• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know how many people have been paying attention to the Popeyes chicken sandwhich getting crazy popular, but now some stores are straight up running out of chicken.

It's actually turning into that Boondocks episode.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta get that Coastal Sauce man.
I'm just mad since they showed a bunch of people (mostly black people), getting upset at the low stock on the news, granted it wasn't that bad. But the white dude at the end was saying "Well, that's unfortunate, guess I'll get a pizza."

Bruh, they really played us like that.

StormC

Smash Hero
Pulse check:

If you have bought the Fighters Pass already, do you feel like it's been worth it for the $25 so far, with the 3 of 5 fighters we know? Or are you still hoping the last two fighters will be what makes it worthwhile?

Shroob

Sup?
Pulse check:

If you have bought the Fighters Pass already, do you feel like it's been worth it for the $25 so far, with the 3 of 5 fighters we know? Or are you still hoping the last two fighters will be what makes it worthwhile?
My answer's a resounding:

Yeah

Joker isn't my cup of tea to play, but Mementos+Persona music is amazing to have in Smash.

Hero is just all around fun to play, and Yggdrasil's Alter's a nice stage.

And of course...

Banjo Kazooie

D

Deleted member

Pulse check:

Absolutely worth it. I don't use Joker much but Mementos is one of my favorite stages in the game, Hero ended up being really fun, and I'm still not sure that it's really hit me that Banjo and Kazooie being in Smash is a fact and not purely speculative anymore.
This must be how Ridley supporters felt.

D

Deleted member

Pulse check:

I like all the characters so far but for Joker and Hero I only really like their playstyles and music I don't really have any emotional connection with them except for Banjo-Kazooie. 1/5 ain't bad in terms of emotional connections but it's still objectively good content.

So yeah, It's good content but I'm 50/50 on calling it worth it like that. It's missing a character I truly deeply care about besides Banjo whom I do care about but not on the level like Geno. 50/50 honestly.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pulse check:

Hell yeah dude!

Unfortunately Joker's not really my style, which sucks cuz I was super excited for him. But I still think he's a fun inclusion, I like his stage.

Hero's better than I thought he'd be, though i'm not great with the spells.

But they both pale in comparison to...!
banjo kazooie are raring to go.gif

I thought i'd get nothing from the fighters pass, instead I got Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pulse check:

It's been super worth it for me.

Haven't played Persona but I like the stage and music.
Stoked to have another SE franchise (and one with non minimal representation at that).
Also the thought-to-be-gone franchise is back.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pulse check:

Joker is a character I wanted mechanically in Smash and the Persona music is so good, so I'm satisfied despite no connection.
Hero is stupidly fun to play as that even when I lose I don't feel bad, but the stage and music are pretty ass.
Banjo only has his trailer in which he looks boring and his gimmick seems to be more of a hinderance than something to give him an edge, not to mention the only good song in that franchise is Click Clock Wood. That being said it isn't entirely fair to include Banjo on these comparisons because we only know of 1 song, 1 palette swap, some of his moves and his gimmick so that doesn't really provide much to go off of, it'd be like "Hey guys how excited are you about Erdrick? We know they're happening and know **** all, but how excited are you?"

TLDR, 2/5 have been pretty cool, 1 is just dull and nothing had yet to really wow me

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pulse check:

Certainly, I've so far liked 2 of the characters, Joker and Hero, and can appreciate the third for the history and fanbase it has.

I mean, yeah, I'm still hoping some of my "MOST WANTED EVERS!" make the cut, but the pass is already well worth the 25 I've paid.

Please dear god, Dante's finally got a chance, I can't wait 4-7 more years.
And we already know SMT's dead in the water.

Shroob

Sup?
Certainly, I've so far liked 2 of the characters, Joker and Hero, and can appreciate the third for the history and fanbase it has.

I mean, yeah, I'm still hoping some of my "MOST WANTED EVERS!" make the cut, but the pass is already well worth the 25 I've paid.

Please dear god, Dante's finally got a chance, I can't wait 4-7 more years.
And we already know SMT's dead in the water.
Everyone thought that the Square Wars would be the bloodiest battle in history.

Oh no

The Capcom Wars will make them seem like children fighting.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Pulse check:

i was gonna buy all this **** anyway so i appreciate the £4 saved

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pulse check:

It was nice of them to provide two training dummies alongside Joker. Not exactly holding out hope that the rest of the pass will be back on form either but even so, I'd still have bought it regardless, they've still put a ton of effort and love into it and it's not like the base game didn't add plenty of characters I like. Always gotta have the full roster in a fighting game.

Unless they add some super skeevy **** for whatever reason. That's my one big limit.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Have yet to purchase the Fighters Pass

Never bought any Smash 4 DLC, but then I got it quite late into its life on the 3DS, so didn't feel that compelled to get it - especially when I wasn't that fussed about any of the characters

None of Ultimate's characters are really jumping out at me tbh, though I can appreciate their value on a more objective level and am doubting that either Fighter 4 or 5 is going to be a character I'm really invested in

Maybe I'll wait til the end and just pick and choose the more interesting fighter packs

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Pulse check:

Joker made it worth it for me. I love Persona 5 and find his moveset to be incredibly fun and easy to understand. Hands down one of my favorite characters in the game.

Hero's cool and fun to goof off with, but I don't really have a connection with any of them besides the DQVIII hero...and even then, I've considered dropping my playthrough of that game because I find it unfun and archaic. I'm mostly indifferent to Banjo but still happy for the fans that wanted him. He looks like he'll be a pretty interesting character to try out, at the very least.

The Rex Mii costume that comes with the pass still makes me sad, though...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well, he's got my vote. Though honestly, this drama is funny since it's clearly Sony and Disney trying to make big power play moves against the other. Though why ****** think Sony would take a deal that makes them lose most of their control over their biggest property is crazy.
It really annoys me that people who should know better, Jeremy Renner, blames Sony, despite no company in their right mind would accept such an outrageous deal. People would much rather read a juicy headline than to read the actual article.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It really annoys me that people who should know better, Jeremy Renner, blames Sony, despite no company in their right mind would accept such an outrageous deal. People would much rather read a juicy headline than to read the actual article.
I mean, Renner gets paid by Disney and is having a new big thing next year. My favourite is some dude going "YOU CARE MORE ABOUT THE PLASTIC BOX CASES INDUSTRY AMD VIDEO GAMES YOU TRAITORS" with MCU branding all over his avatar and banner on twitter

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Pulse check:

Yes. I haven't played any of the games of the characters in the pass (and it doesn't look like that will change with the last two), but Joker's fun to play as, Hero's my new main pretty much to play as, and it gave us these two very good songs , which is nice.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pulse check:

Oh yeah, it's great. Joker, Mementos, and Persona 5 music is all amazing, The Hero is fun and wacky, and we got ****ing Banjo and Kazooie. If the fighter pass ended here, I would still buy it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, Renner gets paid by Disney and is having a new big thing next year. My favourite is some dude going "YOU CARE MORE ABOUT THE PLASTIC BOX CASES INDUSTRY AMD VIDEO GAMES YOU TRAITORS" with MCU branding all over his avatar and banner on twitter
I guess it makes sense why he would, though it still annoys me that Disney will likely win this power play, despite the current evidence against them, as fans point the blame at Sony and force them into a parasitic deal to avoid a PR nightmare. The response I've seen has been pretty one-sided, outside of one article saying Stan Lee's daughter sides with Sony (but her gripes are with Disney as a company).

Of course, more evidence could come out that puts Sony in a negative light--it's an ongoing story. I'm certain a deal will be made, but hopefully one where Disney has to compromise, rather than getting everything they want.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pulse check:

For $25, it's pretty nice, all things considered. Joker was the one I was most excited for, and while I'm more indifferent on Hero and Banjo, they're good additions nonetheless. Still hoping for at least one of Edelgard or Crash in the final two, but even if they don't happen I'm fairly satisfied. And even if the characters don't appeal to me, there's still the stages and music.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
4 months since joker's release and i still can't believe this is actually in a smash game

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Pulse check:

Hoping at least one of the characters are someone I care about to make it feel worth it.

No doubt the pass has a lot of love and care put into it. Joker's content pack (stage, music) is excellent despite neutral feelings about the character. Hero is fun casually, and Banjo has Spiral Mountain which looks gorgeous - despite me not caring too much about the character itself.

But I want some love put into something I want damn it

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
@Michael the Spikester

What iconic kills do you think they’ll replicate for Terminator, Joker, and Spawn’s fatalities. Heck, throw in Ash while your at it.

And DoomSlayer. And Micheal Myers.

And Guts.

What iconic kills will become the fatalities for all these guys?
I can't comment on all of them, but for the characters that I know about, some options come to mind:

The Joker: the uncensored version of his finishing move from Mortal Kombat vs. DC, only gorier (and on-screen), or a reference to the death of Jason Todd (beating someone viciously with a crowbar before blowing them up)

The Terminator: crushing his opponent's skull with his foot, like in the opening scene of Terminator 2 (in the video, it's just a skull, not a human head, so there's no blood)
EDIT: Just thought of another one - he freezes the opponent with liquid nitrogen, says "Hasta la vista, baby", and shoots them, shattering them into hundreds of pieces.

Doom Slayer: they could probably use any of the Glory Kills from Doom (2016), particularly the Berserk kills, the chainsaw, or the finishing move against the Spider Mastermind (point-blank BFG shot)

Michael Myers: I've only seen Halloween 1, 2, and the 2018 one, so I'm sure the other movies have more elaborate kills. However, one that comes to mind is a death near the end of Halloween (2018), where he stomps on someone's head and it basically explodes. There's also the death of Bob from the original (lifts someone up, stabs them, pins them to a wall, and tilts his head), which is iconic but seems better-suited for a throw. From what little I've seen, Michael's kills tend to be quick - there's no literal fountains of blood like with Freddy, or anything like Jason's sleeping bag kill.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pulse check:

Yeah, I really enjoy Hero. Joker isn't quite my type, and I can care less for Banjo. But I'm having a blast as Hero. I'm curious what the last 2 characters are, but if it isn't someone I care about, well, I still have Hero.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we get Geno, he should come with not just music from Legend of the Seven Stars, but also other Mario music that was snubbed for some reason
So overall:
Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Fight Against Monsters (SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
Broodals Battle Theme (Super Mario Odyssey)
World Bowser (Super Mario 3D World)
Sudden Death (Mario Strikers Charged)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Land)
Peach's Castle (Super Mario 64)

(Italics indicate songs that should get a new arrangement)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we get Geno, he should come with not just music from Legend of the Seven Stars, but also other Mario music that was snubbed for some reason
So overall:
Beware The Forest's Mushrooms (SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Fight Against Monsters (SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario)
Broodals Battle Theme (Super Mario Odyssey)
World Bowser (Super Mario 3D World)
Sudden Death (Mario Strikers Charged)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Land)
Peach's Castle (Super Mario 64)

(Italics indicate songs that should get a new arrangement)
I feel like one of the SMRPG songs we get would have to be Hello Happy Kingdom. They brought it back for Fortune Street, so I could see them putting it in Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just woke up. And I had a dream that me and my family went to a Splatoon Theme Park. It looked like one of those indoor waterparks like Great Wolf Lodge and you basically ran around and... played Splatoon IRL. You had a thing on you like at laser tag and it kept track of how much ink got on you, and that’s how you splatted people. And there were ink refill stations all over the place.

Nintendo. Can this please be real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom