• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I'd be against it. I want some first-parties on the pass, but it'd be disappointing if one of them was just an eighth FE rep.

I agree. I would not mind having another FE rep however, I would choose a different First Party rep. before another FE rep.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I agree. I would not mind having another FE rep however, I would choose a different First Party rep. before another FE rep.
We should AT LEAST have another Xenoblade rep. Especially considering the slap in the face Rex fans got with that Mii costume...

I’m still hoping for Elma myself

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
If that possibly meant that we will get a 3H rep. What is everyone’s thoughts on getting a 3H rep?
Honestly for me, it kinda feels very unlikely for a Three Houses character to be playable at this point. ...But, how would you guys react if we got a character from Heroes instead?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Any of you remember that guy who was all like "YoU CaRE MorE AbOUt A PlaStiC BoX aNd ViDeO GaMes ThAn MoViEs", while said dude was a HUGE MCU shill. That was next level "You hate to see it." But seeing all the Gonna Cry Emo Tobey memes made it funny.

Also, yeah, I care more about Insomniac's Peter because he's a better interpretation of the character than any of the movies. But I still want the deal to be sorted out because there's plenty of people who like Holland's Spider-Man. But Disney was on some bull**** though I guess some people don't care about that.

And I didn't wait 10 ****ing years for you ****** NOT to do a movie of the Spider-Man vs Wolverine comic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can we all agree that, no matter what 3H rep we want, they better give us lots of 3H music and not say, a single song remixed into oblivion? (You had one job Ultimate :ultcorrinf:!)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This "no more FE characters" stuff is funny.
"No, I dont want an 8th FE character but a 9th pokemon character is fine"
To be fair, it doesn't require as much of a leap of faith with Pokemon as it does with FE. Aside from Pichu, none of the Pokemon characters play anything like each other. The options are a lot more varied with the magical animal creatures than the human characters who typically rely on a weapon.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Tearing Through Haven isnt in the game I'll...... Do something! I dont know what
If I was at your place, I send a pizza with pineaples on it to Nintendo for their crime.

That's true revenge right there.

D

Deleted member

considering how much of a bad rep dead or alive gets I wouldn't count on it

unless this is just a joke about kasumi persona
No this isn’t a joke

Also persona/Altus doesn’t have that much rep either

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This "no more FE characters" stuff is funny.
"No, I dont want an 8th FE character but a 9th pokemon character is fine"
It's funnier when someone says that 10 Pokemon is too many and it should just be the most basic normie mons minus Eevee, while still wanting Geno.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I find these 2 very likely
Kasumi and Doom Slayer? After seeing PapaGeno's video that mentioned Kasumi, I've been thinking about her and I'd really like her, even if DoA gets a bad rep. I just want at least one female for DLC ;-;

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But I like Pineapple pizza so if I order one, It would end up there in an empty box because I would of eaten it
Even better!

Give them the false hope of eating a pizza after a long, hard day of work, only to gain a empty box!

The Perfect Revenge!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’d comment on the current discussion, but I’ll say this: Three Houses and Gen 8 have a much higher prospect of getting newcomers if there is a Season 2. Because I don’t expect that myself, I don’t find either likely.

However, for me, it comes down to gameplay and engaging with the character. I myself would be excited for Edelgard, because she’s a good character with actually developed traits. She brings an axe, battalions, and of course the loathed Crest system.

I don’t have much information on any viable 8th Gen Pokémon, so I can’t really comment on which ones I would be interested in.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m very much over rep talk and find that arguing “X series can’t get another character before Y series because they have enough” is trivial and a waste of time.

Then again I’ve also read some really ridiculous takes on Fire Emblem in Smash over the last few days so I’m already jaded from the conversation. The roster, imo, is mischaracterized by a good portion of people who speculate the roster. In my opinion, anyway.

I guess I kinda...commented on the discussion.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Banjo's music if fine, far better music than most of Crash's. But out of all the 90's 3D Platformer Mascots, Spyro's is the most heat.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
lots of people doubted banjo as the ms rep and belived Steve would get in before him when Sakurai tweeted About Nintendo doing dlc
alright then.

Based on stuff I've seen, Steve feels like he'd be a fanpick now if he gets in, so that's funny in retrospect. Dang people crapping on him just because "corporate picks" while ignoring his popularity. It's bad enough Mojang seems to be ignoring their own fans and they seem to think naming a character with their own design somehow doesn't separate the character from just being the player/somehow doesn't make the character similar to Link. At least a couple of Mojang employees tried to give their own thoughts as to what Steve and Alex would think in response to a question instead of saying "they're you!" (yeah, as much as I'm Mario or Link); still, they're being blind to a whole lot of fans.

As for Kasumi and Ryu, I guess Kasumi is more-likely if they were looking at Dead or Alive (she's the protagonist, I guess?), but they could still pick from Ninja Gaiden. Of course, both could get in anyway if they want.

Admittedly, two from the same company in one game or DLC cycle seems unlikely, but they could very well still break that expectation fans have.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I was checking my twitter timeline for any new notifications, and I saw a retweet featuring this really well made character fan render of Conker being in Smash. This was made by Eman Pelletier, for those who want to know who made this.

And here's the render in full detail, along with an alternate color palette based on Berry I found in the comment section of the tweet:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom