• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That hasn’t happened in this dlc round at all. I doubt it would happen for the last two.
It hasn't happened because we haven't even reached December/February lol.

Hence Sakurai mentioning working on character 1, 2, & 3 all at the same time. It's reasonable to assume that he would do the same for the last two.

D

Deleted member

If Hello Kitty joins Smash, I will upload a video of me painstakingly listing off every single video game referenced/represented in Smash, playable or not. Not just the series, Every. Single. Game (Super Mario World and 64 listed separately, etc)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If Hello Kitty joins Smash, I will upload a video of me painstakingly listing off every single video game referenced/represented in Smash, playable or not. Not just the series, Every. Single. Game (Super Mario World and 64 listed separately, etc)
That sounds like something I'd do regardless :yoshi:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
As far as the last 2 characters go, a Namco and a Capcom rep seem like the safest bets for now.

For Namco, I could see a Tales rep, KOS-MOS, Agumon, a Dark Souls rep, or a Soul Caliber rep.

For Capcom, there's so many possible choices, I don't even know where to start.

Other 3rd Party characters are still plausible too. But that's just where I stand for now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Me: "Well it's my last day off. I'm gonna enjoy it by play some Paladins!"
Switch: "Your Paladins game needs a five hour update."
Me: "eughaguagh"

Guess I'll play Cuphead for now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, we should let Goth support Hello Kitty.

He isn’t doing anything bad with that like pulling an Electrichu for example.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It hasn't happened because we haven't even reached December/February lol.

Hence Sakurai mentioning working on character 1, 2, & 3 all at the same time. It's reasonable to assume that he would do the same for the last two.
So if he was working on all three of them at the same time. Then why didn’t they release at the same time too?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Me: *posts how Hero's Japanese trailer has more views than literally every other video of all of the Smash videos to mock everyone saying that nobody wanted them*
You, evidently smarter than me: "Uhhhh actually Hero is only more popular than Banjo in Japan"
Yeah, Banjo is a lot more popular here than DQ is and better received.

And my post was to point the obvious in that Japan would go crazy over someone that's a cultural phenomenon there. It's to be expected that people would go nuts for the character. Sounded to me like a low-key jab at Banjo even if it wasn't intended that way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, Banjo is a lot more popular here than DQ is and better received.

And my post was to point the obvious in that Japan would go crazy over someone that's a cultural phenomenon there. It's to be expected that people would go nuts for the character. Sounded to me like a low-key jab at Banjo even if it wasn't intended that way.
It was to go "Holy **** DQ really IS that big of a deal if it surpassed literally everything". Anyone can clearly tell that

D

Deleted member

I remember this guy on here who was so adamant on Porky for Smash, that he reported me when I told him it wasn't happening

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Eh, amount of money made doesn't make one character more iconic than the other. Avatar made a lot of money but it isn't instantly more iconic than Cameron's other works for example.

A character being instantly recognizable by a large group of people is what I'd use to compare iconicness

Unless I misunderstood this whole subject

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@GothFluttershy , it’s alright to want whoever you want as long as you behave well and don’t cause trouble over them.

I would suggest to take a small breath, stop this talk and just wait and see who gets in Smash through the near future.
Right now 4th party picks like Hello Kitty or Marvel stuff aren’t possible, but maybe by waiting enough things change in the future.

But don’t get stressed or locked onto this right now. Many people here don’t hate you, but there’s a time and moment for each thing.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So if he was working on all three of them at the same time. Then why didn’t they release at the same time too?
Just because they're being developed at the same time doesn't mean they're all in equal stages of development at the same time.

One can be almost finished and the other can still be in the early stages and that's still "working on them at the same time".

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Never said they all had to release at the same time but given that all the characters have a current release window based on season (Spring, Summer, Fall), I think it's likely that both 4 & 5 get slated for Winter 2020 as they likely are in their earlier stages of development.

D

Deleted member

Steve will be in Smash because Minecraft is the most sold game. He's confirmed basically

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Steve will be in Smash because Minecraft is the most sold game. He's confirmed basically
Wouldn't go that far but I do believe he's likely for the next Smash down the road. By then, most of MC's audience would be adults and MC nostalgia would be at an all-time high.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for a set of posts; trolling
Deleted because it made someone go WAAAAAAH

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Never said they all had to release at the same time but given that all the characters have a current release window based on season (Spring, Summer, Fall), I think it's likely that both 4 & 5 get slated for Winter 2020 as they likely are in their earlier stages of development.
I still think getting Fighter 4 in late 2019 and 5 as latest reveal in early 2020 is more likely. I show my guts as proof.

StoneMask

Smash Cadet
All the Pokemon hate is bringing me down. I mean I feel sorry for all the haters because it seems like they just have a hard time being grateful, appreciative, and happy in general. We have thousands of people working hard and passionately to make great games for us like Pokemon, Smash Bros, and hundreds of others. These people are artists who want to make their games great. Sure they may be limited by things like time, budgets, and corporate decisions, but they do the best with what they have. It’s ok the be disappointed with certain decisions, but also realize that what you have can be great in its own way, and that people worked to the best of their abilities to give us the games we want and love.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why I can't handle all of those beautiful stages?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was making fun of the person who said Hello Kitty will be in Smash
That's kinda immature, they already said they'll drop the subject. Also, Steve has an actual chance of getting in, being a video game character, so it's not a great comparison.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hello Kitty is Japan's most iconic mascot
I think he can make one exception
Honest question, if I told you that Hello Kitty is just a little kid dressed up like a cat and not an actual cat, would that impact how much you want her in Smash?

D

Deleted member

That's kinda immature, they already said they'll drop the subject. Also, Steve has an actual chance of getting in, being a video game character, so it's not a great comparison.
What do you mean? Steve is already confirmed. I just said so

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honest question, if I told you that Hello Kitty is just a little kid dressed up like a cat and not an actual cat, would that impact how much you want her in Smash?
I still find that to be **** pff

Hello Kitty is the cat, they girl they based her off of is human

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still think getting Fighter 4 in late 2019 and 5 as latest reveal in early 2020 is more likely. I show my guts as proof.
Could happen not saying it can't but I think the characters are being limited to one season as in the case of the 3 announced so far. Of course, #4 could be billed as "Holiday 2019" to differentiate from Banjo's "Fall 2019" release date if said character released in December.

The reason why I think we get a double reveal in December is because I think character 4 is a 1st party and they would want that character to compliment the more popular 3rd party they reveal at the end.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All the Pokemon hate is bringing me down. I mean I feel sorry for all the haters because it seems like they just have a hard time being grateful, appreciative, and happy in general. We have thousands of people working hard and passionately to make great games for us like Pokemon, Smash Bros, and hundreds of others. These people are artists who want to make their games great. Sure they may be limited by things like time, budgets, and corporate decisions, but they do the best with what they have. It’s ok the be disappointed with certain decisions, but also realize that what you have can be great in its own way, and that people worked to the best of their abilities to give us the games we want and love.
Calling everyone who's upset "haters" just seems like an attempt to take a moral high ground.

Pokémon isn't entitled to high sales. If people are upset about a product, they have a right to voice their concerns. All the "but they tried REALLY hard" platitudes in the world won't change that if they're selling an inferior product, which in the eyes of many, they are.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, Animal Crossing part of the pool makes me want to listen Message in a Bottle on loop.

I'm not strong enough to face with the truth, so I'll deny this until the end of my natural lifespan but thanks for the cool trivia.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Constructive criticism is part of the biz.
(Not saying it was 100% constructive, but most of them were)

People are also allowed to dislike something even if someone worked hard on it. Hard work does not always equal quality.

The fact that people with legitimate issues/complaints are branded as "haters" to this day upsets and confuses me.

Personally I do not think it is a big deal. But here we are..

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
E3 was a couple days ago, but man, it's still pretty hard for me to fathom the fact that after all these years, Banjo's actually getting in...

I swear whenever I rewatch the trailer, I get a sense of disbelief and have to remind myself that this indeed is the reality we live in.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ahh yes, anyone with a dissenting opinion = being a hater.

The true cornerstone of every apologist/fanboy.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
E3 was a couple days ago, but man, it's still pretty hard for me to fathom the fact that after all these years, Banjo's actually getting in...

I swear whenever I rewatch the trailer, I get a sense of disbelief and have to remind myself that this indeed is the reality we live in.
I still have to remind my brain it’s not fake.

D

Deleted member

E3 was a couple days ago, but man, it's still pretty hard to believe that after all these years, Banjo's actually getting in...

I am still nuts over the fact that Eight, my most wanted besides Crash Bandicoot, got in at any form. I am excited for Banjo too since I want to get into the franchise... But Eight is who gets all of my hype right now.

And the F4 in UA3 was another wonderful reveal. Square’s Avengers looks promising, CTR NF releases this month and I’m excited, Godzilla 2 is finally out in Spain on the 21th and I’m seeing it with my friends and I’m also hyped for DQXIS and DQB2.

Overall: this E3 brought me they joy I really needed in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom