• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
To tell the truth, I have trouble seeking the point of character support groups. The remaining characters have been decided eons ago and there's no evidence of any more DLC characters.

Unless they do another fighter ballot, all we can really do is cross our fingers.
That's the thing with support threads, they aren't really meant to be for speculation. Take the Morgana support thread for example. I highly doubt he will be in the roster, but I made the thread just to get some supporters and other people who like the character, spark some conversation, etcetera.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Dark Samus is Not Shadow The Hedgehog. It is bad that her AT is more unique than her playable moveset, but i think she was a Sacrifice for Ridley anyway

I Mean, They took more effort to make Ken More unique than they did with Dark Samus. im trying to say that just because she got shafted doesn't mean Shadow won't

On topic of Same Model, Same Moveset, Lucas exists. He has similiar model to Ness but he got unique Moves

Im not trying to Say Shadow is more unique than any other fighter

but he is than some, he's a Goldmind of Potential i say, Potentil that makes sense with his Character and how he fights.
Considering Sonic still has got pretty much the same move for his side B and down B I doubt Shadow would receive that much special attention.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On topic of Same Model, Same Moveset, Lucas exists. He has similiar model to Ness but he got unique Moves
Lucas was added into the series 10 years before Echo Fighters were branded, that doesn't help your argument.

Now why :ultisabelle: wasn't a clone? Honestly no clue, ask Opossum Opossum

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To tell the truth, I have trouble seeking the point of character support groups. The remaining characters have been decided eons ago and there's no evidence of any more DLC characters.

Unless they do another fighter ballot, all we can really do is cross our fingers.
So that people can conglomerate and talk about their interests while rallying for support across the website to see if there are any like-minded people. It's not really for anyone in power, but for the users themselves. Otherwise, we'd have a dozen posts about Isaac a day judging by the amount of traffic N3ON's gets.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m just mad Shadow isn’t a character because now he can’t have a taunt where he tinkles in a hot topic

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Shadow is such an easy echo I’m surprised he isn’t one.

The only thing easier than having him be a clone was copy/pasting his assist trophy, I suppose.
First of All his Assist Trophy isn't Copied and Pasted, He got new Animations and he Actually Freezes Time the last few Seconds

2nd of All Shadow isn't Easy. I don't know what you mean. He would be higher than Ken Level Echo...he be at least Semi-Clone, i don't know why You guys love to give Disrespect to my Fellow Hedgehog

I See this all the time. People will love Knuckles and Tails all day and say they be super unique, but they always Shafting Shadow, ALways. They just don't see the way. They just copying False Opinions and spreading it like Radiation in a Microwave

I'm Glad Sakurai see the way, cause he Saw more use out of Shadow doing Chaos Control as an AT, then Making him a Carbon Copy of Sonic...WITH TWO Spindashes. and if it's truely Echo or AT Forever, well then im glad he's assist Trophy

Noipoi

Howdy!
First of All his Assist Trophy isn't Copied and Pasted, He got new Animations and he Actually Freezes Time the last few Seconds

2nd of All Shadow isn't Easy. I don't know what you mean. He would be higher than Ken Level Echo...he be at least Semi-Clone, i don't know why You guys love to give Disrespect to my Fellow Hedgehog

I See this all the time. People will love Knuckles and Tails all day and say they be super unique, but they always Shafting Shadow, ALways. They just don't see the way. They just copying False Opinions and spreading it like Radiation in a Microwave

I'm Glad Sakurai see the way, cause he Saw more use out of Shadow doing Chaos Control as an AT, then Making him a Carbon Copy of Sonic...WITH TWO Spindashes. and if it's truely Echo or AT Forever, well then im glad he's assist Trophy
Look man, I got nothing against Shadow. I think he’s hilarious.

And I agree that he could be unique, but come on. He’s grade A, prime cut, purebred, 100% echo fighter material.

Besides, we all know Eggman should be the next Sonic character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
okay i found out why she isn't an echo

:ultvillager: is a lot heavier than :ultisabelle:

what the **** am i reading

D

Deleted member

There’s a difference between disrespecting him and sharing our thoughts.

From what I’m gathering, a lot of people are just saying he’s unlikely. That’s ok.

Also, “false opinions?” We’re just sharing our genuine thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lucas was added into the series 10 years before Echo Fighters were branded, that doesn't help your argument.

Now why :ultisabelle: wasn't a clone? Honestly no clue, ask Opossum Opossum
Well, to answer this and your other question, she is a clone. But not an Echo. She has a different body type, though they are similar. This made it easy for Isabelle to use Villager's model to make her. She was also given her own personality and abilities to better fit her.

Well, semi-clone, but that's just a fan term. We never had a terminology other than Echo and Clone, and one that isn't officially called a clone of any kind, but "used somebody as a base", with unique being the last one. Wolf is basically using someone as base. It's debatable on what Semi-clone is defined as. Hell, even Echo has that issues(other than having the same body type, there is no official rule on them).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No, it’s his “moon beam”
think about it, all of the DLC final smashes (except Piranha) have been cinematic right?

:ultjoker: - All-Out Attack
:ulthero: - Goku Summon
:ultbanjokazooie: - Jinjo Jutsu

imagine it now. eggman puts you in a capsule and sends you to space. he exposes himself with the eclipse cannon and then you just hear:

1563668000710.png

TAKE THIS. MY SUPER LASER PISS

7NATOR

Smash Master
I always knew there was something right about you.

View attachment 232007

Ah, a ***** *** ************ of culture I see.
Yes Eggman is based. he cool

There’s a difference between disrespecting him and sharing our thoughts.

From what I’m gathering, a lot of people are just saying he’s unlikely. That’s ok.

Also, “false opinions?” We’re just sharing our genuine thoughts.
Well even if it's thoughts, i have to call False when i see it

Because like i said, people always just shaft Shadow, say he just Dark Sonic and just Spin while Knuckles and Tails are the uniquest. Some people think this, and i got to tell them the straight facts. I'm not gonna let 2PAC's Teachings go to waste...

The Truth is that within the Context of Smash, Shadow is More unique than Knuckles ANY Day of the week. No Questions about it. You could argue tails, but i can Argue Shadow all day like Captain America.

Well, to answer this and your other question, she is a clone. But not an Echo. She has a different body type, though they are similar. This made it easy for Isabelle to use Villager's model to make her. She was also given her own personality and abilities to better fit her.

Well, semi-clone, but that's just a fan term. We never had a terminology other than Echo and Clone, and one that isn't officially called a clone of any kind, but "used somebody as a base", with unique being the last one. Wolf is basically using someone as base. It's debatable on what Semi-clone is defined as. Hell, even Echo has that issues(other than having the same body type, there is no official rule on them).
See and this is why Shadow Shouldn't be echo. If Isabelle was made unique, if Ken ot all his unique stuff, you know that Shadow would get his unique stuff too. NO Echo fighter. Im just spitting Facts

D

Deleted member

think about it, all of the DLC final smashes (except Piranha) have been cinematic right?

:ultjoker: - All-Out Attack
:ulthero: - Goku Summon
:ultbanjokazooie: - Jinjo Jutsu

imagine it now. eggman puts you in a capsule and sends you to space. he exposes himself with the eclipse cannon and then you just hear:

TAKE THIS. MY SUPER LASER PISS
Truly a phrase to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See and this is why Shadow Shouldn't be echo. If Isabelle was made unique, if Ken ot all his unique stuff, you know that Shadow would get his unique stuff too. NO Echo fighter. Im just spitting Facts
Isabelle's core reason she can't be an Echo is a different body type. With that in mind, no reason not to improve her abilities to better fit her as well. She'd have different taunts/somewhat different animations even if she was an Echo. Just like many others have unique taunts.

Her personality being different is more of a secondary factor. Besides that, you're posting opinions to begin with. It's fine if you don't like Shadow as an Echo, but it's not a sin nor is it a problem if he is one. Being playable is a pretty big honor on its own, after all.

D

Deleted member

xD Seriously what the heck.
I, too, am scared.

Yes Eggman is based. he cool

Well even if it's thoughts, i have to call False when i see it

Because like i said, people always just shaft Shadow, say he just Dark Sonic and just Spin while Knuckles and Tails are the uniquest. Some people think this, and i got to tell them the straight facts. I'm not gonna let 2PAC's Teachings go to waste...

The Truth is that within the Context of Smash, Shadow is More unique than Knuckles ANY Day of the week. No Questions about it. You could argue tails, but i can Argue Shadow all day like Captain America.

Not to be impolite, but by calling opiniond false your simply downplaying other people’s opinions.

I agree Shadow has potential, but realistically, he’ll probably be an echo.

7NATOR

Smash Master
His SUPER LAZER PI-

Okay, you know what, maybe I shouldn't.
YOu already committed, you might as Well go all the way

Though with that context, wouldn't the Final Smash be banned because the context is that Eggman be Laser peeing on people, and this is a E10 game...Ahh im sure they could work around it

Isabelle's core reason she can't be an Echo is a different body type. With that in mind, no reason not to improve her abilities to better fit her as well. She'd have different taunts/somewhat different animations even if she was an Echo. Just like many others have unique taunts.

Her personality being different is more of a secondary factor. Besides that, you're posting opinions to begin with. It's fine if you don't like Shadow as an Echo, but it's not a sin nor is it a problem if he is one. Being playable is a pretty big honor on its own, after all.
Some of it may be opinion, but some stuff is facts...in any case yes it would be problem of Shadow was echo cause remember, The History of Shadow is also the History of Chaos Control, and that right there is facts

I, too, am scared.

Not to be impolite, but by calling opiniond false your simply downplaying other people’s opinions.

I agree Shadow has potential, but realistically, he’ll probably be an echo.
Look I am sorry if im downplaying other people's opinions, it's just that, i can not let the False Premises be allowed to spread

because when it comes to Smash you either a Winner or a Loser. No in between. When Banjo got put in smash, Steve Fans didn't get a middle ground, they freaking lost, they got bodied, Washed, turned into Fries for the Banjo fans as some of them got salty

So When i see people bring up the Echo Shadow idea up, i have to strike. This is Life or death right here, this is my Destiny at the moment. Pre-Release, this was the thing i looked forward too everyday. Posting, Fighting on the behalf of Shadow's Uniqueness, i have to be aggressive like Shadow would be.

People just don't sit and wait if they want change, they have to go get it. And i want this change. I want Shadow to be considered an actual Character in contention for Smash and not some Used Wrapper that people pass around, suggesting be be Recycled Sonic Painted Black to try to get as much heat from sun. In this Smash Community things be ruthless. I Come from GameFaqs so i especially know this. You cannot let these people just tear you down. I'm sorry f i tore people down but sometimes you got to be the wolf.

Why do you think Wolf is Top Tier, He just doesn't wait for the Kill, he's on you every second. I rest my point

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So When i see people bring up the Echo Shadow idea up, i have to strike. This is Life or death right here, this is my Destiny at the moment.
Let's all just calm down here.

Look, if Shadow doesn't get in, it isn't the end of the world. It sucks yeah, but there's always next time.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I have never had any pretenses that Tails and/or Knuckles would/should be completely unique. I know for the sake of saving development time, Tails would be at be Sonic's Luigi in more ways then one and that includes some similar using moves. I don't actually mind Sonic's moveset as some do, but that's why I'd be perfectly ok if Tails shared half of Sonic's moves. He'd still be differently played even if his only different move was his recovery. Albeit if that was his only difference there'd hardly be any reason to choose to play Sonic since Tails could get back to the stage better. Though the only way they're making Tails an Echo is if they borrow the Sonic the Fighters logic since Tails was pretty much the Ken of that game. He'd still have to be among the most different of the echoes to count but if that was the only way Tails got in I'd take it.

It's kind of pointless to talk about another Sonic character getting in until the next game however. As certain things in the November 1st direct + plus Joker's inclusion + Mii costumes has pretty much shut off all the space for such things. The only possibility I can think of is that if Waluigi gets in first, we could potentially see other ATs promoted in the same game and Shadow comes in as an Echo (As much as you hate the thought of that) then Shadow's probably the only possibility. But between the fact there might not even being more beyond the fighter pass and said characters being promoted ATs. Even an echo shadow in Ultimate right now feels about as likely as winning the lottery, and a unique Shadow in Ultimate as DLC about as likely as world peace being achieved and world hunger being solved in the same day.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I have never had any pretenses that Tails and/or Knuckles would/should be completely unique. I know for the sake of saving development time, Tails would be at be Sonic's Luigi in more ways then one and that includes some similar using moves. I don't actually mind Sonic's moveset as some do, but that's why I'd be perfectly ok if Tails shared half of Sonic's moves. He'd still be differently played even if his only different move was his recovery. Albeit if that was his only difference there'd hardly be any reason to choose to play Sonic since Tails could get back to the stage better. Though the only way they're making Tails an Echo is if they borrow the Sonic the Fighters logic since Tails was pretty much the Ken of that game. He'd still have to be among the most different of the echoes to count but if that was the only way Tails got in I'd take it.

It's kind of pointless to talk about another Sonic character getting in until the next game however. As certain things in the November 1st direct + plus Joker's inclusion + Mii costumes has pretty much shut off all the space for such things. The only possibility I can think of is that if Waluigi gets in first, we could potentially see other ATs promoted in the same game and Shadow comes in as an Echo (As much as you hate the thought of that) then Shadow's probably the only possibility. But between the fact there might not even being more beyond the fighter pass and said characters being promoted ATs. Even an echo shadow in Ultimate right now feels about as likely as winning the lottery, and a unique Shadow in Ultimate as DLC about as likely as world peace being achieved and world hunger being solved in the same day.
I don't think Shadow be an Unique DLC is that unlikely

As for talking about a Sonic Character being in smash being Pointless Now. That's Far from it. THIS IS BEST TIME, To talk about them. It's useless to talk about them when The Next Smash is already mostly developed. You not gonna change anything with that. With right now, this is the best time to strike, because there is no new plans for next Game, and we aren't certain if there is more DLC, so since extra DLC or Next Game isn't decided yet, now is the time to raise your Voices.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some of it may be opinion, but some stuff is facts...in any case yes it would be problem of Shadow was echo cause remember, The History of Shadow is also the History of Chaos Control, and that right there is facts
So his Up B changes to be similar to Mewtwo's, he gets Chaos effects for his physical attacks. None of this would prevent him from being an Echo. The teleport moves aren't too complicated to require a crapload of development. In fact, he has teleport stuff among his own AT, making it easy.

Let me say this as someone who works on movesets a lot. If you're trying to convince me of why his animations cannot work, you need to elaborate further. I already knew of how easy Chaos Control was to add without forcing him to be a Clone to compensate. He still is workable as an Echo right now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom