• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
E3 was a couple days ago, but man, it's still pretty hard for me to fathom the fact that after all these years, Banjo's actually getting in...

I swear whenever I rewatch the trailer, I get a sense of disbelief and have to remind myself that this indeed is the reality we live in.
Bruh...

As a lifelong fan of Banjo, I have to keep reminding myself that this is indeed the reality I live in. The Melee days of me dreaming of what it would be like if K. Rool and Banjo were in Smash finally come full circle with them in the game.

Ultimate is truly deserving of it's moniker.

D

Deleted member

Honest question, if I told you that Hello Kitty is just a little kid dressed up like a cat and not an actual cat, would that impact how much you want her in Smash?
GothFluttershy:

Last edited by a moderator:

StoneMask

Smash Cadet
Calling everyone who's upset "haters" just seems like an attempt to take a moral high ground.

Pokémon isn't entitled to high sales. If people are upset about a product, they have a right to voice their concerns. All the "but they tried REALLY hard" platitudes in the world won't change that if they're selling an inferior product, which in the eyes of many, they are.
Didn’t mean to take the moral high ground, sorry. Also didn’t mean to personally accuse anyone of being haters, just saying that they do exist out there, and that to let art affect their personal happiness is a mistake.
As far as ‘inferior product’ goes, it may very well be inferior to certain other great games, but that doesn’t mean it has to be disappointing or bad. Like, I’ll still enjoy the Beatles even though they are inferior to Led Zeppelin. And you are right about it not being entitled to high sales. I wouldn’t give a **** if it sold only one single copy. That would be my copy to appreciate and enjoy.

D

Deleted member

So when will the stock icons of hero and banjo be put in as emotes? Because you can get access to them.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
When you're the developer for the biggest media franchise in the world, there's a lot of high expectations that you shouldn't be missing.

D

Deleted member

E3 was a couple days ago, but man, it's still pretty hard for me to fathom the fact that after all these years, Banjo's actually getting in...

I swear whenever I rewatch the trailer, I get a sense of disbelief and have to remind myself that this indeed is the reality we live in.
With how faithfully they're created, to me it feels like they never left.

D

Deleted member

ok so i just searched it up and yeah, the "Hello Kitty is not a cat" thing was just a misunderstanding
she's an anthropomorphic cat, but a cat nonetheless

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
assuming namco/capcom reps are our last two fighter's pass characters, i'm going lloyd/phoenix wright for predictions, purely based off how both hero/banjo were fulfilling fan demand that can be seen reflected on japanese/western polls respectively

personally i'd prefer souls for a namco rep, but lloyd has been on sakurai's radar as early as his mii costume in smash 4, and wright places fairly consistently as the most popular capcom rep in polls

resident evil is possible due to how big it is to capcom, but if a franchise being big to a company was all that mattered, we'd have seen steve revealed on tuesday instead of banjo - resident evil characters, even when counted together, have rarely cracked the top 30 of popularity polls

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Really doubt the Mii Costume theory TBH. Sounds like a big reach to me.

And if that theory were true, wouldn't Konami be apart of that as well?

osby

Smash Obsessed
resident evil is possible due to how big it is to capcom, but if a franchise being big to a company was all that mattered, we'd have seen steve revealed on tuesday instead of banjo - resident evil characters, even when counted together, have rarely cracked the top 30 of popularity polls
Same can be said for any DQ Hero or Joker, tbh. Banjo-Kazooie doesn't mean suddenly only fan pool A-listers have a chance now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, her creator made it expressly clear in an interview or something that she wasn't a cat, but a third grade girl from London.
tbf she sai d"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl."

Which is such an lol responce. they never said she was in a cat suit. Basically, she is a little girl who is a cat. Shes as much of not a cat as Morgana is not a cat

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am still nuts over the fact that Eight, my most wanted besides Crash Bandicoot, got in at any form. I am excited for Banjo too since I want to get into the franchise... But Eight is who gets all of my hype right now.

And the F4 in UA3 was another wonderful reveal. Square’s Avengers looks promising, CTR NF releases this month and I’m excited, Godzilla 2 is finally out in Spain on the 21th and I’m seeing it with my friends and I’m also hyped for DQXIS and DQB2.

Overall: this E3 brought me they joy I really needed in my life.
I know that they are in the pass but have they shown the F4 yet or any other DLC characters?

D

Deleted member

I know that they are in the pass but have they shown the F4 yet or any other DLC characters?
Not yet.

Just three of the teams who are part of the Season Pass (X-Men, F4 and I think Marvel Knights).

The whole base roster was revealed doh, it is on the official site.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
tbf she sai d"Hello Kitty is not a cat. She's a cartoon character. She is a little girl."

Which is such an lol responce. they never said she was in a cat suit
Yeaaaaaaaah looking into it apparently the President of Sanrio said she's not a cat "like how Mickey isn't a mouse."

So I think the president just doesn't understand what anthropomorphism is lol.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
1560435031212.png

I found this on social media. I guess that Waluigi giving Daisy an invitation to Smash got a sequel.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Really doubt the Mii Costume theory TBH. Sounds like a big reach to me.

And if that theory were true, wouldn't Konami be apart of that as well?
1. Konami was completely absent from Smash 4, so they obviously don't have any Mii costumes cut from that game.

2. Konami was the only 3rd Party company to get a unique newcomer in the base roster.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But Konami didn’t have missing Mii costumes from the last game
Oh yeah I forgot that was the backbone of the theory lol.

Either way i'm doubtful. Namco Mii Costumes could always be sold on their own separate from a Challenger Pack. I expect Mii Costumes to not always correlate with the Challenger Pack's anyways.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not yet.

Just three of the teams who are part of the Season Pass (X-Men, F4 and I think Marvel Knights).

The whole base roster was revealed doh, it is on the official site.
I'm seriously hoping for Cyclops as DLC. Shadowcat or Emma Frost probably have no chance, but it's kinda weird missing must-have X-Men when you have freaking Psylocke.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Neither does Microsoft.

Either way i'm doubtful. Namco Mii Costumes could always be sold on their own separate from a Challenger Pack. I expect Mii Costumes to not always correlate with the Challenger Pack's anyways.
Yeah I have no real opinion on the theory, it just kind of depends whenever Hero is released if Mii costumes come with it. Even then it might not even mean anything.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeaaaaaaaah looking into it apparently the President of Sanrio said she's not a cat "like how Mickey isn't a mouse."

So I think the president just doesn't understand what anthropomorphism is lol.
It would be so so soo very strange if Hello Kitty was a human pfff Considering Hello Kittys boyfriend, Dear Daniel is a anthro cat as well

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Exactly. Which is why we’re getting a second Namco character to even things out, and then Crash Bandicoot.

D

Deleted member

I'm seriously hoping for Cyclops as DLC. Shadowcat or Emma Frost probably have no chance, but it's kinda weird having must-have X-Men when you have freaking Psylocke.
Outside of the F4, I would love to see my men Gambit and Cyclops. Gwenpool would be hype too.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Neither does Microsoft.
There were only 4 3rd Party companies (SEGA, Capcom, Square, Namco) that got costumes in Smash 4,

So even if the theory is correct, then there will still be one new company that gets Mii costumes.

And in this case, it would be Microsoft (assuming the theory is correct).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Exactly. Which is why we’re getting a second Namco character to even things out, and then Crash Bandicoot.
I don't think Crash is a lock by any means but I would be super hyped if he were in.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’d be more excited for crash if I liked the one crash game I tried, the first one.

I don’t like that too down perspective it does even running at the camera.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Crash would be cool

However, I feel like Banjo already kinda fills the same kinda niche that he does.

Ya know, the western 90's 3d platforming character

I just don't see 'em double dipping like that in the same pass

Tbh, I think Crash only has a shot if we get another fighter's pass (Which of course, probably won't happen).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Crash would be cool

However I feel like Banjo already kinda fills the same kinda niche that he does.

Tbh, I think Crash only has a shot if we get another fighter's pass (Which of course, probably won't happen).
They double dipped with Dragon Quest and Persona. And before you try to tell me how different the two series are, they are just as different from each other as Crash is from Banjo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’d be more excited for crash if I liked the one crash game I tried, the first one.

I don’t like that too down perspective it does even running at the camera.
Yeah, the 3D game I played was very difficult to control with that perspective. I was never a fan of that kind of design. It just leads to easy deaths.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Crash would be cool

However, I feel like Banjo already kinda fills the same kinda niche that he does.

Honestly don't think niches really come into play here.

In my eyes, if the character doesn't come from a company that already has a DLC rep, then they're fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom