• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Smash and all, but I really want a traditional Ninty fighting game.

Like, out of all the first party franchise is Smash, only... Pokemon got one? Iirc?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What about Aquatic Ruin?
Never cared much for that zone, tbh.

It's nice how you can skip most, if not all of the water sections if you're skilled enough, but I never found the level design to be terribly interesting beyond that. The one thing that I'll give Sonic 4 some credit for is making it slightly more interesting with Sylvania Castle Zone.

D

Deleted member

Hey Noipoi Noipoi , do you play Fortnite?

Maybe I could add you to my friend list on that game and we could play together sometimes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Because Sega doesn’t want you to forget.

One of these days your sarcasm is gonna bite you in the ***.

And by sarcasm I mean me.

I will bite you in the ***.
You gotta take me out to dinner first.

Never cared much for that zone, tbh.

It's nice how you can skip most, if not all of the water sections if you're skilled enough, but I never found the level design to be terribly interesting beyond that. The one thing that I'll give Sonic 4 some credit for is making it slightly more interesting with Sylvania Castle Zone.
Fair enough, I mostly just like the aesthetic and music, and I think the Mania devs could make it interesting.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You know what would be cool?

An Overwatch fighting game.

Epic Rap Battles of History should be on there.... and Caddicarus
I don't know if I've ever seen a Caddicarus video, aside from him hosting episodes of DYKG.

But I imagine Epic Rap Battles of History collaborating with other popular musical Youtubers (like FamilyJules, Parry Grip, Ken Ashcorp, etc) for the opening song.

Also, I just remembered that Ken Ashcorp's character Kenny should be in the game.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I know Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Smash and all, but I really want a traditional Ninty fighting game.

Like, out of all the first party franchise is Smash, only... Pokemon got one? Iirc?
Years ago, I had an idea for a Mario fighting game called Mario Punch! Every character's moveset had about 24 different types of moves.

Though the only character I created a moveset for was Mario.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Years ago, I had an idea for a Mario fighting game called Mario Punch! Every character's moveset had about 24 different types of moves.

Though the only character I created a moveset for was Mario.
A Mario fighting game would be interesting. Maybe I’ll design a roster for that one of these days.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I've been wanting Super Smash Fighters forever. I imagine it being a Marvel vs. Capcom style fighter, kind of a mix between 3 and I with three characters but freeform tagging.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, FighterZ uses 3D models, and only one character has a alternate costume.

Unless FighterZ actually uses sprites the entire time, then never mind what I said.
That seems to be more on the dev team/possible lack of options from the source material (dunno honestly, not into the DB series) and it is 3D models

A Mario fighting game would be interesting. Maybe I’ll design a roster for that one of these days.
I’m working on one for Sonic myself, yeah he had two but a lot more content can be added since the last game and I want it to be more Capcom Vs. styled.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That seems to be more on the dev team/possible lack of options from the source material (dunno honestly, not into the DB series) and it is 3D models
I heard it was something complicated, not sure what though.

Now, there is a large clamour for costumes in FighterZ, so if they figure something out, then I can see ArcSys making costumes for future games that use 3D models.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean, FighterZ uses 3D models, and only one character has a alternate costume.

Unless FighterZ actually uses sprites the entire time, then never mind what I said.
It uses 3D models. The lack of alternate costumes is likely due to restriction by the IP holders, or their 3D modeling/rigging resources are being used elsewhere. Street Fighter 4 and 5 have alt costumes galore, enabled in large part by using 3D models.

D

Deleted member

Make a Youtuber Smash Bros with 20 Characters - GO!
Went for more of a influential to Youtube direction than personal preference so this is what I've come up with:
1) Pewdiepie
2) Markiplier
3) Jacksepticeye
4) AVGN
5) Game grumps
6) JonTron
7) Jacksfilms
8) Daneboe
9) Jenna Marbles
10) Shane Dawson
11) TheOdd1sOut
12) Idubbbz
13) Filthy Frank
14) Ray William Johnson
15) H3H3
16) ERB
17) ReviewBrah
18) MatPat
19) VSauce
20) The Completionist

There are a few controversial people in that roster I won't deny but they were unavoidable if we were to strictly go off of influence to the platform
What about Aquatic Ruin?
Well they should've brought the Zone back for the music if nothing else as that zone has my absolute favorite Sonic song ever.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sounds fun, considering I watch YouTube a fair amount.

1. PewDiePie
  2. Markiplier
  3. Nostalgia Critic
  4. Jenna Marbles
  5. Nice Peter & EpicLLOYD
  6. Anthony & Ian
  7. Rhett & Link
  8. MrBeast
  9. RebelTV
  10. Merrell Twins
  11. AVGN
  12. Pimpnite
  13. TierZoo
  14. iJustine
  15. SSSniperWolf
  16. Saberspark
  17. Vsauce
  18. TheOdd1sOut
  19. Dude Perfect
  20. Alan Becker
This list is pretty neat, but especially since Good Mythical Morning and Odd1sOut is on there.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If there were to be a Nintendo first party traditional fighting game I think I’d want them to make a new cast.

We’ve got Mario kart, Mario sports, hell most of the Mario cast is in Smash. It’d be cool to see Nintendo come up with their own new fighting IP with its own characters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
im so so ****ing down with an Arksys nintendo fighter. IDK what would be better, it being beautiful 2D sprites or 3D 2D models
I have been saying this for a year but a Fire Emblem Arksys fighter would be awesome. And I’m not even a fan of the series lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Schomoyoho for the musical based moveset. Granted compared to their past success they are relatively smaller now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom