• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Some more Sword and shield footage:

Lapras is back, another point most likely towards the leak. Not that it needs it though. Nice to get a few more confirms though. Mawile is pretty cool to have too.
After finding out Pokémon have been cut from the game, I’m super glad to be reaffirmed that my boy Pikachu will return. I was really worried it would be cut from the final game. Good to know it’s still relevant and popular. I was having my doubts.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I've been pumping out Mario Maker stages, and most of them are...

Not gonna lie, some of them are... bad. Here, you guys be the judges of that.

KKK-F2W-32G

MDS-QSB-L7G

K9R-Q45-JRF

74C-44W-GGF

NB5-CYW-BMF

XDJ-9ML-X3G

P0L-0FG-2RG

P80-7VS-GLF

D

Deleted member

Know its a bit late for some of these responses but whatever.
Question is raichu the shadow hedgehog/vegeta version of pikachue?
(Dumb question)
Closest thing to a kind of rival for Pikachu would be kinda Meowth if we count the anime as he is the villains pet or most recently Mimikyu due to being a fairy/ghost that takes Pikachu appearance for jealously/popularity.
What the crap?! This is great!
It warms my heart that they keep making movies and tv shows of Lupin the 3rd. This one looks great. Wish Monkey Punch was still around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hot Take: Those visuals actually look really dang good.

I was on the fence about the graphics after the first trailer we got but they've really polished the look a ton in these past several months.
it looks literally the same

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
it looks literally the same
I'm taking about the bad background textures from the first trailer. They look a lot better now. I'm pretty sure they've been improving the lighting as well - I know from the GameXplain graphical analyses that they've been slowly improving their use of bloom.

Of course I'm on mobile right now and looking at it from a tiny screen.

StormC

Smash Hero
Is there a list from that leak of returning Pokemon in the Galar Dex? Can someone post it/PM it to me?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A cool crossover idea just came to me in my head earlier. I thought I'd share and see what you guys think.

Monsters vs. Aliens/How to Train Your Dragon crossover.

Months after Hiccup, Astrid and their children came to the hidden world to see Toothless and his family again. As it seems things are turning for the better for Berk to find some way for how humans and dragons can live in peace. Unfortunately for them Grimmel's remaining men had found the hidden world ambushing and raiding it. Many of the dragons including Toothless' family being among those killed. Fighting and escaping with the last breath of his life. Toothless soon finds himself lost with no way of knowing where Hiccup and his tribe are filled with despair with what he's lost. Traveling far up north Toothless eventually succumbs to the cold...

One thousand years later in the present day. Toothless is found frozen in ice by scientists north of Norway. Under U.S. government orders. His frozen body is taken to none other then Area 51 where he's unfrozen finding himself lost in time in his own world no longer the one he had known and everyone including Hiccup long dead. As it seems despair keeps continuing the seemingly hopeless Night Fury gains new hope in his new life when he meets new friends going under training by the man in charge of the facility (General W.R. Monger) as an eventual monster agent. Those he meets are a lovable but dumb blob (B.O.B.), a fish-ape creature who was frozen just like he was but older (Missing Link), a brilliant but mad scientist with a cockroach head (Dr. Cockroach), a 350 foot tall mutated grub (Butterflyosaurus) and an seemingly normal looking but giant woman (Susan Murphy/Ginormica).

For Toothless. This was the start of a new happy hopeful life.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A cool crossover idea just came to me in my head earlier. I thought I'd share and see what you guys think.

Months after Hiccup, Astrid and their children came to the hidden world to see Toothless and his family again. As it seems things are turning for the better for Berk to find some way for how humans and dragons can live in peace. Unfortunately for them Grimmel's remaining men had found the hidden world ambushing and raiding it. Many of the dragons including Toothless' family being among those killed. Fighting and escaping with the last breath of his life. Toothless soon finds himself lost with no way of knowing where Hiccup and his tribe are filled with despair with what he's lost. Traveling far up north Toothless eventually succumbs to the cold...

One thousand years later in the present day. Toothless is found frozen in ice by scientists north of Norway. Under U.S. government orders. His frozen body is taken to none other then Area 51 where he's unfrozen finding himself lost in time in his own world no longer the one he had known and everyone including Hiccup long dead. As it seems despair keeps continuing the seemingly hopeless Night Fury gains new hope in his new life when he meets new friends going under training by the man in charge of the facility (General W.R. Monger) as an eventual monster agent. Those he meets are a lovable but dumb blob (B.O.B.), a fish-ape creature who was frozen just like he was but older (Missing Link), a brilliant but mad scientist with a cockroach head (Dr. Cockroach), a 350 foot tall mutated grub (Butterflyosaurus) and an seemingly normal looking but giant woman (Susan Murphy/Ginormica).

For Toothless. This was the start of a new start of a happy hopeful life.
Interesting. Could be cool. If people actually liked Monsters vs. Aliens.

Noipoi

Howdy!

For Toothless. This was the start of a new start of a happy hopeful life.
You just gonna do my boy Toothless like that huh?

It really do be like that sometimes :drsad:
Thanks. Is this list comprehensive or do we just not know at this point?
It’s just the ones we know up to this point. We’ll probably only know the full roster once the game is out.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's a pretty standard list but it's good to see the Hitmons, they haven't been in a dex since Johto. And I definitely want to use Seismitoad for the first time but freaking A, GameFreak, give him a physical Water move worth a damn.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You just gonna do my boy Toothless like that huh?

It really do be like that sometimes :drsad:
I kinda had a feeling you'd feel this way. The idea of the concept and theme I had here was a Vs. self/Vs. society thing going for it otherwise I could had well maybe had the Light Fury and his children at least joining him in being frozen to the present.

Plus what might come with loss is new hope as you saw in the summary he makes new friends who'd he eventually view as his new family (B.O.B, Missing Link, Dr. Cockroach, Butterflyosaurus and Susan Murphy/Ginormica). I can only imagine Link relating to Toothless due to both having came from the past but different time periods and Dr. Cockroach being fascinated over the fact dragons are actually real wanting to study Toothless as much as possible much to the others dismay and Susan Murphy/Ginormica showing sympathy towards Toothless how he feels lost in his own world and accepting the fact Hiccup is long gone but tells him he has new friends here that cares for him such as herself though she and the others understands they'll probably never replace Hiccup and his family.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Some more Sword and shield footage:

Lapras is back, another point most likely towards the leak. Not that it needs it though. Nice to get a few more confirms though. Mawile is pretty cool to have too.
I'm both happy and scared that Toxipex will be back. Happy because it's a pretty neat Pokémon, scared because Dynamax Toxipex will be the thing of nightmares.

It's a pretty standard list but it's good to see the Hitmons, they haven't been in a dex since Johto. And I definitely want to use Seismitoad for the first time but freaking A, GameFreak, give him a physical Water move worth a damn.
The fact that Seismitoad still can't learn Waterfall is baffling to me. Almost every other physical water type has it, there's really no excuse why it can't get it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They should give it Liquidation

I kinda had a feeling you'd feel this way. The idea of the concept and theme I had here was a Vs. self/Vs. society thing going for it otherwise I could had well maybe had the Light Fury and his children at least joining him in being frozen to the present.

Plus what might come with loss is new hope as you saw in the summary he makes new friends who'd he eventually view as his new family (B.O.B, Missing Link, Dr. Cockroach, Butterflyosaurus and Susan Murphy/Ginormica). I can only imagine Link relating to Toothless due to both having came from the past but different time periods and Dr. Cockroach being fascinated over the fact dragons are actually real wanting to study Toothless as much as possible much to the others dismay and Susan Murphy/Ginormica showing sympathy towards Toothless how he feels lost in his own world and accepting the fact Hiccup is long gone but tells him he has new friends here that cares for him such as herself though she and the others understands they'll probably never replace Hiccup and his family.
Nah I’m just givin you crap, it was a good idea.

StormC

Smash Hero
When you guys do a Pokemon playthrough do you plan your teams or make it up as you go?

Half of the fun for me is starting a game knowing exactly what Pokemon I want and what moves I'll give them. I really enjoy teambuilding, planning and organizing. I don't like catching a Pokemon knowing I might dump it two gyms later, wasting all that time and EXP on it. Sometimes though if it seems unfeasible I'll change plans midway; in White 2 I originally was gonna raise a Vespiquen but I got fed up trying to catch a female Combee and settled for Pinsir instead, which worked out fine cuz he was strong as hell.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So yeah, there's definitely good evidence that we might be finally able to play as the Hero next week mainly:

-A private video on the Smash section of Nintendo's Youtube
-Japanese Summer vacation starting Monday.
-That EVO Patch deadline on July 17th.
-The next wave of amiibo is on July 19th for Japan and Europe and the game probably needs an update anyway to add support for those amiibo.

So yeah somewhere from July 12th-19th should be when Hero drops.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
When you guys do a Pokemon playthrough do you plan your teams or make it up as you go?

Half of the fun for me is starting a game knowing exactly what Pokemon I want and what moves I'll give them. I really enjoy teambuilding, planning and organizing. I don't like catching a Pokemon knowing I might dump it two gyms later, wasting all that time and EXP on it. Sometimes though if it seems unfeasible I'll change plans midway; in White 2 I originally was gonna raise a Vespiquen but I got fed up trying to catch a female Combee and settled for Pinsir instead, which worked out fine cuz he was strong as hell.
I usually plan them out, but sometimes the team plan changes halfway through the game depending on certain things.

In Sun and Moon I really wanted to use Tapu Lele because I love its design. Oh wait, it’s post game only. Guess I’ll use Ninetales instead.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The official Three Houses English site is up now. We've got (some of the) translated bios and voice clips.

Also the four Black Eagles characters they highlighted are literally my four favorites lol.

StormC

Smash Hero
I usually plan them out, but sometimes the team plan changes halfway through the game depending on certain things.

In Sun and Moon I really wanted to use Tapu Lele because I love its design. Oh wait, it’s post game only. Guess I’ll use Ninetales instead.
My rule of thumb is I tend to like being able to catch at least 4 of my Pokemon by the halfway point. Very rarely will I bother with a Pokemon that's only available like, after the 7th gym. I'm planning one last run through Platinum in anticipation of DP remakes and most of my team will be available by the fourth badge; after that it's just Lucario and Froslass.

Can you get to Iron Island before you fight Byron? Or do you have to beat him first? I forget lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My rule of thumb is I tend to like being able to catch at least 4 of my Pokemon by the halfway point. Very rarely will I bother with a Pokemon that's only available like, after the 7th gym. I'm planning one last run through Platinum in anticipation of DP remakes and most of my team will be available by the fourth badge; after that it's just Lucario and Froslass.

Can you get to Iron Island before you fight Byron? Or do you have to beat him first? I forget lol.
Yeah, you can go there before the gym. That’s where most people grind before the gym.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The official Three Houses English site is up now. We've got (some of the) translated bios and voice clips.

Also the four Black Eagles characters they highlighted are literally my four favorites lol.
Wreck it Raphael is bro tier holy ****

I can’t get it day of, and I’m not a huge FE guy so it’s not like I’m gonna scramble to get it, but it looks decently fun. If I can I think I’ll pick it up.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
What do you guys think of my process of elimination theory for the last 2 DLC fighters?

-If any game franchise currently has an upcoming title but is *not* revealed for Smash to cross-promote it, chances are they ain’t in.

Ex: :ulthero: was revealed before promoting EoaEA for Switch.

New franchises that currently don’t have a new upcoming game are exceptions. (:ultjoker:/:ultbanjokazooie:)

You don’t have to agree with me, I just think it’s possible thus making speculation a bit easier.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I am going to make everyone mad in
KFC > MCdonalds
As a resident of Kentucky... Please take the actual worst place to get chicken in the state, so it can stop being the only thing associated with my state. When I was abroad it was always the one thing people would recognize when I said I was from here and become a focal point for them in some weird way... Yeah, my state is known for probably three things: Bourbon, KFC, and Horse Racing... I only have any amount of respect for one of those things....

I'll give you a hint; it's the one that lets me forget what an awful state I live in from time to time.

Also, KFC in Russia >>>>>>>>> KFC in the United States. It's the ****ing weirdest disparity in quality I've ever seen in the weirdest place for this specific chain.

Pretty much my only rule for when I tackle a new Pokemon game is try to focus on new Pokemon as much as possible. If I'm playing a remake or something of the sort, it becomes just focus on whatever is specifically new to that region as well. So I'll go through several iterations of teams along the way as I try out the new Pokemon. Part of the fun of the series to me has always been discovering the new Pokemon, their abilities, and viability for my specific teams. Sure, I'll waste a decent amount of time training up less amazing ones and then having to train my "real" main team so to speak by the end of it, but it's part of the process. I like being flexible along the way and it's always cool to have new Pokemon take you by surprise. I've also found that if I plan ahead, I tend to just follow what other people say way too much and not experiment as much as I should/usually like to.

And that's why Dexit isn't a super huge issue to me either. I did want to see a lot of Pokemon in proper HD, but I was going to always going to stick to the new and original Pokemon in Sword and Shield. Which, I really hope cut Pokemon means they add in like a proper 100 new ones. Johto has been difficult to make a team I like with this sort of guideline, and I'm super concerned about what I'm going to do when I get to XY and Sun/Moon down the line with their limited additions. Fewer new Pokemon is kind of a burden when I want to make a team of just them. Like in Soulsilver, it's really hard to justify not just going with Lapras or Gyarados as your main water Pokemon with how great and versatile they are, but I'm sticking to my Quagsire commitment.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
What day of the week did Joker drop again?
Both :ultpiranha: & :ultjoker: released on Wednesdays; the former on January 10th, the latter on April 17th. If my current "Wednesday theory" is correct (formerly Thursday Theory), then we'll possibly see :ulthero: drop on the 17th of this month, and :ultbanjokazooie: on another Wednesday in September.

In other news, running scripts through Google Translate is one of the best ways to kill your time. If you're bored, copy and paste away, I ain't gonna stop you from having a good laugh.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
What do you guys think of my process of elimination theory for the last 2 DLC fighters?

-If any game franchise currently has an upcoming title but is *not* revealed for Smash to cross-promote it, chances are they ain’t in.

Ex: :ulthero: was revealed before promoting EoaEA for Switch.

New franchises that currently don’t have a new upcoming game are exceptions. (:ultjoker:/:ultbanjokazooie:)

You don’t have to agree with me, I just think it’s possible thus making speculation a bit easier.
A reasonable conclusion for sure. It makes sense to think that way.

It just seems silly when there are more exceptions than examples. :upsidedown:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1562907932244.png

the mario models from the N64 eras are so ****ing funny

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
On the Pokemon front. Really happy to see Lapras there just because Lapras is one of the few Generation 1 Pokemon I still have a genuinely large affection for. My penchant for choosing Water type starters often means I don't use Lapras too often, but it's one of the main Gen 1 Pokemon I still really enjoy and haven't been burnt out on from way too much focus on Gen 1 (alongside the starters, legendaries, the Dratini line, Eevee line, Snorlax, and the Abra line. All the other Gen 1 Pokemon I really enjoy are only because they got such great later evolutions like Crobat, Scizor, and Steelix).

I'm also a huge fan of Ice types and Glalie has always had a special place in my heart since Ash had his in the Hoenn league ages ago, so I'm so happy to see Glalie front and center for the new games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom