• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ah to heck with it, it’s grasping at straws but I’ll take a crack at the sidekick/mascot theory and make a list.

-Crash & Aku Aku
-Arle & Carbuncle
-Phoenix & Maya
-Spyro & Sparx

That’s all I got.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Another discussion, I’m still really satisfied the MS and SE wars have finally reached a conclusion.

....How long til months of Capcom and Namco wars start?
The Capcom wars has been pretty prominent in this thread for a while now, it's just not as hostile.

This time, it's pretty much a three way war between Phoenix Wright, Dante, and A Resident Evil rep

Heck there's even a little mini debate over which RE rep we'd be getting. Would it be Jill? Maybe Leon? Heck, could it be Chris? None of us are entirely sure

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And just to remind everyone, Mii Costumes were dropped out of the blue before and weren't tied to any character. We saw that happen twice in Smash 4's DLC cycle (one in late-July, the other September). I don't see why they can't release either of the two company's Mii Costumes in some other wave.

Of course I do expect Mii Costumes to be tied in with whatever new fighter is released but they can be released at anytime unrelated to anything,
Heck there's even a little mini debate over which RE rep we'd be getting. Would it be Jill? Maybe Leon? Heck, could it be Chris? None of us are entirely sure
Sakurai: Yes

D

Deleted member

I am a fan of Crash Bandicoot, but why is he so likely all of a sudden?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Capcom wars has been pretty prominent in this thread for a while now, it's just not as hostile.

This time, it's pretty much a three way war between Phoenix Wright, Dante, and A Resident Evil rep

>three way war
Maybe four way if you throw in Monster Hunter? Though it would be back down to three if you believe the producer’s statement deconfirms Dante

As for Namco, it’s mostly Tales Of vs Xenosaga and even then it’s not as aggressive

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ah to heck with it, it’s grasping at straws but I’ll take a crack at the sidekick/mascot theory and make a list.

-Crash & Aku Aku
-Arle & Carbuncle
-Phoenix & Maya
-Spyro & Sparx

That’s all I got.
Sans and Papyrus?
speaking of...
1560734000490.png
that's a nice blue jacket you got there

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The funny thing about narrowing things down is that you'll never get to the point where you figure out the newcomer from proccess of elimination alone. Patterns can be broken at any time and character you never even gave much consideration can come entirely out of left field. Not to say there isn't any value in trying to decide he's unlikely, but we should never put too much stock in speculation.
Anyone remember Theory Theory? The theory that theorizes that all theories are just theories?
Evolution is just a theory. Think about it. If Pikachus evolved from Pichus, why are there still Pichus?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But Zelda's always been the protagonist...
oh yikes sweetie sweet summer child i literally cant even, you appear to have misused the proper english technique known as an article by confusing the with the article a to imply that princess zelda williams, daughter of robin williams, is the sole protagonist instead of one of many, implying perhaps as a main protagonist. sarcasm is nil, and the world is on fire for your incompetence.

as i just now just displayed my clearly superior intellect, you are now banished to the timmy thick tundra

speculation without any leaks honestly feels boring as hell
its just yelling at each other, now with people arguing if this random person on the internet is credible or not

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hopefully Verge will be back soon to spill some deets in the coming weeks. This place needs some life.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hope nothing gets leaked because I love surprises and I know I can't trust y'all to put things in spoiler tags.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully Verge will be back soon to spill some deets in the coming weeks. This place needs some life.
Dang, we got Hero and Banjo-Kazooie and we are already in a "drought".
How sad, but I can understand. The curiosity flows within all of us.
Also whatever Verge leaks, is 99% true. Everyone, be cautious, as we can get a giant war bomb if dataminers discover another codename.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
oh yikes sweetie sweet summer child i literally cant even, you appear to have misused the proper english technique known as an article by confusing the with the article a to imply that princess zelda williams, daughter of robin williams, is the sole protagonist instead of one of many, implying perhaps as a main protagonist. sarcasm is nil, and the world is on fire for your incompetence.

as i just now just displayed my clearly superior intellect, you are now banished to the timmy thick tundra

its just yelling at each other, now with people arguing if this random person on the internet is credible or not
Okay, fair enough. Zelda's always been the main protagonist, aka the player character. This is Zelda:

I will say I ain't going to the "timmy thick tundra" though.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Dang, we got Hero and Banjo-Kazooie and we are already in a "drought".
How sad, but I can understand. The curiosity flows within all of us.
Also whatever Verge leaks, is 99% true. Everyone, be cautious, as we can get a giant war bomb if dataminers discover another codename.
with me it's not so much that we're in a drought and just that I find leaks more interesting to talk about. Talking about who we think is likely is always clouded by bias and rarely actually amounts to anything. Leaks feel far more concrete, they provide a base for us to build discussion off of.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Who in the world designed that one challenge where you have to beat 100 man Smash with Ken, but you can only use special moves? That was the most aggravating thing in Ultimate so far, especially since items and floor attacks count against you, so God forbid you accidentally hit a POW block that suddenly spawned in when you're in the middle of a Shoryuken. And even more irritating is that non Mii CPUs can pick up items, and heaven forbid they drop it on the battlefield, because one hit and it's back to the beginning.

Ugh, it took me hours to complete that. Especially since Shulk and Chrom spawned in in several of the games, so I had nothing to do against their range and (mainly Buster Shulk's) damage output.

Just ugh.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

-Crash & Aku Aku
-Arle & Carbuncle
-Phoenix & Maya
-Spyro & Sparx

That’s all I got.
Jill Valentine and Nemesis.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Who in the world designed that one challenge where you have to beat 100 man Smash with Ken, but you can only use special moves? That was the most aggravating thing in Ultimate so far, especially since items and floor attacks count against you, so God forbid you accidentally hit a POW block that suddenly spawned in when you're in the middle of a Shoryuken. And even more irritating is that non Mii CPUs can pick up items, and heaven forbid they drop it on the battlefield, because one hit and it's back to the beginning.

Ugh, it took me hours to complete that. Especially since Shulk and Chrom spawned in in several of the games, so I had nothing to do against their range and (mainly Buster Shulk's) damage output.

Just ugh.
Which is why I smashed it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Just ugh.
some of the challenges in ult felt oddly specific compared to past ones. Like that one challenge where you have to finish off a lvl 9 CPU with robin's rapid jab.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah yes with this new character I've rounded out my main group of weeb anime swordsmen from JRPGs originating in the 80's.

gangs all here jrpgs smash no megaten.png
except you know, the other one.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Just ugh.
I just spammed shoryuken and beat it first go.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, what's the sidekick theory? That each DLC character also features another character somewhere within it's moveset? Like Petey, Morgana, Slime (and Munchie), and Kazooie?
Yeah that's the long and short of it.

I personally think it's just a coincidence, but who knows maybe it points to a trend of characters bringing a little something extra with them from their respective franchises, which I wouldn't be opposed to.

DQ and FF debuted in the 80s though.
Actually, that was a typo. I meant to type 80's but I have big fingers.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd & Noishe/Genis/Colette
Velvet & Laphicet/Bienfu
Yuri & Repede
Agumon & Tai
Crash & Coco
Batman& Robin

wait..........

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma & either Lin or Cross (moreso Cross)

Come on it’s obvious

Noipoi

Howdy!

Just ugh.
This is my life right now

This. Is. My. Life. Right. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom