• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I still can't get past how ugly MK Joker looks, he looks like your local Fraternity Republican Club Leader at Halloween.
It's been said already but he looks too young and good-looking. Joker's always been a gangly-ass dude and his facial features are usually really exaggerated, such as a larger, more deranged smile and a prominent brow. He's got 5 months until release so there's a good chance this isn't how he'll end up looking, but still.
Somebody on the MK subreddit actually made an edit of his face and while it's still not quite there, it sort of captures the features he usually has.
1566442374404.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
It's been said already but he looks too young and good-looking. Joker's always been a gangly-*** dude and his facial features are usually really exaggerated, such a larger, more deranged smile and a prominent brow. He's got 5 months until release so there's a good chance this isn't how he'll end up looking, but still.
Somebody on the MK subreddit actually made an edit of his face and while it's still not quite there, it sort of captures the features he usually has.
Holy **** it's a million times better.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's been said already but he looks too young and good-looking. Joker's always been a gangly-*** dude and his facial features are usually really exaggerated, such as a larger, more deranged smile and a prominent brow. He's got 5 months until release so there's a good chance this isn't how he'll end up looking, but still.
He’s missing his bow tie. Joker should always be wearing a bow tie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reason I'm thinking we'll get more guests at least two more is to round up the Kombat Packs.

The first one has 3 each. 3 MK characters (Nightwolf, Shang Tsung and Sindel) and 3 Guests (Joker, Spawn and Terminator). So I'd assume they'd do the same there.

I'm predicting the other three being paired with Ash, Fujin and Sheeva are going to be Doom Slayer (Teased by Ed Boon and sudden resurgence in popularity), Michael Myers (To promote Halloween Kills) and said original Mortal Kombat character in new movie in 2021.
You really think the second pack will stretch till 2021? I mean, it is early 2021, and I guess we’d know about him/her by mid 2020 if they were to happen... then again, this pass is lasting till February... I guess it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

D

Deleted member

I've loved Undertale for 4 years.

I've never done a Genocide run.

Time to change that.
Well looks like you're about to have a bad time
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Forgot that there's also the matter of Joker's alternate skins and gear, so even if that is the default look there might be a few skins that'll make him look better.
inb4 his skins are based off the Leto, Joaquin Phoenix and Injustice 2 incarnations

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Time to change that.
I really need to get around to trying that game out but my backlog is already pretty hefty...

How long is a typical playthrough of it anyway?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've literally just been watching Did You Know Gaming videos for the past hour. HALP.

Although, watching the Paper Mario video makes me want to go back and play my older games. Every year I think, "I really want to play Thousand Year Door!", but I never do because my backlog has yet to be defeated. It's only going to get worse this year. Sigh.
I know what you mean. I've been wanting to play PM:TTYD again and have Chet Rippo reduce Mario's max HP to 5 so he's constantly 'in danger' than give him badges that increase his attack in danger and use partners in front as a shield.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Forgot that there's also the matter of Joker's alternate skins and gear, so even if that is the default look there might be a few skins that'll make him look better.
inb4 his skins are based off the Leto, Joaquin Phoenix and Injustice 2 incarnations
I really hope that the Richard Epcar laughing was just stock assets and they were actually able to get Mark Hamil to voice him this time. I hate Epcar’s Joker. It sounds like bootleg Hamil and it ducks so much ass.

Time to change that.
Hmmm.... here me out... Chara for MK11

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Long day today, Got up at 7 for a dentist appointment, got my key card replaced,worked straight through my 5 hour shift with no break because of elevator issues, just got home and decided to make myself a pizza. Only this time I’m ditching the pre-made crusts and attempting to work with this:
C0AA4F38-E0C6-4EC1-80C7-B492DB58E128.jpeg
Wish me luck.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
saving in this game is confessing your sins

Forgive me father, for I have twenty minutes of playtime.
I can only imagine what the "Play in 2D" dialog option is like in there.

O gracious Lord, blessed are those who wish to see the world as it would hath looked on thine Super Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

I really hope that the Richard Epcar laughing was just stock assets and they were actually able to get Mark Hamil to voice him this time. I hate Epcar’s Joker. It sounds like bootleg Hamil and it ducks so much ***.
I would definitely prefer Hamill but I don't think Epcar does a bad job IMO. He doesn't capture the character's personality and insanity quite like Hamill does but he's good enough that I don't find myself minding it that much.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would definitely prefer Hamill but I don't think Epcar does a bad job IMO. He doesn't capture the character's personality and insanity quite like Hamill does but he's good enough that I don't find myself minding it that much.
I just feel like, if your gonna do someone other than Mark Hamill, either do Troy Baker (that man does a masterful imitation of Hamill. Way better than bootleg anime Joker Richard Epcar), or do a completely different voice like Jeff Bennett in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Long day today, Got up at 7 for a dentist appointment, got my key card replaced,worked straight through my 5 hour shift with no break because of elevator issues, just got home and decided to make myself a pizza. Only this time I’m ditching the pre-made crusts and attempting to work with this:
View attachment 235337
Wish me luck.
"Update, my oven blew up, my house is in flames. My pizzas burnt."

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Got my late night dinner setup regardless, complete with garlic knots, marinara sauce and Barq’s Root Beer. Cheers!
AB8C719F-DA66-42B0-8EC1-C7961A7F1354.jpeg

(Am I Instagram savvy yet?)

Looks better than all the makeshift pizzas I've created with tortillas.
Yeah I don’t think tortillas are the most optimum crust for pizza.

Fire the oven, uneven pepperoni could spell the end of all pizza pies!
Funny thing is the oven is relatively new, like less than a year old.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I might buy DQXI S as a birthday gift in a few months, maybe with Link's Awakening. I'm very tempted.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, he's got my vote. Though honestly, this drama is funny since it's clearly Sony and Disney trying to make big power play moves against the other. Though why ****** think Sony would take a deal that makes them lose most of their control over their biggest property is crazy.

Anyway, Spawn looks clean as hell in MK11, so I hope his moveset is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom