand actually happened, I have no idea who the "alt account" actually was who sent the DM image to me and several other people.

I find a lot of the recent things about it highly suspicious (the cease and desist/the DM image implying all that direct info was known early/and the mysterious alt account spreading the DM image around) so I'm very skeptical now of the whole thing. Again Paragon has always been really cool in my discord and I'm going to continue to ask them for more info but I am very skeptical right now. That is everything I got on this one and my stance on it is basically neutral until I get more information.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tai won’t happen, he’s an anime original character, same way we don’t have Ash in Smash.

Although, I think Gabumon would work as a good companion.
There's literally nothing stopping them from putting Ash in if they wanted to though. Nintendo fully owns the character.

Plus he's already mentioned in Smash in two separate instances.
Ash-Greninja being in Smash is a few steps above just a mention, I'd say.

Geninja's final smash being what it is implies that it is not just any Greninja, but Ash's Greninja specifically.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have no real "Proof" about this one... the whole thing is getting really suspicious and strange TBH, and I'm unsure what to think of it now. Paragon (the person the leak is coming from) is an admin on my discord and from all my interactions with them they seem like a trust-able generally cool person and they have been around my discord for a while, I talk to them often.

What I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about having an amiibo source months before saying anything about knowing any characters, so it wasnt out of the blue that they have this source. Then a few weeks ago they told me privately the list of DLC fighters coming from their "amiibo source": Luminary/Banjo/Undertale Rep/Waluigi. They wouldnt say this list publicly yet but alluded to it on my discord (only saying luminary/banjo publicly) and then AFTER the smash invitational happened and we didn't get a character reveal they went public with the full list in my discord.
View attachment 228300
Paragon made this image of the DLC line up they had heard and shared it publicly.

Shortly after Sabi got a cease and desist from Nintendo a few days before the E3 direct Paragon claimed to also get a cease and desist. I have not seen the c and d myself. Then E3 direct happened and we actually got Luminary as the default character for "Hero" and we got Banjo-Kazooie, so it lined up with Paragon dlc list.

Recently things have gotten strange and suspicious: someone using an "alt account" messaged me on discord and showed me this image of a DM supposedly between them and paragon.
View attachment 228299
The image seemingly shows paragon KNEW the full direct or at least a ton of info from it. Paragon never told me any of this info before the direct, and no one in my discord can back up that the DM actually happened or that Paragon had such info. This same "alt account" person messaged this "DM image" to a few other prominent members of my discord. afterwards the DM image began popping up on twitter and some other places and really sensationalized the "Paraleak" as it started being called, and people started asking me about its validity.

I asked Paragon about the DM after me and a few other people were shown it from that "alt account" person and this is what they said they would be saying about it publicly:
View attachment 228301
I plan on questioning them more now that people keep asking me about this one but due to them claiming they have a cease and desist I dont know how much more they will say about it.

For now all I can say for sure is that Paragon did tell me about their amiibo source months ago without ever claiming they knew any characters back then, Paragon did tell me that line up of DLC characters a few weeks ago-ish, we DID end up getting luminary as the default hero and banjo kazooie at e3 which lines up with that list, Paragon has always been totally cool in the past on my discord from all the interactions ive had with them.

what I CANT vouch for is if the cease and desist actually happened, if the DM showing Paragon having a ton of info about the E3 direct before hand actually happened, I have no idea who the "alt account" actually was who sent the DM image to me and several other people.

I find a lot of the recent things about it highly suspicious (the cease and desist/the DM image implying all that direct info was known early/and the mysterious alt account spreading the DM image around) so I'm very skeptical now of the whole thing. Again Paragon has always been really cool in my discord and I'm going to continue to ask them for more info but I am very skeptical right now. That is everything I got on this one and my stance on it is basically neutral until I get more information.
imagine if this was real. not arguing for or against it, just imagine that sans and waluigi close out the fighters pass.

the salt toward waluigi cause it wasnt isaac/shadow/lyn/whoever cause a purple lanklet didnt deserve it or something would be incredible

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The theories have returned! Oh how much I missed those days. Were acknowledged up to date guys just as how things should be. :p

Mii costume theory, color theory, companion theory and of course my personal co created theory I formed with Noipoi.

None other then stage builder theory.

D

Deleted member

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Based on what I previously posted, I'm a bigger fan of this test: https://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

It goes over the cognitive functions, so it's more accurate when determining one's personality. Every time I've taken it, I've gotten ENTJ every time. On 16personalities.com, on the other hand, I get *mostly* ENTJ, but occasionally ENFJ and ENTP. I even got INTJ once, for some reason.
My most related ones are "INTJ" and "INTP".

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Big Brain..

What if Frisk was Fighter 5 and Waluigi was a separate character for purchase after the Pass? And they had a double reveal in December?

Food for thought.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My most related ones are "INTJ" and "INTP".
What is your highest rated function then...Ni (introverted Intuition), or Ti (introverted Thinking)? Ni is the top function of the INTJ, while Ti is the top function of INTP. They're very different types, even though the first three letters are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom