• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean ok, but that doesn't necessarily detract from my point. Sometimes, and not to point fingers, but sometimes folks here are jerks too.

Like as much as some folks want to spread thoughts of inclusivity, those thoughts should extend to everyone. It's just...I don't know, sometimes people do things and maybe we don't think they're "deserving" of kindness, but every human is worthy of somebody supporting them.

It's not even that. It's a matter of sometimes...people would probably want support from other people if they're down, but sometimes it doesn't happen here. 100% of the board can't necessarily be 100% kind 100% of the time, but we could at least try to be.
Gonna be real with ya, and this may be unpopular

But imo, Golden crossed the line here in this time.

I didn't see his post where he 'went off', but all Grey did is ask why he was soo confrontational all the time, which, let's be honest, he is, a lot. And his response to this was he wasn't "Even going to read the rest of their post" because that somehow invalidated all that they had to say.

I don't think someone asking "Why are you being rude" is enough to warrant "Oh well that's all I need to hear to tell me your opinion is worthless" kind of response, ya know?

Again, I didn't read the rest of his apparent blow up, but, no, he wasn't in the right here. He had a volatile temper, but that doesn't excuse him being a jerk.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Could you edit that quote out for the time being?

Also I haven't watched Fate/Zero. Never been interested.
Uhh, alright sure.

Anyway, I didn't even know Fate/Zero was attached to anything, I just randomly had it recommended to me and by God, that show's goddamn good. Never even knew it was a prequel to a way larger franchise until a year after I'd completed it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
...sorry guys. i think ill be quiet from here for quite a while

tl;dr everythings just falling apart in my life... lost a friend i was hoping i wouldn't lose as a result of this damn fallout... worried about my family too... just. everythings piling up and i deadass been crying for a good hour now

im sorry.
It's okay, fam.

Take the time you need. Heal. We'll be thinkin of ya.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Uhh, alright sure.

Anyway, I didn't even know Fate/Zero was attached to anything, I just randomly had it recommended to me and by God, that show's goddamn good. Never even knew it was a prequel to a way larger franchise until a year after I'd completed it.
Thanks friend.

Anyways, the Fate/Zero series is complex from what I understand. I'm kinda intimidated to be honest...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

tl;dr everythings just falling apart in my life... lost a friend i was hoping i wouldn't lose as a result of this damn fallout... worried about my family too... just. everythings piling up and i deadass been crying for a good hour now

im sorry.
oh

oh no

well just

feel free to talk to me if you need anyone to talk to

i'm so sorry

take any time you need

i'll be here for you when you get back if you need some time alone

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna hold back on posting the Honorable Mentions and Trash Tier for the time being.

My apologies for stumbling in at the wrong time.
Dont worry too much, I think lately its just has been harsh with users leaving.
Honorable Mentions Only have seen Ouran and Skid girl, agree those two are great shows.

Can't agree enough with Oreimo being trash due to just being pandering material for incest fans, MC being boring and one note, and that the show is only watchable without the little sis.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Thanks friend.

Anyways, the Fate/Zero series is complex from what I understand. I'm kinda intimidated to be honest...
Complex? Naaaaaaah.
It's no Serial Experiments Lain or Madoka Magika or whatever.

Setup is pretty simple, 7 dudes get 7 figures from history and they duke it out until the last man standing gets to have a wish granted.

Granted, the first episode is an exposition dump that sets up the characters and their servants for the rest of the show, but get past that and it's super worth it IMO.

I'm partial to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood myself.
That's a damn good show.
Literally the first thing I point to to whoever says they wanna get into anime.

It's one of those shows that just seems like it has something for just about anybody.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm gonna hold back on posting the Honorable Mentions and Trash Tier for the time being.

My apologies for stumbling in at the wrong time.
However much sass there may have been, at the core you wanted to share something you felt passionate about.

That ain't nothing to apologize for.

Life happens sometimes. Don't get yourself down.

oh

oh no

well just

feel free to talk to me if you need anyone to talk to

i'm so sorry

take any time you need

i'll be here for you when you get back if you need some time alone
And don't you crumple on me.

Thread needs its heart.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gonna be real with ya, and this may be unpopular

But imo, Golden crossed the line here in this time.

I didn't see his post where he 'went off', but all Grey did is ask why he was soo confrontational all the time, which, let's be honest, he is, a lot. And his response to this was he wasn't "Even going to read the rest of their post" because that somehow invalidated all that they had to say.

I don't think someone asking "Why are you being rude" is enough to warrant "Oh well that's all I need to hear to tell me your opinion is worthless" kind of response, ya know?

Again, I didn't read the rest of his apparent blow up, but, no, he wasn't in the right here. He had a volatile temper, but that doesn't excuse him being a jerk.
I agree, that doesn't excuse him from being a jerk.

My point is, however, that being a jerk back to the jerk doesn't solve the problem. Now we have 2 jerks.

Not to say that "tough love" can't help or make someone see the light once in awhile, but from what I saw, there was other stuff said that was just kinda mean. There's a difference between helping somebody "see the light" and being just as bad as the original jerk.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
However much sass there may have been, at the core you wanted to share something you felt passionate about.
Between the Brelooming and Golden discussions now isn't the time. It's not a matter of sass or anything so much as it's a matter of personal belief.

I'll post it when the air clears up.

Shroob

Sup?
I agree, that doesn't excuse him from being a jerk.

My point is, however, that being a jerk back to the jerk doesn't solve the problem. Now we have 2 jerks.
I mean, I don't think anyone was necessarily being a jerk aside from the guy poking and prodding for deets, I think most people were more stunned he deleted his account.

D

Deleted member

hey

if anyone is feelimg troubled by anything, feel free to pm me about **** yeah

i might not be the best person to go to, like i sure as hell ain't the most qualified lmao

but i'm here for y'all

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Between the Brelooming and Golden discussions now isn't the time. It's not a matter of sass or anything so much as it's a matter of personal belief.

I'll post it when the air clears up.
Oh I understand the discretion, yeah.

Just don't beat yourself up for it is all.

D

Deleted member

Unless someone actively harassed an user and/or incentivated the act, I don't think pointing fingers at others for innocuous posts is the way to go in regards to Golden's situation.

As for Golden, I initially felt it wasn't my place to comment because I don't think the guy liked me at all but I don't wish this sort of stuff to anyone. Hopefully, those who are closer to him can get in contact and hopefully make sure he's alright.

D

Deleted member

doesn't matter if someone's a douche or not

the moment suicidal comments come out, you stop holding **** they've done in the past against them until it's all sorted out

like suicide is a much bigger deal then being a **** on smashboards dot com

it's straight up a matter of human life at that point

idk, maybe i'm just being overly sensitive because of prior issues and **** like that but y'all know what i'm saying

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, while I am aware of the current lines of conversation, I don't know how much it would hurt to strike up some conversations related to gaming.

staindgrey staindgrey I finally finished Revelations 2. Some of the chapters are long in that game. It's arguably as ridiculous as Revelations 1, and I found the almost constant swearing from Moira to be annoying, but it was an enjoyable zombie/action/jump scare game nonetheless.

Now I just have to wait until the 3 Remake. Well, actually I suppose I still have RE7 to play, but I think I'll take a break from RE for awhile.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
doesn't matter if someone's a douche or not

the moment suicidal comments come out, you stop holding **** they've done in the past against them until it's all sorted out

like suicide is a much bigger deal then being a **** on smashboards dot com

it's straight up a matter of human life at that point

idk, maybe i'm just being overly sensitive because of prior issues and **** like that but y'all know what i'm saying
No, you're 100% right. It's basic human decency. This is always the correct answer. Learn to read the tone and be reasonable of the situation. No matter what it is.

...Though yeah, you can't always read tone on the internet, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on by reading the latest posts(at least the last 5-10?).

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

im sorry.
Do what needs to be done, Sonomura. If you ever need a shoulder to lean on, you're free to DM us should a moment like that arise.

I also want to say to each and every one of you that it's an honor being a part of this thread.

Shroob

Sup?
No, you're 100% right. It's basic human decency. This is always the correct answer. Learn to read the tone and be reasonable of the situation. No matter what it is.

...Though yeah, you can't always read tone on the internet, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on by reading the latest posts(at least the last 5-10?).
I joined the conversation late so I literally didn't even know he threatened suicide until Faygo's post up above. :drshrug: The explosion post was deleted so outside of hearsay from other users, there's no way to know what happened.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I saw what conspired. My condolences to Brelooming and his friends and family. At this point in time, both he and anybody like him need all the love, comfort, and support that they can get.

If he pulls through, then I say we hold a massive celebration. If not, then we should turn the thread into a giant vigil. What do you say, guys?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I saw what conspired. My condolences to Brelooming and his friends and family. At this point in time, both he and anybody like him need all the love, comfort, and support that they can get.

If he pulls through, then I say we hold a massive celebration. If not, then we should turn the thread into a giant vigil. What do you say, guys?
I say we plan the celebration.

I believe in the kid. He'll pull through.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

im sorry.

Take all the time you need. Once you're comfortable, feel free to talk to any of us about it. The community can be divided sometimes, sure, but when we need to come together, we essentially merge into a single being of pure TLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I joined the conversation late so I literally didn't even know he threatened suicide until Faygo's post up above. :drshrug: The explosion post was deleted so outside of hearsay from other users, there's no way to know what happened.
That post had to go. Though I'm more speaking of how this thread tends to just ignore important situations. But also what Faygo said. Be reasonable in delicate situations, even if you don't like the guy.

I'm not going to comment on the entire situation, as I have a lot of personal thoughts. I will say that Golden is my friend, and despite that, I know issues come up with him. I try to delicately handle situations with him if I am able to(when I'm not involved already but also when my bias via friendship could be relevant). I don't feel I actually took care of posts relating to him right due to the friendship though. I can't really say more other than I am not perfect and sometimes have made decisions in haste, or not acted fast enough.

D

Deleted member

anyways i'ma head out before i get even more triggered by this stuff

my gross mental state can't take it rn and i have work early tomorrow so peace
cs61vzpas7b01.jpg

it's sleepy time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom