• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

when you realise we were robbed of any good FF music

Okay. Real quick. I don't give a **** about Final Fantasy and especially Final Fantasy 14

but 14's soundtracks are hot and consistently great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Who is in this Google leak you guys are discussing?

D

Deleted member

Trauma is like putting a knife through your psyche. You can’t just stitch it up like you can with a physical injury though. That damage stays and stays forever. Just bringing those people back won’t fix al the people who survived. Heck, this is kind of dark but what if some people were so distraught by it that they ended their own lives. The people coming back won’t fix that. The snap should have been wiped from history and these people’s minds should have been spared.
yeah but then there would be no lasting consequences for our heroes failing in infinity war besides like, loki's death

the universe should be shaken up after this event

if it was just reversed and there were no issues or consequences for the biggest event in the marvel cinematic universe to date, it would feel fake

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...I feel weirdly ignored right now, and I'm not sure why.
D2SgdlCU8AELZoi.png

D

Deleted member

Who is in this Google leak you guys are discussing?
Main four seem to be

• Artorias from Dark Souls (a boss)
  • Doom Guy
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Banjo
Fairly solid line up with a bunch of iconic franchises.

Totally fake as Hell though

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I disagree. Heroes can't fix everything. Yeah, the snap was horrible but so are wars and people actually came back from this unlike the other mass killings. Scott and Cassie showed it's possible for people to rebuild their lives despite the trauma. I think you are giving too little credit to how strong humans can be.
except they totally could have. The gauntlet lets them do anything they want. Rules don’t apply to it because it rewrites the rules. I’m sorry, but the mental state of the universe trumps a few new children in my mind. Maybe I’m not giving humanity enough credit but I just can’t believe that a majority of people turned out like Scott and Cassie. People are so easily broken and almost impossible to fix. Like a glass vase.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Counterpoint, the gameplay for Echoes is repetitive with horrendous map design and too many non-story related fights.
The action skills, new spells and magic mechanics, dungeons, and use of two armies made the gameplay fresh enough to bear the sub-par maps. The characters, story, music, and general aesthetic made for a stellar presentation for not just a Fire Emblem game, but one of the best amongst 3DS games in general.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
yeah but then there would be no lasting consequences for our heroes failing in infinity war besides like, loki's death

the universe should be shaken up after this event

if it was just reversed and there were no issues or consequences for the biggest event in the marvel cinematic universe to date, it would feel fake
why though. Why do you want 50% of the universe to have permanent debilitating psychological damage. Just for drama? I’d rather see people happy and living their regular lives. Knowing as an audience member that the heroes saved the day and truly helped these people.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
i may have left gang [illicit substance], but i sure as hell am still a gamer
AHHH YOU ANSWERED MY POST- ahem, I mean...
no that just make you a.gif

Glad to see you're still a gamer, and not a beta cuck.

Roberk

Smash Champion
why though. Why do you want 50% of the universe to have permanent debilitating psychological damage. Just for drama? I’d rather see people happy and living their regular lives. Knowing as an audience member that the heroes saved the day and truly helped these people.
It’s character development and worldbuilding, the Infinity Saga is a catalyst for shaking up the Marvel universe. It’s a superhero series, not a slice of life.

D

Deleted member

except they totally could have. The gauntlet lets them do anything they want. Rules don’t apply to it because it rewrites the rules. I’m sorry, but the mental state of the universe trumps a few new children in my mind. Maybe I’m not giving humanity enough credit but I just can’t believe that a majority of people turned out like Scott and Cassie. People are so easily broken and almost impossible to fix. Like a glass vase.
I think if I was snapped away because of a threat far beyond my control, I would be kissing the Avenger's ass for a good long while. At most, I think topics for future films will have to go over

• The confusion between the people who weren't snapped vs. people who were
  • What the world will do now that Iron Man and Cap are out of the game
  • The potential for another Thanos like apocalypse to happen.

• But otherwise, I think this is exaggerating how big the consequences are emotionally for the common man. If people in the Marvel universe accepted that aliens invaded New York and that a missile attempted to nuke it all, then people will accept Thanos.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can't have rainbows without both sun and rain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ferdinand apparently sees Edelgard as his rival but she doesn't reciprocate. Found our Innes/Vaike type character, lol.

D

Deleted member

because our heroes failed

in a good story, there needs to be permanent consequences for the protags making dumbass mistakes and failing because of them

otherwise nothing was gained
nothing was learned
and if everything just returns to status quo the second the big event is over, it starts to feel dangerously like the comics

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The action skills, new spells and magic mechanics, dungeons, and use of two armies made the gameplay fresh enough to bear the sub-par maps. The characters, story, music, and general aesthetic made for a stellar presentation for not just a Fire Emblem game, but one of the best amongst 3DS games in general.
Just want to add: the voice acting being present for much of the game honestly really elevated Echoes for me. I hope Three Houses follows suit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let's agree to disagree. I don't think the majority of humans can't recover after getting their loved ones back. People can recover from traumatic events, saying they can't is kinda downplaying them.

Also, "none of it actually happened" would undermine the whole emotional impact of the story, writing wise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s character development and worldbuilding, the Infinity Saga is a catalyst for shaking up the Marvel universe. It’s a superhero series, not a slice of life.
Let's agree to disagree. I don't think the majority of humans can't recover after getting their loved ones back. People can recover from traumatic events, saying they can't is kinda downplaying them.

Also, "none of it actually happened" would undermine the whole emotional impact of the story, writing wise.
you see this as drama, and character/world building. I see this as heartless writers ****ing up the lives of trillions of people in a way that can never be fixed. You are excited and intrigued by the way you see it, I am so deeply saddened by the way I see it that it prevents me from enjoying the movie.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
otherwise nothing was gained
nothing was learned
and if everything just returns to status quo the second the big event is over, it starts to feel dangerously like the comics
They cheated not only the film, but themselves

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Apparently a dude on reddit is doing a FE3H AMA... and he said you can date your students...

Smh, IS.

D

Deleted member

you see this as drama, and character/world building. I see this as heartless writers ****ing up the lives of trillions of people in a way that can never be fixed. You are excited and intrigued by the way you see it, I am so deeply saddened by the way I see it that it prevents me from enjoying the movie.
but they're fictional people

if you wanted happy-go-lucky-fun-time-adventures why not watch something more lighthearted like my little pony or nichijou

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Because most people went on with their lives. Nullifying what they accomplished in a good 5 whole years is just as bad, not to mention all the children that were born in that period you'd essentially be killing

D

Deleted member

View attachment 220248
i lived, *****

A note to any Moderators or Administrators viewing this post:

I understand that the use of a certain word may be distasteful and disrespectful. As I have learned, the word (pardon my vulgar language) “*****” is a word that means female dog, however, it’s usage has evolved over time to become a pejorative insult for a person who is “belligerent, unreasonable, malicious, a control freak, rudely intrusive or aggressive”. However, my usage of it is not to express discontent with or insult anyone in the thread or on Smashboards as a whole. It is more to help add expressiveness to my post and amplify the voice of my post. It is less of an insult or playful jab, but more of a word that adds a little bit of punch to my post, despite the unwelcome profane language. I recognize that even in the guise of context, it is important to understand how things can be viewed in the face of the public. This is why I am explaining my statement to not just the staff of Smashboards, but also the general public, guests, and sponsors who may be watching the thread. Hopefully this provides not a guise of context, but the actual context to all who read this post. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day! : )
Good to see your time in isolation hasn't changed you a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom