• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pulse check:

If you have bought the Fighters Pass already, do you feel like it's been worth it for the $25 so far, with the 3 of 5 fighters we know? Or are you still hoping the last two fighters will be what makes it worthwhile?
Oh yeah. Definitely. Joker was amazing and I’m super looking forward to Banjo. And Hero’s at least interesting, even if I don’t use him that much. I certainly don’t hate playing as him.

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping everyone in Brazil can get him out of office ASAP. Considering you live there, I couldn't imagine how it must feel.
I hear many who voted for him regret it and the sentiment grows between them with each **** up he does but it's still going to take a lot and I doubt an impeachment is likely when even some people on the left goes "well but his vice-president is worse"(which is true but it's a real bad mentality to have).
I doubt he'd get re-elected in 3 years but I bet that at that point people will have forgotten all the **** he did so unless he keeps up the pace it'll be just shrugged off(though I'd hope he doesn't keep it).

Ahem, I guess some positivity is need now so have the Emperor dabbing
IMG_20190815_194400.jpg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pulse check:

If you have bought the Fighters Pass already, do you feel like it's been worth it for the $25 so far, with the 3 of 5 fighters we know? Or are you still hoping the last two fighters will be what makes it worthwhile?
I feel like it's worth it so far. Sure, I blindly bought it at launch but the characters are fun. Joker and Hero may not have been on my radar prior to their reveals but still well made. And Banjo & Kazooie DEFINITELY made my purchase worth it. Plus I like the Spirit battles.

I have no regrets buying it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I...

What?

Did Grant Kirkhope do something to piss you off?
No, I actually respect him as he's genuinely a good person last I checked. The rest of the music was just incredibly forgettable except the repetitive ass gold feather theme and Gruntilda's Lair but that's literally just a nursery rhyme I heard all the time as a toddler, specifically Teddy Bear Picnic
Who gave you permission to exist, you uncultured swine
Nobody, but I'm here, I'm queer and I cry watching gay Japanese Power Rangers

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No, I actually respect him as he's genuinely a good person last I checked. The rest of the music was just incredibly forgettable except the repetitive *** gold feather theme and Gruntilda's Lair but that's literally just a nursery rhyme I heard all the time as a toddler, specifically Teddy Bear Picnic
*implying the Wonderwing theme isn’t Kirkhope’s magnum opus

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's like saying the FF level up theme is Nobuo Uematsu's magnum opus and not Dancing Mad, an insult
Gwen. I love you. But Banjo-Kazooie and it’s sequels have some of the best music in all of video gaming. It’s one of the primary things the series is known for. (yes, sequels. Even Nuts and Bolts has a kick ass soundtrack).

Also, Gruntilda’s Lair is not just Teddy Bear Picnic. It certainly takes inspiration from it, but really only that one riff. The rest of the song is completely different.

D

Deleted member

Grant Kirkhope's Magnum Opus is the Smash Ultimate remix of Spiral Mountain. We haven't even heard the whole thing yet and it's already a masterpiece

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I figured it out!

The government clearly paid Sony to lie and say spider man is leaving the mcu to detract attention from raiding Area 51!

Yes this is a joke

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Tbh, I never really got the hype for the Banjo-Kazooie soundtracks.

They're a little too grating for my tastes...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
i was gonna buy all this **** anyway so i appreciate the £4 saved
...yeah, same here. I was gonna buy it all 100%. I just can't not have a complete Smash roster/stage list. I even bought Corrin in Smash 4 despite hating their inclusion and playing as them 3-5 times max!

Ahem.

To answer my own question...

:ultjoker: was a shocking and exciting addition as a Persona fan, even though at the time I hadn't even played 5. I did just that after he was announced and fell head over heels for the game. (I now consider Smash Ultimate and Persona 5 my favorite games, which means December 2018 was one hell of a month.) By the time his full reveal came out I was already fully on the hype train, and the Mementos stage with all the amazing Persona music is now my default for online battling. At first I found Joker's moveset a bit unwieldy, but I've been getting used to it recently and he's become a secondary for me. Overall, Joker gave me a burst of excitement for Smash I hadn't gotten since the K. Rool reveal, and was a great start for the Fighters Pass.

:ulthero: is a bit of a mixed bag for me. I've still yet to play Dragon Quest but absolutely respect the series' legacy and defended it a few times on here from people who were upset about anime swordsman before the reveal. While I was personally hoping they would go for a Famicom look when I assumed Erdrick was the face, I can definitely appreciate that they brought in four Heroes as a package deal, I can't think of a better way to represent the series as a Smash fighter (even if I wish Erdrick was the face to pay homage to the most influential DQ title and because I find Luminary the blandest of the four). The movepool he has is insane even if down B is too much for me to wrap my head around. I've played as him a couple of times and he's alright, not really my cup of tea but I have no major complaints outside of MENUS. The DQ stage is very nice looking and it's always good to see another touring stage. That said, we gotta talk about the music, and god damn Sugiyama is a penny pincher. It's unfortunate that Square content always gets botched in Smash somehow, but as a fighter by themselves, Hero is well done and a good (even slightly overdue) addition to the Smash roster.

:ultbanjokazooie:, well, what needs to be said about them that hasn't been? Despite knowing for a while that they were coming, I literally screamed at my screen while their trailer played (voice chat, y'know). Their designs are perfect, their moveset is perfect, and holy freaking crap they got Grant Kirkhope to remix for it. I can only hope the full song list delivers. Plus the other Banjo character cameos...between King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, Grunty/Mumbo/Bottles, and even the Krystal AT, Smash Ultimate really is a safe haven for old and abandoned Rare characters. Between Persona 5 and Banjo-Kazooie, two of my top 5 video games are on the Fighters Pass. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty damn good.

When the Fighters Pass was announced, I said I only needed one hype character to buy it (again, silly since I was gonna buy it all anyway but still). Joker was that hype character, but Banjo just sent it into overdrive. Comparing paid DLC for Smash 4 to Ultimate, I'm definitely much happier with Ultimate, and I'm sure the last two fighters will keep the greatness coming.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Pulse check:

Joker is pretty cool. I've never played a Persona game, but his design and abilities immediately had me interested in him. Gameplay wise, he was the first ultimate character to really click with me, so he's my main.

I wasn't really interested in Hero at first, since I've never been too invested in the Dragon Quest series and his design didn't interest me either. His gameplay definitely makes him one of the more interesting new characters though.

I'm not really interested in Banjo. It's cool that he's in the game, but without having played his game I don't really see anything about him that excites me.

Overall I just like having new characters to play so I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
So....I woke up in the middle of the night and thought a star pattern on my blanket was a spider and I absolutely panicked. Felt like an idiot when I turned on the lights.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm just mad since they showed a bunch of people (mostly black people), getting upset at the low stock on the news, granted it wasn't that bad. But the white dude at the end was saying "Well, that's unfortunate, guess I'll get a pizza."

Bruh, they really played us like that.
because those white people eat chick fil a and are in denial that popeyes chicken sandwhich is bomb

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can hear the whole thing on the Smash Website. It is glorious.
Actually, it's not the full thing
You'll notice that it fades out before the part we heard near the end of the trailer, so there's probably some we still haven't heard

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Banjo-Kazooie has some pretty memorable music, at least for me. I hadn’t played that game for like 10 years and I remembered everything.

However, one of the best tracks overall for the series is Hailfire Peaks. That’s some good ****.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Pulse check:

I haven't purchased the Fighter's Pass yet. That said, I can't really weigh in on if the Fighter's pass is worth it, however, I'll give my opinions on the current DLC characters anyway.
I'll probably be buying the pass soon, but honestly, I'm not really in a rush.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the hard work they put into all the DLC fighters so far, but quite frankly, none of them particularly interest me.
Hopefully the last DLC characters are more to my liking.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Pulse check:

Yes, It has been completely worth it. Originally I was a bit skeptical, but once Joker was announced I KNEW, that we were going to be in for a treat. All 3 of the reveals have been spectacular and I love the choices, especially Banjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom