• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Didn't expect much from Persona 5 Scramble, but ****, I hear my wallet screaming as this becomes another Day 1 purchase for me.

D

Deleted member

Another thing I want to mention about this 4chan fake leak is that it could be someone else impersonating the guy who leaked the codenames and the photo was also used in other threads And used it to make it look like him

it’s just like the female leak thinking it was tracer where it also said it will have a mech

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Who could possibly help me with a quick photoshop job( or I think it should be)? I need this image but without mario and samus:

Any help would be appreciated.
I lied, turns out I actually was able to do it on my phone, it's far from perfect though, for some reason the purple book bled into the sky a little and I couldn't fix it. But here it is:
PSX_20191024_001959.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's kind of weird that out of all of SEGA's characters to be in fighting games, not one of them was from Streets of Rage as far as I know anyhow.

Like, a new Virtua Fighter could just add Axel and Blaze to its roster and it'd fit in well enough with the rest. Maybe some Yakuza and Fighting Vipers characters too.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I lied, turns out I actually was able to do it on my phone, it's far from perfect though, for some reason the purple book bled into the sky a little and I couldn't fix it. But here it is:
View attachment 243277
Thank you! I’m working on an animation and needed the backdrop. This should work just fine! When I’m done I’ll try posting it here but it probably won’t be for a few days.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait. There’s a new leak.

And it’s already been disproved.

They come and go a mile a minute don’t they.
This one hasn’t been disproved.

Though it’s probably fake anyway; to be fair, the leak that claimed the “buddy” codename was in one of PapaGenos’s videos, so this “leaker” could’ve easily found it, grabbed the cat photo, and piggyback off it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
She was in the kyary pamyu pamyu Nintendo 3DS commercial from a while back:

So her not being here was probably not for that reason.
Woah, hold the **** up. We were busy ranting about Metroid but ****ing Donkey Kong isn't even in there... what the ****?
You know. I always wondered why metroid has such a small pull in Japan. Prime I can understand, FPS and all, but 2D metroid? They’re fine with other titles in the metroidvania genre, why the huge problem with Metroid?
Metroid is a Sci-Fi Space Horror MetroidVania that was heavily inspired by a Sci-Fi Space Horror Film Franchise so I guess that's just not their shindig? As far as I know the Alien franchise really isn't big over there and we're more inclined to enjoy Sci-Fi stuff because Star Wars and Star Trek has been ingrained into American DNA since the 60s.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It’s a hack and slash
AND a 2D platformer
AND it’s based on Persona 5
AND it’s portable

I’m gonna really like this game.

Now if only I could understand what they were saying. How long till the English version?

Also, was the yo-yo girl Kasumi or someone else?
this is set 5 years after p5 so she aint gonna be here

As for an english dub, I have no idea but I hope it is soon

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You know. I always wondered why metroid has such a small pull in Japan. Prime I can understand, FPS and all, but 2D metroid? They’re fine with other titles in the metroidvania genre, why the huge problem with Metroid?
It's very likely that it's because the grim sci fi setting that is typically found in Metroid games doesn't appeal that much to japanese gamers. I do remember speaking about this with one of my friends back then. Additionally, some acquaintances mentioned that brown colored characters like DK aren't liked that much.

Metroid is a Sci-Fi Space Horror MetroidVania that was heavily inspired by a Sci-Fi Space Horror Film Franchise so I guess that's just not their shindig? As far as I know the Alien franchise really isn't big over there and we're more inclined to enjoy Sci-Fi stuff because Star Wars and Star Trek has been ingrained into American DNA since the 60s.
I want to add that Star Wars is actually quite popular in Japan. I went to see Force Awakens on release day with a group of friends who were well versed in the original movies and the prequels. The theater was also jam packed that day.

Also, during New Year's Eve, a variety show is usually held in Tokyo and broadcasted across the country. In the 2015 show, Darth Vader and BB8 showed up. Also, this J-Pop boy band went on stage dressed as Jedis with lightsabers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, was the yo-yo girl Kasumi or someone else?
She's absolutely a brand new character. I think Futaba calls her Sophie (we don't have an official romanization). She's also 100% not human.

I liked her weapons a lot, btw. Cool yo-yos.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, wish I had known how to stream off my phone, did a rolling spree in my guilty pleasure mobile game

Got my waifu tho so all's good
Screenshot_20191023-211527_Fate_GO.jpg

D

Deleted member

This one hasn’t been disproved.

Though it’s probably fake anyway; to be fair, the leak that claimed the “buddy” codename was in one of PapaGenos’s videos, so this “leaker” could’ve easily found it, grabbed the cat photo, and piggyback off it.
it pretty much dose disprove

anyone can use that picture and claim they’re that leaker in 4chan

also 4chan is where most fake smash leaks originate from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I found an image that best describes why I'm always the support player in games like Overwatch, Paladins and TF2.

Because someone has to do it and no one else will.
Fortunately, Overwatch's Quickplay has role slots instead of picking any character, so I can just jump in on a game and play whoever I want to. It's honestly my most favorite feature.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Additionally, some acquaintances mentioned that brown colored characters like DK aren't liked that much.
This is always the kind of thing that I think of if people get upset when it's mentioned that Japan can be a pretty racist country/culture.

Like can you imagine the absolute ****storm if someone was like "oh yeah, Canada doesn't like brown characters."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** theres a lot of images on this page currently. I'd reccomend spoilering them before the site burns again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is always the kind of thing that I think of if people get upset when it's mentioned that Japan can be a pretty racist country/culture.

Like can you imagine the absolute ****storm if someone was like "oh yeah, Canada doesn't like brown characters."
Tmw Japan don’t like you cuz you’re a brown character

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It's kind of weird that out of all of SEGA's characters to be in fighting games, not one of them was from Streets of Rage as far as I know anyhow.

Like, a new Virtua Fighter could just add Axel and Blaze to its roster and it'd fit in well enough with the rest. Maybe some Yakuza and Fighting Vipers characters too.
Could just be sega not wanting to put dev time on crossover characters
Yakuza, SoR, Vipers,and Shenmue could all fit well in Virtua Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom