• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
U-Smash's power didn't get touched? If it was always this weak I don't think it should've been nerfed bad in the first place. I did a purple U-Smash to a 120% K. Rool today and it only sent him to the center battlefield platform.

Yeah, I'm prob overreacting to his nerfs, especially since I played him most in doubles today. But damn, they need to fix his shield. Nobody should have a full shield that doesn't protect you from half the attacks in the game.
In all fairness K.Rool is the second heaviest character in the game and a lot of Up Smashes won't kill him at 120%.

Anyway think the Up Smash nerf had more to do with Up Smash being a powerful combo that also happened to be safe on shield then it had to do with kill power. Now it still combos but it isn't as safe. I think that's fair, but I also don't play Olimar much so *shrug*.

The shield thing is definitely unfair, but is also almost definitely and oversight. It's kind of surprising they haven't fixed it yet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I think aunt may be in the hospital a little longer... her blood pressure seems a bit low

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
September can’t come fast enough. We gotta find out who the last two characters are. Either through leaks, or official reveals, or datamine, or something.

You know, I hate that the whole “title card reveal” thing is so hype inducing. I’ve always wanted a reveal trailer like what NRS does. We don’t get gameplay, we just see who everyone is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the topic of female characters, if they go third party, there's Jill or Lara Croft. Maybe Chun-Li too, but I don't see her get requests too much compared to Jill. But I wouldn't complain about more SF or MM characters in Smash. I didn't even think about Kos-Mos much, but I could see it happening.

If it's first party, Dixie or Elma still should have a shot. Not sure if Fiora does. She seems like she's in a similar camp as Mega Man X and the other Mega Men, in that it'd be dope if they pulled a Chrom, but isn't super likely for this particular title.

TBH everything that's happened with Smash in the past couple months has felt like one really long Bruh moment
Well, that's not wrong.

I wonder if there is any chance of a Project X Zone character in Smash? And i mean an original one.
I'd be pretty disappointed if one of the OCs from NxC/PXZ showed up instead of literally any notable Capcom/Namco/Sega character.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sorry to bring up a harsh topic but since this was discussed a couple days ago, the girl who supposedly killed herself after being bullied for wanting Ashley is in fact still alive. Story goes that a friend who had access to her account posted the suicide note without her knowing.
Whether or not it's a coverup for a bad joke or an actual abuse of trust, at least this ended somewhat okay.
...Well, at least the fandom got a reminder of the potential consequences of bullying. Great to hear she's alive.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of female characters, if they go third party, there's Jill or Lara Croft. Maybe Chun-Li too, but I don't see her get requests too much compared to Jill. But I wouldn't complain about more SF or MM characters in Smash. I didn't even think about Kos-Mos much, but I could see it happening.

If it's first party, Dixie or Elma still should have a shot. Not sure if Fiora does. She seems like she's in a similar camp as Mega Man X and the other Mega Men, in that it'd be dope if they pulled a Chrom, but isn't super likely for this particular title.

Well, that's not wrong.

I'd be pretty disappointed if one of the OCs from NxC/PXZ showed up instead of literally any notable Capcom/Namco/Sega character.
Jill and Lara would both be amazing. I’m not sure we’ll see either though. Although I am starting to prep for a Resident Evil Character. Just in case.

R O F L

Smash Ace
In all fairness K.Rool is the second heaviest character in the game and a lot of Up Smashes won't kill him at 120%.

Anyway think the Up Smash nerf had more to do with Up Smash being a powerful combo that also happened to be safe on shield then it had to do with kill power. Now it still combos but it isn't as safe. I think that's fair, but I also don't play Olimar much so *shrug*.

The shield thing is definitely unfair, but is also almost definitely and oversight. It's kind of surprising they haven't fixed it yet.
Yeah, U-Smash was a super-powerful combo tool. It's biggest weakness pre-patch was it's low horizontal range, you had to get right up close to the person to use it, something Olimar doesn't really do. I understand why they nerfed it, but it feels kinda on the useless side now. U-tilt seems to be outright better than it now.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ike, 3D, Kirby, Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Ganon, Ness, Lucas,

He’s been pissing me off since sm4sh
It seems like you need a character who's not only fast, but also has decent enough range to out-zone him and avoid his combos.

You want a character who's fast? You want a character who can get around his moves easily and out-zone him? You want a character who can take him out relatively easily?

Then you have two options: either pick a character that counters his weaknesses well, or pick a character that you have so much good chemistry with that it doesn't matter who you play because you'll win in the end.

And since you have many favorite characters and yet nothing's panned out, instead of searching for "chemistry", pick a character who can counter Doc's weaknesses easily.

And my top two recommendations for you? Fox and Lucina :ultfox::ultlucina:
Fox is fast. Super fast. And yes, he's very easy to combo. But as long as you stay out of Doc's range, you'll be fine. And since Fox's attack range is pretty decent AND he's got a lot of tools that keep him safe, what's stopping you aside from his hard learning curve? And Lucina might be Doc's worst matchup. Lucina's really good. She's fallen off a bit after nerfs, but she's fast, has excellent range, and her KO power is reliable. If your mains aren't doing it...try counterpicking as one of those two.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know she’s not super likely but if Cynthia got in and went the :ultpokemontrainer: route, it’s highly possible she’d bring three playable female characters at once. Her Garchomp, Spiritomb, Milotic and Roserade and a few other likely ones are all female

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I think aunt may be in the hospital a little longer... her blood pressure seems a bit low
Here's to hoping she'll be a-okay.

Jill and Lara would both be amazing. I’m not sure we’ll see either though. Although I am starting to prep for a Resident Evil Character. Just in case.
If we get an RE character, I feel it'll be a toss up between Jill and Leon. Maaaaaybe Chris, but I think people are kind of tired of him showing up in the last 2(technically 3)MvC titles. Whether that actually means anything is anyone's guess.

The Redfield siblings are pretty important, but I feel like they kind of played second fiddle to Jill and Leon in the earlier titles.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
It seems like you need a character who's not only fast, but also has decent enough range to out-zone him and avoid his combos.

You want a character who's fast? You want a character who can get around his moves easily and out-zone him? You want a character who can take him out relatively easily?

Then you have two options: either pick a character that counters his weaknesses well, or pick a character that you have so much good chemistry with that it doesn't matter who you play because you'll win in the end.

And since you have many favorite characters and yet nothing's panned out, instead of searching for "chemistry", pick a character who can counter Doc's weaknesses easily.

And my top two recommendations for you? Fox and Lucina :ultfox::ultlucina:
Fox is fast. Super fast. And yes, he's very easy to combo. But as long as you stay out of Doc's range, you'll be fine. And since Fox's attack range is pretty decent AND he's got a lot of tools that keep him safe, what's stopping you aside from his hard learning curve? And Lucina might be Doc's worst matchup. Lucky really good. She's fallen off a bit after nerfs, but she's fast, has excellent range, and her KO power is reliable. If your mains aren't doing it...try counterpicking as one of those two.
Yeah, I’ve been meaning to pick up Fox for a while, just to learn how. Honestly, I prefer picking low tier characters to give myself a challenge.
Dedede is my main. IDK why, but I’m pretty good with him. I just wish I could see Mario’s PHD to confirm his authenticity.
Thanks for the help!

Striga

Smash Journeyman
If we get an RE character, I feel it'll be a toss up between Jill and Leon. Maaaaaybe Chris, but I think people are kind of tired of him showing up in the last 2(technically 3)MvC titles. Whether that actually means anything is anyone's guess.

The Redfield siblings are pretty important, but I feel like they kind of played second fiddle to Jill and Leon in the earlier titles.
I’m in full agreement that if Resident Evil is considered for Smash, it’ll be down to Jill or Leon. I root for the latter character because Jill got be in a crossover game where she could punch The Hulk in the face. I think it’s time Leon gets that spotlight.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Maybe it’ll be a case where we get both Leon and Jill with one being an echo of the other?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's to hoping she'll be a-okay.

I still think the best way to do RE would be to do Leon with a Chris alt, and Jill as an echo with a Claire alt. But that’s a little to elaborate for this. I think something that elaborate would have to be base game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I know she’s not super likely but if Cynthia got in and went the :ultpokemontrainer: route, it’s highly possible she’d bring three playable female characters at once. Her Garchomp, Spiritomb, Milotic and Roserade and a few other likely ones are all female
I just realized that between the Pokemon Trainer ideas I've had in my head for a while, only one (Hoenn Trainer) would have a chance to be male, and another would have to have a member of a line (Chansey's) that can only be female.
Nah. Echo Fighters aren’t are part of DLC IIRC.
Alts then.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I just kinda want girl joker with shotgun tbh but if sakurai wanted to throw in tom nook as part of the deal I'd totally be down for it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My PowerA controller left stick is drifting.

Should I try to fix it myself or am I better off buying a new one (it had no warranty)?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Unpopular opinion : I prefer the new textures :teeth: ^^'
I like both, but the new ones are certainly nice.

At first, I didn't like them; some seemed like plastic or something, and some were off in other ways, but then their texture artist made it all look good after listening to feedback. Really I shouldn't have judged them early on, though if everyone approved of those early versions they likely would've been added, I guess.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I like both, but the new ones are certainly nice.

At first, I didn't like them; some seemed like plastic or something, and some were off in other ways, but then their texture artist made it all look good after listening to feedback. Really I shouldn't have judged them early on, though if everyone approved of those early versions they likely would've been added, I guess.
I didn't followed the news about the game at this time, just heard about a future firecamp so I redownloaded the game (with the snapshot at the time) and then I saw all new textures when I started a map and was like "hey wtf is going on ?!" ^^ and I directly liked the new textures.
The only one I miss is the chiseled quartz (okay that's very precise lol).
And the better "improvement" for me is the netherack (the old one was so aggressive for the eyes lol).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not that anybody necessarily cares about my teaching career, but I was originally told by another teacher that I would be teaching 9th and 11th grade, which is a tough break. 11th grade in NYS has the pressure of passing the Regents exam. This would have been different from last year because I was teaching 12th grade, which allotted me more freedom. But I was set for 9th.

After going in today, it turns out I'm not teaching 11th any more. I'm actually slated for 9th and 12th, which is...basically a dream scenario for me. It's not that I can't teach under pressure of passing exams, but my own educational philosophy more or less is undermined by simply teaching kids how to pass a State exam all year. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

Sure, I won't be able to dump all my time on a Monday into Three Houses. But at least I can talk with students about things that matter, and have them read and write about things that matter too. Super hyped!

StormC

Smash Hero
Been playing Yoshi's Crafted World.

I could only get all the flowers on this level if I cleared it with all the Pups in less than 3:30 time.

I didn't think I was gonna make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom