• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ok this ain’t cool. can’t believe some users know I have a smashboards account and that is the picture i posted only for here.

I legit hate this
He shouldn’t be acting like a stupid creep but goodness stop arguing over whether Steve is in or not and upsetting Steve fans I swear you don’t even actually care considering you once ditched Banjo in favor of Steve before instead of supporting both.

D

Deleted member

It's really not cool that this dude is harassing you and being creepy but maybe stop being so argumentative on twitter
And the worst part is this post is disgusting. I don’t even want Steve in smash if this is what people like this are gonna do to me.

And for the argument part I just couldn’t help it sry

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
And the worst part is this post is disgusting. I don’t even want Steve in smash if this is what people like this are gonna do to me.

And for the argument part I just couldn’t help it sry
I think that's something you need to work on. You're pretty outspoken on twitter and if you keep getting into arguments you're going to make enemies. As for this guy, I'd just block him, he's 16 years old and probably doesn't realize how much of an asshole he is. Hopefully he realizes that being a stalker isn't cool and that putting pictures of yourself online isn't an invitation to be cyberbullied.

D

Deleted member

He shouldn’t be acting like a stupid creep but goodness stop arguing over whether Steve is in or not and upsetting Steve fans I swear you don’t even actually care considering you once ditched Banjo in favor of Steve before instead of supporting both.
Sorry man. but things happen sometimes

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sorry man. but things happen sometimes
What do you mean? You jumped the Banjo ship because you thought he was unlikely, then you said you liked Steve and thought he was more-likely, then you abandoned him once you started seeming worried again and thought Banjo was more-likely. Then you started crapping on Steve again.

Now you’re crapping on Steve fans’ hopes? What that one guy did ain’t cool and you should block him as well as any other jerks, but c’mon. As a Banjo-Kazooie fan, I’m already upset at some of their fanbase considering how some acted towards even the polite Steve fans. One frickin’ came to the Steve thread just to rub it in our face then act like Steve had no chance for any Smash games while Master Chief could still get in and I’m still frickin’ upset because I argued with the same guy before and he had the nerve to lie about caring about Steve fans’ feelings when in reality he hates Steve and irrationally hates all Steve fans no matter how nice they are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What do you mean? You jumped the Banjo ship because you thought he was unlikely, then you said you liked Steve and thought he was more-likely, then you abandoned him once you started seeming worried again and thought Banjo was more-likely. Then you started crapping on Steve again.

Now you’re crapping on Steve fans’ hopes? What that one guy did ain’t cool and you should block him as well as any other jerks, but c’mon. As a Banjo-Kazooie fan, I’m already upset at some of their fanbase considering how some acted towards even the polite Steve fans. One frickin’ came to the Steve thread just to rub it in our face then act like Steve had no chance for any Smash games while Master Chief could still get in and I’m still frickin’ upset because I argued with the same guy before and he had the nerve to lie about caring about Steve fans’ feelings when in reality he hates Steve and irrationally hates all Steve fans no matter how nice they are.
Look I’m sorry if I’m still doing this and that you don’t like it but I don’t wanna start an argument here. we have our own opinions but I think I’m taking it too far actually.

I’ll stop doing this if you want me to and just block the ones giving me a hard time

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
@Rangez @Ahm Skittish! @DerpingPikachu
Alright. Here's my moveset ideas for Kratos and Atreus.

Taunts: Taunts seem like a strange thing to cover first, but that is because these two are central to Kratos’s moveset, utility, and gimmick. Kratos is a “stance swap” type character, and these taunts are how he does it. Assuming a standard two-joycon setup, pressing left always equips the Leviathan Ax, and pressing right always equips the Blades of Chaos. Pressing the button again after the weapon is equipped will have him do a small flourish with said weapon (Ax: 3:29 runes, Blades: 5:53, skill tree). Another aspect of the character is his son Atreus. He is always in the back of the stage like the Pokémon Trainer, and he assists his father with shots from his Talon Bow. Kratos’s up taunt has him shout the iconic line “Boy!” and switch the type of arrows Atreus has equipped. More details later. And his down taunt, the only one that is purely cosmetic, has him temporarily glow with Spartan Rage and menacingly say “You will not see the end of this day”, the classic line from God of War III, only with the new mannerisms and tone of the Norse era Kratos. In online mode, where taunts are disabled, the taunt animations and lines will not play, but you will still be able to use these buttons to switch weapons and arrow types.

His attacks pull from a mix of the runic attacks and skill tree upgrades found in the game, along with one… well, we’ll get to that when we get to that. Each one has a version for the ax and a version for the blades where applicable.

Neutral Special: Kratos shouts “Now Boy!” and Atreus fires and arrow at the opponent physically closest to Kratos, regardless of the direction he’s facing. Atreus has two types of arrow, Light and Shock. Light arrows cause a small amount of stun, shock arrows cause a small amount of shock and can jump from opponent to opponent. Holding down the button allows you to select a target for Atreus, but you are defenseless while doing so.
Side Special: For the Ax, the side special is Tyr's Revenge (0:38, runes), the ax can be recalled to your hand by pressing the side special button again. For the Blades, it is Hyperion Grapple (7:52, runes)
Down Special: Kratos uses Countering Crush with his shield (3:07, skill tree), to parry incoming attacks. Simply holding out the shield will block projectiles and week attacks but opening it at the last possible second will counter the attack as shown in the video.
Up Special: Winds of Helheim, Kratos uses the Winds of Helheim to boost himself higher in the stage. While the Winds are a featured ability in the game, this use of them is completely made up for Smash because this is really the only thing that remotely resembles a recovery.

Jab Combo: His jab and jab combo is the standard light, light, light, heavy combo found in the skill tree. Pride of the Frost for the Ax (1:07, Skill Tree), and Plume of Chaos for the Blades (4:04, skill tree).
Dash Attack: Leviathan’s Fury (1:28, Skill Tree) and Chaos Slam (4:21, Skill Tree)

Forward Tilt: Mists of Helheim (2:38, runes) and Nemean Crush (5:08, runes), only without the charge time
Up Tilt: Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Rising Fury (4:12, Skill Tree)
Down Tilt: Frost Giant's Frenzy (3:10, runes) and Wrath of Artemis (6:02, runes)

Forward Smash: Thiazi's Talon (2:04, runes) and Hyperion Slam (7:15, runes)
Down Smash: Ivaldi's Anvil (2:24, runes) and Prometheus Flame (7:03, runes)
Up Smash: Breath of Thamur (4:04, runes) and Meteoric Slam (7:34). The after-effects of each attack do not last as long and are not as wide-reaching as in God of War though.

Forward Air: Njörd's Tempest (0:10, runes) and Cyclone of Chaos (4:50, runes)
Up Air: an aerial Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Blast of Hephaestus (6:12, runes)
Down Air: The Sheild slam finisher from these two attacks, Charge of the White Bear (1:08, runes) and Spartan Charge (6:24, runes). Will have an ice effect with the ax equipped and a fire effect with the blades equipped.
Back Air: Strike of the Utgard (1:40, runes) and Icarus Storm (5:51, runes), only backwards.

Grab: Kratos grabs the opponent and pummels them with his fists, finishing with a shield bash.
Throws: Forward (1:04, grabs), Up (0:37, grabs), Back (1:16, grabs), and Down (0:51, grabs).

Final Smash: A Mirror of Fate appears and sucks in nearby opponents. They land on the final boss arena from God of War II and are attacked relentlessly by an enraged classic Kratos.

Unique Attribute: Kratos also has an attribute similar to Joker’s Persona based on Spartan rage. The only difference being you trigger it rather than it being automatic, so it can be saves (Down Special wen Rage meter is full) and it merely powers up your moves, rather than significantly altering them.

Intro Animation: Kratos and Atreus climb up over the back edge of the stage. If played on a stage with water in the background (like Great Bay or Pirate Ship) they will instead sail up in their boat). Or they could just exit out of a Bifrost door.

Victory Music: A snippet from this song. https://youtu.be/IzLatdMe72w
Victory Animations: Kratos swings his weapon repeatedly before Atreus runs out in front and shouts at the sky. Atreus leaps onto Kratos’s back and he runs away, saying “the battle is not yet over”. And finally, Kratos and Atreus wrestle like a father and son do.

Colors: Simply the many alternate armor sets from the game. I don’t really care which. And Atreus’s armor changes to match. One alt skin should be his classic spartan armor, along with a spartan Atreus based off of Kid Kratos’s clothes from Ghost of Sparta, and a God of War III “Fear Kratos” alt skin, also with a matching Atreus.

Stage: Tyr’s Temple on the Lake of Nine. The World Serpent can be seen in the background, and occasionally the stage will rotate to a different tower on the lake and a few enemies from the respective realm will enter on stage, matching the Gauntlet of Realms. If a troll spawns, it functions as a stage boss. The other smaller enemies can be dispelled with one simple Smash Attack.
Hopefully quickplay/elite wouldn't disable his taunts. Cause otherwise, damn.

Edit: My dumbass literally could not go through an entire paragraph without commenting first lmao. Though still, I do worry about people stuck with one joycon.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@Rangez @Ahm Skittish! @DerpingPikachu
Alright. Here's my moveset ideas for Kratos and Atreus.

Taunts: Taunts seem like a strange thing to cover first, but that is because these two are central to Kratos’s moveset, utility, and gimmick. Kratos is a “stance swap” type character, and these taunts are how he does it. Assuming a standard two-joycon setup, pressing left always equips the Leviathan Ax, and pressing right always equips the Blades of Chaos. Pressing the button again after the weapon is equipped will have him do a small flourish with said weapon (Ax: 3:29 runes, Blades: 5:53, skill tree). Another aspect of the character is his son Atreus. He is always in the back of the stage like the Pokémon Trainer, and he assists his father with shots from his Talon Bow. Kratos’s up taunt has him shout the iconic line “Boy!” and switch the type of arrows Atreus has equipped. More details later. And his down taunt, the only one that is purely cosmetic, has him temporarily glow with Spartan Rage and menacingly say “You will not see the end of this day”, the classic line from God of War III, only with the new mannerisms and tone of the Norse era Kratos. In online mode, where taunts are disabled, the taunt animations and lines will not play, but you will still be able to use these buttons to switch weapons and arrow types.

His attacks pull from a mix of the runic attacks and skill tree upgrades found in the game, along with one… well, we’ll get to that when we get to that. Each one has a version for the ax and a version for the blades where applicable.

Neutral Special: Kratos shouts “Now Boy!” and Atreus fires and arrow at the opponent physically closest to Kratos, regardless of the direction he’s facing. Atreus has two types of arrow, Light and Shock. Light arrows cause a small amount of stun, shock arrows cause a small amount of shock and can jump from opponent to opponent. Holding down the button allows you to select a target for Atreus, but you are defenseless while doing so.
Side Special: For the Ax, the side special is Tyr's Revenge (0:38, runes), the ax can be recalled to your hand by pressing the side special button again. For the Blades, it is Hyperion Grapple (7:52, runes)
Down Special: Kratos uses Countering Crush with his shield (3:07, skill tree), to parry incoming attacks. Simply holding out the shield will block projectiles and week attacks but opening it at the last possible second will counter the attack as shown in the video.
Up Special: Winds of Helheim, Kratos uses the Winds of Helheim to boost himself higher in the stage. While the Winds are a featured ability in the game, this use of them is completely made up for Smash because this is really the only thing that remotely resembles a recovery.

Jab Combo: His jab and jab combo is the standard light, light, light, heavy combo found in the skill tree. Pride of the Frost for the Ax (1:07, Skill Tree), and Plume of Chaos for the Blades (4:04, skill tree).
Dash Attack: Leviathan’s Fury (1:28, Skill Tree) and Chaos Slam (4:21, Skill Tree)

Forward Tilt: Mists of Helheim (2:38, runes) and Nemean Crush (5:08, runes), only without the charge time
Up Tilt: Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Rising Fury (4:12, Skill Tree)
Down Tilt: Frost Giant's Frenzy (3:10, runes) and Wrath of Artemis (6:02, runes)

Forward Smash: Thiazi's Talon (2:04, runes) and Hyperion Slam (7:15, runes)
Down Smash: Ivaldi's Anvil (2:24, runes) and Prometheus Flame (7:03, runes)
Up Smash: Breath of Thamur (4:04, runes) and Meteoric Slam (7:34). The after-effects of each attack do not last as long and are not as wide-reaching as in God of War though.

Forward Air: Njörd's Tempest (0:10, runes) and Cyclone of Chaos (4:50, runes)
Up Air: an aerial Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Blast of Hephaestus (6:12, runes)
Down Air: The Sheild slam finisher from these two attacks, Charge of the White Bear (1:08, runes) and Spartan Charge (6:24, runes). Will have an ice effect with the ax equipped and a fire effect with the blades equipped.
Back Air: Strike of the Utgard (1:40, runes) and Icarus Storm (5:51, runes), only backwards.

Grab: Kratos grabs the opponent and pummels them with his fists, finishing with a shield bash.
Throws: Forward (1:04, grabs), Up (0:37, grabs), Back (1:16, grabs), and Down (0:51, grabs).

Final Smash: A Mirror of Fate appears and sucks in nearby opponents. They land on the final boss arena from God of War II and are attacked relentlessly by an enraged classic Kratos.

Unique Attribute: Kratos also has an attribute similar to Joker’s Persona based on Spartan rage. The only difference being you trigger it rather than it being automatic, so it can be saves (Down Special wen Rage meter is full) and it merely powers up your moves, rather than significantly altering them.

Intro Animation: Kratos and Atreus climb up over the back edge of the stage. If played on a stage with water in the background (like Great Bay or Pirate Ship) they will instead sail up in their boat). Or they could just exit out of a Bifrost door.

Victory Music: A snippet from this song. https://youtu.be/IzLatdMe72w
Victory Animations: Kratos swings his weapon repeatedly before Atreus runs out in front and shouts at the sky. Atreus leaps onto Kratos’s back and he runs away, saying “the battle is not yet over”. And finally, Kratos and Atreus wrestle like a father and son do.

Colors: Simply the many alternate armor sets from the game. I don’t really care which. And Atreus’s armor changes to match. One alt skin should be his classic spartan armor, along with a spartan Atreus based off of Kid Kratos’s clothes from Ghost of Sparta, and a God of War III “Fear Kratos” alt skin, also with a matching Atreus.

Stage: Tyr’s Temple on the Lake of Nine. The World Serpent can be seen in the background, and occasionally the stage will rotate to a different tower on the lake and a few enemies from the respective realm will enter on stage, matching the Gauntlet of Realms. If a troll spawns, it functions as a stage boss. The other smaller enemies can be dispelled with one simple Smash Attack.
Considering GoW2018 is the only GoW game I’ve played, I’ve always envisioned Kratos as a stance fighter, swapping between the Axe and Blades. I do quite like this moveset for him. Nice job.

One thing I would change is having Atreus follow him around instead of just being in the background.
This way, Atreus could be temporarily taken out, kinda like how enemies can hold him down and prevent him from firing arrow. He’d come back after a little bit, but there wouldn’t be a meter or anything. It’d be like Luma in terms of getting KO’d and coming back.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Look I’m sorry if I’m still doing this and that you don’t like it but I don’t wanna start an argument here. we have our own opinions but I think I’m taking it too far actually.

I’ll stop doing this if you want me to and just block the ones giving me a hard time
I don’t care if you actually hate Steve despite what you’ve said before. Just don’t bother and blame Steve fans about it just like how immature Steve fans shouldn’t do the same to Banjo fans.

It’s not my place to tell you what to do, though, so whatever...only a few people listened to me in those stupid, incessant Banjo vs. Steve fights...I just wanted both characters to be considered friends and for Steve to be treated fairly instead of people shoving that render around and crapping on even nice fans...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering GoW2018 is the only GoW game I’ve played, I’ve always envisioned Kratos as a stance fighter, swapping between the Axe and Blades. I do quite like this moveset for him. Nice job.

One thing I would change is having Atreus follow him around instead of just being in the background.
This way, Atreus could be temporarily taken out, kinda like how enemies can hold him down and prevent him from firing arrow. He’d come back after a little bit, but there wouldn’t be a meter or anything. It’d be like Luma in terms of getting KO’d and coming back.
I thought about that. But I was worried that would make an already complex character even more complex. I mean, how much utility would the boy have? Can he jump? Does he have basically his own moveset?

Noipoi

Howdy!
You aren’t beautiful.
You aren’t worth it.
You don’t deserve happiness.
You’ll never accomplish your goals.

It’s not Opposite Day ;)

D

Deleted member

someone did a combination of two songs, and one of them is one i worked on

holy crap

D

Deleted member

Okay, lemme tell you something
you may be going insane, my good friend
Maybe I am, Maybe I'm not. Only one way to find out and if I go insane while trying to draw every spirit in Ultimate then there's nothing I can really do about it.

I hope I don't but if I do then I'll walk it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom