• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's a shame the lesser cephalopod won. Can't win 'em all, I guess. :p
Nah, we got it right. She never really got the love she deserved because of her looks, and I'm glad she was able to win the last Splatfest. She earned it.

Besides, it's not like the other one isn't the clear favorite anymore. This should be a victory for both sides.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Will we have to wait until the next Nintendo console for Splatoon 3?

Nah, we got it right. She never really got the love she deserved because of her looks, and I'm glad she was able to win the last Splatfest. She earned it.

Besides, it's not like the other one isn't the clear favorite anymore. This should be a victory for both sides.
Yeah, justice was served.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Hat in Time modding community is amazing.
I’m currently smug dancing to Beneath The Mask whilst wearing the Joker costume, and I have palace filters on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's really not? She's the heir apparent of the continent's largest and oldest governing body along with having the highest strength stat of the three lords, and the military know-how to back it up. In other words, the other party wouldn't even be given the chance to strike back. What a bad take lmao.
I wasnt sayin I was right lol, just sayin what It sounded like to me

Noipoi

Howdy!
Team Chaos wins

Okay

What? You expected me to be upset? I only talked **** because other people started **** with me. I never cared that much.

Iridium

Smash Hero
We are now in the final full week of July.

Will we finally see Hero?
You know, I was thinking it's possible we might get an announcement around when DQ: Your Story releases in theaters, but that would likely mean a really early August release for Hero. Not 100% certain on that, but anything can happen at this point.

D

Deleted member

Since I got bored, I decided to make a Guardians of The Galaxy cast with Smash Ultimate fighters:

Star Lord: (Eight/Guv)
Gamora: :ultsheik:/:ultsamus:
Drax The Destroyer: :ultsamus:/:ultfalcon:
Rocket Raccoon: :ultpikachu:
Groot: :ultpiranha:
Mantis::ultrobinf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It's pretty dead right now, so I thought I'd give us a question as a conversation starter.

Because Smash games typically come out early on a console's life, the content in a Smash game usually focuses on the games from the previous console. So let's say the next batch of characters Sakurai is considering are as follows:

BotW Champion (Breath of the Wild)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Octoling (Splatoon 2)
Pauline (Super Mario Odyssey)
Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Labo Man (Labo)
Byleth or one of the three heirs (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
E. Gadd (Luigi's Mansion 3)
Gen 8 Pokémon (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)

Ignoring future releases and how realistic any of these choices are, who are the three you would want most and why? Your reason doesn't have to be based on anything realistic. You could just say, "I like this character".

Here's mine:

BotW Champion - I want another Zelda rep and I think these guys are criminally underrated.
Pauline - I like her as a character, and I'd love to see her get in Smash, even if I don't know what her moveset would be.
Gen 8 Pokemon - Pokemon tend to be unique, and I like the franchise.
Why default to Spring Man when you could just take a more popular ARMS fighter? Like Min Min?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Will we have to wait until the next Nintendo console for Splatoon 3?
I highly doubt it. Splatoon is a money maker, and Switch 2 isn’t dropping until 2024 the earliest. The Splatoon dev team isn’t going to just hang out until then, especially since the core gameplay and engine is already there.

I expect Splatoon 3 in 2021, with it being noticeably more different from 2 than 2 was from 1. 2 didn’t have to be THAT different from 1 because it was on a new system and people just wanted Splatoon on Switch, but now they’re going to have to give people a reason to buy a second Splatoon game on Switch (besides the basic new weapons, maps, and Splatfest).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why default to Spring Man when you could just take a more popular ARMS fighter? Like Min Min?
Because that would be really weird and unorthodox. Even with Min Min's popularity, Spring Man is essentially the posterchild for ARMS.

Besides, he's already an AT. That should tell you who Sakurai would pick if we ever got an ARMS rep.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Since I got bored, I decided to make a Guardians of The Galaxy cast with Smash Ultimate fighters:

Star Lord: (Eight/Guv)
Gamora: :ultsheik:/:ultsamus:
Drax The Destroyer: :ultsamus:/:ultfalcon:
Rocket Raccoon: :ultpikachu:
Groot: :ultpiranha:
Pretty good! the only picks I don't really understand are Drax's and Star Lord's picks. Other than that, great!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
ARMS didn't do nearly as good as Nintendo wanted it to. I don't think we'll ever Spring Man or any other arms character in smash as anything more than an assist trophy.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My reaction to Team Chaos winning after grinding out max Order rank last night since it was the final Splatfest:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, ****, today marks my Five Year Anniversary with SmashBoards. Doesn't feel like that long ago that I joined in anticipation of Smash 4 post the awesome Lucina and Robin trailer... but here I am!

D

Deleted member

*Weirdmaggedon intensifies as well*
Alex Hirsch can sing surprisingly well.

Bill Cipher is one of those voices that just sounds good to hear, and It’s don’t know why. Same with Snatcher. Maybe it’s the effect.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I wonder how much Nintendo expected it to do, selling over 2 million is nothing to sneeze at, especially since it’s a new IP.
well, based on the marketing they definitely wanted it to be a successful esport akin to what they do with Splatoon or MK8 right now. Tons of people played it day one but then it just sort of fell into obscurity. Nobodies going to remember the switch for arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom