• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
welp im bored

who wants to see me talk about new york city water towers

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
metal cavern
Honestly I agree. The main theme is good and memorable but so many people remember metal cavern and it’s sweet theme more. After all it’s pretty much why metal Mario was so liked in the smash community

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly I agree. The main theme is good and memorable but so many people remember metal cavern and it’s sweet theme more. After all it’s pretty much why metal Mario was so liked in the smash community
Man, I wish Metal Cavern was a stage in Smash Bros. Ultimate. I would love to play on that stage.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Don't Know If i Should Make a Seperate Topic about this, But i Made a Tier List for Potential Newcomers for Smash 6...

Here it is

READ NOTES BELOW THE LIST!
Top Tier (Probably a Lock)
(Min-Min, Spring-Man, Ribbon-Girl), Isaac, Rex & Pyra, Crash

High Tier (High Chances)
Dixie, Ashley, Skull Kid, Doomguy, (Shadow, Tails), Geno, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee

Special Case High Tier
Octoling

Mid Tier (Can Go either way)
Shantae, Sora, New Generation Pokemon, Wonder Red, Scorpion, Bomberman, Krystal, Sans, Phoenix Wright, KOS-MOS, Ryu Haybusa, Travis, Lip, Dante, Rayman, (Lloyd, Yuri, Velvet), Master Chief, Zero, Alucard, Shovel Knight, Sephiorth, (Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya), (Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire, Wesker, Nemesis), Some Dark Souls Character, Midna, (Marx, Magolar, Adeline and Ribbon), Knuckles, Spyro, Takumaru, Professor Layton, Eggman

Special Case Mid Tier
Akuma

Low Tier (Has low chances of making it in)
(Toad, Paper Mario, King Boo, Kamek), Tingle, Ganon, Sylux, Decidueye, Mimickyu, Gardevoir, Porky, Ninten, Masked Man, Black Knight, Lyn, Byleth, Edelgard, Hector, Tiki, Viridi, Hades, Medusa, Elma, Raiden, M.Bison, Chorus Kid, Karate Joe, Tibby, Chibi Robo, Saki, Dillion, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachhibua, Sable Prince, Akira Howard, Arle, Kazuma Kiryu, Klonoa, Monster Hunter, Amaeratsu, Viewtiful Joe, Steve, Hollow Knight, Hat Kid, Neku, 2B, Kratos, Terry, Kyo, Iori, Geese, Nakoruru, Mai, Athena, Mii Mage, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Chun-Li, Terra, Andy, Sami, Lara Croft

Bottom Tier (1% Chance or Lower)
Samurai Goroh, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Ray Mk3, Goku, Chrono, L-Block, Nintendo Labo, Sandbag

NOTES!

-This list was made with intention that Smash 6 is either traditional Smash game or Ultimate 2, NOT REBOOT. I’ll make one for that later

-This List also Covers DLC, For Ultimate AND Next Smash

-NO Echo Fighters on this list. This list is concerning unique characters

-Going into above Point, Akuma and Octoling are Special Cases in that i’m not sure if they will go echo route or Unique route, So they Special Case. Akuma is Mid tier, Octoling is High Tier

-Low Tier and Bottom Tier Are NOT Ordered. Mid Tier, High Tier, and Top Tier are ordered, but Mid Tier i feel might need Re-adjusting especially

-If Characters are in Parenthesis, that means a rep from that Franchise in general, though there might be characters from The Same Franchise that are higher on List because I think they are more likely than their peers

-This List is Subject to Change and may even see Additions to list. Don’t Fear to ask Question, i will explain my reasonings for everything

-Above all else, have fun Looking

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I Don't Know If i Should Make a Seperate Topic about this, But i Made a Tier List for Potential Newcomers for Smash 6...

Here it is

High Tier (High Chances)

Special Case High Tier
Octoling

Shantae, Sora, New Generation Pokemon, Wonder Red, Scorpion, Bomberman, Krystal, Sans, Phoenix Wright, KOS-MOS, Ryu Haybusa, Travis, Lip, Dante, Rayman, (Lloyd, Yuri, Velvet), Master Chief, Zero, Alucard, Shovel Knight, Sephiorth, (Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya), (Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire, Wesker, Nemesis), Some Dark Souls Character, Midna, (Marx, Magolar, Adeline and Ribbon), Knuckles, Spyro, Takumaru, Professor Layton, Eggman

Special Case Mid Tier
Akuma

(Toad, Paper Mario, King Boo, Kamek), Tingle, Ganon, Sylux, Decidueye, Mimickyu, Gardevoir, Porky, Ninten, Masked Man, Black Knight, Lyn, Byleth, Edelgard, Hector, Tiki, Viridi, Hades, Medusa, Elma, Raiden, M.Bison, Chorus Kid, Karate Joe, Tibby, Chibi Robo, Saki, Dillion, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachhibua, Sable Prince, Akira Howard, Arle, Kazuma Kiryu, Klonoa, Monster Hunter, Amaeratsu, Viewtiful Joe, Steve, Hollow Knight, Hat Kid, Neku, 2B, Kratos, Terry, Kyo, Iori, Geese, Nakoruru, Mai, Athena, Mii Mage, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Chun-Li, Terra, Andy, Sami, Lara Croft

Samurai Goroh, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Ray Mk3, Goku, Chrono, L-Block, Nintendo Labo, Sandbag

NOTES!

-This list was made with intention that Smash 6 is either traditional Smash game or Ultimate 2, NOT REBOOT. I’ll make one for that later

-Going into above Point, Akuma and Octoling are Special Cases in that i’m not sure if they will go echo route or Unique route, So they Special Case. Akuma is Mid tier, Octoling is High Tier

-Low Tier and Bottom Tier Are NOT Ordered. Mid Tier, High Tier, and Top Tier are ordered, but Mid Tier i feel might need Re-adjusting especially

-If Characters are in Parenthesis, that means a rep from that Franchise in general, though there might be characters from The Same Franchise that are higher on List because I think they are more likely than their peers

-This List is Subject to Change and may even see Additions to list. Don’t Fear to ask Question, i will explain my reasonings for everything

I really doubt Akuma is likelier than Kamek or Steve.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah sure. I got nothin else to do

/s. (What I mean to say was please tell me a story about the water towers)
So when it comes to early days of Marvel's comics at the very end of the Silver Age was where Spider-Man spawned. And when trying to figure out how strong they are before the first guidebook about these comics even came out in the late 80s, it was hard to determine how strong a particular character was outside of the little bonus pages they give in the end of most annuals. Unfortunately for Spider-Man, his last original Annual that explained how strong he was released in 1967, where he was (at the time) the 6th strongest hero as he is below (in no particular order): The Thing, The Hulk, Thor, Hercules, and Namor the Submariner.

1563421425185.png

What's notable is that he's higher ranked than Hank Pym, who during this publication was known as Giant Man, and he had the strength of a giant man. Unrelated tidbit, he was this strong since the beginning since there was a previous ranking in 1964's Annual #1 where Hank was only recently transformed to Giant Man. Namor and Hercules didn't exist yet so of course they updated it years later with the above picture.

1563421611269.png

This means that there's a huge gap in how strong he could be. The Thing seemed to be the lowest contender because his cap at the time was 5 tons.

untitled.png

However, this was through F4 #18, which only came out in '63. Was there a Thing lifting feat buff? I don't know, I didn't give a damn to read those ones yet because I'm a lazy doodoohead. So the absolute limit Spider-Man could overcome is >5 tons, right? Maybe. Stan Lee liked to incorporate magical moments where Spider-Man magically has the strength to overcome any obstacle under immense pressure, whether it be plot-induced outliers or just abilities that are made-up on the spot. Like Spider-Man losing his powers whenever he gets sick. Yes, that's real, and Stan was oddly consistent with making it that way throughout his 100 issue run.

There was originally only thought to be one of these feats: the well-known issue #33 where he lifts this thing that he says "must weigh like a locomotive!" and then proceeds to have an existential crisis sold at the cost of 60 cents.

A train car can weigh between 25 tons unloaded and 100 tons if fully loaded at 100% total capacity, so that's a giant range and upgrade to pick from. So for the time being it was considered a massive outlier that he never topped, even assuming the low end. Until this ************ Will found this.

In this issue, he replicates a similar feat where against the odds where it was crushing him, he out lifted and threw this collapsing water tower to save some citizens below. When I first looked up the weight of water towers just through how many tons are in regular ones alone, this was nearing hundreds of tons. Obviously ridonkulous and not valid. That was until I realized and learned that New York City water towers, especially in Manhattan areas (where he lives), have specially designed wooden rooftop water towers since the 1950s that hold significantly less water and are designed to filter water and supply it throughout one main apartment complex building.

Peter says it is fully loaded, which a maximum capacity would be 10,000 gallons of water (as opposed to most main water towers in cities capable of holding upwards of 1,000,000 gallons). Converting that into simpleton math would mean he's manhandling around 38 tons of contained water. That is almost 20 up above the minimum capacity of the given "locomotive" feat from earlier before. And these Parkers are definitely different. Peter hasn't even graduated high school yet by #33, but was nearing his 20s if not already in it (I don't remember which one, they actually do say it) by #89. That gives him almost two years of improving and getting stronger. In that Annual #1 picture I had hidden, it even proves it by saying he had more to mature into.

So in conclusion, are the two feats stacked together outliers against how much he can lift? Maybe, I'm honestly not sure.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its the 18th. SDCC is today. What glorious news and announcements of MCU Phase 4 will be revealed?

If rumors are to be true Doctor Strange 2 should be next year. If so one of my most anticipated alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast and Furious 9 and Bloodshot (Which better be rated R. We need more R rated superhero films).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Here it is

High Tier (High Chances)

Special Case High Tier
Octoling

Special Case Mid Tier
Akuma

NOTES!

I believe Steve would be Mid Tier at the very least. Sans should be next to Shantae.

And nobody is a lock.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's an Untitled Marvel Studios film set for November 4th. I can see that being Doctor Strange 2.

What I love about Doctor Strange and why its one of my favorite Marvel/MCU and superhero films is how different it is from the superhero genre with its mystic arts and magic. It makes it feel differ and separate from the usual formula used.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So when it comes to early days of Marvel's comics at the very end of the Silver Age was where Spider-Man spawned. And when trying to figure out how strong they are before the first guidebook about these comics even came out in the late 80s, it was hard to determine how strong a particular character was outside of the little bonus pages they give in the end of most annuals. Unfortunately for Spider-Man, his last original Annual that explained how strong he was released in 1967, where he was (at the time) the 6th strongest hero as he is below (in no particular order): The Thing, The Hulk, Thor, Hercules, and Namor the Submariner.

What's notable is that he's higher ranked than Hank Pym, who during this publication was known as Giant Man, and he had the strength of a giant man. Unrelated tidbit, he was this strong since the beginning since there was a previous ranking in 1964's Annual #1 where Hank was only recently transformed to Giant Man. Namor and Hercules didn't exist yet so of course they updated it years later with the above picture.

This means that there's a huge gap in how strong he could be. The Thing seemed to be the lowest contender because his cap at the time was 5 tons.

However, this was through F4 #18, which only came out in '63. Was there a Thing lifting feat buff? I don't know, I didn't give a damn to read those ones yet because I'm a lazy doodoohead. So the absolute limit Spider-Man could overcome is >5 tons, right? Maybe. Stan Lee liked to incorporate magical moments where Spider-Man magically has the strength to overcome any obstacle under immense pressure, whether it be plot-induced outliers or just abilities that are made-up on the spot. Like Spider-Man losing his powers whenever he gets sick. Yes, that's real, and Stan was oddly consistent with making it that way throughout his 100 issue run.

There was originally only thought to be one of these feats: the well-known issue #33 where he lifts this thing that he says "must weigh like a locomotive!" and then proceeds to have an existential crisis sold at the cost of 60 cents.

A train car can weigh between 25 tons unloaded and 100 tons if fully loaded at 100% total capacity, so that's a giant range and upgrade to pick from. So for the time being it was considered a massive outlier that he never topped, even assuming the low end. Until this ************ Will found this.

In this issue, he replicates a similar feat where against the odds where it was crushing him, he out lifted and threw this collapsing water tower to save some citizens below. When I first looked up the weight of water towers just through how many tons are in regular ones alone, this was nearing hundreds of tons. Obviously ridonkulous and not valid. That was until I realized and learned that New York City water towers, especially in Manhattan areas (where he lives), have specially designed wooden rooftop water towers since the 1950s that hold significantly less water and are designed to filter water and supply it throughout one main apartment complex building.

Peter says it is fully loaded, which a maximum capacity would be 10,000 gallons of water (as opposed to most main water towers in cities capable of holding upwards of 1,000,000 gallons). Converting that into simpleton math would mean he's manhandling around 38 tons of contained water. That is almost 20 up above the minimum capacity of the given "locomotive" feat from earlier before. And these Parkers are definitely different. Peter hasn't even graduated high school yet by #33, but was nearing his 20s if not already in it (I don't remember which one, they actually do say it) by #89. That gives him almost two years of improving and getting stronger. In that Annual #1 picture I had hidden, it even proves it by saying he had more to mature into.

So in conclusion, are the two feats stacked together outliers against how much he can lift? Maybe, I'm honestly not sure.
This is now in my top ten posts

When I eventually ditch this popsicle stand one day this is one of the things that’ll stick with me forever

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hold on, I'ma just make a whole new topic, i just read rules, i could do that

I don't want to take this whole Social thread discussing. cause i got to give reasonings for me choices, yes

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hero Will Happen Next Week

If he Doesn't Show up This Next Week, quote me on this

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think a tribute to Stan Lee should also be done at Comic-Con this year. Its only fair since if not for him there never would had been any Marvel nor the MCU.

Superman and his creator(s) may had started the superhero genre but its no doubt Stan Lee stands out as the most recognizable comic book creator of all time alongside Jack Kirby.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Hero will happen tomorrow, I swear!

Tomorrow:

Hero will happen tomorrow, I swear! If I keep swearing it, it'll happen eventually. :nifty:
“H-Hero will arrive at midnight I swear it!”
Its the 18th. SDCC is today. What glorious news and announcements of MCU Phase 4 will be revealed?

If rumors are to be true Doctor Strange 2 should be next year. If so one of my most anticipated alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Fast and Furious 9 and Bloodshot (Which better be rated R. We need more R rated superhero films).
My Comic Con dream is for Marvel vs Capcom 4 to be announced and save the series.
Ha ha ha ha.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I wish that Tsareena got into Ultimate instead of Incineroar. Starters are overrated in my opinion, which is sad because Sceptile used to be my favorite Pokemon. But now I finally found a new favorite. Back on topic... when will Hero be released? I have a feeling he'll come in early August.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't worry guys I'm sure Hero will come tomorrow.
And if he isn't I'll post this the next day
and the next day
and the next day
and the next day

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and the next day
and the next day
and the next day
i was gonna post that picture where he talks about how many days its been but i genuniely forgot how many days its been since E3

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
and the next day
and the next day
and the next day
I feel like I should just post this in response.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wish that Tsareena got into Ultimate instead of Incineroar
Congratulations, you’ve been added to the list of people who don’t recognize the fact that Incineroar is awesome, and who’s opinions I need to “correct”.

We’ll be meeting shortly.

Back on topic... when will Hero be released? I have a feeling he'll come in early August.
It’s July or never

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So, between Hero’s four alts, Luminary, Erdrick, IV, and VIII, which is your favorite?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still don’t see hero this week, the splatfest is too important imo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Solo looks like and probably is the Aquaman of the group.

The laughingstock literally who that probably would sweep the floor with all of the other tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom