• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just wondering: Is ledge Trumping a mistake?

I’m saying this because I’m seeing some people in recent year saying that edgehogging is fair and balanced, since the person who is launched offstage should be fully punished.

Here’s what I mean:

As someone who casually plays Ultimate, it's solidly built around edge guarding without needing the Melee ledge trick. Every character worth using has a degree of offstage game that can be taken advantage of.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Been inside all day waiting for my mom to come home so I can get a ride to the gym and as soon as she walks in the door it starts pouring outside. Apparently a tropical storm is gonna hit my area.
heck :(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway, as of now, only 6 non-legendary Gen 1 Pokemon have no evolution ties:
Ditto
Lapras
Tauros
Pincir
Kangaskan
Aerodactyl

However, 3 of these can Mega evolve, which leaves us with
Ditto
Tauros
Lapras
Give me Minotauros
1568843965708.png

(I’ve seen better concepts but I can’t find them atm)
Or:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What was so bad about it? Sjws are pretty annoying 90% of the time.
I've been thinking for a good half hour about how I should respond to this because considering your age I feel it's important to not let this sort of mindset linger. I was going to go on a tangent about how you'll wind up surrounding yourself with reactionaries who shun any change for the better and not even be able to tell who is a straight up racist/misogynist/transphobe, about how you'll become more and more ignorant, and overall really unlikable as a person. Instead, I'm going to say this: There are far worse things happening in the world that deserve far more attention than some random person saying something mean about some privileged majority on their twitter.com. You focus on these select few people that have no real impact on your life, you'll lose sight of what's important. And more importantly, it's an ugly ass waste of time. You could be doing stuff that makes you happy or is productive for the world, but if you focus on some people who have good intentions and just happen to be a little annoying about it, you'll find yourself being miserable without even realizing it. It's easier to ignore an annoying person than you realize, so just move on with your day.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Heard about Sirfetch'd at school. Not exactly the knight Pokémon I was expecting the whole time, nor did I expect it to be Fighting-type, but it looks cool enough for my interests.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
How in the world have people already been able to make so many of these
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Bonus:
:p
Okay okay, I'll stop

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Bonus:
Okay okay, I'll stop
Not enough eyebrows on that bonus one.

Shroob

Sup?
Bonus:
Okay okay, I'll stop
God damn that last one doe

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I finished it!
pixil-frame-0 (2).png

The Dark World reminded me of the Metaverse, probably since it's some secret, magical world that no one knows about. Gave me this idea.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey guys, I'm back. Took some time playing Smash Flash 2 with the process of maining more of Black Mage & Bandana Dee. I've been progressing pretty well with the few training matches and battling Lv. 9 CPUs, in one match I got close to winning without losing a life.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've been thinking for a good half hour about how I should respond to this because considering your age I feel it's important to not let this sort of mindset linger. I was going to go on a tangent about how you'll wind up surrounding yourself with reactionaries who shun any change for the better and not even be able to tell who is a straight up racist/misogynist/transphobe, about how you'll become more and more ignorant, and overall really unlikable as a person. Instead, I'm going to say this: There are far worse things happening in the world that deserve far more attention than some random person saying something mean about some privileged majority on their twitter.com. You focus on these select few people that have no real impact on your life, you'll lose sight of what's important. And more importantly, it's an ugly *** waste of time. You could be doing stuff that makes you happy or is productive for the world, but if you focus on some people who have good intentions and just happen to be a little annoying about it, you'll find yourself being miserable without even realizing it. It's easier to ignore an annoying person than you realize, so just move on with your day.
Twitter has got to be the worst place for politics. So many people say so much out of pocket crap to earn themselves brownie points for being woke. Like recently, some drunk dude drove straight into a Trump hotel or something, and people in the replies were praising him, even though people's lives could have been in grave danger.

Like, Twitter has funny memes and cool art, but stay away from the politics.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Twitter has got to be the worst place for politics. So many people say so much out of pocket crap to earn themselves brownie points for being woke. Like recently, some drunk dude drove straight into a Trump hotel or something, and people in the replies were praising him, even though people's lives could have been in grave danger.

True that, my man.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Twitter is just a terrible place discuss anything controversial in general.

You can do something stupid like dump a smoothie on a guy who a majority of the users dislike, become a hero, and literally start a trend online, but if you try something similar with someone a majority of the users like, you get flooded with comments about how you should be charged for battery and assault and put in prison.

The smoothie thing wasn't an example I pulled from my head either. It actually happened.

Shroob

Sup?
Twitter is just a terrible place discuss anything controversial in general.

You can do something stupid like dump a smoothie on a guy who a majority of the users dislike, become a hero, and literally start a trend online, but if you try something similar with someone a majority of the users like, you get flooded with comments about how you should be charged for battery and assault and put in prison.

The smoothie thing wasn't an example I pulled from my head either. It actually happened.
So that's what got ya thrown in here with the rest of us convicts, huh?

How long ya in for?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So that's what got ya thrown in here with the rest of us convicts, huh?

How long ya in for?
Setting aside what their punishment should be, throwing objects or threatening to hurt someone is a really immature method of dealing with people you don't like.

I'm hoping these sort of things backfire on the people who did them, but it's disappointing when there's so many people online encouraging this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I prefer to call it the “demographic” theory
:ultjoker: appealed primarily to JRPG fans who are PS loyalists and don’t own a Switch, thus serving as an incentive to get one (worldwide)
:ulthero: appealed to Japanese fans mainly
:ultbanjokazooie: Appealed to the English speaking (North America and PAL regions) market
:ult_terry: appealed to audiences in Latin America and China (the latter because SNK is partnered with Chinese gaming giant Tencent) especially considering Tencent will help Nintendo release the Switch in China officially

...the final pass character will be a character that appeals to female gamers, mark my words. Either a male character from a game females often play (like Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton) or an empowering female lead character (2B, KOS-MOS, Elma)
Tracer....
Katalina...
Lara Croft....

D

Deleted member

I prefer to call it the “demographic” theory
:ultjoker: appealed primarily to JRPG fans who are PS loyalists and don’t own a Switch, thus serving as an incentive to get one (worldwide)
:ulthero: appealed to Japanese fans mainly
:ultbanjokazooie: Appealed to the English speaking (North America and PAL regions) market
:ult_terry: appealed to audiences in Latin America and China (the latter because SNK is partnered with Chinese gaming giant Tencent) especially considering Tencent will help Nintendo release the Switch in China officially

...the final pass character will be a character that appeals to female gamers, mark my words. Either a male character from a game females often play (like Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton) or an empowering female lead character (2B, KOS-MOS, Shantae, Elma)
Fixed it for ya:4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom