• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I may consider myself the biggest Bandana Dee detractor on this site...

But this animation is more than fantastic.

Congratulations!
Nah there's no way, just saying that alone makes you less of a deetractor than some others likely on this site. There some deetractors out there that literally cannot help but put down anyone who wants them in the game, no matter what. You sound like the type who just doesn't like the idea of the character being in the game, which is fine to me even if I myself really want BWD in. But there are some who are utter assholes about it, and I know you're not one of them.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Joker: 9/10

Awesome design and unique gameplay. He's the Phoenix of the game but better IMO, the Persona mechanic is pretty fun too. Pretty fun character and great start to the pass.

Hero: 8/10

Not the "generic anime boogie swordsman" some have feared about. The creative use of turn based RPG mechanics like a spell selection and MP into his moveset is creative, and the spells themselves act as built in custom moves he can use and he has alts representing some of the other protagonists. Not to mention the Megaman type final smash.

Banjo: 6/10

It's pretty surprising to actually to see him come back. Unfortunately I actually find him the least interesting of the 3 DLC characters. I just find his moveset to be not that interesting. It feels Sonic-tier interesting to me in terms of 3rd party character movesets.

Overall so far: 7.7/10

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sugiyama is a war crime denier with a terrible business in denying orchestral composition of his songs unless you pay for his concerts

also Sugiyama: *creates the most fire super robot battle theme of the 80s*

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member

Nah there's no way, just saying that alone makes you less of a deetractor than some others likely on this site. There some deetractors out there that literally cannot help but put down anyone who wants them in the game, no matter what. You sound like the type who just doesn't like the idea of the character being in the game, which is fine to me even if I myself really want BWD in. But there are some who are utter ******** about it, and I know you're not one of them.
Oh, that’s cool then.

Honestly, I just find Adeleine cooler. Although I respect the Bandana Dee supportes, more so when they make cool stufff such as that animation.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not gonna individually rate them but fighter's pass seems good so far

Nobody that really resonates with me but I'd only need 1 character I want to get in to be satisfied with the DLC

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much satisfied with any character choice since none of my most wanteds had a chance anyways. There's never any disappointment.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I may consider myself the biggest Bandana Dee detractor on this site...

But this animation is more than fantastic.

Congratulations!
But...
I think that the title belongs to me, I'm the biggest Bandana Dee detractor...

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
yeah fighters pass has given 0 people that i genuinely care about in the game

at least one of my most wanted got in the game 5 years ago it's just too bad he's at the bottom of the tier list :4littlemac:

scorpion gang wya
you will never get me to outright admit that I want Scorpion. That said he wouldn't be the worst inclusion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you will never get me to outright admit that I want Scorpion. That said he wouldn't be the worst inclusion.
I would like Scorpion in Smash very much. But it’s banned status in Japan makes an MK rep almost impossible.

That’s why I Back Tekken. Even if I think Dark Souls is more likely.....

Okay, I might have to start backtracking on that stance. The more I consider is.... between Dark Souls, Digimon, Tales and Tekken.... they all have pretty even chances. I can’t really decide anymore which he will go with. I’m still leaning towards Artorias for the surprise factor but... that’s really his only leading edge. Augumon, Heihachi, and Lloyd all have decent chances of showing up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But it wasn’t like a disc or cartridge you put in a system. It was a handheld preprogrammed toy.

Then again, Game & Watch counts....
All video games are kind of toys if you think about it.

Nintendo still considered themselves a toy company when they first started making games.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Some new horizons info from a interview

+ Amiibo compatibility and you can now listen to K.K. Slider’s music wherever in game through your NookPhone radio. (Yes!)

-/+ all switch profiles share the same island. (Mixed, I like that you can share a town together but I’d like the option to have our own towns as well. This is going to be a point of contention between people.)

- No cloud saves, nor is it saved on cartridge. (If you break your switch say goodbye to your town forever!)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
- No cloud saves, nor is it saved on cartridge. (If you break your switch say goodbye to your town forever!)
I'm not as insulted by Nintendo's online as some people are, but it still has me constantly shaking my head.

C'mon Nintendo, preventing save scumming is not more important then making sure your fans have a good consumer experience.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Oh ffs, what's the point in having cloud services if games you're going to sink hundreds of hours into (AC, Splatoon 2) are incompatible?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I'm not as insulted by Nintendo's online as some people are, but it still has me constantly shaking my head.

C'mon Nintendo, preventing save scumming is not more important then making sure your fans have a good consumer experience.
Yeah I agree.

The last to points of the interview mentioned that they were impressed by the fan reaction so far, but are still paying attention to online reactions. Maybe if people make a big enough ruckus it could change.

This interview was in French, learning this all from a Twitter source

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I still would like to see someone to come up with a moveset for Baba from Baba is You...

Like, you create a "KO" block, then you compose the text "P2 is KO" and insta-KO the opponent.
As for the final smash, you compose "Stage is You" and you control the whole stage, pushing it out of the screen to kill everyone.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

To be fair to nintendo, cloud save support is decided by the developer. Seeing as AC and splatoon are done by the same people, it seems like this particular dev team just has something against cloud saves for some reason

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Great... They leaked the final two DLC characters in a new trailer that's been floating around online.

*snip*

Looks like Porky's supporters were right all along.
Yeah fake. Tom Nook doesn’t have fingers

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sugiyama is a war crime denier with a terrible business in denying orchestral composition of his songs unless you pay for his concerts

also Sugiyama: *creates the most fire super robot battle theme of the 80s*

View attachment 228118
Yooo I swear that sounds like something I hear that on Saltybet all the time
tenor (33).gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some new horizons info from a interview

+ Amiibo compatibility and you can now listen to K.K. Slider’s music wherever in game through your NookPhone radio. (Yes!)

-/+ all switch profiles share the same island. (Mixed, I like that you can share a town together but I’d like the option to have our own towns as well. This is going to be a point of contention between people.)

Yooo K.K Disco wherever I go? Hell yeah!

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I hate that Luminary is the primary instead of Erdrick.

These should be Erdrick's fanarts!

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Criminy, people are taking this too far.

Well justified anger is becoming ridiculous, incoherent outrage
That’s what I’ve been stressing out about so much. It’s made me genuinely worried for the safety of Game Freak’s employees. You can find me panicking about it within my last couple of posts.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1139240004776071168
Godspeed, Jon, you beautiful man. Can’t wait for tonight’s Fortune Cookie!
I'm not saying people don't have a right to be upset over the lack of a national Dex, but this is just...utterly pathetic.

The Pokémon fanbase has turned itself into the equivalent of a spoiled child at the supermarket who refuses to stop screaming and rolling around on the ground until mommy buys him a cookie.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Criminy, people are taking this too far.

Well justified anger is becoming ridiculous, incoherent outrage
I totally understand why people are upset about this, but for real people, this isn't anything worth boycotting the game for. When put into context with the rest of the game this really isn't a big issue.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1139240004776071168
Godspeed, Jon, you beautiful man. Can’t wait for tonight’s Fortune Cookie!
if they show me all their completed national dex then their completion is valid

its like whining about home run contest, you're only gonna try it for 5 minutes once they spend weeks and months bringing it back and then its barely used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom