• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Do you think Project STEAM would have done better on a home console than the dying 3DS or was it too early to be a factor?
The only home console it could be on at the time was the Wii U (assuming it's still Ninty exclusive), and Splatoon came out 1 month later in NA, and like TEN DAYS later everywhere else, it would have sold like, 0 copies if it was on a home console.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Is anything interesting likely to happen? Should I even bother watching?
If my understanding of your definition of interesting is up to date, then probably not.

I'm watching to see Destiny 2, Gears 5 horde mode, and see what gets announced for Xbox Game Pass.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's what I don't get. It's not like a Kirby outperforming a Mass Effect game means the Mass Effect devs are going to be forced to make Kirby games. It's a correlation vs causation issue.

Not to mention different audiences exist for different games. Do you have any examples of the bolded?
No.

It’s just... I don’t know...

I don’t know anything anymore.

I feel like the bad guy.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That's what I don't get. It's not like a Kirby outperforming a Mass Effect game means the Mass Effect devs are going to be forced to make Kirby games. It's a correlation vs causation issue.
bioware constantly shoots itself in the foot with flop after flop, most recently leading to the resignation of DA4's lead producer
"how could nintendo do this?"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No.

I feel like the bad guy. But I’m not the bad guy. They are.
I think you might need a break right now, take some fresh water, some apples or fruits you like, I don't know which one, just, take a moment for yourself and relax. Seem like you're having problems focusing on what really bother you.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If my understanding of your definition of interesting is up to date, then probably not.

I'm watching to see Destiny 2, Gears 5 horde mode, and see what gets announced for Xbox Game Pass.
I should be offended. But instead I’m just sad.

What exactly do you think my definition of “interesting” is?

I think you might need a break right now, take some fresh water, some apples or fruits you like, I don't know which one, just, take a moment for yourself and relax. Seem like you're having problems focusing on what really bother you.
Ok. You’re probably right.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No.

I feel like the bad guy.
I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. As of now it just seems like you're looking to place blame on an entity that isn't really relevant to the situation.

The only instance I can see where a Nintendo game may have influenced the sales of another game negatively was Breath of the Wild releasing on the same day as Horizon Zero Dawn, but even then that game sold very well and the problem would've been more on Sony releasing the game on the same day the Switch launched with a highly anticipated game.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Speaking of Next Level Games, new Mario Strikers please?
YES. PLEASE.

Strikers Charged was one of my favorite Wii games outside of Brawl, so I’d love another one.

Almost always picked Jr as captain because he had some epic trick shots.

Kinda sad that he lets the Koopa Clown Car do all the work nowadays.

I keep forgetting that film already released

And I say this as an absolute Disney fanatic
As another Disney fanatic, I try to forget that movie existed.

I had zero interest of seeing it when it came out.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, me too.

It's pretty much like a second E3 for me.

Really excited to see what Disney's cooking up
I literally described D23 as "the E3 of Disney" when I was telling my brothers about it last night
I'm guessing they're going to reveal that heavily rumored Oswald Disney+ Series

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No.

I feel like the bad guy.
I get what your saying, you prefer western games over japanese ones, but you do feel like duw to the overglorification of Japanese games, some western franchises barely see the light of day, which, yes, is understandable and has some form of truth to it. And the western market doesn't really innovate due to them being compared to another long runnjng franchise, or getting embroiled in "political" controversy that Japanese games somehow, are magically immune to that. I get that, that unfortunately is the case for some western games.

But that's not the case for all. When a western franchise breaks out and explodes, it REALLY breaks out an explodes. Elder Scrolls (Especially Skyrim), GTA, Doom, and ESPECIALLY Minecraft are all considered trailblazers in modern gaming, and the master starts immitating the student (like, no way BoTW would have existed if it wasn't for Skyrim). Indies are getting more and more popular on the daily, 3rd party western companies are making a name for themselves, etc.

The big issue is thay western companies didn't make a big name for themselves until the turn of the century. A lot of western made games until like the 90s ended up being trash or cash grabs.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I should be offended. But instead I’m just sad.

What exactly do you think my definition of “interesting” is?
My apologies if that seems like it was my intent. From my observations over the past few "events" people here may or may not watch, you tend to admit that a lot of things that you discuss/watch aren't in your particular field of interests to begin with, and then you choose to label them as underwhelming/"not for you" anyway.

Most of this isn't the "us/me vs them" mentality you often have/display. Sometimes things can coexist, sometimes they can't. They're not always directly related.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nintendo flat out cannibilized their own franchise with Steam, aside from the fact that there was nothing special abiut it when it was shown off at E3, STEAM also was competing with Splatoon, which got all the hype for being a Nintendo shooter, but STEAM just got a measly Treehouse presentation which just showed off the same level for like 30 minutes, 1 amiibo trailer, and that's it. Barely any hands on, lack of info, large droughts for a game not very convincing, so it fizzled out and died on arrival.
Ever Oasis and Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers also had similar fates. Smaller franchises on the 3DS had some really bad luck when it came to marketing towards the end.

D

Deleted member

Ever Oasis and Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers also had similar fates. Smaller franchises on the 3DS had some really bad luck when it came to marketing towards the end.
I'm just glad that both of those, along with STEAM, were acknowledged enough to have Spirits in Smash

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Even bigger franchises got screwed over on the 3DS towards the end (okay, not big big, but multi-entry franchises that are well known enough): don't think WarioWare Gold did particularly well and the Bowser's Inside Story remake apparently bombed

Still, rumblings are we might be getting a WarioWare for the Switch in the not too distant future (i.e. what 1 2 Switch should've been), so it's not like the 3DS' death spiral killed the series

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw getting ready to post the next AMA and images are broken for the eighteenth time this month

we'll try again tomorrow smashboards

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Honestly 1, 2, Switch is fun in a group, but there's no way it should have been a full-priced title.
Still, it's ended up being brought out enough that I don't feel like a total fool for buying it.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I watched the Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus and the Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling specials, they're pretty enjoyable to look into if you're a fan of these two or either. I've never particularly grown up watching these shows (though I recall seeing a few episodes of Invader Zim), but that doesn't change my feelings about them as I overall liked them both.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bought myself an money Nintendo card and got the Season Pass and Piranha Plant.

Can't wait for Banjo soon enough! Gonna go play with whose currently out though right now and give out my thoughts on them afterwards!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Who here didn't forgot the chairs = a hint thing? XD
How could I forget the peak low of Smash theories?

Okay maybe second lowest, the September direct delay had a pretty stupid and sorta tasteless theory regarding the earthquake supposedly delaying Isaac's announcement or something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom