• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My emotions went from, "lol it's my birthday" to a sharp turn of realization that I haven't made any progress since my last birthday.
i mean, nether have I lol But have been having fun with DQB2 so thats something
I could do it too.

But I would likely end up looking like a prick or annoying person for talking too much about how great my life is going.

Because I’ve met many people who really despise to see anyone doing better than themselves.
I just hate suffocatingly positive people. You know, people that are always positive all the time All day every day

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Omega continues to be the best Sonic character.

Yeeted the **** out of this dude...

*snif*

I'm so proud of him...

Well, I'm still going to destroy him since he oppose me, but hey, gotta give credit where credit is due, Omega is the king of YEET.
0a0 (1).gif

And who is a king without a queen?:4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We hear at GameFreak have heard your complaints and are happy to announce that you will once again be able to fill out the national dex in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.

Visiting certain stores you will be able to purchase data entries on non Galar Pokémon. These Pokémon will not be able to be selected for your team.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We hear at GameFreak have heard your complaints and are happy to announce that you will once again be able to fill out the national dex in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.

Visiting certain stores you will be able to purchase data entries on non Galar Pokémon. These Pokémon will not be able to be selected for your team.
ssssssSSSHHHHH

Don’t give them ideas!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The biggest problem with Haru's character development is that the writers decided to skim over her story of being sold off by her father to some sleazy bachelor and instead focus on Morgana and Ryuji having petty arguement #273.
reminder that near the end
She was in the car with that fiance which means she is still with said dude

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
reminder that near the end
She was in the car with that fiance which means she is still with said dude
If you complete her confidant, the new president of Okumura Foods promises to cancel the marriage between the two.

But yeah, I have no idea why she even cares about keeping her word at that point in the game. The man straight-up tried to assult her, and she STILL agrees to spend time with him!?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
If you complete her confidant, the new president of Okumura Foods promises to cancel the marriage between the two.

But yeah, I have no idea why she even cares about keeping her word at that point in the game. The man straight-up tried to assult her, and she STILL agrees to spend time with him!?
Must be a cultural thing

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, think I'm going to bed folks.

So on that said, hope ya have a great day, and take care!
8f8.gif

For me , IT'S GOING TO BE CHAOS, CHAOS IN MY BEST NIGHTMARE!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I managed to find Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, which was surprisingly difficult to do. Of the five stores that sell video games in my area, Best Buy and both EB Games stores were completely sold out (which seems rare in my experience), and I managed to find it in a Toys R Us. (Wal Mart was also an option, but seeing as they were selling Metroid: Other M for $60 towards the end of the Wii U's lifespan, it was a last resort)

I'll probably play some of that tonight - I'm torn between that or Bloodstained.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Imagine if Mario had a more Final Fantasy-esque RPG:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I keep getting tied with Mr. Vile
It gave me a huge problem when I was a kid, and again when I revisited it. And then I watched Let's Plays of people who didn't care that much about the game, getting it first try, easily. :lol:

It does help to go back when you get the running shoes in a later level. It's why I love the original, with the exception of 2 jiggies, you could beat every level in one-go, or backtrack when you gain abilities if it's too difficult. It gives you that freedom. Though, when I did it, I found it very difficult to control and it added difficulty, so it's a matter of picking your poison.

D

Deleted member

Did you see that one post were someone claimed that there was no excuse for S&S to not have every Pokemon in the game if they optimized their time and did 1 hour per Pokemon?

Yes, ONE MEASELY HOUR for each Pokemon.
Whoever says that knows nothing about game dev.

Let’s see.....

The average Pokemon model, (from my modeling experience,) most likely takes an hour and a half, if not more, an- Oh! Will you look at that. Guess that Pokemon’s not getting in the game.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Did you see that one post were someone claimed that there was no excuse for S&S to not have every Pokemon in the game if they optimized their time and did 1 hour per Pokemon?

Isn't it sad how they somehow convinced themselves that it might be a good idea to spend time working on new modes and other features instead of recreating every single Pokemon?

LOL no wonder GameFreak is hated by everyone! Can't get their priorities straight!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Clearly Gamefreak should just take a trip down to reddit.

They’ll fix everything right up for them.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

“Wow Gamefreak. Just wow. Game development is so ****ing simple, but you all are just idiots, so you can’t do that, can you?”
Every gamefreak employee who is working hard and trying their best to please their audience:
DC3A6606-AB7F-4E69-8759-0684BE3B7353.jpeg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I get why people are upset and I'm sure Gamefreak could have managed their resources better, but I'm really worried that Gamefreak is going to get the wrong message from this backlash.

Pokemon has finally been taking tiny steps out of their comfort zone and have been experimenting with new features lately, and with the way people are bashing things like the wild area and raid bosses right now, I'm kind of worried that the message that's being sent right now is "we don't want new ideas, the only things we care about are graphics and pokemon count". Progress has been slow and GF has still been playing it very safe from the franchise, but I felt like we were gradually on the road to eventually see some cool new changes to the formula.

This is what happens when people can't separate the good things about a game from the bad. If there's one or two things that ruins their excitement for the game then for many people, everything about the game is worth bashing. I wish people would stop looking at games through this black/white lens of "either they're so perfect all criticism is moot or they're so terrible they're insulting". Even bad games often have things worth commending, and good ones have flaws that bring down the experience...part of criticism is acknowledging both, and when you bash games relentlessly you aren't giving them a fair criticism and the people who do see the good parts will struggle to take you seriously.

But Reddit be Reddit I suppose.

/endrant

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I get why people are upset and I'm sure Gamefreak could have managed their resources better, but I'm really worried that Gamefreak is going to get the wrong message from this backlash.

Pokemon has finally been taking tiny steps out of their comfort zone and have been experimenting with new features lately, and with the way people are bashing things like the wild area and raid bosses right now, I'm kind of worried that the message that's being sent right now is "we don't want new ideas, the only things we care about are graphics and pokemon count". Progress has been slow and GF has still been playing it very safe from the franchise, but I felt like we were gradually on the road to eventually see some cool new changes to the formula.

This is what happens when people can't separate the good things about a game from the bad. If there's one or two things that ruins their excitement for the game then for many people, everything about the game is worth bashing. I wish people would stop looking at games through this black/white lens of "either they're so perfect all criticism is moot or they're so terrible they're insulting". Even bad games often have things worth commending, and good ones have flaws that bring down the experience...part of criticism is acknowledging both, and when you bash games relentless you aren't given them a fair criticism and the people who do see the good parts will struggle to take you seriously.

/endrant
I’m tellin ya, the wild area is our first step towards a full open world Pokémon game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This is what happens when people can't separate the good things about a game from the bad. If there's one or two things that ruins their excitement for the game then for many people, everything about the game is worth bashing. I wish people would stop looking at games through this black/white lens of "either they're so perfect all criticism is moot or they're so terrible they're insulting". Even bad games often have things worth commending, and good ones have flaws that bring down the experience...part of criticism is acknowledging both, and when you bash games relentless you aren't given them a fair criticism and the people who do see the good parts will struggle to take you seriously.

/endrant
I’m only gonna start ranting if the final evolutions of the starters are lackluster

I’m tellin ya, the wild area is our first step towards a full open world Pokémon game.
Imagine if they’d made Pokémon a console series from the get go.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The biggest problem with Haru's character development is that the writers decided to skim over her story of being sold off by her father to some sleazy bachelor and instead focus on Morgana and Ryuji having petty arguement #273.
Pretty much

That's why I feel Haru was just thrown in as a filler character with no real development. Combine that she joins the party late in the game, it doesn't give the players much of a connection to Haru

That is true. I didn't really think about that. Honestly, I think that if they had a good balance between Haru's story and Haru's relationships, she could have been a better character instead of being thrown as a plot device for Morgana's storyline

None of those are.
I never thought about that until it was bought up. It's true that there were several plots being thrown in Haru's timeline, and I think the whole Morgana/Ryuji should've been slightly after Haru joined and defeated Haru's dungeon.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I never thought about that until it was bought up. It's true that there were several plots being thrown in Haru's timeline, and I think the whole Morgana/Ryuji should've been slightly after Haru joined and defeated Haru's dungeon.
I agree. Morgana was always just a mascot and tutorial character, but when it came for his major role in the story, it conflicted with someone else's story, which could have been avoided if they placed Morgana's arc later on.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Whoever says that knows nothing about game dev.

Let’s see.....

The average Pokemon model, (from my modeling experience,) most likely takes an hour and a half, if not more, an- Oh! Will you look at that. Guess that Pokemon’s not getting in the game.
I mean, you don't want a T-Posing Pikachu that looks like it came out of a Pre-Alpha Minus N64 game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom