• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
inb4 Porky actually does get in and someone makes a compilation of everyone claiming "the Absolutely Safe Capsule was a joke regarding Porky, it doesn't matter that Porky himself doesn't appear at all, because he's still in the game despite the ASC using the empty sprite and Galeem only taking the capsule anyway" and I get to laugh hysterically inside. I mean what.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's just conjecture. It doesn't seem like it became the esport they wanted it to be, and it lacked any staying power.
ARMS is like any new fighting game. Starts out with a small but dedicated group of people who love it. People outside those dedicated individuals will see it as nothing. But over time it gets bigger. I'll be waiting for the sequel to see how things turn out.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Despite the fact that Team Order lost, I think Team Chaos winning sets up potential for a really great storyline for Splatoon 3.

Inkopolis descends into anarchy, Mad Max style, after Team Chaos crushed Team Order, and with that authority now out of the picture Pearl assumes leadership of a ragtag group of hooligans with no regard for rules. Marie and Marina have to team up and recruit you (Agent #, which is either Inkling or Octoling) to overthrow the disarray.

Sounds legit to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People honestly sleep on arms for next game. 2 million is pretty good for a new up, especially when it’s a fighter that isn’t smash.

Look at pokken, it was great but kind of went under the radar both times it came out. Arms did good though and has a strong community.

Shulk was pretty underknown when added as playable, which skyrocketed his popularity and is honestly probably a big part of why Xenoblade is a much bigger name now. Adding spring man to a future smash could easily boost arms popularity much higher and would be a good move

Noipoi

Howdy!
Despite the fact that Team Order lost, I think Team Chaos winning sets up potential for a really great storyline for Splatoon 3.

Inkopolis descends into anarchy, Mad Max style, after Team Chaos crushed Team Order, and with that authority now out of the picture Pearl assumes leadership of a ragtag group of hooligans with no regard for rules. Marie and Marina have to team up and recruit you (Agent #, which is either Inkling or Octoling) to overthrow the disarray.

Sounds legit to me.
Team Order wins and I win
Team Chaos wins and I get to team up with Marie and Marina to take down the goblin’s meme regime

It’s a win win

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We all know that splatoon 3 will involve inkling society admitting that they need to chaos control themselves to bringer order back to society

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Sounds legit to me.
Honestly, I wanted Team Order to win because I didn’t want this storyline to become a reality. I don’t dislike it, it sounds fine, but I think a society where everything is controlled, too controlled, by some evil force could be more interesting. Then again, I suppose it depends on how Nintendo handles the idea.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Sounds legit to me.
If it's anything like Splatoon 2's regular campaign, then somehow DJ Octavio is pulling the strings behind all of this, and our idol pop stars have nothing to do with this at all.

I really hope they don't do that cop out again.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alternatively, remember how Commander Tartar was on Team Order?

What if he returned somehow and got control of Marina and/or Marie (and maybe Agent 3/8)? Hopefully not by Sanitizing idk how, but since he WAS listed on Team Order’s side at all, it would suggest he wasn’t truly gone

And then this time Callie and Pearl enlist agent... 7? They’re the only agent somehow missing, unless (I doubt it) Dedf1sh is Agent 7. Cause like I guess Commander Tartar, while controlling Marina or whomever else, will take advantage of their desire for order and carry out his original plan of wiping the earth clean

Oh and Cap’n Cuttlefish can’t be Agent 7, he’s the OG so if anything he’d be Agent...0?

D

Deleted member

I just heard that Blade is finally joining the MCU.
And I am interested on his new actor.

You think that Nintendo could show anything at Comic Con?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Another Nintendo maintenance happening tomorrow.

If past maintenances the past weeks we've had tell us anything, this may mean absolutely nothing in terms of Hero (but thought I'd share it anyway)..

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, In A Hat in Time, I got a mod that lets me dress up as Joker. I got a mod that plays "Beneath The Mask" instead of "Her Spaceship". And I got a mod that displays palace filters on the screen. Y'all know what that means.

D

Deleted member

Another Nintendo maintenance happening tomorrow.

If past maintenances the past weeks we've had tell us anything, this may mean absolutely nothing in terms of Hero (but thought I'd share it anyway)..
If this makes the online of many games unavailable, I feel sorry for the people who bought an Online subscription during these past weeks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You think that Nintendo could show anything at Comic Con?
I'm iffy on that. I think they're mostly there to show off demos there.

But I have my fingers crossed for something Detective Pikachu film related (I doubt they're there exclusively for the home release)

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So why the hell was Splatoon 3 trending even though there was no news regarding Splatoon 3 other than Nintendo saying that it is not in the works

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Ok I see your point, it sold well on the release of the console but lacked staying power. I noticed ARMS never is talked about as an “evergreen title” in Nintendo’s investor relations, sales and user activity must have dropped off once other more popular games came out on the switch.
Yeah, I believe those 2 million sales came entirely from the window it launched in and it hasn't budged since then. It's not going to be another longterm seller for the system, hence why it's one of the rare Nintendo published games on Switch I've seen with big discounts with some regularity. It attracted a lot of people up front, but I've heard countless stories of people who just dropped the game relatively soon after launch. I think it honestly just didn't have enough content at release and needed more time for development, but Nintendo wanted that first year to be packed with stuff, so they pushed out more of a proof of concept to keep momentum going.

People honestly sleep on arms for next game. 2 million is pretty good for a new up, especially when it’s a fighter that isn’t smash.

Look at pokken, it was great but kind of went under the radar both times it came out. Arms did good though and has a strong community.

Shulk was pretty underknown when added as playable, which skyrocketed his popularity and is honestly probably a big part of why Xenoblade is a much bigger name now. Adding spring man to a future smash could easily boost arms popularity much higher and would be a good move
Again, you have the factor of it being basically the only thing to play on the console post Zelda that was genuinely new and a generally incorrect notion people had of this being the next Splatoon (It was never going to be Splatoon levels of success just on what it was alone). I remember how desperate people were for content on Switch and that led to them buying lots of stuff they normally wouldn't. 1-2 Switch was the same exact thing. A fancy new game to show off the console, but lacking staying power. It wasn't as limited as 1-2 Switch mind you, but I saw a massive drop-off and disinterest in the game the moment Splatoon 2 came out and ushered in the next big game.

Pokken's actually a really hard sale on its own when you show it to people. It's an extremely newcomer unfriendly product with things such as 2D to 3D shifts happening in addition to some very weird spins on Tekken's formula. Despite having multiple Demos, the game has just never been easy to market people from what I've noticed even though Pokemon fighting game should be easier to sell. It has just always come across as extremely niche on its own and the port didn't really add a ton of content outside of the character additions.

I just don't see ARMS as this big success honestly. I think it needs a sequel to prove that this was more than just a game that took advantage of its proximity to launch and it needs to nail down a lot more about the game/make it more interesting for me to say ARMS is something worth investing in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I believe those 2 million sales came entirely from the window it launched in and it hasn't budged since then. It's not going to be another longterm seller for the system, hence why it's one of the rare Nintendo published games on Switch I've seen with big discounts with some regularity. It attracted a lot of people up front, but I've heard countless stories of people who just dropped the game relatively soon after launch. I think it honestly just didn't have enough content at release and needed more time for development, but Nintendo wanted that first year to be packed with stuff, so they pushed out more of a proof of concept to keep momentum going.

Again, you have the factor of it being basically the only thing to play on the console post Zelda that was genuinely new and a generally incorrect notion people had of this being the next Splatoon (It was never going to be Splatoon levels of success just on what it was alone). I remember how desperate people were for content on Switch and that led to them buying lots of stuff they normally wouldn't. 1-2 Switch was the same exact thing. A fancy new game to show off the console, but lacking staying power. It wasn't as limited as 1-2 Switch mind you, but I saw a massive drop-off and disinterest in the game the moment Splatoon 2 came out and ushered in the next big game.

Pokken's actually a really hard sale on its own when you show it to people. It's an extremely newcomer unfriendly product with things such as 2D to 3D shifts happening in addition to some very weird spins on Tekken's formula. Despite having multiple Demos, the game has just never been easy to market people from what I've noticed even though Pokemon fighting game should be easier to sell. It has just always come across as extremely niche on its own and the port didn't really add a ton of content outside of the character additions.

I just don't see ARMS as this big success honestly. I think it needs a sequel to prove that this was more than just a game that took advantage of its proximity to launch and it needs to nail down a lot more about the game/make it more interesting for me to say ARMS is something worth investing in.
I think your underselling it. I don’t think people bought arms just to fill time. There was mario kart, zelda(which is huge and takes a lot of time), plenty of great indies, odyssey. There was plenty of time to kill without people needing to play arms to fill it before splatoon came out. Arms worked because it was unique and caught interest, not because it was just time filler to most people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom