• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’m going to take a guess here and say the Pokémon that are removed are t going to be that complained about by release.

My guess is every legendary and ultra beast are gone. As well as Megas and alolan forms. By game freak standards that’s 80 something Pokémon gone right there.

I think anything that’s not in those categories and was big in vcg is safe. Fan favorites and shill moms are also safe.

I honestly think cut Pokémon is going to come down to ones that no paid attention to.

Like chimecho, probably gone.

Patrat? Probably out of here.

Basculin he’s out.

I think our final number will be 600 or more returning Pokémon. Which wouldn’t be that bad when there’s 200 new Pokémon in this dex if we are gonna reach 1000 like Masuda day. Which does include alternate forms.

I think most Pokémon are still going to make it. We’ve seen 370 returning Pokémon now I think(I have to rewatch that GX video”. We know the new Pokémon make up at least 196 more. That’s 400 to 500 more Pokémon right there. If all legends and alternate forms from past games are gone, then that’s almost another 100 out of the way.

That leaves the dex at roughy 500/700 Pokémon available at least imo.

We’ll see but I think this could be a decent thought process by GF.
There aren't going to be 196 new Pokémon. The 1000+ thing includes Formes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Dude later posted he was joking so I wouldn't take him seriously.
he's referring to his 'Fighter Pass character is ███████' tweet, not the leaks themselves

he's saying he doesn't know the identity as his joke tweet would suggest, only what his source has told him

D

Deleted member

Dunno if you are showing disgust for Bayformers or G1 (I like both designs so it really doesn't matter which they use to promote)

Dude later posted he was joking so I wouldn't take him seriously.
I wish they switched the designs (G1 Optimus and Bayformers Bumblebee instead of G1 Bumblebee and Bayformers Optimus).

I actually like the design of Bumblebee in the Bay movies, and the recent movie for the character made it even better.

D

Deleted member

Wait what

Link to tweet?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pretty much the posts of the guy has been him speculating.
he's referring to his 'Fighter Pass character is ███████' tweet, not the leaks themselves

he's saying he doesn't know the identity as his joke tweet would suggest, only what his source has told him
Seems like a jest to me in general honestly. I wouldn't doubt a female character coming but this guy posts seem to be just pulling our legs.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Pretty much the posts of the guy has been him speculating.

Seems like a jest to me in general honestly. I wouldn't doubt a female character coming but this guy posts seem to be just pulling our legs.
he's replying directly to that tweet though

if he was saying 'haha i don't actually know anything', i don't think it'd be a reply to anything

it also doesn't account for him correctly leaking smash VR and no female DQ alts

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aight so DQ fam I got a question for y’all

DQ I-VI and VIII are on the App Store. I already own VIII just been too lazy to play it and I wanna know which of I-VI do y’all recommend most? IV and V seem to interest me the most so far

if he was saying 'haha i don't actually know anything', i don't think it'd be a reply to anything

it also doesn't account for him correctly leaking smash VR and no female DQ alts
^ this

And I still think Mr. H is Harada

clap clap LET’S GO KOS-MOS LET’S GO clap clap

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DQ I-VI and VIII are on the App Store. I already own VIII just been too lazy to play it and I wanna know which of I-VI do y’all recommend most? IV and V seem to interest me the most so far
Try III and V.

Choosing V is also a neat idea with the animated movie adaptation coming soon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So this fighting game-like female character may be legit and all, but I'd still take some serious caution here

People have gotten stuff right before, and snuck in a couple false things into the mix just to mess with people.

Loz18 is a prime example of this, and heck, even the ESRB leak had some bogus stuff regarding dlc characters.

I'm not saying this one is completely fake, but I'd at least take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So this fighting game-like female character may be legit and all, but I'd still take some serious caution here

People have gotten stuff right before, and snuck in a couple false things into the mix just to mess with people.

Loz18 is a prime example of this, and heck, even the ESRB leak had some bogus stuff regarding dlc characters.

I'm not saying this one is completely fake, but I'd at least take it with a grain of salt
sorry ramen but i can't hear you over kasumi time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone who used to find Shadow as a lock for base game, I completely agree with this sentiment.

D

Deleted member

You just made
a GRAVE mistake
If it helps, Crash was completely gone from Activision’s marketing for years before the announcement of N.Sane Trilogy.
Things will go better with LPS when they announce a new show or line, don’t worry.

*ejem*

D

Deleted member

^ this

And I still think Mr. H is Harada

clap clap LET’S GO KOS-MOS LET’S GO clap clap
IV and V are good points of entry alongside VIII and XI.

Seems strange but whatever, I was expecting a female pick anyways so its good for me. At this point any newcomer that I like is just the cherry on the cake.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think I’ll start with one half of 8 which is 4

Currently cheaper, and it gives me a SaGa/Octopath Traveler vibe with the separate stories thing and I really wanna play Octopath some day

just hope mom doesn’t kill me for spending even tho I got some cash for my birthday lmao

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Tbh, Crash doesn’t need any fan theory to feel likely right now.

There are actual legit strong points that give those vibes instead:
>Activision wants him in
>Popular both in the West and Japan
>Currently a flagship Activision property due to how great it sells
>Has a good chunk of cool titles on Nintendo systems
>Returned forever around 2017 (same year DQXI released)
>West picks are now highly likely
>Nintendo considers Crash an icon
>The current relationship between Activision and Nintendo is wonderful
>He and Spyro are getting all of their new games on Switch
>Moveset potential
>Cool music to bring in
>Stage potential like the Time Twister from Warped
>Crash vs Sonic vs Mario

If he only had the fan theories, he wouldn’t be so likely in my eyes.
Gonna be real. A lot of these points would support any big time IP currently not in Smash.

For example, being popular in East & West applies to a good number of different series. Stage potential and music do as well. Other series are also getting ports to Switch.

Banjo-Kazooie getting in by no means insinuates that western picks are more likely than at any previous point. I realize that I have downplayed western characters in the past, but I firmly believe Banjo-Kazooie is a product of circumstance, and should be seen as more an exception than the norm.

With Crash returning after forever, i’m not sure how that translates to getting into Smash.

Not to mention, who wouldn’t want their character in Smash?

Basically a lot of these could apply to pretty much any character, not Crash exclusively. I’m not even saying he shouldn’t be in Smash, but moreso that some of these points support several picks.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be real. A lot of these points would support any big time IP currently not in Smash.

For example, being popular in East & West applies to a good number of different series. Stage potential and music do as well. Other series are also getting ports to Switch.

Banjo-Kazooie getting in by no means insinuates that western picks are more likely than at any previous point. I realize that I have downplayed western characters in the past, but I firmly believe Banjo-Kazooie is a product of circumstance, and should be seen as more an exception than the norm.

With Crash returning after forever, i’m not sure how that translates to getting into Smash.

Not to mention, who wouldn’t want their character in Smash?

Basically a lot of these could apply to pretty much any character, not Crash exclusively. I’m not even saying he shouldn’t be in Smash, but moreso that some of these points support several picks.
Yup.

My point was mostly that there are better arguments than colour theory.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

If he's willling to troll everyone with the fighters pass character then there's a likely possibility his previous stuff were just wild guesses and he's banking off it. His leak is so extremely vague "haha it was a female fighting game character but not really it can also be from a not fighting game since my friend didn't know who she is and assumed she's from a fighting game" that it might as well be worthless.

D

Deleted member

Who in the world designed that one challenge where you have to beat 100 man Smash with Ken, but you can only use special moves? That was the most aggravating thing in Ultimate so far, especially since items and floor attacks count against you, so God forbid you accidentally hit a POW block that suddenly spawned in when you're in the middle of a Shoryuken. And even more irritating is that non Mii CPUs can pick up items, and heaven forbid they drop it on the battlefield, because one hit and it's back to the beginning.

Ugh, it took me hours to complete that. Especially since Shulk and Chrom spawned in in several of the games, so I had nothing to do against their range and (mainly Buster Shulk's) damage output.

Just ugh.
Dude, just follow the flow chart

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Finally fully caught up on the thread and with E3 no longer around the corner, I can see it staying that way. Figured I'd post my thoughts on what's been discussed here lately, starting with E3. After making this entire post, I've decided to put everything in spoilers so I don't take up so much of the page~

I only bothered watching Nintendo's E3 this year. I own an Xbox One but I got it as an impulse purchase since it was on sale for like $200 and came with any $20 game of my choice for free. Got Rare Replay since my fiancee was coming down and I wanted her to try out Conker. Point is, I own an Xbone but don't care much for whatever gets put on it.

As for Nintendo's E3, I'll save my thoughts on the Smash reveals for a separate paragraph but going down the list of games shown:
- I have interest in Dragon Quest 11 purely due to Hero being in Smash.
- Link's Awakening Remake I'm probably getting since I enjoyed the original though I played it not even too long ago so might wait for a price drop or Christmas.
- Seeing Witcher 3 again reminded me I should get it although I'll likely get it on PC.
- Three Houses was shown again which just reminds me that I'm spending money next month for a game I won't even play until I stomach through Fates Revelations and Shadows of Valentia. I honestly haven't even been paying much attention to the trailers for the game since I'm getting it regardless.
- Daemon X Machina was shown again and just like every time it's shown, I was left wondering, what's this game about? What's the story, who are the characters, what's the world like? Maybe it's just my terrible memory but I swear every trailer for this game has just been guy in robot mech suit thing shooting stuff and that's all they've been trying to sell the game on. If it was shown at Treehouse, I didn't watch it since I was at work and I just haven't cared enough to go back and check.
- Panzer Dragoon looks neat. Reminds me of Starfox before Starfox became nothing more than that series that Nintendo puts into Smash and uses to try and justify their ridiculous hardware.
- Cadence of Hyrule looks neat. I'll get around to buying it when I can comfortably spend money again. Not even sure if I'll be good at it since I'm terrible at rhythm games and the game makes some use of the music but it's a Zelda game so getting it anyway.
- Looking forward to Animal Crossing although I was sad not seeing Isabelle. I lost interest in the Animal Crossing series after City Folk and only got New Leaf many years after it came out purely because of how much I like Isabelle. Later got told that she is in the game but you have to earn having her appear and that's fine by me. My fiancee has been going through an emotional rollercoaster over the game from being happy that it has a name, release date and we have info on it to being upset over the auto saving and lack of time travel to happy again because she's so eager to play a new Animal Crossing.
- Spyro Reignited would've been cool if I hadn't already gotten it on Xbone. Really wish Nintendo would stop getting interesting titles way after Xbone and Playstation do. I get the difference in hardware but it makes it difficult to justify waiting for it to come to Switch when you can just get it earlier, somewhere else. Portability doesn't mean anything to me since the Switch is too valuable for me to justify taking it out of the house and risk it getting damaged or stolen.
- Super Lucky's Tale or whatever it was called looks interesting and actually reminds me I gotta get around to buying A Hat in Time at some point.
- BotW2 trailer was neat to see. I miss Zelda's long hair but that's just a nitpick. Can't say much more since hardly anything was shown.
- Anything I didn't mention just means I didn't care about it.

As for the Smash DLC, I've never played Dragon Quest and therefore have no opinion on the character outside of the gameplay shown. I'm not one for complicated characters so the whole numerous spells thing might turn me away but I'll give him a try regardless. I like Link and he has some of Link's qualities so that could be a plus. The stage just looked like FD and I've never heard DQ music before so here's hoping it's good and we get lots of it. Banjo I at least recognize since I played Kazooie and Nuts n Bolts. Mostly looking forward to the music. People were also rating the DLC characters from 1 to 10 so here's mine. Joker 2/10. Never played Persona 5, don't care for his playstyle and fighting against Arsene is an absolute pain in the rear. Mementos is pretty and alright to play on and the main thing keeping Joker out of a 1 rating is the amazing music. Could probably bump it up to a 3 but meh, I hardly care. Hero is currently a 5/10. Complete indifference until they release with worries of them being complicated and therefore not fun and yet hopes for a good stage and amazing music. Banjo Kazooie 6/10. Again, complete indifference except I'm looking forward to the music for sure.

As for Pokemon, I stopped being a fan of the series after gen 6 completely disappointed me and playing Sun didn't bring back my interest for the series so Sword and Shield could've been the best Pokemon games ever made and I still wouldn't get them. Regardless, I can give my own opinion on the whole national dex thing. I was never one to transfer my Pokemon from game to game. I don't play competitively and even if I did, Smogon is just a much more convenient alternative and while there are Pokemon I still love, if I ever want to use them again, I can just go back to one of the older games I like that has them. It's not like the national dex was a perfect answer to getting what Pokemon you wanted anyways. For example, in the Johto games, if I want a Jolteon, I have to wait all the way until I get access to Celadon since there's no Thunderstones in Johto. As for the impact on the competitive scene, it can't be called better or worse until we know exactly what Pokemon are missing. I could take 8 characters out of Smash 4 and tell you it's better balanced for it but what if I just take the 8 worst characters out? The meta wouldn't even change. On the other hand, I could take out the OG 8 and it'd barely affect the balance. Mario, Fox and Pikachu would be gone but the other missing characters would just serve to provide less options to players. For Pokemon, less options can be better or worse for competitive play. A lot of Pokemon are made obsolete by being too easy to counter or having superior mons that do the same job as them. More mons means more potential counters or options for any given role but it also means more chances for over centralizing Pokemon like Landorus Therian. As for the graphics, I'm not a fan of the modern Pokemon look anyway. Before, you could blame it on the 3DS and its limitations but with LGPE and SwSh, I can say without a doubt that I'm not a fan and I'd rather they go back to how gen 5 was handled with moving sprites. As for them patching stuff in, I'd say it's best to take a neutral stance on the matter. Gamefreak to my knowledge hasn't bothered to patch anything but bug fixes but at the same time, the 3DS was limiting when it came to patches and everything before that couldn't be patched. They COULD listen to feedback and patch the game or they could pretend to wipe their tears with all the money the games are going to make regardless and just continue to do whatever they want with the series. That's ultimately what matters to them at the end of the day is the money. Not to say the company is soulless but that they are indeed a company and Pokemon is popular enough that the games sell off brand name alone, with people 100% guaranteed to buy the games regardless of their actual quality, purely because it's Pokemon. Same thing with me and Fire Emblem, Kirby, Zelda, Dragon Age and to a lesser extent Yoshi and Starfox.
And this last bit isn't big enough to warrant a spoiler~

Got no comment on the theories since most of them are silly anyways and I took that test Hat N Clogs posted a bit back and I got an 'unclear' result. Guessing I didn't click enough of the far left or right options for it to tell too well.

D

Deleted member

The idea of Nintendo and Sakurai picking characters only based on the colours is just silly to me.

It even reminds me of Freezer’s plan in DB:Super Broly (which I won’t spoil just so the people who haven’t seen the movie get to react to it without the surprise ruined).

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I decided to redeem my second Switch Voucher on this Yoshi’s Crafted World game.

Should be nice... especially considering the only Yoshi game I’ve played before is the original (mostly the GBA version but I have the original via SNES Classic).

As for Smash... well I’m gonna get Banjo to Elite Smash when he releases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom