• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The action skills, new spells and magic mechanics, dungeons, and use of two armies made the gameplay fresh enough to bear the sub-par maps. The characters, story, music, and general aesthetic made for a stellar presentation for not just a Fire Emblem game, but one of the best amongst 3DS games in general.
Presentation was amazing, I agree, but the mechanics weren't interesting once I got past Chapter 3. A lot of Celica's late game map design revolved around respawning enemies and incredibly sluggish map terrain, dungeons had uninteresting fights because the enemies were the same "take out these four guys in a square room," and I detested how the overworld had respawning mandatory encounters because now I can't backtrack to previous promotion areas without wasting time and energy fighting these nameless mooks that don't progress story.

Maybe bad is too harsh of a word, but I put it down for a reason. Echoes was funner to watch than actually play in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

oh yeah i snuck out of baby jail to watch detective pikachu

****'s tight yo

lowkey one of my favorite movies of 2019

definitely not biased because
giant ****ing torterras oh my god

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Apparently a dude on reddit is doing a FE3H AMA... and he said you can date your students...

Smh, IS.
Was anything else really expected

I guess at least the immoral part of it this time is the abuse of a position of power or something and not like... incest or like questionable ages

I think?

Anyway here’s looking to you dorothea or edelgard

Roberk

Smash Champion
you see this as drama, and character/world building. I see this as heartless writers ****ing up the lives of trillions of people in a way that can never be fixed. You are excited and intrigued by the way you see it, I am so deeply saddened by the way I see it that it prevents me from enjoying the movie.
Movie characters aren’t real people. The Russo brothers didn’t personally ruin people’s lives, because there aren’t any lives to ruin. The point is to have consquences that build the world, and one of the best character developers is hardship.

osby

Smash Obsessed
you see this as drama, and character/world building. I see this as heartless writers ****ing up the lives of trillions of people in a way that can never be fixed. You are excited and intrigued by the way you see it, I am so deeply saddened by the way I see it that it prevents me from enjoying the movie.
Not all fiction is happy-go-lucky. Bad stuff happens to fictional characters and it doesn't mean writers approve this actions.

I think you really should emotionally distance yourself from the media you consume more, by the way. Getting sad over them is normal, but if it prevents you to enjoy it, maybe you should stick to more light hearted stuff.

Roberk

Smash Champion
oh yeah i snuck out of baby jail to watch detective pikachu

****'s tight yo

lowkey one of my favorite movies of 2019

definitely not biased because
giant ****ing torterras oh my god
Hell yeah
CBA2FF87-D03C-4BC7-8B94-104405BEE756.jpeg

I love my landmass lad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ok but they aren't real people though
The point IS to feel sad

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think if I was snapped away because of a threat far beyond my control, I would be kissing the Avenger's *** for a good long while. At most, I think topics for future films will have to go over

• The confusion between the people who weren't snapped vs. people who were
  • What the world will do now that Iron Man and Cap are out of the game
  • The potential for another Thanos like apocalypse to happen.

• But otherwise, I think this is exaggerating how big the consequences are emotionally for the common man. If people in the Marvel universe accepted that aliens invaded New York and that a missile attempted to nuke it all, then people will accept Thanos.
you think I am over exaggerating. But I feel you are very much downplaying the consequences.

You can't have rainbows without both sun and rain.
That’s a beautiful turn of phrase. But I still don’t like Endgame. The rainbow was too small compared to the tsunami’s worth of rain.

Because most people went on with their lives. Nullifying what they accomplished in a good 5 whole years is just as bad, not to mention all the children that were born in that period you'd essentially be killing
all the widows who moved on and don’t love their husbands anymore. All the children who moved on and have new families now with no attachment to their old one. All the people who couldn’t handle it and took their own lives. All the endangered species who went extinct. All of this not just on earth but across the entire universe. All things that won’t be fixed just by bringing the snap people back. Why would a truly heroic person let any of that be permanent.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Why do people act like Fire Emblem dating rules are this big a deal?

It's not like people buy them because they want to date a minor?

And anyway: you link all characters together, including the main character, but the main character is not a self-insert, he has a premade personality.

So it's not "omg you can date a minor in this game!"

It's: "Omg you can make a teachers date a minor in this game."

Roberk

Smash Champion
Apparently a dude on reddit is doing a FE3H AMA... and he said you can date your students...

Smh, IS.
The abnormal amount of mods that are FE fans (anyone else notice that? Not complaining though) want you to use spoiler tags for the Three Houses leak.
Hopefully most of the student teacher relationship happens out of the academy after the timeskip.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Movie characters aren’t real people. The Russo brothers didn’t personally ruin people’s lives, because there aren’t any lives to ruin. The point is to have consquences that build the world, and one of the best character developers is hardship.
when people like me just can’t stop thinking about the consequences of their “development” to the point that it makes it so they hate a movie that they otherwise should have loved, then I think they went about it in the wrong way.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hold the **** up.

I just realized Mass Destruction play against Samus in Joker Classic Mode.

Did.....did someone in the team made a Other M joke intentionally?

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
  1. Saving trillions of people should be considered a good ending
  2. Having a "sunshine and rainbows" ending undercuts any amount of emotion from Infinity War (which is what people were afraid would happen)
  3. More people bounce back from trauma than don't. And even those who suffer emotional consequences can lead fulfilling lives
  4. It's a comic book movie, so the writers focus is on the drama with the superheroes. We're not meant to think too deeply on the dark repercussions of the world

D

Deleted member

all the widows who moved on and don’t love their husbands anymore. All the children who moved on and have new families now with no attachment to their old one. All the people who couldn’t handle it and took their own lives. All the endangered species who went extinct. All of this not just on earth but across the entire universe. All things that won’t be fixed just by bringing the snap people back. Why would a truly heroic person let any of that be permanent.
straight up erasing 5 years of people's lives lowkey feels a bit unethical

i mean i doubt they wanna play god any further than just bringing back all the snapped people yeah

doesn't feel like a captain america move

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

you think I am over exaggerating. But I feel you are very much downplaying the consequences.
Not really. The entire focus of the movies are heroes first, common man second. If they made a movie about Spiderman's neighbor, Dave, and how his life was ruined because of the snap, then maybe your concern is warranted. However, I think most people are just happy to be alive. Remember that one shot at the end where Peter and Ned hugged it out because they were alive again? They're not going to be over it, but their lives are not ruined because of it.

Was anything else really expected

I guess at least the immoral part of it this time is the abuse of a position of power or something and not like... incest or like questionable ages

I think?

Anyway here’s looking to you dorothea or edelgard
It's not the college experience if you don't have one teacher wanting to **** another student.

Roberk

Smash Champion

And anyway: you link all characters together, including the main character, but the main character is not a self-insert, he has a premade personality.

>It's not like people buy them because they want to date a minor?
You’d be surprised

>And anyway: you link all characters together, including the main character, but the main character is not a self-insert, he has a premade personality.
Byleth isn’t that customizable but they are definitely a self-insert.

>It's: "Omg you can make a teachers date a minor in this game."
Even if the students aren’t minors it’s still weird because the teacher and students have a power dynamic inherent in their normal lives. It doesn’t matter if it’s a self-insert or not (Byleth is) an adult dating a minor is immoral for many people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyways not just reversing the snap provides hella potential for new stories

hell far from home is basically just "dealing with trauma" ft. marvel's spider-man

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
anyway I’m excited for three houses- and I’ve never said that about a fire emblem game lol

I LOVE playing FE don’t get me wrong but I always end up distracted and never finish them but hopefully my attention span is a bit tempered now

I did try going back and playing fates and was like

“...never mind”

D

Deleted member

From the designs I saw, I don't think it's that egregious this time around. At least you can sleep at night knowing Byleth didn't impregnate characters like

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
>It's not like people buy them because they want to date a minor?
You’d be surprised

>And anyway: you link all characters together, including the main character, but the main character is not a self-insert, he has a premade personality.
Byleth isn’t that customizable but they are definitely a self-insert.

>It's: "Omg you can make a teachers date a minor in this game."
Even if the students aren’t minors it’s still weird because the teacher and students have a power dynamic inherent in their normal lives. It doesn’t matter if it’s a self-insert or not (Byleth is) an adult dating a minor is immoral for many people.
Hmmm

I understand, it's Just...

Why is that **** the main focus?
Noone seems to care that it's a great game series, everyone just sees that one part of it and screams bloody murder

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
because our heroes failed

in a good story, there needs to be permanent consequences for the protags making ******* mistakes and failing because of them

otherwise nothing was gained
nothing was learned
and if everything just returns to status quo the second the big event is over, it starts to feel dangerously like the comics
I don’t want everything to return to the status quo the second the big event is over. Only in this case because the event was so rediculously huge that it has no right or reason to have permanent consequences.

Not all fiction is happy-go-lucky. Bad stuff happens to fictional characters and it doesn't mean writers approve this actions.

I think you really should emotionally distance yourself from the media you consume more, by the way. Getting sad over them is normal, but if it prevents you to enjoy it, maybe you should stick to more light hearted stuff.
It’s freakin Superheroes! That’s the point of this entire genre! To give people hope that things can always be better. That show them that if you try hard enough you can fix any problem. That you can truly make a difference and make people’s lives better. Even if they don’t appreciate what you do.

ok but they aren't real people though
The point IS to feel sad
Then why should anyone want to see the movie. Why would anyone want to feel sad. I feel sad enough in real life.

Roberk

Smash Champion
anyways not just reversing the snap provides hella potential for new stories

hell far from home is basically just "dealing with trauma" ft. marvel's spider-man
The snap opens up so many story arcs, it’s insane. We could get something like Incredibles 1 where people wanted to die but where saved unwillignly by the heroes. We could get neo-Thanosists arguing that the snap was better for society (remember when Steve said he started seeing whales in the harbor again?). The snap and the 5 year timeskip is going to be very interesting for the next few phases.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, I imagine that romancing students will only be possible after the time skip, so that would help a bit I imagine.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Then why should anyone want to see the movie. Why would anyone want to feel sad. I feel sad enough in real life.
Some people just like their heartstrings pulled.

It's kinda like how some people like watching horror because getting scared is fun for them

Being sad isn't always a bad thing. I'd even argue it's among our most vital emotions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why do you think they make sad movies
or books
or tv shows
or literally anything that gets sad
people like to feel emotional connections and ****
personally i watch sad **** to cry about stuff that isn't related to my own life for once ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not really. The entire focus of the movies are heroes first, common man second. If they made a movie about Spiderman's neighbor, Dave, and how his life was ruined because of the snap, then maybe your concern is warranted. However, I think most people are just happy to be alive. Remember that one shot at the end where Peter and Ned hugged it out because they were alive again? They're not going to be over it, but their lives are not ruined because of it.

It's not the college experience if you don't have one teacher wanting to **** another student.
a Heroes job is to save the common man. When their lives have been made worse, the hero has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom