• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I may be terrible at 'playing' Smash

But the speculation is my favorite part.

I'll be stuck here til Sakurai says "That's all, folks."

D

Deleted member

Honestly I kinda checked out of speculation after Banjo.

And I really checked out after Sans.

I’m just enjoying the ride until I decide I’m sick of message boards.
Same here, but I'm only doing it because there really isn't anything to talk about.
I haven't even played any of the games the characters are from(unless Sans counts, really) so it's not like I could talk about that.
The characters themselves don't even interest me really.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, if speculation is getting the best of you, the best thing to do is to step back and just

Relax, and consider if you want to actually do this at all.

There's nothing on the line, but if it's legit stressful for you, you shouldn't force yourself.
Well I guess the word I'm more looking for is.. Annoying. Speculation is just very annoying, repetitive and monotonous.

Speculation has it's stressful moments here and there but not all the time it just isn't fun and I'm about to drop out if my experience stays the same.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Same here, but I'm only doing it because there really isn't anything to talk about.
I haven't even played any of the games the characters are from(unless Sans counts, really) so it's not like I could talk about that.
The characters themselves don't even interest me really.
DA7E2FD3-8555-48E4-908F-F057DA2AC010.jpeg
you’d do well to play one of the world’s best platformers.

Shroob

Sup?
Well I guess the word I'm more looking for is.. Annoying. Speculation is just very annoying, repetitive and monotonous.

Speculation has it's stressful moments here and there but not all the time it just isn't fun and I'm about to drop out if my experience stays the same.
I mean, it's only gonna get worse from this point onwards lol.

This cycle has pretty much been:

"Wait for the leakers to speak and then everyone argues if they're credible or not".

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That still doesn’t answer my question.

At that point, Shantae and Gene are already crossing over into the game. If we’re speaking in terms of “series with little representation in the game”, why not go for series that literally aren’t in Smash at all? Tales (of Symphonia), Tekken, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, Astral Chain, are all series with nothing in Smash, and would each expand the crossover immensely. Each would bring in new spirits, music, and stages.

Why settle for something or someone already in Smash, regardless of capacity, when you could continue with the angle already taken and add content entirely new?

These franchises expand the crossover of series while Geno, who is technically filed under the Mario series, and Shantae who is technically already a part of the crossover, so not.

Why retread those picks when there are entirely new ones? That’s my question.
This is the fortunate or unfortunate reality of the Fighters Pass, depending on your perspective. Like you brought up, Sakurai said that it's about expanding the crossover field of the game and introducing new universes to Smash.

Which means that your favorite Nintendo series that's already in the game, or perhaps any Nintendo series at all, won't be getting a new character. This means that Nintendo character hopes that weren't in the game are not getting in. Sorry, Skull Kid and Geno.

This also means that every DLC character will be something incredibly new and surprising, like Banjo and Joker. The only limit is whether or not the license owner says no, and when even Konami is going all in, the sky's the limit. Series like Resident Evil and Dark Souls are almost certain.

Boy, remember when almost everyone was being super cynical and saying "All these DLC characters are going to be just advertisements for new Nintendo games," e.g. Fire Emblem 3H character, Sw/Sh Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4 Sylux, etc.? What a load that was.

Shroob

Sup?
This is the fortunate or unfortunate reality of the Fighters Pass, depending on your perspective. Like you brought up, Sakurai said that it's about expanding the crossover field of the game and introducing new universes to Smash.

Which means that your favorite Nintendo series that's already in the game, or perhaps any Nintendo series at all, won't be getting a new character. This means that Nintendo character hopes that weren't in the game are not getting in. Sorry, Skull Kid and Geno.

This also means that every DLC character will be something incredibly new and surprising, like Banjo and Joker. The only limit is whether or not the license owner says no, and when even Konami is going all in, the sky's the limit. Series like Resident Evil and Dark Souls are almost certain.

Boy, remember when almost everyone was being super cynical and saying "All these DLC characters are going to be just advertisements for new Nintendo games," e.g. Fire Emblem 3H character, Sw/Sh Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4 Sylux, etc.? What a load that was.
The irony is now it seems like people want the "Shill picks" as so many called them way back when.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The irony is now it seems like people want the "Shill picks" as so many called them way back when.
I think for some people, they just want to be right for going for a "safe bet". I just want more characters up my alley. Ones like Terry or something. Even if they aren't the top 3 that I shill for.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If part of what they’re doing is going for franchises from companies they’re friendly with, though.

And they can potentially double-dip (feels like they’re running out of big names from completely new dudes, of course there’s still some they could nab; they also want to appeal to different demographics).

And Banjo was easy to get...

And Microsoft and Nintendo were already friendly when it came to Minecraft...

And Minecraft is loved worldwide, and Steve demand is rising...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I kinda checked out of speculation after Banjo.

And I really checked out after Sans.

I’m just enjoying the ride until I decide I’m sick of message boards.
I still like to participate in the background because I'm interested to see what characters people are talking about and which they think are likely, but I don't have much of a personal interest now that I've reached my speculation endgame.
That'll only come back when the next Smash game comes 'round and people start talking about the almost certainly inevitable cuts.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That Kirby vs Godzilla pic is kinda bad *** lmao

that Yoshi pic

I’m simultaneously 8, 9, 10, and 14.
The one with Kirby V.S Godzilla makes me want a new Kirby game where he has the ability to turn gigantic and faces off against massive bosses, would be called "Kirby: Gigantic Catastrophe!" or either "Kirby: Colossal Trouble!". Seeing Giga Bowser makes me want it to be canon in Mario games.

Also Yoshi's 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 15th and 18th expressions is pretty much me.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Or rather, they want their "shill picks," and see any other perceived "shill pick" as unacceptable. There was a 4chan thread when Terry was announced where people were livid about SNK's "shilling" and called people to action, directing them to dislike all their YouTube videos and contact them directly to complain, as though Terry isn't the most major character in a long-running and famous fighting game series. Why? Because it wasn't Edelgard instead.

This isn't to say that this is how all Fire Emblem fans are, or how any fans of anything are--these are just hoodlums on 4chan being hoodlums--but it was a hilarious example of how a lot of this just boils down to "The character I wanted isn't the one we got, so I'm going to complain." Nothing wrong with being disappointed, but ranting about it, let alone organizing campaigns against entire companies over it, is where things get ridiculous.

That's why I try to take a more detached view of things and find excitement even when there's nothing for me to personally be excited about. I thought Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, K. Rool, Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry were all awesome, despite not having ever played a single game in any of their series, all because they're crazy picks that made a bunch of other people happy and added something new to the game in some way.

As opposed to if we got an eighth Fire Emblem character, or another Pokemon.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You'd think out of all characters that could take on kaijus at normal size it'd be my boi (the others just run from them until they get to the button or axe) :yoshi:
I agree, imagine Yoshi, Kirby, Godzilla, Anguirus, Mothra, Kong and Rodan all teaming up and going toe-to-toe against Ghidorah, Destroyah, Monster X, The Male and Female M.U.T.Os with other powerful evil kaijus.
Might draw a picture of that soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

when even Konami is going all in, t
Did somebody say KONAMI!
Yugi Muto for Smash Bros
But in all seriousness, I'm genuinely curious if the whole "Characters must have originated from a Video game" could be stretched a bit in favor of Yugioh.
Technically speaking, Yugioh is still a game, and does have Duel Links, which within it, there are many cards that I could see being using as a character(Dark Magician being the primary example IMO)

Or hell, just use some of DL's OC's. They technically originated from the game, and it wouldn't be that hard to do it Pokemon Trainer style.

edit: shortened the gif a bit so it made more sense.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Or rather, they want their "shill picks," and see any other perceived "shill pick" as unacceptable. There was a 4chan thread when Terry was announced where people were livid about SNK's "shilling" and called people to action, directing them to dislike all their YouTube videos and contact them directly to complain, as though Terry isn't the most major character in a long-running and famous fighting game series. Why? Because it wasn't Edelgard instead.

This isn't to say that this is how all Fire Emblem fans are, or how any fans of anything are--these are just hoodlums on 4chan being hoodlums--but it was a hilarious example of how a lot of this just boils down to "The character I wanted isn't the one we got, so I'm going to complain." Nothing wrong with being disappointed, but ranting about it, let alone organizing campaigns against entire companies over it, is where things get ridiculous.

That's why I try to take a more detached view of things and find excitement even when there's nothing for me to personally be excited about. I thought Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta, K. Rool, Joker, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry were all awesome, despite not having ever played a single game in any of their series, all because they're crazy picks that made a bunch of other people happy and added something new to the game in some way.

As opposed to if we got an eighth Fire Emblem character, or another Pokemon.
If you'd prefer an 8th FE character over our hero Terrance Bogard, you pour the milk before the cereal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @Sans ☆ @Taigiry and some other people I probably forgot, the server is now up. The IP is...
Smashboards1.aternos.me
Ah sorry for being late, still feeling pretty sickly and sleeping a lot. Might check it out once I feel better.

Anyone gotz tips for Crash Team Racing Wumpa coin grinding?
Weekend for the coin bonus. Tiny Arena and Electron Avenue. Repeat till you have the coins you need.
Statistically, Roo's Tube (if done in ~1:20) and Android Alley give out the most coins on a lenght-to-payout ratio. Tiny Arena and Electron Avenue are actually quite bad for grinding.

Edit: Alternatively there's always the Lab Basement trick if you have a controller with turbo buttons.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A bit more evidence that DBFZ miiiiight be getting a Season 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Qw29-L_ReY

I don't know who'd be in the season though. Kefla seems super likely, but that was also the case for Season 2. Maybe we'll see Pikkon too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Kirby rainbow is the one I liked the most. That is sure to lift one's spirit.

Sa, if anyone is interested, I found some wonderful fan-art of my girl :ultbayonetta1:. It was hard to find something that ain't NSFW, so hope I am doing this right...
cereza and jeanne.jpg

zlfjn.jpg

erxdgtfhgj.jpg

What did y'all think? :bowser:

D

Deleted member

The Kirby rainbow is the one I liked the most. That is sure to lift one's spirit.

Sa, if anyone is interested, I found some wonderful fan-art of my girl :ultbayonetta1:. It was hard to find something that ain't NSFW, so hope I am doing this right...

What did y'all think? :bowser:
I'm kinda curious, why does the bible quote in your sig seem to change every time you post?
Speaking of, why do you even have that in your sig in the first place? seems a bit weird to pretty much outright state your religion online.

Especially when those sOOpy dEvIL wORShIPiNg Atheists are always online to ruin your fun! (sarcasm)

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm going back to sleep, bye. I'm really good for nothing right now, can barely even focus.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How do you guys feel about Indivisible? Seems pretty neat. Not the game I'm looking forward to the most, since there's titles I have to backtrack get later like DMC5 and MUA3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's this Dr. Suess cartoon coming out soon. For some reason though, the budget per episode is like 5 million dollars. Other cartoons have like 300,000 bucks per episode instead, so that's a big increase. I hope the animation is nice enough to compensate for the price. And that the teams are paid well too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's this Dr. Suess cartoon coming out soon. For some reason though, the budget per episode is like 5 million dollars. Other cartoons have like 300,000 bucks per episode instead, so that's a big increase. I hope the animation is nice enough to compensate for the price. And that the teams are paid well too.
As long as it doesn’t end up like Cat in the Hat.

I actually kinda like the Horton movie though.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
WHO YA GONNA CALL!.png

If Yoshi was playable in Luigi's Mansion 3. (Him with a Poltergust like Luigi would be awesome to play as.)
"Who ya gonna call!? GHOSTBUSTERS!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom