• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Got :ultkrool:, but now I need the rest of Link's tree.
If you do fail some of the first time attempts at unlocking, King K. Rool has some severely strong hitting attacks that can easily unlock a character. He's great for rematches. I can't remember a single time I lost using him to unlock someone. Ever. And many other characters got slaughtered(Zelda has really good A.I., hoo boy).

...Less great for competitive play, though.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Putting episodes on accelerated speed is saving me plenty of time. And yet, I still feel engaged anyway. This is nice lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
King K. Rool has some severely strong hitting attacks that can easily unlock a character.
He was my first character I unlocked and when I used him in Classic Mode.:ulticeclimbers:severely kicked my ***. Either they were OP as some of the unlocking challengers tend to be at times whereas other times they're easy to defeat or I'm just a noob at playing.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He was my first character I unlocked and when I used him in Classic Mode.:ulticeclimbers:severely kicked my ***. Either they were OP as some of the unlocking challengers tend to be at times whereas other times they're easy to defeat or I'm just a noob at playing.
I mean, to be fair, he isn't going to be the best choice against every character, heh.

I forget who I used to unlock that duo. I might've beaten 'em first try, though?

Iridium

Smash Hero
You have at least 4 characters to go through before YL at least, dunno when TL will show up
Oh, 2 characters after YL.

EC0C1CBC-EB61-4C12-9D0C-DF5B31772C3F.jpeg

Going according to this.

If you do fail some of the first time attempts at unlocking, King K. Rool has some severely strong hitting attacks that can easily unlock a character. He's great for rematches. I can't remember a single time I lost using him to unlock someone. Ever. And many other characters got slaughtered(Zelda has really good A.I., hoo boy).

...Less great for competitive play, though.
That reminds me, were Lv. 9 CPUs that crazy pre-patch? Never got to try my luck against them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That reminds me, were Lv. 9 CPUs that crazy pre-patch? Never got to try my luck against them.
No clue. I didn't start playing till the first patch. A.I. Unlock battles were fairly insane still.

Level 9 computers might be lower A.I.?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't it be great if the female fighting game character theory is true but instead of Kasumi its Nakoruru relating to that bird theory a while back and she and Doom Slayer were the last two DLC fighters.

I'd be damn satisfied. Both she and Doom Slayer would be both icing on cake and once again each of the DLC represents their genre.

:ultjoker:: Role-Playing
:ulthero:: JRPG
:ultbanjokazooie:: Platforming
Nakoruru: Fighting
Doom Slayer: FPS

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
He's got short, stubby limbs. And he's much slower than regular Mario. Camping him out will be a good first step. Spacing him out is also quite easy to do because of his short, small hitboxes. He DOES have strong KO power, so that needs to be a factor that you must be careful with, but if you are able to keep the stock lead you should be fine. And his combos are deceptively good. Don't let him get in, because once Doc gets in you'll be in for some pain.
How do I keep him out if I don’t have projectiles or any attacks fast enough?

R O F L

Smash Ace
Am I doing something wrong, or did they remove all custom stages from shared content?
I can't find any stages I downloaded before with the keyword search thing.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hey guys.
I don’t know why
But I CAN’T STAND Dr. Mario. I have such a hard time fighting him and playing as him. I can play pretty much anyone else except Bayonase, Poker, Beach (and Lazy). Could someone please help me? Another reason why I might hate him is those pills... I’m color blind. I just realized this. I can never track those pills.

Anyhoo,
How do I beat a Dr. Mario? That cheap rip off of Mario. Until I see his P.H.D. I’m not trusting him with anything.
Dr. Mario has trash recovery, so if you can launch him off the stage, try gimping him. Meteor Smashes and aeriels that come out fast are really helpful. If you're having trouble getting him off the stage, try staying close to the edge and grabbing him when he approaches you, then throw him off.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Sorry to bring up a harsh topic but since this was discussed a couple days ago, the girl who supposedly killed herself after being bullied for wanting Ashley is in fact still alive. Story goes that a friend who had access to her account posted the suicide note without her knowing.
Whether or not it's a coverup for a bad joke or an actual abuse of trust, at least this ended somewhat okay.
It looked very fake from the get go, but glad there's some confirmation. Not sure if I believe the story about her "friend" but it doesn't matter.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Sorry to bring up a harsh topic but since this was discussed a couple days ago, the girl who supposedly killed herself after being bullied for wanting Ashley is in fact still alive. Story goes that a friend who had access to her account posted the suicide note without her knowing.
Whether or not it's a coverup for a bad joke or an actual abuse of trust, at least this ended somewhat okay.
I'm glad to hear that! But that was a cruel joke for everyone...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't it be great if the female fighting game character theory is true but instead of Kasumi its Nakoruru relating to that bird theory a while back and she and Doom Slayer were the last two DLC fighters.

I'd be damn satisfied. Both she and Doom Slayer would be both icing on cake and once again each of the DLC represents their genre.

:ultjoker:: Role-Playing
:ulthero:: JRPG
:ultbanjokazooie:: Platforming
Nakoruru: Fighting
Doom Slayer: FPS
We still need a second Namco character. And a Tekken character could easily fill that fighting game slot.

(I know none of you agree with this, but I still think Namco has enough worthy characters to warrant a second slot)

Also, what’s the difference between “role playing” and “jrpg”? I’ve heard Persona 5 be called a JRPG plenty.

I still want a female character, but I have no idea who it could be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking DoA, then I would still go with Hayabusa, but that's more so due to his own titles. Kasumi's the lead of the DoA titles anyhow. Though I never used her much so I dunno what crazy moves she'll actually be able to use, unlike with Hayabusa. DoA's popular, but not nearly as much as Tekken or MK, nor does it have quite the legacy as VF, though VF hasn't had a game in a long.

Is this just gonna lead to more Bruh moments or not?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We still need a second Namco character. And a Tekken character could easily fill that fighting game slot.

(I know none of you agree with this, but I still think Namco has enough worthy characters to warrant a second slot)

Also, what’s the difference between “role playing” and “jrpg”? I’ve heard Persona 5 be called a JRPG plenty.

KOS-MOS comes to mind. Sounds like an out there/sleeper/dark horse pick Sakurai could pull off and no one would expect as he's full of surprises since we never once would had expected Joker.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What the heck did they do to Olimar, this is my first time playing him since he got nerfed and damn. U-Smash doesn't kill, Shield legit doesn't work, and F-smash is a crap ton weaker. I get that he was real good, but playing him now feels miserable.
Placebo happened, mostly. The timing of F-smash's early and late hits got adjusted which might make it just slightly harder to kill with, but Up Smash's knockback didn't get touched at all. That's all in your head.

Rember that nerfs always feel worse then they really are.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

I wonder if there is any chance of a Project X Zone character in Smash? And i mean an original one.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
remember dudes, RPG stands for Sandbox game according to 2011/2012 people complaining about enchantment tables and the ender dragon in Minecraft.

let's get the anime pickaxe fighter in.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Placebo happened, mostly. The timing of F-smash's early and late hits got adjusted which might make it just slightly harder to kill with, but Up Smash's knockback didn't get touched at all. That's all in your head.

Rember that nerfs always feel worse then they really are.
U-Smash's power didn't get touched? If it was always this weak I don't think it should've been nerfed bad in the first place. I did a purple U-Smash to a 120% K. Rool today and it only sent him to the center battlefield platform.

Yeah, I'm prob overreacting to his nerfs, especially since I played him most in doubles today. But damn, they need to fix his shield. Nobody should have a full shield that doesn't protect you from half the attacks in the game.

Haven't heard of this story before, but good to know she's okay.

Any arenas going on rn? It's been forever since I've been in a Smash Boards arena.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
KOS-MOS comes to mind. Sounds like an out there/sleeper/dark horse pick Sakurai could pull off and no one would expect as he's full of surprises since we never once would had expected Joker.
KOS-MOS and Cooking Mama. That would be... weird. I don’t think it’s likely he’ll triple dip on RPGs though. That is what Xenosaga is, right?
I wonder if there is any chance of a Project X Zone character in Smash? And i mean an original one.
I mean.... it’s possible.... I don’t know why they’d pick it though.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Wow. So it was a sham. I hope that kid gets serious help in the future. That’s all I’m going to say, as I’m 100% done with this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom