• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly though I'm just really excited for the three lords themselves.

Edelgard has the most focus (literally the female lord has always been the overshadowed one before now) and is fairly ruthless in an "ends justify the means" way. Described as being like Micaiah but less naïve and more experienced. Gets hair buns post-time skip and her canon promotion path gives her Axes, Armor, and Authority and her class is called Kaiser.

Dimitri is the only member of his family who wasn't killed and he lives with the mental anguish that comes with being the last of his immediate family. Loses his eye at one point and wears an eyepatch after the time skip, alongside getting better hair. Gets Lances, Swords, and Authority in his canon promotion path.

Claude has to deal with the mysteries surrounding his own heritage as apparently he wasn't supposed to be the next in line for the job. Gets sideburns after the time skip and his canon promotion path makes him a bow wielding Wyvern Lord. His Wyvern is white with orange hair and scales, and has a beard.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
**** yeah I'm gonna act morally superior if you're into teacher-highschool-student relationships.
Unless there’s something in the spoilers I’m refusing to read...

“High School students”?

Are they though?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

“High School students”?

Are they though?
It's a military academy. They'd be closer to college age, if anything. The power dynamic issue is still there, but not the age issue.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's a military academy. They'd be closer to college age, if anything. The power dynamic issue is still there, but not the age issue.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, it’s more the power dynamic

Like... since the lords are also students afaik I’m under the impression that they’re all pretty adult
anyone wanna join my boy band: the guys of context
God damn it cite your sources punk

D

Deleted member

Guys! I forgot to mention, I got a new pet today!

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
anyone wanna join my boy band: the guys of context
At this point I just want to know who the staff member was that birthed the infamous "guise of context" quote.

You know, considering it's basically the "sense of pride and accomplishment" of Smashboards at this point. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey

Guess what time it is?

That's right.

D

Deleted member

Honestly though I'm just really excited for the three lords themselves.

Edelgard has the most focus (literally the female lord has always been the overshadowed one before now) and is fairly ruthless in an "ends justify the means" way. Described as being like Micaiah but less naïve and more experienced. Gets hair buns post-time skip and her canon promotion path gives her Axes, Armor, and Authority and her class is called Kaiser.

Dimitri is the only member of his family who wasn't killed and he lives with the mental anguish that comes with being the last of his immediate family. Loses his eye at one point and wears an eyepatch after the time skip, alongside getting better hair. Gets Lances, Swords, and Authority in his canon promotion path.

Claude has to deal with the mysteries surrounding his own heritage as apparently he wasn't supposed to be the next in line for the job. Gets sideburns after the time skip and his canon promotion path makes him a bow wielding Wyvern Lord. His Wyvern is white with orange hair and scales, and has a beard.
Edelgard reminds me of a character concept I had so I'm interested to see how she turns out.
Actually, I'm very interested in how they'll handle the houses you din't side with because this is exactly what I wanted Fates to be: an initially neutral party who has to pick a side in this conflict they got stuck in. As much as I dislike Dimitri, it's gonna be hard to kill the guy when I know he's got survivor's guilt and his chapter will likely play out like Xander's Birthright chapter was supposed to go.

Also, what do you mean the wyvern has a beard???

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At this point I just want to know who the staff member was that birthed the infamous "guise of context" quote.

You know, considering it's basically the "sense of pride and accomplishment" of Smashboards at this point. :p
Besides Faygo stealing out of my book of comedy

We can’t say cause we’ll seriously get infracted for it lol

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
y'all ever just

spaghetti and pineapple pizza as officially sold by dominoes new zealand

1557941540201.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

“High School students”?

Are they though?
I'm pretty damn sure they are. Assuming the protagonists are of the 14-17 age group that most FE lords are a part of and that they are in a class of reeeeeelave-ish peers, then they're probably going to be around that age group as well.

D

Deleted member

sowwy... no tawgeting specific staff membews

on the thwead

uwu

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
y'all ever just

spaghetti and pineapple pizza as officially sold by dominoes new zealand

View attachment 220324
Ill be right back, Im going to NZ
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, it’s more the power dynamic

Like... since the lords are also students afaik I’m under the impression that they’re all pretty adult
Thats why I aint complaining about it because Im perfectly sure they are all adults and like, Its a game

minus the obligitary "Lets make a little girl dragon" character

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Edelgard reminds me of a character concept I had so I'm interested to see how she turns out.
Actually, I'm very interested in how they'll handle the houses you din't side with because this is exactly what I wanted Fates to be: an initially neutral party who has to pick a side in this conflict they got stuck in. As much as I dislike Dimitri, it's gonna be hard to kill the guy when I know he's got survivor's guilt and his chapter will likely play out like Xander's Birthright chapter was supposed to go.

Also, what do you mean the wyvern has a beard???
Literal bearded dragon lol.

Also apparently Dimitri's mom married into Edelgard's family, so they're steps siblings or cousins or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom