• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Every buy DQXI S
If I could even afford anything, I would buy it. So I can start somewhere with the franchise.

EVO's schedule for the finals of each game has been revealed, and Smash is at the very end.

I can't remember when EVO has wrapped up in the past, but I really hope that I won't have to stay up until 1 am only to find out that Nintendo's big reveal is the announcement of an announcement (or absolutely nothing). Then again, even the announcement of a Smash direct, like what we got at last year's EVO, was pretty nice.
If anything, I'm just hoping grand finals doesn't end up being as controversial as last year. That hurt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If people are right regarding the official summer video on Nintendo’s channel from a few days ago, we could at least expect Hero releasing this month.

And if the trailer does drop when I’m unavailable to check the internet, hopefully some people tag me.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm praying for an actual update on Street Fighter V at EVO Grand Finals. Discount Evil Ryu and a few costumes here and there for Season 4 just don't cut it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hella late since I was busy the whole weekend, but I'm happy the Splatfest went well (was on the losing team, but won several 10x/100x games, so have no regrets).

Sad the updates are ending, but excited to see what happens when Spoon 3 comes to New Switch Pro XL in 4 years. Also, this was too wholesome for my morning.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Lastly casual plugging my MUA3 thread

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who’s uninterested in 3 Houses?

The plot doesn’t seem very interesting, and none of the characters appeal to me.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hella late since I was busy the whole weekend, but I'm happy the Splatfest went well (was on the losing team, but won several 10x/100x games, so have no regrets).

Sad the updates are ending, but excited to see what happens when Spoon 3 comes to New Switch Pro XL in 4 years. Also, this was too wholesome for my morning.
I'm sad it's over too, but at least they gave us a sneak peak at Splatoon 3.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

The plot doesn’t seem very interesting, and none of the characters appeal to me.
Nah, it's not just you. SmashBoards is obsessed with FE, so you're going to see a lot of discussion about Three Houses in comparison to other sites.

Just ride it out. It'll die down eventually, much like every other topic that seems to linger in this thread.

D

Deleted member

Nah, I’m also meh regarding the game.

Nothing against Fire Emblem or the stuff I’ve seen of the game, just nothing that makes it seem as a must for me.

I may pick it just to stop feeling stupid anytime there’s a huge Fire Emblem debate on the sites I tend to visit on the internet.

Nah, it's not just you. SmashBoards is obsessed with FE, so you're going to see a lot of discussion about Three Houses in comparison to other sites.

Just ride it out. It'll die down eventually, much like every other topic that seems to linger in this thread.
Most of the Discord servers I’m in are also crazy with FE doh.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey, I’m not saying the FE talk is bad. If people arw enjoying something, by all means, discuss it. I just don't understand the general FE hype myself. xD If i’m honest I’d like to know what makes people like it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If people are right regarding the official summer video on Nintendo’s channel from a few days ago, we could at least expect Hero releasing this month.

And if the trailer does drop when I’m unavailable to check the internet, hopefully some people tag me.
not sure how much of the conversation you've managed to catch about it but the july release for hero is very likely because the video (besides being initially labeled 'july') featured only games coming out in july, and didn't have anything from later (astral chain, link's awakening, daemon x machina)

however, sakurai's column this wednesday is only a continuation of his last one on banjo/hero's e3 reveals, so it's less likely to be this week

reveal on 30th, release on 31st is my guess

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
EVO's schedule for the finals of each game has been revealed, and Smash is at the very end

I can't remember when EVO has wrapped up in the past, but I really hope that I won't have to stay up until 1 am only to find out that Nintendo's big reveal is the announcement of an announcement (or absolutely nothing). Then again, even the announcement of a Smash direct, like what we got at last year's EVO, was pretty nice.
This seems off to me. I think you should only tune in if you actually want to watch the Smash finals live, or the previous game. Any announcement will be all over every news site the morning you wake up anyway.

There should be a stream schedule coming out prior to the event that should at least approximate the start time of Smash at least. EVO usually is only like 1 hour late if that.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
EVO's schedule for the finals of each game has been revealed, and Smash is at the very end.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hmm Fighters is still relevant thought Toei was trying to kill its Tournament life?

D

Deleted member

Hey, I’m not saying the FE talk is bad. If people arw enjoying something, by all means, discuss it. I just don't understand the general FE hype myself. xD If i’m honest I’d like to know what makes people like it.
If I am honest, I just feel like a huge ignorant when I see everyone talking about Fire Emblem.

I know almost nothing about the series and I feel as if I’m doing awful as a person by not knowing anything about the series outside of Roy being Elliwood’s son.

D

Deleted member

not sure how much of the conversation you've managed to catch about it but the july release for hero is very likely because the video (besides being initially labeled 'july') featured only games coming out in july, and didn't have anything from later (astral chain, link's awakening, daemon x machina)

however, sakurai's column this wednesday is only a continuation of his last one on banjo/hero's e3 reveals, so it's less likely to be this week

But.... Hero has already been revealed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Gentlepanda means in depth video/Smash Update video detailing Hero as well as the new content he comes with

I’m personally more interested in the new content he’ll bring...

D

Deleted member

I think that Panda refers to the patch trailer.

And yes, I find the release on the 31st pretty likely.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If I am honest, I just feel like a huge ignorant when I see everyone talking about Fire Emblem.

I know almost nothing about the series and I feel as if I’m doing awful as a person by not knowing anything about the series outside of Roy being Elliwood’s son.
I wouldnt count that as ignorent, ignorent is when you dont play the game at all but say you hate it for reasons being "anime" lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But you can get waifus.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

FE talk isn't bad. It's nothing more than people showing their appreciation for one of Nintendo's many franchises.

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't need to feel left out for not talking about Three Houses on SmashBoards. This site talks about the FE series more than you'll often see on other sites. You're not necessarily in the minority, you're just hanging out in a place where there's lots of FE fans.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Oh damn, forgot to celebrate that Team Chaos won

*party sounds*

I'm not interested either but that's good for my wallet

Nothing against the game in particular, just the series doesn't really appeal to me

D

Deleted member

I feel it’s hard for me to get into FE because how fanservice-ey it is at times draws me away from it.
I think Gentlepanda means in depth video/Smash Update video detailing Hero as well as the new content he comes with

I’m personally more interested in the new content he’ll bring...
wait what

Hold on I’m confused.

Is a reveal (in Smash terms) revealing the character is playable or is that annin depth video on how they play?

Iridium

Smash Hero

That's how I feel when I see anything Marvel-related here.

I feel it’s hard for me to get into FE because how fanservice-ey it is at times draws me away from it.

wait what

Hold on I’m confused.

Is a reveal (in Smash terms) revealing the character is playable or is that annin depth video on how they play?
Like an explanation of the next patch and new character with it, or new content. Both things you said are reveals, just different context.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wait what

Hold on I’m confused.

Remember the 3.0 trailer for Joker?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

wait what

Hold on I’m confused.

Reveal trailer = first time seeing the character.
Gameplay trailer = going into more detail about a character we already know.

D

Deleted member

That's how I feel when I see anything Marvel-related here.
Honest to god here, I wish I wasn't related with Marvel at all by the people here.

I may like their stuff a lot, but it has ruined my reputation both here and two Discord servers by making people look at me as a Marvel madman who doesn't seem to love anything else as much (which is pretty much false).

Sometimes, someone just wishes to stay away from certain stuff.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do people actually legit believe in the anime thing anymore? I feel like its mostlu a joke now
People who complain about "anime characters" and are being serious (not purposely trying to aggravate others) are really just complaining about the artstyle. They might think FE/XC/DQ characters look boring in comparison to LoZ or Metroid characters.

I can understand where they're coming from. Personally, I don't think we should define a character by the way they look, but I can't deny that a bad/boring design can make me less excited for a character.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

wait what

Hold on I’m confused.

The latter, and new content with the patch like Home Run Contest or anything else

Still say we’re getting an effect feature that allows us to put the Galeem/Dharkon possessed aura (and maybe even the full puppet design like this: )

Or the Galeem one which I can’t find rn and imo doesn’t look as cool, their bodies have like a toothpaste color lul on any character you choose. It’s technically not a skin as Female Robin had the Dharkon aura in the Hero gameplay segment, so it’s probably just like. A toggle-able effect or something

D

Deleted member

The latter, and new content with the patch like Home Run Contest or anything else

Still say we’re getting an effect feature that allows us to put the Galeem/Dharkon possessed aura (and maybe even the full puppet design like this: )

Or the Galeem one which I can’t find rn and imo doesn’t look as cool, their bodies have like a toothpaste color lul on any character you choose. It’s technically not a skin as Female Robin had the Dharkon aura in the Hero gameplay segment, so it’s probably just like. A toggle-able effect or something
The skin thing would be pretty awesome, ngl.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

how the hell did BBTAG get a sunday slot and SamSho didn't

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Luckly for everyone, there is less "Lets add this woman with big breasts because she has big breats" In Three Houses it seems
That’s what kinda drew me away from FE.

I want a game because I want good gameplay and a good story, not, “Hahahaha boobs.” That’s not my sorta thing, so it’s pretty frustrating at times.

Now, I’m not saying boobs make or break a game for me, but in FE especially, it feels a bit.... Excessive, at times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom