Premium
Writing Team
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
NNID
staindgrey
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Welcome back to the Ultimate Social Thread.

A lot has been going on. And we want to update you on it.

We have plans for a proper restructuring that will benefit users and staff and make for a better community home, but large changes like this take time. As some may imagine with recent events, a lot of stress and burnout has occurred for not only staff but for many users. But while the staff is still working out all the details for coming changes, we’re also looking into what ways we can involve user feedback in making these decisions; stay tuned for more information on that.

In the meantime we’d like to open this temporary social thread to cover parts of what is currently missing, and give all our users a place to once again hang out in an off-topic setting. That said, the scope of conversation will for now be limited to:
  • Topics relating to Smash Bros.
  • Topics relating to media appropriate for Smashboards (G to early teens).
  • General personal conversation (Fine: "hey friends I'm in a good mood how about you".)
    • Please avoid “callouts”, back seat moderation or topics containing personal information of any third-party - a user of this website or otherwise.
  • Nice and respectful responses.

As a reminder: 10char dodges, single image responses or posts that do not start or meaningfully contribute to an ongoing discussion will be moderated more closely as well. Social threads are generally relaxed and memes are funny but please don't let these types of posts be the primary driver of discussions. We want to avoid heavy spam as many of the usual moderators will be both staying here in this thread and working on the coming changes elsewhere on the site.

Be nice. Be constructive. Be good to one another. We'll be here with you.

Now, administrator Shaya Shaya has something to say. Take it away.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
Administrator
GRimer
Rankings Team
NNID
ShayaJP
As an important aside, for the time being, moderation in this thread will be stricter. If we consider you are acting in bad faith to the rules outlined above, then temporary bans may be administered.
I must emphasise this is an abnormal measure and it will not persist beyond necessary.

We understand that this pressure exuded might not be pleasant, alongside the varying emotions that our users are currently feeling, but we implore you to work with our staff to maintain a friendly environment, as was always intended. We want our users to feel safe, happy and welcome on Smashboards. If you suspect anything is hindering that, please report it so we can see and respond to it.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

If you have any questions feel free to message me or contact any of the staff members responsible for overlooking this thread, including many you know well:

--- --- AEMehr AEMehr Megadoomer Megadoomer NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu staindgrey staindgrey Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Strong Bad Strong Bad Lore Lore Ahm Skittish! Ahm Skittish! IsmaR IsmaR Shaya Shaya

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
Administrator
GRimer
Rankings Team
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't ask me for anything ever again~
(In actuality I genuinely wanted this!)

If you're wondering who I am -
I've been around a while [forever], mostly in the "competitive" areas. The guy who usually helped make most of the tier lists you guys LOVED in Smash4 (and many of Brawl too).
I'm on night patrol for the unforeseeable future, cookies and caffeine are wholesome.

Last edited:

Ralsei

Fluffy Secretary
Premium
Greetings.

I am still unsure of what exactly happened, but I see now that maybe I shouldn't bother asking. I'm still weary over my own fault a few days ago, but I was genuinely concerned when I saw all the distrought.

Either way, it's good to see we have a social now.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Omake Gif Anime - Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - Episode 7 - Aqua Thumbs Up.gif

Just comin' in to say that you probably won't see me around all that often anymore. I got bigger fish to fry at this point.

But y'all have a good time 'round here. Smashboards gave me some great memories, and I hope y'all keep things chill.

Thanks for lettin' me be your resident Aqua.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Taking some Egg Tea
Premium
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
NNID
Mao644
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mannnnnn, I missed posting here.
View attachment 224450

Just comin' in to say that you probably won't see me around all that often anymore. I got bigger fish to fry at this point.

But y'all have a good time 'round here. Smashboards gave me some great memories, and I hope y'all keep things chill.

Thanks for lettin' me be your resident Aqua.
Hmmm....

Does that mean here, The Konosuba Gang is over here? Atleast for now?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shiny, do not feel obligated to post here if you no longer feel comfortable doing so.

You went through a tough experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone, and if you feel you need to step away from the site, then step away from the site, even if it's for, like, a week or even a month, or longer.

We aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, it did feel a little bit weird not seeing any posts from some people yesterday. I don't post very often like others do, but it did feel a bit odd not seeing a lot of activity yesterday. I hope that we can continue things with the right foot and just take it more calmly for now.

Someone said it before, but E3 cannot come soon enough.

It's not like I missed you all or anything.
You missed the "baka".

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Administrator
Writing Team
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
NNID
KipShades
My comrades, how are things going?
pretty well. Tackling some behind-the-scenes stuff with both moderation and the news section. Dealing with the sudden realization that even though blue/red and blue/green are my favorite color pairs in Magic: the Gathering, my work and the way I tackle community matters puts me more in blue/black.

Also one of my favorite TWRP songs has a music video now and it's just got this amazing old school anime vibe. It's even compressed in the same way you'd see with older online uploads of stuff.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Taking some Egg Tea
Premium
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
NNID
Mao644
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New start, new social thread, new avi, folks.

Hope I didn't lose my groove when it come to Eggposting.

That and....
New Hota exemple 25.gif

This is what I been doing while the social thread was locked.

Hope you like it, no it's not 100% done....but it's close to it.

Last edited:
pretty well. Tackling some behind-the-scenes stuff with both moderation and the news section. Dealing with the sudden realization that even though blue/red and blue/green are my favorite color pairs in Magic: the Gathering, my work and the way I tackle community matters puts me more in blue/black.

Also one of my favorite TWRP songs has a music video now and it's just got this amazing old school anime vibe. It's even compressed in the same way you'd see with older online uploads of stuff.
>Color pairs

Someone over here too big brain to unga bunga with mono red.

staindgrey

Netflix and Jill
Premium
Writing Team
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
NNID
staindgrey
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, I'll try not be here much. I'll mostly stick to Newcomer and Erdrick threads for now, need things to calm down a little from my part.

But thanks for reopening it staindgrey staindgrey
To be clear, I didn't reopen it. This was a group effort by the staff members present tonight. Admins and mods. Because you guys had to wait way too long for us to create the new changes we're making.

I only got the pleasure of actually posting it.

Ralsei

Fluffy Secretary
Premium
Oh. And I have decided to cancel future themes for my account. Nobody gives a **** about them, and to be honest, neither do I.

I booted up the ol' name generator and I found a new, short and sweet alias to use.

Until I revert anyways.