• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

crash gets a solid "not bad" from me

but I honestly kind of doubt this leak cause it feels like it's made to increase geno's chances and something about that just feels off to me
I'd say the same thing if it was made at around September, but this was all the way back in July. It's pretty bold to say Goemon and Rocket Grunt, so I'm curious about Mallow and Smithy.

D

Deleted member

Lucio is my best and most played OW character, so I feel this image hard. I love Lucio, but carrying the team happens more than I'd like.
As someone who played a lot of Reinhardt (tank/support main here), there was nothing more satisfying than swinging your giant hammer against that annoying frog hopping around the payload. That and trapping them with Junkrat to blow them up.

How are there 27 users on this thread right now and no one has anything to say.
I'm playing Crash Team Racing, so I only occasionally check here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, during Grinch leak, that isn't a point in his favor, you know?

He made a video on it and how his source was backing it.

I understand nothing in this sentence
he knew about banjo and talked banjo way before the grinch leaks. Hell if you don’t believe me ask papagenos papagenos yourself.

secondly papagenos isn’t a insider and neither is someone who works at micrsoft, he would have no way to know for sure if it was real or fake. The grinch leak fooled a majority of the smash fandom and was huge, of course he would make a video covering. Why you think a random Microsoft employee would no better and backing the grinch leak is a hit against genos, is honestly beyond me.
The last part of that sentence was in regards to people saying he has ok sources. He has vr plant a very accurate and leaker who only posts to papa genos publicly.
How great would it be if they did it on the anniversary of the last Smash exclusive direct pre-launch?
*checks calendar*
Do they ever do directs on Fridays?
Very rarely, usually Tuesday’s to Thursday’s

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Rocket Grunt and Goemon costumes are honestly the only thing making me give the Crash leak any thought. Those aren't things you just guess.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'd say the same thing if it was made at around September, but this was all the way back in July. It's pretty bold to say Goemon and Rocket Grunt, so I'm curious about Mallow and Smithy.
It could very well have been legit info with a couple false stuff sprinkled in. It ain't unprecedented.

Reminder that the ESRB leak had some complete bogus info regarding DLC

In fact, assuming Choccobo, Mallow, and Smithy are the only ones on there that didn't drop with Banjo, it does make me question that notion.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the rocket grunts costumes, I hope we do get other teams represented in future. Team Skull outfit please

D

Deleted member

It could very well have been legit info with a couple false stuff sprinkled in. It ain't unprecedented.

In fact, assuming Choccobo, Mallow, and Smithy are the only ones on here that didn't drop with Banjo, it does make me feel like it's a legitmate possibility
There are two interpretations:
1) Geno is coming and he's bringing those costumes. Literally no reason for Mario RPG to get more costumes with another Square Enix character.
2) Those might have been intended for Erdrick before he was released and he got them wrong, like how Verge got Minecraft info wrong.

Either way, it's a unique situation. I enjoy me some good leaker discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
yeah, that does it give some credibility, but the mallow and smithy costumes just seem off to me

It's clearly meant to mean that Geno is gonna be coming or whatever, but those costumes seem like things that would come with geno, not before him. It'd also be kind of weird if Square costumes were put in with Crash when a square character already released, but they sort of did that with banjo I tihnk

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here’s what I’m curious about:

1) The source did evidently get the costumes right, but if Geno wasn’t added in the first pass, then it wouldn’t make sense to have Mallow and Smithy costumes without Geno being playable or a Mii costume at this point, as it makes sense to assume DLC was planned to coincide with Ultimate getting completely new content.

2) The Square costumes are...weird to throw in there as the only two that didn’t get confirmed, in addition to the missing Sans costume. Missing info doesn’t really detract from credibility, but I think it’s clear that Mallow and Smithy costumes would really only get added if Geno were a playable character. Giving that information to a hardcore Geno supporter, in order to be taken seriously, isn’t entirely out there I guess.

3) This implies that this leaker also has information on the 2nd set of DLC which isn’t out of the question, but again it just seems...weird that those costumes would get snuck in there for no reason otherwise. Why not withhold that information until it makes sense to?

I’m totally down for Crash and I think he’s a good pick based on the fact that it’s...Crash Bandicoot. I don’t think, however, this should necessarily be seen as a sure thing until other folks jump on it. Just recently, PG and Sabi were pulled into a confusing mess of a leak, especially considering he cites Shifty with Hayabusa, who then claimed Brew was “trolling”, which doesn’t seem to be the case anyway.

Not convinced until I see more.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
also, if we are supposed to believe these extra square costumes are supposed to be relased alongside Geno, what about the costumes that'd coincide with Terry and supposedly Crash?

surely they would've known a couple of those too...

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Still waiting for Shake King from Wario Land to get in the 2nd DLC Fighter Pass. (Shake King is so underrated, unlikely to get in Ultimate, same with Poochy and Bandana Dee, my wanted characters.)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How do peoples keep forgetting three important facts.

the first is that papa genos main source told him banjo way before anyone else fully knew he was in.

he didn’t back the grinch leak, he theorized how it could work based on the fact he knew banjo was in. He collaborated information with a hell of lot of leakers then so they could piece it together. At the end of the day they all agreed the lack of incenroar made no sense. He wasn’t a die hard grinch believe he was considering all possibilities and that’s it.

Lastly, did you all forget his god tier source if VR plant? The leaker whose never been wrong.
Genos track record is more then ok, it’s a relatively solid one, because he refuses to cover stuff without strong evidence behind them.
1. Banjo was one of the most popular character requests over the past few years. Maybe Papagenos really did have insider information, but to me, having someone correctly guess Banjo isn't nearly as impressive as guessing someone like Joker or Terry. Of course Banjo would appear in fake leaks.

2. Not thinking the Grinch leak was real because of Incineroar was something that made a lot of people doubt it's validity. He might have been predicting Banjo all the way back then, but again, we don't even know if his source actually knew for sure if Banjo was in the game or just made a lucky guess. Things would've been different if his source said Joker instead.

3.VR Plant is one of many leaks Papagenos has covered. He's a great YouTuber, but Papagenos tends to look into multiple leaks at once. Based off his most recent videos, the last character could be Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, Geno, or Crash.

For the record, I'm not saying he's wrong about Crash and Geno. I just don't think there's much reason to treat what he says as seriously as someone like Verge. Taking this info with a huge grain of salt because I have more than one reason to doubt it being true.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So I guess we're writing off Goemon and Team Rocket Grunt costumes as a "lucky guess"?

I'm just curious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I guess we're writing off Goemon and Team Rocket Grunt costumes as a "lucky guess"?

I'm just curious.
Not really, just doubting the omission on SNK costumes and noting how the list was incomplete meaning that Geno's costume may have been missed by the leaker if this is real when Geno is likely a big reason this is even getting traction

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm taking the leak with a grain of salt, but I do hope it's true.

Gotta say, it would be weird if the Fighters Pass was made of...

-Two western 3D platforming animal mascots from the late 90s
-Two blade-wielding silent protagonists from 2016-2017 PS4 JRPGs
-Terry

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I've also considered the possibility it could've been bait.

Either way, we're literally gonna know in like 3 or 4 weeks tops so be prepared

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still waiting for Shake King from Wario Land to get in the 2nd DLC Fighter Pass. (Shake King is so underrated, unlikely to get in Ultimate, same with Poochy and Bandana Dee, my wanted characters.)
A remastered port of Wario Land Shake It! for Switch would be swell.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

-The mascot of one of the most famous fighting game series from the 90'

Fixed that for ya, take the hat too if you want.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

-Terry
Clearly this means Pass 2 will be kicked off with the one who provides us with the scent of interactive entertainment

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the new leak, I definitely can see why PapaGenos has some faith in him since guessing Team Rocket Grunt and Goemon costumes aren't easy in the slightest and Crash is definitely a believable addition, but I will admit I'm not as on board with the SMRPG costumes. As said before, it seems awfully convenient that this new leak happens to have costumes associated with a very popular want in the fanbase pop up with other recently confirmed Mii Costumes, and yet we not only haven't seen them, but also they'd likely be in the future past Fighter #5. It just makes it a little more harder to swallow, particularly since PapaGenos is someone who does really want Geno.

Also, on that note I saw this mentioned over at Resetera: Tansut, who knew about Cloud and also knew ahead of time on Hero, hasn't heard of anything coming from Square.

I actually asked the other day if there was anything new to discuss. I got the impression there aren't much Smash-related going-ons at SE. That doesn't mean that's necessarily the case, though, just that my source isn't involved or aware of anything.
Granted, as he said in the second line, just because his source hasn't heard it doesn't mean it's not happening. However, considering their track record with SE content, it may be best to keep expectations in check until we get more collaborating evidence.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm fine with Crash, I'm not super attached to him, but he's cool enough. Terry would still be the character I'd be the most happy with as far as choices go. I do wonder how the process of choosing characters will go from here on out. I'd REALLY be down for another Ballot, I'd like to see how things would change with so many most wanted from people added now with Cloud, Bayo, Ridley, Inkling, Chrom, D. Samus, K.Rool and Simon. Not to mention DLC like Banjo.

And I get to hype up character I think are cool too some more.

I'm not sure if anyone here still plays Xenoverse 2 or even cared about it to begin with, but they have screenshots of Android 21 now:

Interesting that they went with her scientist look over the Majin form.
Can't they just end this game and start funneling the cash flow into DBFZ2 or more seasons of DBFZ?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can't they just end this game and start funneling the cash flow into DBFZ2 or more seasons of DBFZ?
I wish, but evidently, most anime fans aren't exactly concerned about "good looking games" or "skill based combat" and most would rather just press a button and do the cool move instantly.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I'm fine with Crash, I'm not super attached to him, but he's cool enough. Terry would still be the character I'd be the most happy with as far as choices go. I do wonder how the process of choosing characters will go from here on out. I'd REALLY be down for another Ballot, I'd like to see how things would change with so many most wanted from people added now with Cloud, Bayo, Ridley, Inkling, Chrom, D. Samus, K.Rool and Simon. Not to mention DLC like Banjo.

And I get to hype up character I think are cool too some more.

I'd rather they end xv2 to funnel cash flow into xv3. XV has so much potential as a DB simulator.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wish, but evidently, most anime fans aren't exactly concerned about "good looking games" or "skill based combat" and most would rather just press a button and do the cool move instantly.
They'll never let me run Adult Gohan with a Beam as his Assist will they? Or make the online smoother for most people? I'm not even good at DBFZ, but I have a hell of a lot more fun with it than most 3D arena anime games.

Delet This.jpg

But seriously, I think choosing assists like in Marvel 2/3 would be a killer addition. I know some people have issues with Super Dash(I don't, but I get it), so maybe re-adjust that too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm not sure if anyone here still plays Xenoverse 2 or even cared about it to begin with, but they have screenshots of Android 21 now:

Interesting that they went with her scientist look over the Majin form.
So they can sell the Majin form separately down the line and get more money.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't exactly believe this leak. But I guess Geno also being involved got people interested. Personally, I'd care more for Crash himself, but thems the brakes. Now, I will say none of those leaks mention the Mega Man X or Mega Man .EXE Mii Gunner Costumes. But they did correctly guess Zero and Protoman's costumes coming back.

This obviously means one of them is confirmed as the post Fighter's Pass DLC.

All I'm saying is get ready for some....

Mega Cool Timez.png

I'd rather they end xv2 to funnel cash flow into xv3. XV has so much potential as a DB simulator.
Fair enough. I can't get into the Xeno games myself, but at least a full-blown sequel would be nice for the RPG aspects. Like making an Android character or something. I heard people ask about that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As far as this leak goes.... I mean, could be. Would really like it to be. And far be it from me to play the pessimist, but most of the correct leaks don’t seem to happen until very close to the reveal.

Now, if a Smash presentation/direct is announced very close to now, I’ll eat my words.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
PapaGenos hasn’t lied before, and his source is the same guy who told him Banjo & Kazooie. His source’s source for this new info is from IGN. I highly doubt his anonymous source would suddenly knowingly give him fake info and burn bridges, and I doubt PapaGenos is making stuff up. If this leak doesn’t turn out, it was simply fake info his source thought was real.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
woke up this morning to find that i've somehow struck comedy gold last night in the other smash ultimate thread

it's just 3 likes from topping full house, which caught me off guard when my alerts bell hit ****ing 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom