• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i just got a very good idea for something to draw for the splatfest.

the benefit is that one of the two characters in this is a literal triangle, so that probably won't go badly.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, btw

Put in E. Gadd you cowards. He waa cut from DS, and he never appeared again.

As well as the missing characters from Mario Kart Wii, those being Hammer Bro, Petey, and Paratroopa.
Seriously, how has Hammer Bro not been added yet?

As well as Goomba, the heck?

Oh, and Magikoopa too. Did you know he was cut from 8. Kamek maybe?
Figured i’d Drop this here again as it feels once again relevant

So, in between Zelda brainstorming sessions, I decided to pick the roster for a Mario Kart game. I thought it would be an interesting challenge. I watch enough youtubers that I feel I have a good idea what people would like from a Kart game. Thought I'd beam it your way.

Playable Characters
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Toad
  5. Toadette
  6. Princess Daisy
  7. Yoshi
  8. Birdo
  9. Bowser
  10. Bowser Jr.
  11. Wario
  12. Waluigi
  13. Pauline
  14. Professor E. Gadd
  15. Rosalina
  16. Koopalings (Alt Skins on the same racer)
  17. Cappy
  18. Kamek
  19. King Wart
  20. Tatanga
  21. Geno
  22. Mallow
  23. Fawful
  24. Cackletta
  25. Vivian
  26. Gombella
  27. Kooper
  28. Bombette
  29. General Guy
  30. King Boo
  31. Petey Piranha
  32. Don Pianta
  33. Nabbit
  34. Jimmy T
  35. Ashley
  36. Kat and Ana
  37. Donkey Kong
  38. Donkey Kong Jr.
  39. Diddy Kong
  40. Dixie Kong
  41. Funky Kong
  42. Cranky Kong
  43. Candy Kong
  44. King K. Rool
  45. Krunch
  46. Poochy
  47. Alex
  48. Rabbid Mario
  49. Rabbid Luigi
  50. Rabbid Peach
  51. Rabbid Yoshi
  52. Rabbid Kong
  53. Rabbid Cranky
  54. Phantom
  55. Spawny
  56. Link
  57. Samus Aran
  58. Fox McClous
  59. Captain Falcon
  60. Exitebiker
  61. Isabelle
  62. Inkling
  63. Sonic the Hedgehog
  64. Pac-Man
  65. Don-chan
  66. Mii
I figures alternate versions of characters (Metal, Tanooki, Baby) can all be alternate costumes. I also decided to use Paper Mario partners over generic enemies to give each character a little more personality. Ideally the paper characters would be fully 3d instead so that they fit the game's aesthetic a bit more. I also originally wanted to include other Diddy Kong Racing characters, but Rare and Microsoft own pretty much all of them (they were licensed for the DS remake).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pokken should have added Snorlax.

Snorlax and Heihachi Chain Chomp as a guest.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, remember when I said F-Zero's theme got some wild ass lyrics? Well so does Wild Fang from MMX8.

"Spoiled children afraid of pain should just go home. I've no interest in those who throw away the fangs that will shred the future."

Not quite as over the top as F-Zero's though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I don’t know how having the alternate forms of characters as alts would work, considering their entire point of existing is to have different stats. Same goes for the Koopalings in that regard. I do agree that some like Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach can be costumes.

I also don’t like the idea the random enemies being Paper Mario partners. As much as I like the partners and their personalities, in a Mario series crossover racing game I’d rather just play as the iconic enemies instead of the one-off spin-off RPG characters.

Overall good variety, but I think some sub-series (namely WarioWare, Mario+Rabbids, and DKC) were focused on a bit too heavily. While I do want them to get a little obscure and out there with the roster, this is MARIO Kart, mainly for the main Mario series. WarioWare, DKC, and Mario+Rabbids have their own distinct aesthetics and feels, and can have a view guests in Mario Kart like other Nintendo series, but not several characters. I feel like Mario Kart would start to lose its identity if the main roster isn’t mostly core Mario characters.

I’d also give the baby and metal forms their own slots again, along with the Koopalings.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

Hey if in that list you could just slide dry bones in there for me, a resident dry bones enthusiast then that would be a perfect roster

(And maybe add wolf for me, because he's the other charachter I enthuseify then it be better than perfect it would be ultra mega perfect with fries on the side)

StormC

Smash Hero
Finally finished season 3 of Stranger Things...

lol they couldn't have made it more obvious if they tried that Hopper is alive. They show the Russian soldiers' bodies get vaporized but not his. And I'm sure he has nothing to do with the American being held captive in Russia...

It also got kinda comical how often the characters come in to save each other in the nick of time. Steve and his group do it twice, both ramming Billy in the parking lot, then coming back with the fireworks.

Really good season overall though, huge improvement over season 2.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Finally finished season 3 of Stranger Things...

lol they couldn't have made it more obvious if they tried that Hopper is alive. They show the Russian soldiers' bodies get vaporized but not his. And I'm sure he has nothing to do with the American being held captive in Russia...

It also got kinda comical how often the characters come in to save each other in the nick of time. Steve and his group do it twice, both ramming Billy in the parking lot, then coming back with the fireworks.

Really good season overall though, huge improvement over season 2.
They took Billy from a character I wanted to die more than anything else, to a character I actually felt for. And standing up to meatball Cthulhu, knowing it was fruitless but defending that little girl to the end anyway, it got me.

StormC

Smash Hero
I literally can't remember anything from season 2 besides that god awful episode with the other superkids and that one character dying.

They took Billy from a character I wanted to die more than anything else, to a character I actually felt for. And standing up to meatball Cthulhu, knowing it was fruitless but defending that little girl to the end anyway, it got me.
It was a good scene but man I ****ing hated Billy so much, can't say I minded too much when he died, lol. I'm an arsehole but so was he.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope that MK8 isn't the last Mario Kart game we're seeing until the Switch 2 comes out in 2025

Noipoi

Howdy!
I literally can't remember anything from season 2 besides that god awful episode with the other superkids and that one character dying.

It was a good scene but man I ****ing hated Billy so much, can't say I minded too much when he died, lol. I'm an arsehole but so was he.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I still hate him.

But I’m also a big baby and that sacrifice got me all soft

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This is fine.
Well that's busted, lol

I swear, we can barely go a week now without someone finding some new stupid thing Robin can do in Ultimate. Remember when people thought Arcthunder was gutted? Now all the non-Robins are beginning to realize how scary of an anti-aggression/shield pressure tool it is. And now we've discovered a true shield poke setup with it...

I’ll just tag Delzethin Delzethin here. Robin Gang Rise Up

Was this a thing in Smash 4 too? It feels like Ultimate despite being good, is also janky as hell.
I don't actually know if it was a thing in Smash 4, but if it was it wouldn't have been as effective since Thoron's knockback wasn't as strong back then.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can we talk about how smart Guzma actually is? He made kang unable to do anything by using its baby’s mega against it. That’s pretty smart

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can we talk about how smart Guzma actually is? He made kang unable to do anything by using its baby’s mega against it. That’s pretty smart
At that point, you might as well have held Kangaskhan junior hostage, lmao.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I have a feeling that three houses will be disconfirmed for a character next week. Mainly I'm guessing that the next spirit event will be based on Three Houses.

Renos

Smash Rookie
Any one wo dering when online will be free again? Or at least the memeber ship including the extra stuff and the online free

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Forged in the bowels of hell and Coming Soon™ to a Dr. Mario World (hopefully nowhere) near you.

Here are the other characters
There was a problem fetching the tweet
What the ****

I’m okay with Daisy, Rosa, Wario, and Waluigi, but the babies feel really off here. If Yoshi was in it I could feel the vibe

But that’s me ‍♂

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Been thinking about the Switch releases coming this year, and considering getting DQ11S (this + Link's Awakening + Luigi's Mansion = RIP wallet)
Never played a Dragon Quest game before (or that many RPGs in general tbh) but this one's meant to be great - can anyone here tell me what in particular is great about it? It's always nice to have specifics to get hype about

True, I could just Google reviews but:
a) The thread's kinda dead right now so hopefully this generates some responses
b) I could find out what some reviewer I don't know thinks about it, but it's always nice to hear what people here have to say about things

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that my birthday's today, any messages and replies would be really grateful!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still have a whole roster for a Pokken Tournament 2, though nothing from Gen 8.
I’m working/revising a Pokémon fighting game roster myself though mine is more similar to Smash.

I initially had 72 Pokémon (10 x 7 Gens plus Pikachu and Melmetal) though I’m narrowing it down to 66 Pokémon (8 x 8 gens plus Pikachu and Eevee) if you have any feedback on who should say/go or even any replacements please let me know. Bold are the ones I have in mind to stay.
Gen I:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Snorlax, Mewtwo.
Gen II:
Feraligatr, Typhosion, Scizor, Heracross, Quagsire, Ampharos, Granbull, Azumarill, Tyranitar, Entei.
Gen III:
Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Mawile, Sableye, Metagross, Aggron, Absol, Deoxys.
Gen IV:
Empoleon, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Croagunk, Electivire, Abomasnow, Roserade, Darkrai.
Gen V:
Oshawott, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Lilligant, Bisharp, Golurk, Hydreigon, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI:
Greninja, Braixen, Chesnaught, Hawlucha, Noivern, Pangoro, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Goodra, Hoopa.
Gen VII:
Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Bewear, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Marshadow, Zeraora, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.
Gen VIII: Corviknight

Extended:
Pikachu and Eevee.

Other fighters I’m considering:
Hitmonlee, Gallade, Mienshao, Poipole,

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Been thinking about the Switch releases coming this year, and considering getting DQ11S (this + Link's Awakening + Luigi's Mansion = RIP wallet)
Never played a Dragon Quest game before (or that many RPGs in general tbh) but this one's meant to be great - can anyone here tell me what in particular is great about it? It's always nice to have specifics to get hype about

True, I could just Google reviews but:
a) The thread's kinda dead right now so hopefully this generates some responses
b) I could find out what some reviewer I don't know thinks about it, but it's always nice to hear what people here have to say about things
No idea. I don’t like turn based combat, and when I saw footage of the overworks I thought it would have gameplay like FFXV or the VII Remake, but nope. Still turn based. *grumble*. So I will not be trying out DQ11S no matter how interesting Hero’s playstyle is.

I am interested to see the answers to this though. Sure, they went the Bowser Jr. route with him, so it’s technically not just advertising the latest game, but the stage is still based on 11. I felt the same thing about Persona 5 before I knew more about it. They need to be iconic in their own series and not someone everyone will just forget about when the new title comes out. I have to wonder if Hero’s primary skin and stage will become outdated soon the release of DQ12.

D

Deleted member

I got invited to audition for a character.

The voice refrence was Wheatley.

I’m happy.

My semi-decent British accent is coming into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom