• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Fair.....

Jeese. There really ISNT another franchise you can do that idea with. Even with other monster catching games.
I think Pokemon Trainer will be the only type of fighter of it's kind. The only type of franchise that justifies development of three characters is Pokemon due to how successful and big it is.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, if they were going to do the "X" characters in one gimmick again, Terry would have been where to do it since a lot of Fighting Games have tag-out mechanics, KoF being one.

But they most likely aren't.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, if they were going to do the "X" characters in one gimmick again, Terry would have been where to do it since a lot of Fighting Games have tag-out mechanics, KoF being one.

But they most likely aren't.
Honestly yeah. A character like that as dlc would take 3x as long to develop and probably be 3x the price. Not a very efficient use of their time.

I just think it’s a crime that such a cool gimmick can only be used with ONE franchise. There HAS to be something.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly yeah. A character like that as dlc would take 3x as long to develop and probably be 3x the price. Not a very efficient use of their time.

I just think it’s a crime that such a cool gimmick can only be used with ONE franchise. There HAS to be something.
Well, technicalities aside, Zelda/Sheik had the same ability.

I miss their switching abilities, btw. I wouldn't trade it for Phantom Blade, but still... It'd still cool to have, especially now that they are closer to each other in terms of competitive viability and character changing is actually useful for once.

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty much, if not pulling from Fighting Games, I can't imagine another game where a tag-out mechanic would be appropriate to represent the 3 characters.

'Maybe' Youkai Watch? Never played the games.

Alternatively, if you want to go full ****ing "Wild West" in terms of thinking, the only other thing that I could think of is pull a Duck Hunt Duo/Trio and have like.... a bunch of NES characters who aren't big enough to stand on their own, so they're called "NES TRIO" or some **** idfk

osby

Smash Obsessed
Like. I suppose you COULD get away with doing Digimon or Yo-Kai Watch that way. But... idk. That still feels like a boring way to do it.
Forcing it, but: Make our Persona 5 rep a full party with Joker, Panther, Mona and Skull. Instead of Rebel's Guard, each member can switch to the next with Baton Pass.

Skull is tanky and strong, but has a bad recovery. Mona has amazing recovery with useful projectiles but lacks in weight and range. Panther hits like a truck and got a great reach but is awful at escaping pressure.

...****, now I want this.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Honestly, i rather like Red being the only character with a stance switch mechanic

the aesthetic gimmick of there being someone behind the fight that acts as the "actual" character is pretty powerful

i just wish they were able to implement Red actually platforming with his Mons like Brawl tried to do
that way it would be easier to see him, since his presence is part of the point of him being a fighter

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Reminder that we're getting Pokemon news today (in like an hour I think?) - don't think it's a livestream, but more of a video drop like how they did Galarian forms

Hoping we're getting more than just regional Farfetch'd lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that we're getting Pokemon news today (in like an hour I think?) - don't think it's a livestream, but more of a video drop like how they did Galarian forms

Hoping we're getting more than just regional Farfetch'd lol
I want evolutions. They’ve already lost me on buying the game (though I might put it on my Christmas list), but i’ve been waiting to see the evolutions to finally seal my Evil Pokémon Team design so I can share the idea with y’all. Remember that? @Taylor F Gyrom8 Gyrom8 @JDCabrera Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Noipoi Noipoi and Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane all agreed to be my admins.

Speaking of, Gwen, I still need the rest of your team.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Today marks my one week anniversary of owning a Switch

Gotta say, it's one heck of a console.

It's pretty sweet that I'm able to play home console tier AAA games on the go

Oh, and Smash Ultimate is the absolute bomb.

Already a genuine contender for one of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

What is your favorite game of all time, currently?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

One thing I love about the Switch its the simplicity of the gimmick, there's not nearly as much pressure for developers to utilize something like motion controls or a touchscreen like on past consoles, they just have to make great games, and then the whole home+handheld console thing takes care of itself. I also really appreciate how it has solved other past issues, like software drought is nowhere nearly as big of a concern since they don't have to split their IPs between two consoles anymore, having a home console Fire Emblem and a portable 3D Zelda are only possible because of this. For me personally it also eliminates that feeling of "I'm so happy we got this game, but I wish it was on the home console instead", some people probably felt the opposite way, but either way it's just nice that it doesn't have to be a problem anymore.

Oh, and the games are pretty great as well, so that helps.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So apparently you can get a free year of NSO if you have Amazon Prime. Is it worth it? Like, I can’t think of a single reason to do it. Retro games? Not interested, unless they add DKC. Online play? No thanks. I have better things to do with my life than get creamed in Smash. Like, maybe if they had free MODERN games. Or discounts or something. Idk. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me. And it’s FREE!

I hate modern online services. I’m just sick of subscriptions in general. I’d rather just buy the games I want on their own instead of getting a bunch of stuff I don’t (like seriously, why can’t Xbox Game Pass just be a $60 gift card every month that you can spend however you want. Plus, then you loose access to it if you can’t make the payment one year so even if you do find a good game, you gotta keep up with that bill or it’s gone forever. As opposed to just buying it once and no one can ever take it away. Or the game could just get taken out because of shifting corporate standings. I don’t get it and I don’t get why people like it. This feels like an idea that should have died.)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So apparently you can get a free year of NSO if you have Amazon Prime. Is it worth it? Like, I can’t think of a single reason to do it. Retro games? Not interested, unless they add DKC. Online play? No thanks. I have better things to do with my life than get creamed in Smash. Like, maybe if they had free MODERN games. Or discounts or something. Idk. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me. And it’s FREE!

I hate modern online services. I’m just sick of subscriptions in general. I’d rather just buy the games I want on their own instead of getting a bunch of stuff I don’t (like seriously, why can’t Xbox Game Pass just be a $60 gift card every month that you can spend however you want. Plus, then you loose access to it if you can’t make the payment one year so even if you do find a good game, you gotta keep up with that bill or it’s gone forever. As opposed to just buying it once and no one can ever take it away. Or the game could just get taken out because of shifting corporate standings. I don’t get it and I don’t get why people like it. This feels like an idea that should have died.)
What's wrong with it being free? I mean... if it's free, you might as well (I mean, assuming you already have Prime, of course)

I personally took advantage of the offer, and probably wouldn't have forked over the $20 otherwise

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What's wrong with it being free? I mean... if it's free, you might as well (I mean, assuming you already have Prime, of course)

I personally took advantage of the offer, and probably wouldn't have forked over the $20 otherwise
I don’t know. I just don’t see the point. Like, sure it’s free. But it doesn’t give you anything of real value.

Well, I would be able to download some custom stages.....

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know. I just don’t see the point. Like, sure it’s free. But it doesn’t give you anything of real value..
"Real value" is subjective. Just because you don't have anything to gain from online services doesn't mean nobody does.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

After the **** box that was the Wii U, the Switch is a blessing. Portable, large library of games...I love it.

Except its internal storage. Also wish we had more recent releases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom