• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And based on what I read. This is the 2nd deadliest post-war mass murder since the Myoji 56 burning which killed 44 people. Jesus, This is absolutely awful. Condolences to the family.
Yep, even surpasses the Sarin Gas terrorist attack which is still being felt to this day.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Two other ideas for my Monsters vs. Aliens/How to Train Your Dragon crossover.

-Toothless meeting an descendant of Hiccup working at Area 51. Toothless finds out and at first thinks he's Hiccup much to his joy due to sensing his best friends bloodline in his descendant through scent. This leads to a friendship and said OC descendant of Hiccup forming a bond with Toothless and his family as well as developing a friendship with Team Monster and romantic feelings between him and Susan/Ginormica.

-Derek, Susan's/Ginormica's ex-fiancee attempting to come back into her life only to face a wrathful Toothless who instantly despises him forcing him to never come back into her life again.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not exactly the current conversation but this Kyoto Animation arson is becoming a huge national event. I heard that public building and businesses will be conducting meetings and procedures on what to do when this sort of thing happens.

Apparently, arsonist guy was found burned and was arrested. Witnesses say that saw people running out of the building completely on fire or falling out of the windows. One man I saw on the news described how he escaped and said he feels remorse as he ran passed his colleagues who were completely on fire. The arsonist had doused numerous employees with gasoline as well. According to the news, the man was shouting “die!” and admitted to the police on route to the hospital to treat his burns that he did it as revenge for “plagiarism”.

The president of Kyoto Animation stated that they received numerous death threats in the weeks leading up to the attack and set precautions to prevent such an event. This included keeping all entries to their properties locked. However, they were expecting guests for a visit yesterday and were unsure of the time of their arrival so they kept the doors unlocked.

My office had a brief meeting on what to do if you suspect such an event may occur and apparently there will be procedures on what to do if there is arson attack. They are also advising public places to be wary of copy-cat attacks as this sometimes happens after such an event. Not that it’s a huge concern but I was surprised to find the arsonist lived within an hour of where I live. So he actually traveled nearly half-way across the country to commit this crime.
I'm not remotely familiar with the animation company, but the attack is nonetheless stunning to me, specially considering how many people lost their lives in it... At least they've caught the culprit, but agh...This is an awful situation and one terrifying to think of.

My prayers go out to all of the victims and their families. Whatever procedures are followed from here on out, I hope that similar attacks can be prevented in the future. You stay safe, too, Venus. The thought of such a monster living so close by is pretty damn unnerving, to say the least...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Holy. Moly.

Just officially turned in what is my term paper for the final assignment of the semester. 45 freaking pages and half of the pages are Figures for the assignment. Lord, let me pass this class because it's impossible to screw this up with a 99.23% in the class currently.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Let's play a game. List 1 thing you would change about 10 different characters. Go!

:ultkrool:: I want to keep his down smash the same functionally, but it really should have been his ground pound from DK64.
:ultjoker:: Add the other Phantom Thieves to the victory screen. It just looks empty when only Morgana is there.
:ultpacman:: Having a Ms. Pacman alt seemed like an obvious decision to make.
:ultyoshi:: Make Crafted Yoshi's textures less ugly.
:ultsnake:: Add some new codec calls.
:ultpit:: Why DLC fighters don't have Palutena's Guidance conversations is beyond me.
:ultsonic:: Add a more diverse range of alts.
:ultpikachu:: I'd love a Detective Pikachu alt.
:ultwario:: Having an explorer alt would be fantastic.
:ultpeach:: Maybe make the Parasol Parry.

Banjo-Kazooie. The farthest I've gotten is to the Jinjonator stage.
:ultmario:: Replace the purple outfit with his Fire Mario alt.
:ultdoc:: Have his neutral special throw the pills in an arc like with his sprite animation in the original game
:ultpeach:: Give the Toads different colors with her alts. (Giving :ultdaisy: Toadette instead)
:ultdaisy:: Utilize some of Peach’s customs like the Flower Bomber and Light Parasol
:ultganondorf:: Replace his down special with the Wizard’s Dropkick custom from 4
:ultkirby:: Change his aerial side special to how it was in Brawl
:ultpokemontrainer:: Bring back Bryce Papenbrook, his Origins VA
:ultisabelle:: Just give her :ultvillager:’s jab or a better jab in general (and maybe a few more costumes like her casual attire)
:ultdarksamus:: Incorporate some of her Phazon attacks like the tentacles and homing laser spheres
:ultlittlemac:: Redesign his playstyle to be less super armor and big hits and more timing and strategizing blows and stringing combos

(Bonus) :ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy:: use their voice actors from their home games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Please tell me this is not an actual, real, official thing created and endorsed by Nintendo.
Forged in the bowels of hell and Coming Soon™ to a Dr. Mario World (hopefully nowhere) near you.

Here are the other characters
There was a problem fetching the tweet

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
there's so many cool mario characters and the spin offs consistently choose the worst ones

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
there's so many cool mario characters and the spin offs consistently choose the worst ones
It'd be really nice to see the likes of the Warioware characters + Captain Syrup and other DK characters in the Mario spin offs, but nope ogtta have the baby and metal characters instead.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Remove literally every baby character from every single future Mario Kart game for all of time, and I am more content with Nintendo making as many Dr. characters as they want.

You wanna give every single Mario character a PhD? Go ahead, if it means no more babified Mario characters instead. They can make Dr. Count Bleck for all I care.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Remove literally every baby character from every single future Mario Kart game for all of time, and I am more content with Nintendo making as many Dr. characters as they want.

You wanna give every single Mario character a PhD? Go ahead, if it means no more babified Mario characters instead. They can make Dr. Count Bleck for all I care.
Dr. Count Bleck would be awesome

Putting Paper Mario characters in the other spin offs would be awesome

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Replace the babies with "Old and Senile Mario."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm fine with Babby Mario. He's a cutie, but more importantly, he's actually shown up a bunch as more than roster fodder.

The other babbies can go any day now. Babby Luigi and Babby Peach are pushing it, but Rosalina and Daisy? Come on now. They weren't even a thing!

Gd Mario Kart and its gd asset reuse. Add Petey back you cowards.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
as I've said already

I am maining the **** out of Dr. Diddy Kong. I will save all my coins and tickets just to roll for when he drops. And then I will never play into the gacha bull**** again once I have him, I will just play the game and reign superior over others in versus mode.

unless Dr. K. Rool happens in the future then we're talking something different

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dr. Count Bleck would be awesome

Putting Paper Mario characters in the other spin offs would be awesome
My patient, you have a severe case of FEVER AND THE CHILLS, diagnosed Count Bleck! BLEH HEH HEH HEH HEH! BLECK!

For real though, I agree. I need to see Lady Bow, Goombella, Koops, Kooper, Bombette, Vivian, Admiral Bobbery, Goombario and Parakarry in 3D games at some point, just to name...a few.

I'm fine with Babby Mario. He's a cutie, but more importantly, he's actually shown up a bunch as more than roster fodder.

The other babbies can go any day now. Babby Luigi and Babby Peach are pushing it, but Rosalina and Daisy? Come on now. They weren't even a thing!
s.
This. I wouldn't mind a few of them being around, but Baby Daisy was unnecessary for sure, and Baby Rosalina has no justification for existing.

Add Petey back you cowards.
ALSO THIS

EVEN MORE SO

The chaotic evil duo that is King Boo and Petey Piranha must be reunited.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
as I've said already

I am maining the **** out of Dr. Diddy Kong. I will save all my coins and tickets just to roll for when he drops. And then I will never play into the gacha bull**** again once I have him, I will just play the game and reign superior over others in versus mode.

unless Dr. K. Rool happens in the future then we're talking something different
You think he throws his own crap around when he loses a patient?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well beating a Zelda player who used nothing but special moves got me back in Elite.
Catch me maining Dr. Shy Guy
Would you trust a doctor who hides their face?

Dr. Chain Chomp when?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Where’s Doctor Piranha Plant? He’s an established icon in gaming now that he’s in smash

D

Deleted member

:ultmario:: Replace the purple outfit with his Fire Mario alt.
:ultdoc:: Have his neutral special throw the pills in an arc like with his sprite animation in the original game
:ultpeach:: Give the Toads different colors with her alts. (Giving :ultdaisy: Toadette instead)
:ultdaisy:: Utilize some of Peach’s customs like the Flower Bomber and Light Parasol
:ultganondorf:: Replace his down special with the Wizard’s Dropkick custom from 4
:ultkirby:: Change his aerial side special to how it was in Brawl
:ultpokemontrainer:: Bring back Bryce Papenbrook, his Origins VA
:ultisabelle:: Just give her :ultvillager:’s jab or a better jab in general (and maybe a few more costumes like her casual attire)
:ultdarksamus:: Incorporate some of her Phazon attacks like the tentacles and homing laser spheres
:ultlittlemac:: Redesign his playstyle to be less super armor and big hits and more timing and strategizing blows and stringing combos

(Bonus) :ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy:: use their voice actors from their home games.
:ultsonic:: Completely change his set of specials
:ultmario:: Make his side-b Cappy, then map cape to down b
:ultkingdedede:: TED LEWIS
:ultmetaknight::Fix this character so I can play him again
:ultdaisy::Give her a moveset revolving around Mario Spin-Offs
:ultbowser:: Give him his real voice back, and change some of his animations so he seems less monstrous

That's all I have for today, please leave a like and subscribe

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like they do strictly because people know who Mario, Luigi, Peach ect. are, so why not just make multiple versions of them. Or, they do it out of spite, that could be it too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, btw

Put in E. Gadd you cowards. He waa cut from DS, and he never appeared again.

As well as the missing characters from Mario Kart Wii, those being Hammer Bro, Petey, and Paratroopa.
Seriously, how has Hammer Bro not been added yet?

As well as Goomba, the heck?

Oh, and Magikoopa too. Did you know he was cut from 8. Kamek maybe?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird Greninja isn’t in Pokkén? In fact, when you look at the roster, it feels like a lot of essentials are just missing. Some of them, like Venusaur, I get. They just don’t have the right body type. Then again Suicine is in this but whatever. And I understand the lack of Incineroar. Sakurai hadn’t yet decided that this was the Sun and Moon Pokémon he would immortalize yet.

If I could. I would say, in either a sequel or DLC, they should add the following Pokémon.

Hitmonlee and/or Hitmonchan
Greninja
Incineroar
Venusaur
Melmetal
Zeraora
Zoroark
Lopunny
Infernape
Emboar (might as well)
Maybe Frosslass? Rosarie? Both?
One of the Sword and Sheild Final Evos (please let Grookey be a punk rock drummer girl!)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Am I the only one who thinks it’s weird Greninja isn’t in Pokkén? In fact, when you look at the roster, it feels like a lot of essentials are just missing. Some of them, like Venusaur, I get. They just don’t have the right body type. Then again Suicine is in this but whatever. And I understand the lack of Incineroar. Sakurai hadn’t yet decided that this was the Sun and Moon Pokémon he would immortalize yet.

If I could. I would say, in either a sequel or DLC, they should add the following Pokémon.

Hitmonlee and/or Hitmonchan
Greninja
Incineroar
Venusaur
Melmetal
Zeraora
Zoroark
Lopunny
Infernape
Emboar (might as well)
Maybe Frosslass? Rosarie? Both?
One of the Sword and Sheild Final Evos (please let Grookey be a punk rock drummer girl!)
Greninja feels a bit weird not in there, but Hawlucha is one that felt like such an easy pick. At least, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom