• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey guys.

20190419_094941.jpg

What an idiot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You see, that's your first mistake.
Judging by this post

My life must be a carnival of mistakes then.
D2S0pwBWkAA9Dsk.jpg

Which wouldn't be too far off the mark depending of the way you see it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
don't you just love it when you had some other action planned after a certain other task you said you'd do, but due to a parental figure nagging you over something dumb and looming over your shoulder, you forget what it was and can't remember no matter how hard you try???

cuz that's me rn hahaha it's the worst :upsidedown:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I understand, but I feel like a story often just gets in the way of crossover fighters. Like, MVCI had a big budget story mode but it ended up failing to compensate. Maybe just have prefight dialogue like MK so the characters can interact without having to fully in with a story. I think that's why a lot of people like Project X Zone.
I feel like a proper Smash, or Marvel vs. Capcom, story could be done and done well. I even have an idea of what it should be in each case. Just because everyone before has done it poorly, dosn't mean someone else can't come along and finally do it right.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So almost 20 episodes into the OG Dragon Ball, so it's safe to say that I like it. It's a pretty neat show, but i fail to see how people can take Z and Super so seriously if the series started off as as young naive boy with a tail, a horny teenage girl, and a pig who can transform. I know Z and Super are a bit more serious, but I'm sure it was never meant to be an ultra serious show.

Also, Krillin was fat.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yo @PlayerOneTyler and NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I saw an interesting point on a 4chan thread and wanted to fact check it.

An anon said that the Disney Infinity Devs tried to negotiate with Nintendo to get Mario in the game as a console exclusive so that Mickey Mouse and Mario could be in the same game. Is that true?
First I've heard of it. Disney Infinity was WELL before Amiibo so I guess it's not unlikely.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So almost 20 episodes into the OG Dragon Ball, so it's safe to say that I like it. It's a pretty neat show, but i fail to see how people can take Z and Super so seriously if the series started off as as young naive boy with a tail, a horny teenage girl, and a pig who can transform. I know Z and Super are a bit more serious, but I'm sure it was never meant to be an ultra serious show.

Also, Krillin was fat.
It's possible for a show that started lighthearted to become more serious with time, you know?

Espcially since OG Dragon Ball become more serious toward the halfway point, it's not suddenly ultra serious or anything, but the plot & the characters begin to matter more instead of the jokes they could tell.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's possible for a show that started lighthearted to become more serious with time, you know?

Espcially since OG Dragon Ball become more serious toward the halfway point, it's not suddenly ultra serious or anything, but the plot & the characters begin to matter more instead of the jokes they could tell.
I'm aware of that, but the way some fans describe DB is as it's some ultra serious, humorless show, when that seems to be far from it.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Also, Krillin was fat.
The extreme majority of Westerners started with Z and 3 of the 4 arcs that make up Z are fairly serious affairs (with the last arc just being Toriyama going on a general (and deliberate) descent into insanity).

Dragon Ball gradually gets more serious as the stakes raise; some people consider Z to be some kind of "tonal shift" but if you actually look at what the arcs contain then there was never a clear line that it crossed from silly to serious (except for one big moment but that happened way before Z).

Glad you like Dragon Ball. :)

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i have no idea why i did this

it's battlefield but windier the closer you get to the left

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm aware of that, but the way some fans describe DB is as it's some ultra serious, humorless show, when that seems to be far from it.
Wait, what?
D2UxlhoWwAAUZvk.jpg

Who are those fans saying that? DB is everything but a humorless show, quit the opposite in fact, even toward the latter half, there is still some humor here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom