• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Gen 4 had a standard Pokémon story, gen 5 freaked it.

Gen 6 had a standard Pokémon story, gen 7 freaked it.

Gen 8 is already freaking it a little bit, so how freaky is gen 9 gonna be?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Yoshi finally gets in.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

In gen 9 you play as the bad guy.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I agree. Morgana was always just a mascot and tutorial character, but when it came for his major role in the story, it conflicted with someone else's story, which could have been avoided if they placed Morgana's arc later on.
Morgana's story was somewhat all over the place and that's a bad thing when it overlaps with someone's story. Hopefully Altus learned their mistakes and give Haru that fleshed out storyline she deserves

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is pretty fun, but I did manage to unlock Magneto and I ended up beating the Infinity Challenge mission while underleveled by 4, it was pretty tough and although it didn’t seem possible, it wasn’t impossible. Now I have all the X-Men characters unlocked save for Cyclops and Colossus for DLC next month. :grin:
6D870EED-1309-4428-A67F-7D3363E7CAE5.gif

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So it's been a week and three days since I came back home from college. Somehow trying to figure out HOW I lost six pounds already...and then I realized the problem is me eating so much bread items over the last month

D

Deleted member

I’m going t9 record something.

I’m going to hate it, but I must do what needs to be done.

D

Deleted member

Gen 9 will literally just be Digimon

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
untitled.png
untitled.png

At least understand my perspective of using the word. It's all mostly those who are super sensitive to the word, since everyone has different views on it. I know a dude who is diagnosed, uses the phrase all the time. You could say that this conversation has bipolar sides. And that's just using the word. When I used the weather bipolar description, I meant it. It was world-record hot two days ago, and now it was chilly last night. Two extreme ends.

I'm not ignoring your wishes either, I can easily stop. I just have a knack for trying to explain myself so I don't get crucified even it's gonna happen anyway because no one forgives in this age anymore. :nifty: Get accused of anything and everyone burns you on the stake.

do you mean freaky or freak-aayyy

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Morgana's story was somewhat all over the place and that's a bad thing when it overlaps with someone's story. Hopefully Altus learned their mistakes and give Haru that fleshed out storyline she deserves
I doubt P5R would make a big change like that, sadly.

Another issue I've heard about Morgana's arc is how much of an *** it makes him look like, and how he meaninglessly argues with Ryuji. I would agree that this is a bad move, but only if it didn't work for the character. Morgana is supposed to be snarky, egotistical, and even rude at times, yet at the end of the day he realizes that he was being irrational, basically giving him some character development, and at the end of the day, that's what a character arc is supposed to be. I can understand how this could just be annoying to players who are viewing the character based on their morales, but I often tend to view characters from a storytelling standpoint, so this is probably just my hot take.

Noipoi

Howdy!

At least understand my perspective of using the word. It's all mostly those who are super sensitive to the word, since everyone has different views on it. I know a dude who is diagnosed, uses the phrase all the time. You could say that this conversation has bipolar sides. And that's just using the word. When I used the weather bipolar description, I meant it. It was world-record hot two days ago, and now it was chilly last night. Two extreme ends.

I'm not ignoring your wishes either, I can easily stop. I just have a knack for trying to explain myself so I don't get crucified even it's gonna happen anyway because no one forgives in this age anymore. :nifty: Get accused of anything and everyone burns you on the stake.

do you mean freaky or freak-aayyy
Both

StormC

Smash Hero
Enjoyed Lion King quite a bit. Circle Of Life in IMAX was jaw dropping. Worth it to go just for the visuals, at least it was for me. The original Lion King is a top 10 movie and it will never be replaced, but this was a fun nostalgia trip.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Remember those new Paper Mario game ideas I talked about before? After I get done working on some birthday presents I thought about drawing out some of my ideas and sharing them here.

-This game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own levels, battles, partners, etc.

-the “Tattle” characters will be a sentient sketchbook and pencil that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. Mario would have one and Peach would have the other, I wanted to think of designs that were a bit more complex than objects with eyes so if anyone has any ideas for how I could make the designs more interesting let me know

I plan on giving Mario and Peach at least 4 partners that would have more functions, abilities, character, story relevance, etc. in exchange for less partners. Two of Mario’s partners I have in mind are:
  • Rezqueen: female Reznor whose 4 children were kidnapped and joins Mario to rescue them. She attacks with her horns and fireballs and Mario can ride on her back and basically Rambo any obstacles in her way
  • Jacquetu (name pending): female Lakitu who works as a Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it like propellers and lightning rods.
Peach I just had Daisy and possibly a Toad retainer with a spear. If anyone has any more potential partner ideas or any design elements I should incorporate, please let me know.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Remember those new Paper Mario game ideas I talked about before? After I get done working on some birthday presents I thought about drawing out some of my ideas and sharing them here.

-This game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own levels, battles, partners, etc.

-the “Tattle” characters will be a sentient sketchbook and pencil that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. Mario would have one and Peach would have the other, I wanted to think of designs that were a bit more complex than objects with eyes so if anyone has any ideas for how I could make the designs more interesting let me know

I plan on giving Mario and Peach at least 4 partners that would have more functions, abilities, character, story relevance, etc. in exchange for less partners. Two of Mario’s partners I have in mind are:
  • Rezqueen: female Reznor whose 4 children were kidnapped and joins Mario to rescue them. She attacks with her horns and fireballs and Mario can ride on her back and basically Rambo any obstacles in her way
  • Jacquetu (name pending): female Lakitu who works as a Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it like propellers and lightning rods.
Peach I just had Daisy and possibly a Toad retainer with a spear. If anyone has any more potential partner ideas or any design elements I should incorporate, please let me know.
Yoshi partner plz :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Look, all I’m saying that we’ve never had a partner who was a goomba.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anything interesting going on?

Gooigi will probably get in before Waluigi
Smash 6 releases, Waluigi's still an assist, Mario and Luigi lose the Waluigi alts, Luigi gains Gooigi. Gooigi is thus playable before Waluigi.

Somehow, this feels like we're one step closer to Dr. Baby Daisy, and I do not like the sound of that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look, all I’m saying that we’ve never had a partner who was a goomba.
I’m not gonna be able to top Goombella. Plus I wanna do more creatures that haven’t been partners or used once and could have some more ideas for them.

Yup. That's all.
I mean I did say presentS. I was using plural terminology...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Most of the new races from Odyssey should DEFINITELY become partners.

New Donker party member that’s a photo realistic drawing rather than a cartoon.

Donkey Kong side-campaign with DKC enemy races as partners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom