• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How would these sound as possible items for a future Mario Kart?

Mini Hammers: The same hammers that Hammer Bros. use, thrown in a high arc so you need to be precise but can go over any on road obstacles and hits from above so it can bypass racers holding items behind the kart.

Ice Flower: similar to the Fire Flower but freezes opponents for a few seconds similar to a Freezie

Metal Cap: Temporary invincibility and gives the racer similar properties to a heavy racer, higher top speed but lower acceleration and off road handling

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
How would these sound as possible items for a future Mario Kart?

Mini Hammers: The same hammers that Hammer Bros. use, thrown in a high arc so you need to be precise but can go over any on road obstacles and hits from above so it can bypass racers holding items behind the kart.

Ice Flower: similar to the Fire Flower but freezes opponents for a few seconds similar to a Freezie

Metal Cap: Temporary invincibility and gives the racer similar properties to a heavy racer, higher top speed but lower acceleration and off road handling
And when frozen, they are an ice block and slide out of control until they hit something, fall off or the effect wears off.

D

Deleted member

I know I read somewhere on here earlier that there have been murmurs of Dante being in the mix of names heard for Pick 5 and bruh. I would be SUPER down.

Like, even if it wasn’t Resident Evil, I’d still count that as a win.
I'd be incredibly hyped for Dante but if he doesn't bring Devil Trigger with him then he would also be a complete waste of a character

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Something I’ve been thinking of:
Why are Eagles, Lions, and Deer always trying to take over the world?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Like the Freezies in Sherbet Land.
From which game? I am not sure what you mean.

Also, here is an idea of mine. Vanishing Cap: Can be used to get through obstacles and other racers, but does not turn one invisible. The user is also light enough to function like lightweights, which makes it the opposite of the Metal Cap idea Wademan posted.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The Double Cherry item can be integrated into MK by producing clones in each lateral direction of the user and they each act as a free pass when being targeted by an item and dissipate with one hit.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
From which game? I am not sure what you mean.

Also, here is an idea of mine. Vanishing Cap: Can be used to get through obstacles and other racers, but does not turn one invisible. The user is also light enough to function like lightweights, which makes it the opposite of the Metal Cap idea Wademan posted.
Probably the ones from Double Dash.

Actually yeah, i think that idea could work too, i wanted to have another item that gives light racer properties too

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Make a Youtuber Smash Bros with 20 Characters - GO!
Sounds fun, considering I watch YouTube a fair amount.

1. PewDiePie
  2. Markiplier
  3. Nostalgia Critic
  4. Jenna Marbles
  5. Nice Peter & EpicLLOYD
  6. Anthony & Ian
  7. Rhett & Link
  8. MrBeast
  9. RebelTV
  10. Merrell Twins
  11. AVGN
  12. Pimpnite
  13. TierZoo
  14. iJustine
  15. SSSniperWolf
  16. Saberspark
  17. Vsauce
  18. TheOdd1sOut
  19. Dude Perfect
  20. Alan Becker

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How would you feel if this was the item lineup for the next Mario Kart game?

Super Mushroom (+Triple)
Green Shell (+Triple)
Red Shell (+Triple)
Super Star
Banana Peel (+Triple)
Lightning
Spiny Shell
Bob-omb
Golden Mushroom
Bullet Bill
Mega Mushroom
Fire Flower
Boomerang
Super Horn
Piranha Plant
Feather
Dash Ring
Mini Hammers
Ice Flower
Metal Box/Cap
Vanishing Box/Cap

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Super Mushroom (+Triple)
Green Shell (+Triple)
Red Shell (+Triple)
Super Star
Banana Peel (+Triple)
Lightning
Spiny Shell
Bob-omb
Golden Mushroom
Bullet Bill
Mega Mushroom
Fire Flower
Boomerang
Super Horn
Piranha Plant
Feather
Dash Ring
Mini Hammers
Ice Flower
Metal Box/Cap
Vanishing Box/Cap
What if there was an item that acted as the reverse of a “speed” item that one could use on opponents?
I think it’s a bad design, ok concept

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Super Mushroom (+Triple)
Green Shell (+Triple)
Red Shell (+Triple)
Super Star
Banana Peel (+Triple)
Lightning
Spiny Shell
Bob-omb
Golden Mushroom
Bullet Bill
Mega Mushroom
Fire Flower
Boomerang
Super Horn
Piranha Plant
Feather
Dash Ring
Mini Hammers
Ice Flower
Metal Box/Cap
Vanishing Box/Cap
The only thing I would've done is switch Feather with Boo.

The Feather is really only useful in Battle Mode, and even then it's REALLY circumstantial.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I can't wait for the trailer for the new Sonic game at E3 with the release of an edgy bop afterwards to hook us in.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The only thing I would've done is switch Feather with Boo.

The Feather is really only useful in Battle Mode, and even then it's REALLY circumstantial.
What if it was buffed to give it a bit more jump height? Not as broken as SMK’s version but still a bit more effective?

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's another item idea for a Mario Kart game. An Accelerator Star. It basically makes it so that the user keeps accelerating for a fixed time, to a speed higher they can't reach without the item. This item can be risky, and even if you do reach the final speed with it, which is high, you have to maintain it, and it can be very difficult due to how it affects turning.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What if it was bugged to give it a bit more jump height? Not as broken as SMK’s version but still a bit more effective?
Maybe. I just rarely find success with the feather aside from jumping over small walls.

I'd still keep Boo though. I feel like it's really useful in both races and battles.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The Chain Chomp could come back.

Also, finally make Goomba a racer and introduce King Bob-Omb as a new racer

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe. I just rarely find success with the feather aside from jumping over small walls.

I'd still keep Boo though. I feel like it's really useful in both races and battles.
Alright, my only concern is keeping both the Boo and Vanishing Cap, but if they’re different enough, I’ll keep them both.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
THANK YOU, the amount of people who sleep on Act 1's theme all because Act 2's is Aesthetic is WAY too high. It's about time I found someone who appreciates Act 1's theme.
I just love how wacky and energetic it sounds compared to Act 2, and the samples they used to simulate sounds from a printing press is such a great touch.

Probably doesn't hurt that it's attached to what I think is the better Act as far as level design is concerned, too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just love how wacky and energetic it sounds compared to Act 2, and the samples they used to simulate sounds from a printing press is such a great touch.

Probably doesn't hurt that it's attached to what I think is the better Act as far as level design is concerned, too.
Tbh, the Garden theme is cool and all, but those birds and the sections where you're a frozen ice block kinda sucks.

Tbh, probably my least favorite new level in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

......Why do people make "Sexy ______" costumes anyways? Those are just weird and I don't see anyone use them.
Just for messing around and novelty factor mostly. Plus if you went to halloween parties or clubs you would probably find someone using one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom