• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My mum thinks it's a shame they're being split up.

But like you said, "what are you going to do?"

Also she called them "Teddy Bears". XD
Yeah, I don't necessarily want to split them up, but my brother's very attached to the younger dog and I know I can take care of him better than they can. He needs to go on runs and play a lot. He's too antsy and wound up in their house because no one's ever home and no one wants to really play with him the way they should. We've always been a dog family but I've always been the dog guy, which is why all our dogs have liked me best. :chuckle:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"BOBBY WAKE UP, I NEED CUTE PICTURES OF YOU."
I'm actually trying to connect my Blackberry to my laptop.

Since most of the 24 Pictures I've taken on that phone are of him. XD

The rest of them are a picture of my arm (for artistic reference purposes) and pictures of a rainbow I saw last year.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, all this talking about dogs has helped me relax. I've been too wound up to fall asleep and I need to wake up and get ready for work in four-and-a-half hours.

Thanks guys for letting me vent. G'night.

D

Deleted member

Awwwwww. They're so precious. I was never allowed to have a big dog growing up; biggest dog I had was a smooth fox terrier for a year and a half when I lived alone. He needed more land to run and attention than I could give, though, so I found him a better home.

This is actually the third dog Romo's shared the house with, so he's used to it. Originally we had a bichon frise, got him when I was like 10, then got Romo when I was 19. After my dog passed away, we got another dog who I honestly can't remember what his breed was, because he was a very aggressive alpha who actually tried to hurt Romo, so we found him a different home. Then we got Brutus about two years ago.

We're more worried about how Brutus will react to not having Romo around than the other way around when we split them up.
Blacky’s not too big, maybe a foot and a half. What was your fox terrier like?

In regards to Romo and Brutus splitting up, I really hope things’ll go as smoothly as possible…
.. This might sound quite insensitive, but I must have missed why you have to split them up. Could you explain why? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well then.

More than a half hour in and I'm already losing it.

"I made it out of the frying pan... and made it in the freezer."

WHAT IS THIS ****ING WRITING.

****ING YIKES BEYOND (solo).png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My parents have a mutt back in Arizona. I think she's a border collie and whippet mix, although being a rescued stray we can't know for sure. Apparently the shelter found her out in the desert with a limp, which they think was due to an old injury. She actually still has that limp today but it's never stopped her from hopping and running around. I actually helped pick her out. My mom had been looking at shelter dogs earlier that day and wanted to introduce me to a few of them to see if there was any I liked, and I instantly loved the first one she introduced me to.

She's a little timid but also wants to say hi to every person or dog she sees. Her tail will start wagging if someone so much as walks into the same room as her and she leans into your legs when you pet her. She loves to run more then anything else and always tries to chase lizards or leaves blowing in the wind while on walks. She tends to get excited while playing and might bite, but she knows she's not supposed to do that and will stop and start licking instead the instant you tell her "no". She's extremely gentle when playing with small dogs though.

Her name is Kiddy. When my dad first saw her he said "here kitty kitty" as a joke and she walked towards him with her ears perked up. I'd post a picture but I don't have a good one on me. I don't take a lot of photos.

I really miss her, but my parents will be visiting me in May and they're bringing Kiddy with them. I'm pretty excited to see her again.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Blacky’s not too big, maybe a foot and a half. What was your fox terrier like?

In regards to Romo and Brutus splitting up, I really hope things’ll go as smoothly as possible…
.. This might sound quite insensitive, but I just have missed why you have to split them up. Could you explain why? :)
Family's moving across the country. It's why we watch them a few times a month while they're selling their house. But my brother and I are staying in my house here. So we'll keep and take care of the younger dog, while my mom takes the older dog that's much easier to care for. He's like a breathing teddy bear.

D

Deleted member

My parents have a mutt back in Arizona. I think she's a border collie and whippet mix, although being a rescued stray we can't know for sure. Apparently the shelter found her out in the desert with a limp, which they think was due to an old injury. She actually still has that limp today but it's never stopped her from hopping and running around. I actually helped pick her out. My mom had been looking at shelter dogs earlier that day and wanted to introduce me to a few of them to see if there was any I liked, and I instantly loved the first one she introduced me to.

She's a little timid but also wants to say hi to every person or dog she sees. Her tail will start wagging if someone so much as walks into the same room as her and she leans into your legs when you pet her. She loves to run more then anything else and always tries to chase lizards or leaves blowing in the wind while on walks. She tends to get excited while playing and might bite, but she knows she's not supposed to do that and will stop and start licking instead the instant you tell her "no". She's extremely gentle when playing with small dogs though.

Her name is Kiddy. When my dad first saw her he said "here kitty kitty" as a joke and she walked towards him with her ears perked up. I'd post a picture but I don't have a good one on me. I don't take a lot of photos.

I really miss her, but my parents will be visiting me in May and they're bringing Kiddy with them. I'm pretty excited to see her again.
Kiddy sounds gorgeous! Enjoy your reuniting with her.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, all this talking about dogs has helped me relax. I've been too wound up to fall asleep and I need to wake up and get ready for work in four-and-a-half hours.

Thanks guys for letting me vent. G'night.
G'night, Staind.

*is currently downloading drivers for my BlackBerry*

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think I have many pictures of my cats because I don't want to bother them while they are sleeping and they never stand still when they're not sleeping because they are just huge kittens. I'll try and find if they have any proper pictures.

I know that feeling, I miss my pets more than my parents when I'm away from home.

Kiddy sounds like a dear, pet her for me when you see her.

D

Deleted member

Family's moving across the country. It's why we watch them a few times a month while they're selling their house. But my brother and I are staying in my house here. So we'll keep and take care of the younger dog, while my mom takes the older dog that's much easier to care for. He's like a breathing teddy bear.
Poor things, but your family’s decision makes perfect sense. Will they get to see each other from time to time?
I saw your post earlier about one of them being full of energy, requiring your brother to care for him. Blacky’s a similar situation; really full of energy, and while we take them on twenty-minute walks every two days, he’s naturally jumpy. If we try to play with him, Myles gets involved and prevents us from doing so, and we can’t really lock him (Myles) in or he’ll damage our back door further..

D

Deleted member

Okay, so right off the bat.

Final Fantasy X might be the most bizarre RPG I've ever played, and I'm already in the first hour. I thought you also level up, but you don't level up at all.
You use the Sphere Grid to get your stats up.

Not to mention the events that transpired... Now I'm with these weird native fellows.

I can't really make a judgement, but if I were to have an image of how I'm feeling...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
FFX is amazing.

That's the only right opinion. Don't @ me.

D

Deleted member

Well, good news fellas. My mother had an MRI today, and it appears a year of antibiotics have really helped to combat the legions once on her brain! We’re getting a second doctor to verify their absence, but if the MRI was right, this in incredible news.

KMDP

Smash Legend
TFW Final Fantasy VII, X and XII are the only mainline FFs you've played.

HA HA HA HA HA!
I tell a lie, I've also played the PS1 remakes of Final Fantasy I and II.

Final Fantasy X might be the most bizarre RPG I've ever played, and I'm already in the first hour. I thought you also level up, but you don't level up at all.

Not to mention the events that transpired... Now I'm with these weird native fellows.

I can't really make a judgement, but if I were to have an image of how I'm feeling...

I can't remember where I got to in Final Fantasy X.

FF7 is the closest I've gotten to beating a Final Fantasy game not named Crisis Core (it's kind of sad that that is the only Final Fantasy game I've actually beaten).

Final Fantasy XII, on the other hand, I got legit stuck on. I think I hadn't grinded enough, or put my focus into the wrong stuff on it's version of the Sphere Grid; because I hit a brick wall on what I think was the first or second boss. The most I can remember is that I think it's your first encounter with the Government of that world and you fight a guy on a balcony after an escape sequence or something.

I think I might have gotten about halfway through FFX.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I was really enjoying XII on the PS4 until I hit a point where the game got really vindictive.

If it was portable I might have bothered to try and get further but it went untouched for some time. Most likely not getting the Switch version as I'd rather finish it on PS4 then spend more money and potentially not finish it again.

X I'm triple dipping on. Freaking love it. Probably my second faovurite FF after VI, which I'd also triple dip for if it came to Switch. Unless of course it uses the awful iOS graphics for it. C'mon Square, give us a definitive version for its 25th Anniversay!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
How am I even up this early for once?

I still need to get my hands on at least one FF title soon. Not sure where exactly to start.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I still need to get my hands on at least one FF title soon. Not sure where exactly to start.
I think the general consensus is "One of these":
Final Fantasy IV (released in the west as Final Fantasy II)​
Final Fantasy V​
Final Fantasy VI (released in the west as Final Fantasy III)​
Final Fantasy VII​
Final Fantasy IX​
Final Fantasy X​
Yes, the fact that 4 and 6 were released in America as 2 and 3 does get confusing, why do you ask?

Every Final Fantasy game has it's unique quirks, and all of them except Crisis Core and X-2 (which are a FF7 prequel and and FF10 sequel, respectively) have any connection to any other game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll say this, while I'm playing with the "Arranged" soundtrack (which is essentially every single track rearranged except for the Ramstein song), I am a sucker for beach settings and man. The song before reaching Beseid Village is legitimately beautiful.

Combine that with water physics I haven't seen good since Super Mario Sunshine, and now this is starting to turn up. Even with Wakka's George Lopez accent.

Start with FFIX, while yes it costs more than VII, it's worth every penny. If you're more of the cost efficient guy, I'd still say VII is worth it, too.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Vindictive in what way?
Enemies just became really difficult and very dependent on having the right set up to actually fight. I'd get swarmed by enemies I couldn't even hurt and changing my set up to deal with them would just make it so I couldn't deal with the other enemies.

Before I'd been able to pull off some early victories against otherwise difficult foes but the combination of bs in one area made it impossible to do without grinding/farming a whole bunch to have a set up that could get through.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Enemies just became really difficult and very dependent on having the right set up to actually fight. I'd get swarmed by enemies I couldn't even hurt and changing my set up to deal with them would just make it so I couldn't deal with the other enemies.

Before I'd been able to pull off some early victories against otherwise difficult foes but the combination of bs in one area made it impossible to do without grinding/farming a whole bunch to have a set up that could get through.
I think I actually know what you're talking about.

Reading the plot synopsis of 12 on the FF wiki does nothing to actually tell me where I was in the game...

I think I had just recruited Balthier and Fran, but all I really remember is that I simply couldn't beat the boss of that area for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member

> plays Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
> Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition comes in my mail tomorrow
> Cuphead comes out Thursday

What have I done.

...um, I....png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'll say this, while I'm playing with the "Arranged" soundtrack (which is essentially every single track rearranged except for the Ramstein song), I am a sucker for beach settings and man. The song before reaching Beseid Village is legitimately beautiful.

Combine that with water physics I haven't seen good since Super Mario Sunshine, and now this is starting to turn up. Even with Wakka's George Lopez accent.
It's not Ramstein that performs Othwerworld, even though most people think it is.

It's actually Bill Muir.

And as someone that played the PS2 and PS3 versions, I recommend the Arranged over the Original soundtrack. Sometimes feel like that's an unpopular opinion but I found the newer versions to be so much better. There's a handful of other unchanged songs besides being in higher quality but they were perfect to begin with.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mentioned to staindgrey staindgrey that I wanted to post pictures of my pet cat, Bobby.

Welp, here he is.
Bobby1.jpg

Bobby2.jpg

Bobby3.jpg
He's a lovable little creature.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think I actually know what you're talking about.

Reading the plot synopsis of 12 on the FF wiki does nothing to actually tell me where I was in the game...

I think I had just recruited Balthier and Fran, but all I really remember is that I simply couldn't beat the boss of that area for whatever reason.
I got about 20-30 hours into the game IIRC, which the FF wiki makes seem like only a scratch on the surface.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I got about 20-30 hours into the game IIRC, which the FF wiki makes seem like only a scratch on the surface.
If I got to where I think I got to in the game based on the plot summary, then I was like, not even 5% into the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom