• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't get it. What about opossoms makes them more dragon like compared to rats? Is it their teeth? Is it simply that they're larger? I'm very confused.

Anyway "rat dragon" is what I'm calling them from here on out and if Sword/Shield doesn't have a dragon-type pokemon based off of one I'm going to riot.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
definitely don't need it to go alongside my morgana nendo

no sir, not making any dumb financial decisions today

not me

1557948396904.png

ah ****

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't get it. What about opossoms makes them more dragon like compared to rats? Is it their teeth? Is it simply that they're larger? I'm very confused.

Anyway "rat dragon" is what I'm calling them from here on out and if Sword/Shield doesn't have a dragon-type pokemon based off of one I'm going to riot.
Opossums breathed fire in the olden days.

They don’t anymore because they’re very camera shy.

D

Deleted member

I love that people went "Edelgard wouldn't get in Smash before the others, they're treating the lords equally and Byleth is the avatar" before but now we know Edelgard has the most focus of all three and one extra route all for herself.
If it's all true, I wouldn't be surprised if she does get in after all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who’s ready for the question block in smash reveal trailer in the direct?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Did some reading on Three Houses, but I still haven’t found the meaty stuff.

Is there something hinting at teacher’s dating their students? A time skip? Do you use all three house leaders through the story or just one?

I’m just super curious and haven’t found out the information just yet. If it’s true that Edelgard gets an additional route, that she’s going to be the most important one. Despite that, I’d say there’s a good chance it would be down to her and Byleth for Smash.

Anyway, my hype levels have gone up a bit. I just hope the “dating” isn’t awkward because as a teacher irl dating a student is gonna be real weird. Please for the love of god give either good non-student options or make it less ridiculous. Please IT, I beg of you.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So how’s everyone doing today?
Anyone have a betting pool going for the direct today right?

Get hyped. Set your expectations high

Get ready to laugh at the people who said/spoke against there being Smash news depending on which side of the same coin you’re on

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Get ready to laugh at the people who said/spoke against there being Smash news depending on which side of the same coin you’re on
hot prediction:

there aren't gonna be any major new announcements and it'll mostly just be confirming what gamexplain's analysis videos scoped out because this is the first time we've seen it since feburary

D

Deleted member

I just want amiibo costumes back, TBH. Anything else is just a bonus.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What's with all the Three Houses talk? Was there news? Or a leak?

D

Deleted member

I expect a reveal trailer for Builder Luigi in Smash and you can't convince me otherwise! /s

But yeah I'm doing good and I'm interested in seeing what they're going to add to MM2, What about you? Are you doing okay?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

If you think every one is dumb for expecting smash content I bet any other big non mario community is speculating that they're getting something too

then again a zelda dungeon maker dies sound neat

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
"Well, DARE told me all drugs are terrible, so if I was fine with weed, surely I'll be fine with crystal meth!"

That's not even hyperbole, that was a common thing. When you treat all elicit substances as equally bad, like blanket programs like DARE do, it leads to kids going to more dangerous stuff thinking it's only as bad as the minor stuff. Same sort of thing with abstinence-only sex education.

The entire thing was a mess lol.
I mean, I can totally back this up. But in the context of the US Education system as a whole.

We test students into the ground, as a whole make them feel like they’re a number, stunt creativity, and basically encourage kids that learning isn’t important. Then you have folks that think larger class sizes are good because it makes students “persevere” (which is like saying limiting food supplies and making students fight over it makes them stronger), and treating anything but a college education as inferior.

Well **** that. Trade school is a great choice. I went to college, accumulated debt, and now have to pay it back while working more than I basically get paid to. I go above and beyond for quite a few things, but I still get paid lower than an electrician or plumber would.

There’s also the fact that foreign languages should be taught at earlier ages because the brain absorbs them more easily.

There’s also the fact that not all students learn the same way. I differentiate in my classroom for all sorts of learners, but the most we can give for an exam is extra time or tests read. A creative student isn’t given the outlet to be creative, they just have to answer questions and take a test.

It doesn’t help that the education programs we currently have aren’t really created by people who actually teach. It’s mostly by people who don’t.

The education system in the US could be great, but it’s not where it needs to be.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did some reading on Three Houses, but I still haven’t found the meaty stuff.

Is there something hinting at teacher’s dating their students? A time skip? Do you use all three house leaders through the story or just one?

I’m just super curious and haven’t found out the information just yet. If it’s true that Edelgard gets an additional route, that she’s going to be the most important one. Despite that, I’d say there’s a good chance it would be down to her and Byleth for Smash.

Anyway, my hype levels have gone up a bit. I just hope the “dating” isn’t awkward because as a teacher irl dating a student is gonna be real weird. Please for the love of god give either good non-student options or make it less ridiculous. Please IT, I beg of you.
Big story spoilers, beware.

Time skip of five years after a certain point. Uncertain if dating is pre or post skip. Full blown route split. Fight the other houses. You can recruit one non-Lord non-retainer member of a separate house per playthrough, but only one.

There may have also been a hint that Edelgard may or may not die in one of her routes.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ayyyyy! PsySmasher PsySmasher , I see that Corrin avatar
View attachment 220386
I've always been a fan of Corrin:
-She was my dual main w/ :ultbowserjr: in Smash 4 (I still play her in Ultimate, but nowhere near as much).
-She's part dragon (That's in an instant like in my book).
-I like her overall design.

I just don't talk about her much nowadays b/c I've been focusing on other characters.
Figured since she got a dark alt in Heroes, I'd change it (even though I only had the Camilla one for like... a day).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I love that people went "Edelgard wouldn't get in Smash before the others, they're treating the lords equally and Byleth is the avatar" before but now we know Edelgard has the most focus of all three and one extra route all for herself.
If it's all true, I wouldn't be surprised if she does get in after all.
Wait where’s this news from?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

>Literally any event Nintendo hosts
Disappointment_Smash_fans.jpeg

Also, KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
View attachment 220392
You knew I had to do it on 'em.
Jack_Frost's_Solar_Data.jpg

I'm gonna take you out to the bone-zone for this tomfoolery...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Shuffled out two small boxes. Overall the "keep" contents are unnervingly outnumberring the "out" contents but at least instead of a jumbled mess I know where things' homes should be.

...briefly elaborating since I'm sure this only makes partial sense in the first place. Spoiler'd so if you don't give a damn you can go on with your day.

I had a bedbug scare a few years back, where I found precisely one bedbug at home and two at work. In hindsight, they migrated from my coworker at the time. My housing authority forced me to have the place sprayed twice a month to make sure they were good and gone. I threw out my seating in the living room and boxed up literally everything I owned to give them access to all the nooks and crannies of my house.

We never saw any sign of bedbugs while cleaning, and I learned on the very final appointment that neither did the exterminators. Nor would the sprays have helped if they had. They literally just came in twice a month to take my money. Fun trivia.

Anyway most of the boxes were thrown together in a hurry and shoved in the office. Rather than sort it once the scare was over, it stayed there, and as more cleaning's been done elsewhere in the house it's become something of a storage unit. It wasn't terribly clean before the scare, but it's been unusable ever since.

Anyway. Progress. It ain't much, but it's more than I've had in a long time.

Which Yoshi are you?
1557949816611.png

Yeah no part of that's accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom