• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Just got done playing some Overwatch and now I'm just chilling. How bout you?
I'm ok. Watching a hockey game; Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins. And I'm about to continue writing the Undertale fanfic I'm co-authoring with a close internet friend of mine. We're on chapter 11. There are probably gonna be 15-20 chapters in total. We write weekly or bi-weekly depending.
Took two tests today, and got good grades on both. Now I'm about to watch episodes of an anime I've been enjoying.
Nice work.
Which anime?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If there's some kind of follow up to Sword and Shield, I'll probably jump back then. I normally don't get the 3rd versions/sequels to Pokemon titles, and I should just wait for one that'll likely make whatever improvements to the region should be made.

D

Deleted member

I'm taking a break from Pokemon for a bit, and Terry's currently my favorite of the DLC so WE'RE THEM SOUTHTOWN BOYZ!!
Personally, I think Terry is boring, design-wise. I've said it before, but outside of Banjo, none of the DLC even interested me except just to say "That's neat. don't really care" and even then, Banjo is just "Cool, but still don't care that much"

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For some reason Sora for Smash was trending. Did some leak pop up to get people excited again or something?

Either way, here's this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

StormC

Smash Hero
I have immense respect for Dragon Quest's legacy in Smash but I don't care much for Hero's execution in Smash, namely the down B, and overall I don't have any emotional attachment or nostalgia for the series.

Terry is basically that except Fatal Fury isn't the Biggest Thing Ever and we haven't seen his moveset much yet in Smash so I'm withholding judgment. But Joker was an amazing surprise inclusion and Banjo & Kazooie are childhood favorites near and dear to my heart, so I'm good on the Fighters Pass.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, my favorite DLC fighters are Plant and Hero, and out of all of the DLC fighters at the time of their reveal, I only played the series Plant's from.

I loved Hero's execution because I have a thing for unorthodox technical fighters that make you think outside the box, and it got me into DQ.

Joker's cool and all, but I have no attachment to him at all, and Banjo... eh. Could care less, but that's because he was well before my time and I'm kinda biased for... reasons.

StormC

Smash Hero
Tbh, my favorite DLC fighters are Plant and Hero, and out of all of the DLC fighters at the time of their reveal, I only played the series Plant's from.

I loved Hero's execution because I have a thing for unorthodox technical fighters that make you think outside the box, and it got me into DQ.

Joker's cool and all, but I have no attachment to him at all, and Banjo... eh. Could care less, but that's because he was well before my time and I'm kinda biased for... reasons.
If it makes you feel any better, while I am not a Steve supporter, I feel like his inclusion in season 2 would be a good way for everyone to get what they want.

Except Master Chief fans I guess.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If Smash were to have a story, Like a real story that functions as an actual crossover between these franchises instead of just plonking them in Sakurai’s toybox, what would you want it to be about?

D

Deleted member

If Smash were to have a story, Like a real story that functions as an actual crossover between these franchises instead of just plonking them in Sakurai’s toybox, what would you want it to be about?
beach party, anime-style ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In all seriousness, something along the lines of an endless tourney, never ending, never stopping, until the end of time itself.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Joker introduced me to one of my favorite games ever and I'm currently playing through the Dragon Quest series because of Hero.

Sometimes it's nice to get characters that you're not completely familiar with.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
-Tabuu, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Galeem, and Darkon resurrect.
-Mission is to make an alliance and take over the entire video game multiverse.
-Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff causes the different video game universes to merge in the first place.
-They initially win, taking over society like it's 1984.
-Original 8 (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu) form a resistence to lead the charge against the big 5 baddies and free everyone from the dystopian world.
-Each of the original 8 can also have a branching path and different plots, similar to Subspace Emissary. Inserting a little character development too will help, since Lucas and King Dedede were two of the only characters with any kind of development in SE, maybe THE only 2.

StormC

Smash Hero
Joker introduced me to one of my favorite games ever and I'm currently playing through the Dragon Quest series because of Hero.

I was in that exact boat with Joker, although I was already excited as a Persona 3/4 fan and thought it bode well for future DLC characters. Actually playing P5 and falling in love with it only heightened the hype.

Backlog is too big for me to attempt DQ11 right now.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
-Tabuu, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Galeem, and Darkon resurrect.
-Mission is to make an alliance and take over the entire video game multiverse.
-Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff causes the different video game universes to merge in the first place.
-They initially win, taking over society like it's 1984.
-Original 8 (Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu) form a resistence to lead the charge against the big 5 baddies and free everyone from the dystopian world.
-Each of the original 8 can also have a branching path and different plots, similar to Subspace Emissary. Inserting a little character development too will help, since Lucas and King Dedede were two of the only characters with any kind of development in SE, maybe THE only 2.
Original 8 branching paths is such a good idea that I'm angry at WoL for it :yoshi:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I got melee when I was six so smash basically introduced me to all of Nintendo. The only characters I knew when I got melee were the ones from Mario and Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

I like how people arr implying that Terry would cut into Pokemon's sales and playtime, even though Pokemon is the biggest franchise in the world by a large margin.
Alright so just out of curiosity I checked if it really was (spoilers: it is, kinda thought Marvel would be higher) but that's not the point of interest here
The point of interest is that Winnie the ****ing Pooh is the third highest grossing media franchise of all time
Who's buying all this Winnie the Pooh ****?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I got melee when I was six so smash basically introduced me to all of Nintendo. The only characters I knew when I got melee were the ones from Mario and Pokémon.
I was pretty familiar with all of the series represented except for Earthbound, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, and Game & Watch. My older brother had already corrupted me on a bunch of classic Nintendo games before I got Melee lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Original 8 branching paths is such a good idea that I'm angry at WoL for it :yoshi:
Starting with only Kirby felt a little tedious, especially since the original 8 were available in the main Smash mode from the start.

And like, they can save specific characters for development purposes. Mario can rescue Luigi and Peach, Link can rescue the other Links and Zelda, Kirby rescues Meta Knight, etc.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I doubt it would happen but it would be pretty cool if we got world of light dlc. Maybe with a cutscene or two thrown in.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I doubt it would happen but it would be pretty cool if we got world of light dlc. Maybe with a cutscene or two thrown in.
I mean. Spirit battles are easy as piddle to make. They already have the architecture for a bunch of bosses from subspace, and it can’t be that hard to draw a new map. It doesn’t have to be as large as WoL and WoD. Just.... something. Maybe based off the DLC characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
All this talk of Winnie the Pooh merchandise and bootlegs reminded me of this little gem:

Edit: Double ninja'd, ****

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Alright so just out of curiosity I checked if it really was (spoilers: it is, kinda thought Marvel would be higher) but that's not the point of interest here
The point of interest is that Winnie the ****ing Pooh is the third highest grossing media franchise of all time
Who's buying all this Winnie the Pooh ****?
Dates are important. That listing is tracking how much those franchises have made from their beginning to right now. The MCU's only been around for 11 years, whereas Star Wars has been around since 1977, Mario's been around since 1981, and Hello Kitty since 1974. Winnie the Pooh's been around since 1924, so it's had a 95 year-long run. It might not be super popular now, but was plenty popular in the past, and has had almost a century to be consistently popular.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’ve been playing around with that idea myself, two maps based off Pokémon and Fire Emblem with a lot more spirits, rewards like music tracks and such, and a new boss at the end of each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom