• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'm mad I missed the sitcom discussion. I watched a lot of those: Friends, That 70's Show, That's So Raven, Suite Life on Deck, Everybody Hates Chris, George Lopez, Happy Days, Gilligan's Island, iCarly, Victorious, Kenan and Kel.....

My two favorites are Hannah Montana and Ned's Declassified.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm mad I missed the sitcom discussion. I watched a lot of those: Friends, That 70's Show, That's So Raven, Suite Life on Deck, Everybody Hates Chris, George Lopez, Happy Days, Gilligan's Island, iCarly, Victorious, Kenan and Kel.....

My two favorites are Hannah Montana and Ned's Declassified.
I recently discovered Gilligan's Island a couple years ago.

For a show from the 60's, it still holds up pretty dang well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From the director that brought us those Resident Evil movies who was chosen over George A. Romero the godfather of zombie movies.
Romero was considered for the RE films? Cannot say how good the film series would be given that I feel that his style is quite different from the RE franchise.
Yeah, it's a shame. Probably a bunch of factors.

People might've been too spooked by the first film (in that case, I don't really blame em).

Not to mention Lion King is likely eating into it's target audience.

Also, Angry Birds as a series really ain't that relevant anymore. Like the target demographic for this film, likely 5-8 year olds or something, weren't even born when Angry Birds first came out around 10 years ago.

Let that sink in for a moment There's likely a generation of kids who weren't around during Angry Birds mania :oldsnake:
Problem is that a lot of the sequels are just coming way too late nowadays. Before it was 2-3 years and now wait 4-5 years people loose interest.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah, it's a shame. Probably a bunch of factors.

People might've been too spooked by the first film (in that case, I don't really blame em).

Not to mention Lion King is likely eating into it's target audience.

Also, Angry Birds as a series really ain't that relevant anymore. Like the target demographic for this film, likely 5-8 year olds or something, weren't even born when Angry Birds first came out around 10 years ago.

Let that sink in for a moment There's likely a generation of kids who weren't around during Angry Birds mania :oldsnake:
I don’t even think Lion King is to blame here because (domestically at least) it’s kinda slowed down in terms of box office.

It’s more a matter of a sequel that’s too late for its time and the fact that it ended up releasing on a very weak week for theaters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A trillion lions is longer than the distance from Earth to the Sun, as well as larger than the circumference. The Lions would annahilate.
Ah, but is it more than the total volume/size of the lions altogether? Is not, the lions get roasted.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Welcome back to the Ultimate Social Thread.

A lot has been going on. And we want to update you on it.

We have plans for a proper restructuring that will benefit users and staff and make for a better community home, but large changes like this take time. As some may imagine with recent events, a lot of stress and burnout has occurred for not only staff but for many users. But while the staff is still working out all the details for coming changes, we’re also looking into what ways we can involve user feedback in making these decisions; stay tuned for more information on that.

In the meantime we’d like to open this temporary social thread to cover parts of what is currently missing, and give all our users a place to once again hang out in an off-topic setting. That said, the scope of conversation will for now be limited to:
  • Topics relating to Smash Bros.
  • Topics relating to media appropriate for Smashboards (G to early teens).
  • General personal conversation (Fine: "hey friends I'm in a good mood how about you".)
    • Please avoid “callouts”, back seat moderation or topics containing personal information of any third-party - a user of this website or otherwise.
  • Nice and respectful responses.

As a reminder: 10char dodges, single image responses or posts that do not start or meaningfully contribute to an ongoing discussion will be moderated more closely as well. Social threads are generally relaxed and memes are funny but please don't let these types of posts be the primary driver of discussions. We want to avoid heavy spam as many of the usual moderators will be both staying here in this thread and working on the coming changes elsewhere on the site.

Be nice. Be constructive. Be good to one another. We'll be here with you.

Now, administrator @Shaya has something to say. Take it away.
So, this thread is for just being social with other smashers, right?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So here’s the potential villains I have for my Paper Mario game:
  1. Bowser and his forces (including Kammy and potentially Jr.)
  2. A powerful artist resembling the Shamans seeking fulfillment in her work deciding to make Bowser and his army her muse and creates new and improved Forces for him while also trying to retrieve the sketchbook and pencil she once had that are assisting Mario and Peach
  3. A cult-like force who worships and finds superiority in the core timeline aka the core Mario series and seeks to “purity” the Paper Mario timeline by shaping it more in its image
  4. Suggested by someone on Discord: An obscure mook from either the main series or PM series that wants revenge on Mario.
Anything further thoughts on this development?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, this thread is for just being social with other smashers, right?
Wow thanks, for a second there, I thought the permanent thread was up and running.

But yeah, talk about whatever, as long as it's not against the rules. We usually keep it 13+, sometimes 15+, never really go above 18+ because of... a small incident we had months back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
  2. A powerful artist resembling the Shamans seeking fulfillment in her work deciding to make Bowser and his army her muse and creates new and improved Forces for him while also trying to retrieve the sketchbook and pencil she once had that are assisting Mario and Peach
  3. A cult-like force who worships and finds superiority in the core timeline aka the core Mario series and seeks to “purity” the Paper Mario timeline by shaping it more in its image
  4. Suggested by someone on Discord: An obscure mook from either the main series or PM series that wants revenge on Mario.
Option 3. It would be a great way to lampoon the worse direction the series went in for Sticker Star and Color Splash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
3 is a little too meta for my tastes, but the rest sound good.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I do have one in mind with Patricia Wagon from Mighty Switch Force.
You know. This reminded me of something I wanted for Ultimate. I wanted to get an extended amount of trophies/spirits from each third party company in Smash. Instead of just having an “Other” category, there would be “Nintendo” “SEGA” “Capcom” “Namco” “Konami” and “Square Enix” categories. And an other category for... well, other stuff. Like the Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Rayman spirits.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyways the real question we should be asking is who would win in a fight between a monkey with a sword or a penguin with magic capabilities.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Wow thanks, for a second there, I thought the permanent thread was up and running.

But yeah, talk about whatever, as long as it's not against the rules. We usually keep it 13+, sometimes 15+, never really go above 18+ because of... a small incident we had months back.
Incident? What happened???

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyways the real question we should be asking is who would win in a fight between a monkey with a sword or a penguin with magic capabilities.
Monkey with a sword. The penguin is just too slow to use that magic.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The magic prinny in Disgaea 5 Complete kicked ass, so I'll go with the penguin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom