• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The idea of Nintendo and Sakurai picking characters only based on the colours is just silly to me.

It even reminds me of Freezer’s plan in DB:Super Broly (which I won’t spoil just so the people who haven’t seen the movie get to react to it without the surprise ruined).
i'm not sure anyone's actually seriously humouring colour theory

at most it's just 'haha phoenix/artorias are blue guys' jokes

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IMO, Color Theory could be right on the premise that Sakurai picked certain characters and they happened to line up with the colors people talk about.

Not that Sakurai picked characters to correlate with each one because that's plain silly. What i'm saying is that it could have been a coincidence and after the selection was made, Sakurai could have assigned them to a different color based on what they're associated with.

Iridium

Smash Hero
IMO, Color Theory could be right on the premise that Sakurai picked certain characters and they happened to line up with the colors people talk about.

Not that Sakurai picked characters to correlate with each one because that's plain silly. What i'm saying is that it could have been a coincidence and after the selection was made, Sakurai could have assigned them to a different color based on what they're associated with.
I only see the colors as a coincidence, so I agree. Hopefully, not many people outside of here are taking this seriously, or we'll have had a sequel to the Chair Theory.

so yo, if AC: New Horizons has new hair styles, what do you think they should add?
No hair.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I'm not sure if I've shared with you guys at all.

But I'm really ****ing psyched for Panzer Dragoon making a comeback.

That is all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

That is all.
I dream the day I can say the same but with "Panzer Dragoon" replaced with "Darkstalkers".

Darkstalkers aren't dead, right?......Right?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

That is all.
I'll have you know that you were like the first person I thought of when that popped up in the direct.

Same goes for the RE ports, of course.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll have you know, you were like the first person I thought of when that popped up in the direct.

Same goes for the RE ports.
I wish I were present to enjoy the conferences with everyone else. It was so much fun last year essentially live reacting with everyone else.

There's so much I'm excited about. Gears looks amazing. Panzer Dragoon is coming back. PSO2 is FINALLY coming west. The Avengers and UMA3 games look awesome. The Star Wars game looks great. Halo looks good again. And I'm surprised by just how much I liked the Hero. It's like a conglomeration of Link, Robin and Shulk.

Oh and Banjo was hype as ****. And I get RE5 Mercenaries on the go. I'm gonna abuse that.

D

Deleted member

Imagine showing me all of these during February of 2019:

EBA55B88-16F3-4B39-BC4A-E003DF17D049.jpeg

E516DD44-AE5B-4E51-8C52-5AF6D6F466B0.jpeg

82250AAF-A7D9-4AE7-A550-8C4A700E1B44.jpeg

Doh I fear that my depression and lack of faith about my life back then would have made me stay in denial.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Gonna be real. A lot of these points would support any big time IP currently not in Smash.

For example, being popular in East & West applies to a good number of different series. Stage potential and music do as well. Other series are also getting ports to Switch.

Banjo-Kazooie getting in by no means insinuates that western picks are more likely than at any previous point. I realize that I have downplayed western characters in the past, but I firmly believe Banjo-Kazooie is a product of circumstance, and should be seen as more an exception than the norm.

With Crash returning after forever, i’m not sure how that translates to getting into Smash.

Not to mention, who wouldn’t want their character in Smash?

Basically a lot of these could apply to pretty much any character, not Crash exclusively. I’m not even saying he shouldn’t be in Smash, but moreso that some of these points support several picks.
As much as I'd love Crash being in Smash, being my number two to Banjo & Kazooie, the story behind how Banjo & Kazooie happened and how it worked does make me skeptical about other Western companies coming in. Trinen mentioned how there was always conversations if Banjo should be a part of Smash, and he says he doesn't know if it was Phil Spencer's tweet, or a push from Sakurai. Added to that Sakurai saying he was worried about working with a Western composer overseas for the first time (but said he did an excellent job nevertheless), so it may lend credence to their being logistical issues with working with IP overseas.

Still, if there was another Western IP, I feel Crash is at the top of the list. I'd love it, and I feel like Crash would be a good character to "top" Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, while the latter are Nintendo icons, Crash is considered among the top gaming icons, being a former Playstation mascot. And while any character can be made a Smash character (e.g., plant), I think Crash's potential moveset fits Smash in the same way Banjo & Kazooie does, having sprung from the platforming genre.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I probably missed the conversation, but did we ever touch on why DK, Diddy and K. Rool are just hanging out in DK's house like they're buddies?

D

Deleted member

I just realized how much I relate myself back on the past months with Hawkeye at the start of Endgame.

So I probably missed the conversation, but did we ever touch on why DK, Diddy and K. Rool are just hanging out in DK's house like they're buddies?
I bet on a Dragon Ball Super deal regarding that.

After the epic fight at the end of K.Rool’s trailer, they just decided to live together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
because joker stole k. rool's heart at the end of joker's trailer and so k. rool's had a change of heart

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Just wait til we see Samus chillin with Ridley in the Sylux reveal trailer

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind while watching K.Rool at the start of Banjo’s trailer was Beerus with Goku and Vegeta.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This is Nintendo we're talking about

Aside the ones from their franchises skewered towards a slightly older audience like Ganondorf and Ridley, a lot of their antagonists are very whack with their morality

One moment Bowser's stealing peach for the billionth time, and the next he's go-karting with her and the rest of the Mario crew.

The ones from Kirby in particular, are pretty guilty of this. So much so, I'd label Dedede and Meta Knight moreseo as anti-heroes if anything

Idk, Nintendo doesn't really seem to be a fan of completely evil antagonists

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Been playing online doubles with my brother lately and it’s so much fun, much better than online single matches!

You don’t have to worry about rank or elite smash, you got someone to talk to while you play, and you get to experience all these new cheesy doubles stats.

I’m so glad Smash bros can be played so many different ways.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You try finding a home in the current state of banana inflation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, when the official reveal video title is that they're Rivals...

Other than that, King K. Rool can have standards, if the DKC show taught me anything.

Also, cause they fought each other so hard Diddy had to drag them into the treehouse.

D

Deleted member

Well, when the official reveal video title is that they're Rivals...

Other than that, King K. Rool can have standards, if the DKC show taught me anything.

Also, cause they fought each other so hard Diddy had to drag them into the treehouse.
I'll just let my Dragon Ball Super comparison be my head canon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You try finding a home in the current state of banana inflation.
after the banana crisis in 2008 k. rool's been basically homeless after super sluggers couldnt pay the bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom