• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
TFW when you try to host a doubles Ultimate arena and you think you're having fun when someone rage quits and gets pissed at you.

There's always a snaffoo when I host an arena... whether it's salty players, me not living up to my own expectations, lag, lack of interest, or all of the above.

I wanted to give others a good experience and I feel like I failed at it today.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
There are plenty of Pokémon with typings I'd argue make little to no sense. I can't see Scorbunny's final evolution being what was leaked, but GameFreak can and will pull off anything they want.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So what's a game you'd say had really good marketing?

Cos there are several titles this year that have come under criticism for their _romotion
Halo 3's marketing was out of this world. I also stand by that almost every piece of promo art for it, from the official cover to other marketing materials, were stellar. There was an art and style to it that I've never seen before or since, and it was all completely deserved.

Super Mario Odyssey's two main trailers, the January reveal and the E3 trailer, were enough for me to get me hyped like never before for a Mario game and end up pre-ordering it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So here’s a breakdown of the first two hours of sword and shield I wrote up after watching things:

The game opens with Ross on tv and he talks about the world of Pokémon. I’m almost positive that this shot actually comes from the trailer scene with Ross’s mysterious Pokémon. This would also explain Leon’s entrance in that trailer since it says Leon fights someone in the opening, which if that other leak is right, it’s:
marnine who loses to his charziard when using jellicent.
From there you start your journey and the previews seem to mix this part up, but it seems like you get your starter fight Hop and he seemingly only has the starter weak to yours. It’s unconfirmed if he truly has a second Pokémon or not here. You meet Leon here too and learn about him.

you beat hop and a wooloo runs through your fence and you go to chase it down. It runs into the nearby forest. There’s about 7 new never before seen Pokémon in these woods. You find wooloo but something mysterious happens that they couldn’t talk about(eternaus?).

You head back meet magnolia, and battle hop again. Here he has at least two Pokémon. Screenshots show three but not the reviewers only mention wooloo and the starter. Leon wasn’t going to endorse you but sees your battle and decides too.

a shooting star falls into your hands and it’s an item called the wishing star. This lets you dyna and gigantamax.
From there you head to the wild area and can explore quite a bit of it with various high level and low level Pokémon. No one seems to have spotted new Pokémon in the wild area yet, but the events leading up to it apparently have a few more mons we don’t know about. You make it to the big steam punk city and no one made it to the gym because they chose to explore the city or maybe had to explore it. Overall it sounds pretty interesting.

there’s all the QOL improvements to that really make it sound great. I’m honestly probably going to reset for my starter to be shiny now. I’m hyped.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Guys! Let's forget all this Sword & Shield talk for a moment to discuss a far-more important mystery:

Just what exactly is in these sasauges? Any note-worthy theories?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Cos there are several titles this year that have come under criticism for their _romotion
That would be Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition, available NOW for the Nintendo Switch!

StormC

Smash Hero

Yeah, like Gwen said, Dragon Quest 11 has absolutely killed it.

-Fully revealed in February with all the new content
-Character in Smash (which led into a trailer)
-Sakurai promoting the game both in the Smash stream and a separate DQ event

Which they had to do in order to make DQ break out in the west. SWSH's marketing has felt like "buy it 'cause it's Pokemon, who knows what's in it."

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Guys! Let's forget all this Sword & Shield talk for a moment to discuss a far-more important mystery:

Just what exactly is in these sasauges? Any note-worthy theories?
Don't worry, they're veggie sausages

No need of feeling bad for eating Tepig.

You can instead feel bad for eating Oddish

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
TFW when you try to host a doubles Ultimate arena and you think you're having fun when someone rage quits and gets pissed at you.

There's always a snaffoo when I host an arena... whether it's salty players, me not living up to my own expectations, lag, lack of interest, or all of the above.

I wanted to give others a good experience and I feel like I failed at it today.
Don't feel too bad. LAN is the only safe bet with Smash for a good experience.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This board talks about Sword/Shield more than the actual reason this board was created. Might as well rename the entire site into “Pokémon boards”

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This board talks about Sword/Shield more than the actual reason this board was created. Might as well rename the entire site into “Pokémon boards”
This is the "social" thread.

we're pretty much allowed to talk about anything we want.

That includes Sword/Shield.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Not like there's a plethora of Smash news to talk about, unless you want to argue about Hayabusa or Geno or Resident Evil again.

This is the first time in months the discussion about SWSH has been largely positive, let's enjoy it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when u try to play an even spread of characters but also u played persona 5 back in 2017

1571347221860.png

D

Deleted member

Not like there's a plethora of Smash news to talk about, unless you want to argue about Hayabusa or Geno or Resident Evil again.

This is the first time in months the discussion about SWSH has been largely positive, let's enjoy it.
Yeah but when do you think Terry is coming out because I think November is a pretty safe bet

D

Deleted member

Can someone buffer me so I don't double post in my own AMA thread? I gotta response to our friendly neighborhood Panda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom