• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So if Amaterasu was the final character for this Season Pass. How satisfied would you guys be?
ehhhh...
I would be surprised, but she(he? haven't played the game) isn't really a character I would want.
6/10, in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So if Amaterasu was the final character for this Season Pass. How satisfied would you guys be?
Very happy.

Okami is a fantastic game with wonderful visuals and stellar music practically begging to be sampled in Smash, and Amaterasu is easily my most desired Capcom pick alongside Monster Hunter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not only a female rep but also an four legged one and an female animal to boot for that matter. I'd be damn satisfied if she was the final character in the Pass.

Plus I love mythologies notably Japanese.

I wonder if Okami is on the PSN (Playstation Network)? If so I'll have to buy it at some point for sure.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just ordered my Pikachu costume for a Halloween party (had to pay extra for it to arrive on time).

I might have to skip the detective hat as it would either be too expensive or wouldn't arrive on time (might try shopping locally).

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not only a female rep but also an four legged one and an female animal to boot for that matter. I'd be damn satisfied if she was the final character in the Pass.

Plus I love mythologies notably Japanese.

I wonder if Okami is on the PSN (Playstation Network)? If so I'll have to buy it at some point for sure.
imagine a stage based off Shinshu Field making it into Smash:

Oh, and Okami HD is available on both PSN and Switch.

osby

Smash Obsessed
She would be cool. I would be surprised that they didn't choose a more well-known Capcom character, but she comes from a solid game.

Plus, an Okami stage is bound to be visually impressing in a stylized way, like Mementos. Not to mention the hilarity of having two goddesses as playable characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ehhhh...
I would be surprised, but she(he? haven't played the game) isn't really a character I would want.
6/10, in my opinion
Ammys a she, based off the goddess
imagine a stage based off Shinshu Field making it into Smash
Fam, yes please oh yes please Okami is so damn beautiful

D

Deleted member

I'm not familiar with the character but I heard Okami was very good and her design stands out compared to the rest of the FP so I'd be fine with her as I'm more invested in the post-FP DLC anyways.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
She would be cool. I would be surprised that they didn't choose a more well-known Capcom character, but she comes from a solid game.

Plus, an Okami stage is bound to be visually impressing in a stylized way, like Mementos. Not to mention the hilarity of having two goddesses as playable characters.
I'm with you there, Amaterasu is a solid DLC contender. If she was included in Smash at some point, do you think she would keep her heavily stylized cel-shaded look from her original game, or would she have a render more in line with the rest of the roster?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm with you there, Amaterasu is a solid DLC contender. If she was included in Smash at some point, do you think she would keep her heavily stylized cel-shaded look from her original game, or would she have a render more in line with the rest of the roster?
They can make her like Little Mac: She looks normal, but her stage has a special lighting effect to reflect her original look.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing is that Capcom has had quite the influence on the gaming industry, having franchises that are not only flagships for themselves, but also for the genre they are in.

Street Fighter for fighting, Resident Evil for survival/ horror and...action, Mega Man for 2d platforming, Ace Attorney and others make up quite the backlog as well.

As a 3rd party, they’re incredibly when they’re on point. That’s why I personally feel we’ll get at least ONE Capcom character by the end of DLC, but probably no more than 2, especially if fighter 5 is from Capcom.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, we have screenshots of the FNAF VR Halloween update!
63020329-B40E-4924-8B60-5E6D3D59C397.jpeg
A2ED7E65-DD1D-4774-B38F-6B95CAC96E51.jpeg
A758D8CC-F1D4-46F9-9490-6BFBD97F5B62.jpeg
These were a few new levels shown off, and according The the PlayStation store, even more will be coming, such as a Trick Or Treating level and a corn maze. This looks really high quality, if I’m being honest.

Aurane Aurane Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thing is that Capcom has had quite the influence on the gaming industry, having franchises that are not only flagships for themselves, but also for the genre they are in.

Street Fighter for fighting, Resident Evil for survival/ horror and...action, Mega Man for 2d platforming, Ace Attorney and others make up quite the backlog as well.

As a 3rd party, they’re incredibly when they’re on point. That’s why I personally feel we’ll get at least ONE Capcom character by the end of DLC, but probably no more than 2, especially if fighter 5 is from Capcom.
I’m almost certain the next Capcomer will be a Resi character. Resident Evil is one of capcom’s big 3 alongside street fighter and Monster Hunter (mega man doesn’t really count anymore). DMC, Ace Attorney, Ōkami, they’re all good. But they’re not top tier franchises in terms of popularity. After Resi gets in then one of their B-Tier franchises is on the docket.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’m almost certain the next Capcomer will be a Resi character. Resident Evil is one of capcom’s big 3 alongside street fighter and Monster Hunter (mega man doesn’t really count anymore). DMC, Ace Attorney, Ōkami, they’re all good. But they’re not top tier franchises in terms of popularity. After Resi gets in then one of their B-Tier franchises is on the docket.
Banjo got in before Steve. There's definitely precedence that the big popular franchise could be looked over in favor of the fan favorites

I'd argue Phoenix Wright in particular still has a pretty decent shot. Especially with his consistent placements on polls

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

"Too Samus", "Samus alternate", "Is he from Pacific Rim", "We already have Snake", "HALO-ish character", "Looks like a character added Samus and Snake then divided by 2", "Yeah lol. From FPS lol"....."Samus"...

Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom