• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If I got to where I think I got to in the game based on the plot summary, then I was like, not even 5% into the plot.
I think what makes XII so big is all the optional content. Like there's a **** tonne of it, from quests, to bosses, to summons, to areas, to bosses, bosses and a gauntlet of enemies and bosses to take on.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think the general consensus is "One of these":
Final Fantasy IV (released in the west as Final Fantasy II)​
Final Fantasy V​
Final Fantasy VI (released in the west as Final Fantasy III)​
Final Fantasy VII​
Final Fantasy IX​
Final Fantasy X​
Yes, the fact that 4 and 6 were released in America as 2 and 3 does get confusing, why do you ask?

Every Final Fantasy game has it's unique quirks, and all of them except Crisis Core and X-2 (which are a FF7 prequel and and FF10 sequel, respectively) have any connection to any other game.
Ironic that I have the most interest in FFIV (sort of). Maybe there is a more recent port of it for something, hopefully.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When my parents took our cat to the vet a few months ago, the vet said, and I quote, that Bobby is "a chunky monkey".
Maybe the vet was actually trying to tell you something really important.

It's a monkey, not a cat.

D

Deleted member

Yes, and also pretty fat too. She lost some weight later on at least :yoshi:
I too have a f a t dog. Was the weight ever a problem for her, or was it just her natural build?

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ironic that I have the most interest in FFIV (sort of). Maybe there is a more recent port of it for something, hopefully.
*looks up ports of FFIV*

Well, there's the Playstation port, the GBA port, the DS Port, the PSP port, the PSN port, the iOS/Android port, the Steam port and apparently Japan got Wii U and 3DS ports a few years ago.
Maybe the vet was actually trying to tell you something really important.

It's a monkey, not a cat.
Pretty weird looking monkey...

You can see him here.

Iridium

Smash Hero
*looks up ports of FFIV*

Well, there's the Playstation port, the GBA port, the DS Port, the PSP port, the PSN port, the iOS/Android port, the Steam port and apparently Japan got Wii U and 3DS ports a few years ago.

Pretty weird looking monkey...

You can see him here.
I guess DS, while I still have my 3DS to use for it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
After looking it up, according to a NeoGAF forum the best versions of FFIV are the original, the PSP, DS and PC versions.

Though it also depends on whether you want it to be 2D or 3D.

SNES (original) and PSP are 2D, while DS and PC are 3D.

Though, someone on that thread does say: "there really is no right answer. i haven't played a crappy port of the game (except the PS1 version)"

D

Deleted member

I can't remember, but I think there was...
Nice to know she lost weight later on, though. She sounds lovely.
This might be a bit sensitive, but would you be comfortable with saying how she died?

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they are neutralized, house cats tend to be chubby. Male cats supposed to run after females for months, in the absence of that activity it's easy for them to gain weight.

I think we're at the point we don't really care what Joker will do as we're going to be all "Took ****ing long enough for you to show him"
Nah, I still want to know whether he's an echo of Jotaro or Kakyoin.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wasn't there when it happened, but I believe it was cancer...
Here's a list of how all my cats have died, in the order we got them:
Baba and Teddie (twin Tortoiseshells)
Baba: Age-related illness, had to be put down because she was having seizures; she was like, 19/20.​
Teddie: Cancer, put down, I believe she was 16 or so.​
Dogger (I named him, I was like, seven; I think he was black with white markings): Run over
Ash and Lily (brother and sister cats; Ash, the boy, was a tabby while Lily, the girl, was a predominantly white Tortoiseshell)
Ash: Run over, presumably while looking for his sister who had died about a month prior.​
Lily: Run over​
Bobby: Still alive
Pippin: A stray we adopted, never truly settled with us and disappeared during Christmas 2017, he was a tabby who looked a lot like the last cat in this meme (just much, much thinner)

Dogger was the first to die; Teddie died several years later, and Baba died a few years after that. Then we got Ash and Lily, and after they died we got Bobby, the cat we have now.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I miss my childhood dog (she was difficult but I loved her, dammnit) but I'm not really in a position to get another pet at the moment :(

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think we're at the point we don't really care what Joker will do as we're going to be all "Took ****ing long enough for you to show him"
Joker: Kept you waiting, huh?
Snake: That's my line, you little ****.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
After looking it up, according to a NeoGAF forum the best versions of FFIV are the original, the PSP, DS and PC versions.

Though it also depends on whether you want it to be 2D or 3D.

SNES (original) and PSP are 2D, while DS and PC are 3D.

Though, someone on that thread does say: "there really is no right answer. i haven't played a crappy port of the game (except the PS1 version)"
The PSP version also comes with The After Years and Interlude if you're interested. The versions after the GBA are probably the best ones to go for, unless you can get the rereleased JP or EU GBA version. The original JP and US version has several problems.

If you go the 3D version, keep in mind the DS version is suppose to be noticeably harder.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't there when it happened, but I believe it was cancer...
That’s awful, poor thing.
My cat, Hamish, had an open-wound tumour thingy on his foot. We couldn’t afford to amputate, so we had him euthanised. I was the last thing he saw and heard when he died.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tagging Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! in this. I have a slight idea on the Spider-Women spin-off could play out:
We didn’t get any resolution on Doc Ock, last she saw of her she was hit by a truck in the collider fight. I think it’s possible that she got sucked into another dimension and she becomes a major player if not the main villain that the Spider-Women have to track down and apprehend.
Or she just dies. /s

D

Deleted member

anyways i had a really weird dream where endgame came out but only to purchase on youtube and it was just carol, thanos, batman, superman, and for some goddamn reason a yoshi fighting galactus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom