• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We know only 3 out of 5 DLC characters, but how would you all rate the fighters pass so far?
8/10 so far, I feel Im getting my money's worth.

Joker is 9/10, like the character and is fun to play, Mementos is one of the most visually interesting stages even if it doesn't look complex and I like the interpretation focused on him being a thief.

Hero is pretty much 10/10, alts and references from the alts are on spot. I like the menu being used as special and the showing of versatility that is linked to the class(Would be an 11/10 with female alts but I can think of reasons why they were not implemented)

BK is kinda around 6/10, I like what Sakurai did with him as its pretty much one of the better interpretations of the character. Don't really care much about him nowadays and I feel that the best thing he brings is the potentially rotational stage.
Bit of a hot take, but it did Mario 64, but better, only 2 years after Mario 64 came out.

So much so to the point that Mario Odyssey arguably takes as much inspiration from Banjo-Kazooie as it does Mario 64, in terms of gameplay and level structure.
Disagree heavily with this. BK controls aren't as good as SM64 and isn't as focused on platforming, the game just feels slow at times. As a game it just felt like they just took out parts of games like Zelda, Mario and Metroid and while they work well, they lack the depth of them. Tooie kinda fixes some parts of this but add the FPS segments which are kinda just there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It all makes sense now. Hero was a ploy to sell more amiibo in Japan.

No, this isn't real, and we have no quarantee we'll get amiibo for all four. Still, if PT gets four amiibo, something like this isn't impossible.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The thing that really gets me about this whole dexit situation is that it was clearly done so that they could spend the time that would be spent programming those pokemon elsewhere. Game Freak knows the appeal of their series, they didn't just decide out of nowhere that they wanted to upset the fanbase. They aren't idiots, I could guarantee that no one on the dev team would have made that decision if there wasn't some kind of payoff to doing it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1139240004776071168
Godspeed, Jon, you beautiful man. Can’t wait for tonight’s Fortune Cookie!
OK yeah, this is going way too far.

While I agree that people, including myself, have a right to be angry about this, it isn’t on the level of a massive scandal.

Still an ugly situation, but not that ugly.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The thing that really gets me about this whole dexit situation is that it was clearly done so that they could spend the time that would be spent programming those pokemon elsewhere. Game Freak knows the appeal of their series, they didn't just decide out of nowhere that they wanted to upset the fanbase. They aren't idiots, I could guarantee that no one on the dev team would have made that decision if there wasn't some kind of payoff to doing it.
I don't know the situation well, but I had thought the reason was jumping to a console quality engine and assets, the time to develop couldn't work with 800+ Pokemon. Though, that then makes me confused why they mentioned they future proofed the models (or whatever technical word it is I'm probably getting wrong) so something like this wouldn't happen. Just confuses me all around.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
OK yeah, this is going way too far.

While I agree that people, including myself, have a right to be angry about this, it isn’t on the level of a massive scandal.

Still an ugly situation, but not that ugly.
its embarrassing

i remember back in june 2018 when waluigi got deconfirmed and those two headasses decided to harass sakurai on twitter, basically making anyone who liked waluigi look like a laughingstock.

now every pokemon fan is a manchild crybaby mad at something not being the same by assumption

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have a question...

Would Hero be considered having originated in 1986 due to the first DQ game, 1988 due to that being the earliest character used for the alts, or 2017 due to the default skin being of Luminary? :yoshi:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I hate that Luminary is the primary insted of Erdrick.

These should be Erdrick's fanarts!
Yeah Luminary's my least favourite of the four designs - wonder what the order will be in popularity in terms of which are the most/least picked alts

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I guess with me personally, I haven’t seen anything that really makes up for the missing Pokémon yet. I’ve never even been interested in catching em’ all or even transferring Pokémon, but at the same time giant models and poorly optimized open world areas don’t excite me either.

I like the all the new Pokémon shown so far, but I’m fine just waiting for spin-off games to be honest.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Is

Is he doing the Carlton
I guess. Basically every playable character has some dance they can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U437tJwcstU

I have a question...

Would Hero be considered having originated in 1986 due to the first DQ game, 1988 due to that being the earliest character used for the alts, or 2017 due to the default skin being of Luminary? :yoshi:
Probably 2017, just because of Luminary. The name does make it pretty confusing.

Forgive me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have a question...

I’m gonna say 2017, because he’s presented as Luminary first and foremost

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have a question...

I'd say 2017 since Luminary is the main character.

If alts had any influence, the Koopalings would make Bowser Jr. "originate" in 1988.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I guess. Basically every playable character has some dance they can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U437tJwcstU

Probably 2017, just because of Luminary. The name does make it pretty confusing.

Forgive me.
I’m gonna say 2017, because he’s presented as Luminary first and foremost
It's probably due to Bowser Jr. and how his later date is considered over the Koopalings. I do think because of "Hero" it'd be 1986.

It's like how Link is presented by his BotW form but is still 1986...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't know the situation well, but I had thought the reason was jumping to a console quality engine and assets, the time to develop couldn't work with 800+ Pokemon. Though, that then makes me confused why they mentioned they future proofed the models (or whatever technical word it is I'm probably getting wrong) so something like this wouldn't happen. Just confuses me all around.
I don't know if they gave a reason, but my general point is that there was clearly some sort of trade off for this decision. People are acting like it happened because Game Freak thought it would be a good idea on its own, which is clearly not the case. If Game Freak could do whatever it is they want to do without cutting any Pokemon, they would have.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i do agree that its graphically bugged or not very well polished. im assuming that they did content/story first and graphical upgrades second.

they literally got the lowest textures possible on these trees and grass, come on now

Noipoi

Howdy!
i do agree that its graphically bugged or not very well polished. im assuming that they did content/story first and graphical upgrades second.

they literally got the lowest textures possible on these trees and grass, come on now
Yeah the trees and landscape are kinda ****ed, but I’m the kinda guy who can ignore that.

I didn’t even notice until people pointed it out

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's probably due to Bowser Jr. and how his later date is considered over the Koopalings. I do think because of "Hero" it'd be 1986.

It's like how Link is presented by his BotW form but is still 1986...
That makes sense. I'd rather say that when we have multiple alts already, and every other Hero in their FS.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah the trees and landscape are kinda ****ed, but I’m the kinda guy who can ignore that.

I didn’t even notice until people pointed it out
the fact that it can be pointed out though is the problem

you see it once you see it forever

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how I feel about Scorbunny eventually becoming Fire/Electric. I feel like electric is one of those typings that never gonna be applied to the starters as a secondary type.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I haven't seen the treehouse footage, so maybe I'm completely wrong, but the addition of open world areas to pokemon seems utterly pointless. The formula of pokemon is all about going to the next town and fighting in the next gym. It's not about exploration in any way, except for finding the occasional hidden item. Pokemon simply doesn't gain anything from going open world. I thought it was a dumb idea when everyone was suggesting it prior to SwSh too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dude imagine having SF inputs for Smash 64 on a N64 controller

god and mario party's hand damages were bad

Noipoi

Howdy!
I haven't seen the treehouse footage, so maybe I'm completely wrong, but the addition of open world areas to pokemon seems utterly pointless. The formula of pokemon is all about going to the next town and fighting in the next gym. It's not about exploration in any way, except for finding the occasional hidden item. Pokemon simply doesn't gain anything from going open world. I thought it was a dumb idea when everyone was suggesting it prior to SwSh too.
I think they struck a decent balance

You still go town to town, but on the way you can hang out in this open area and just do whatever until you wanna progress

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom