• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair, isnt Dizzy an adult due to how her lifespan works?

D

Deleted member

I just witnessed the incredibly unpleasant procedure of flies mating.
Thanks for ruining my slushie, nature.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Her son is also older than she is for reasons I guess?
Guilty Gear is ****in' weird, Jesus.
Nah, he isn't.

See, her age is when she's first introduced and his age is him in the current game where he's relevant.

See, in reality Dizzy's proooooobably 8+ years due to the timeskip between normal GG and Xrd.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno.

What's worse? A mature looking character who has aged rapidly?
Or a non-mature looking character who is actually older than they look?
I mean... the first is still an adult in body and mind. It just happened quickly.

D

Deleted member

I dunno.

Undoubtedly the mature character who ages rapidly; in regards to life experience, etc, they’re still a child.
But wait, if you’re attracted to the other one who looks young but isn’t, then does that make you attracted to kids?
Hurgh…

osby

Smash Obsessed
I dunno.

Correct answer is neither, you can make a character whose age and appearance don't match and not make it gross.

It's just that a lot of content creators make it gross.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yup.

Speaking of young characters who are older than they look, there's a big difference between Fae and Nowi.
You mean how one is half naked? Yeah, that's pretty major.

Shame too. Nowi is a fun character when you take away the icky parts.

D

Deleted member

Correct answer is neither, you can make a character whose age and appearance don't match and not make it gross.

It's just that a lot of content creators make it gross.
True.
They don’t necessarily have to make the toddlers-but-adults overly sexually attractive.
They do it to stuff with all the thirsty fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You mean how one is half naked? Yeah, that's pretty major.

Shame too. Nowi is a fun character when you take away the icky parts.
Nobody in Fire Emblem 6 can date Fae.

In fact of the five Supports she can have, only one is male, Elphin; and she doesn't have an ending with him (and it's not just because only Roy got endings in FE6).

Fae was a child, and the devs treated her as such.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just witnessed the incredibly unpleasant procedure of flies mating.
Thanks for ruining my slushie, nature.
Insect mating is always horrible it feels like.

As opposed to Galapagos Tortoise mating, which would probably be horrible up close but is more just crassly hilarious at a distance because the logistics of the deed mean the whole thing is punctuated by a *SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE* that you can hear from like fifty feet away.

They're sweet old folks but living in the same apartment complex would be intensely awkward.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Told the roommate to leave by June 5th and not a moment later.

You **** with my dogs and I will end you.

D

Deleted member

staindgrey staindgrey , what’d they do to your doggos? Are they alright?
We recently had a dude threaten to murder ours..

D

Deleted member

This is something I feel like I have issues with concerning my art style. Sometimes I feel like I make my characters look younger than intended.
What in particular makes ‘em look younger? If you can pinpoint the features, you might be able to fix them.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Insect mating is always horrible it feels like.

As opposed to Galapagos Tortoise mating, which would probably be horrible up close but is more just crassly hilarious at a distance because the logistics of the deed mean the whole thing is punctuated by a *SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE* that you can hear from like fifty feet away.

They're sweet old folks but living in the same apartment complex would be intensely awkward.
Also, don't Turtles make hilarious noises while mating?
(Yes, I know turtles and tortoises aren't the same thing)
What, do they have baby face?

Pff.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That is... very concerning, to say the least.

Anyway, I can relate. If anyone who lived with me threatened my cat, their ass would be on the street the very next moment.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Told the roommate to leave by June 5th and not a moment later.

You **** with my dogs and I will end you.
What did she do to your dogs?
I’m not sure, I posted one of my characters a while back, without any context how old does she look to you? I’ll likely post a few more and ask that again
Uh... um...

Pass.

Jokes aside, she could be anywhere from 16 to 28.

D

Deleted member

I’m not sure, I posted one of my characters a while back, without any context how old does she look to you? I’ll likely post a few more and ask that again
Well, I’d say they’re 14-17.
What I think makes ‘em look younger is the eyes; large, bright eyes, they’re child-like. If you were to make tone them down a bit, they’d give of a sense of maturity, regardless of how jumpy and exited the character is.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Anywhere from 14 to 24 I guess.

The key thing to remember is that everyone ages differently; some look younger than others, some look older...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Teenager-young adult? It's kinda hard to say.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Eh japan with ages plays around with it a lot.

Sailor moon characters are in middle school 3/5ths of the story but all the characters in Lucky Star are supposed to be the same age.

It’s what it is.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
7DCD509C-5EDF-491E-ABAF-F81723E4B3B3.jpeg
18242614-285B-4E01-900D-F64789A73283.jpeg

Uh... um...

Pass.

Jokes aside, she could be anywhere from 16 to 28.
I was aiming for around that area in her design, haven’t decided her exact age but she’s a half-elf half-dryad so she likely has a longer lifespan. (And currently playing around with the idea of her in a relationship)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

I was aiming for around that area in her design, haven’t decided her exact age but she’s a half-elf half-dryad so she likely has a longer lifespan. (And currently playing around with the idea of her in a relationship)
Hmm... I'd say these two are around late high school or college age.

Now...
How old would you say this character is?

(Isolated face shot is all you get. XD)
EDIT: Link to the original post where I posted this if the image doesn't show up.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hmm... I'd say these two are around late high school or college age.

Now...
How old would you say this character is?

(Isolated face shot is all you get. XD)
I had somewhere between 21-25 in mind for those two.

I’m not the best at determining ages but I’d have to say 18-21?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They're alright. I'm really sorry someone threatened yours. **** whomever that is.

I can relate with the last statement.

What happened?
We're watching our family dogs at our house this week because they have a bunch of open houses. We do this for about one week a month on average while they're trying to sell the house. The roommate knows this, and it's never been a problem.

Today I had to stay late at work (I actually pulled a 13hr day) and around the time the roommate typically gets home, she randomly sent me and my brother a text saying that she couldn't let the dogs out because she had a bus to catch, which was odd, considering we've never asked her nor have I seen her take our dogs out. It's not her responsibility. I didn't think much of it but I knew that they'd been let out by my brother later in the day after I left so they should be fine until we got home.

Three hours later we got home and immediately upon opening the door this terrible odor hit us. Our dogs had apparently gotten sick while we were gone-- still have no idea why or how-- and they were literally lying in their own vomit and **** on their blankets. I had my brother throw away all the dog food just in case and run to buy some more while I washed their blankets and gave them baths. But then that text hit me.

After they were washed I waited for her to get home. Her boyfriend brought her in to say goodnight and I asked her, point blank, if she knew about the dogs getting sick. She lied like a child; I don't know how to explain it, but you know that look when someone gets caught by her parent in a lie. While she walked around the answer, I looked at her boyfriend and asked if he came and picked her up after work, and he said yeah, clearly confused what was going on. There was no bus. And she never sees her boyfriend directly after work; she always comes home to bathe and doll herself up before hanging out with him. Always.

So I asked him to leave, and the moment the door was shut I told her that she wasn't welcome here anymore. She left my dogs in their cages alone in a pool of their own sick and lied to me about it. I wouldn't have asked her to clean it. I would've rushed home and done it myself. But she lied about it so she could ignore them and go **** her boyfriend, and they suffered. They're dogs. The **** is wrong with you.

June 5th is the soonest she can leave and I told her she's not staying a minute past midnight that day. She's lucky I didn't just start throwing her **** on the street right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom