• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"MEEEHH!!! Why is J.R.R. Tolkein's books so wordy and boring?!!!"

Because Isekai elf girls are what happens when you only take surface information from LotR without the literary significance :yoshi:
Isekais probably take more from FF and DQ than Western fantasy novels at this point.

Somewhere along the way anime writers forgot what children were.

Not what they do, what they even were.
I don't think fiction writers are good at children in the first place.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In the same game, Nah, daughter of Nowi (meaning someone hit that, oh god, I'm trying to imagine a pregnant Nowi and its awful), is actually at most a young adult, which you can then marry and have her bear your spawn in the future-future.

BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE AWAKENING SAVED THE SERIES.
"Guys...guys I don't think Fire Emblem's gonna make it..."

"Nah, don't worry. I got this."

LOLI

Noipoi

Howdy!
When a deadly virus wipes out all of humanity, and every other living being on planet Earth, the single being immune to the virus will live out the rest of his days as the sole survivor of humanity! How will Idon deal with the lack of scavengeable food? With the vast, untraversable environments? The lack of power, or any semblance of stability? And worst of all, the crippling loneliness!

Find out in the new hit release: この死んだ世界はそれほど悪くありません!
That's...

That's eerily similar to my pilot...

osby

Smash Obsessed
When a deadly virus wipes out all of humanity, and every other living being on planet Earth, the single being immune to the virus will live out the rest of his days as the sole survivor of humanity! How will Idon deal with the lack of scavengeable food? With the vast, untraversable environments? The lack of power, or any semblance of stability? And worst of all, the crippling loneliness!

Find out in the new hit release: この死んだ世界はそれほど悪くありません!
He actually can be Demi-fiend now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
android 21.jpg

There is not a single element in this image that won't get me arrested for high crimes against humanity.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Isekais probably take more from FF and DQ than Western fantasy novels at this point.
Probably, but it all has a singular origin, western or not. It amazes me how absolutely serious Tolkein took his work. Not a single letter in those books were the result of ***pulls and wish-fulfillment. There was a philosophical, literary and even religious purpose to everything in Middle Earth, and for how influential it was, no one's been able to recreate it. Not D&D, not RPGs, most certainly not isekais, and not even the high fantasy series that have a ton of effort put into them like Wheel of Time and a Song of Ice and Fire... :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Probably, but it all has a singular origin, western or not. It amazes me how absolutely serious Tolkein took his work. Not a single letter in those books were the result of ***pulls and wish-fulfillment. There was a philosophical, literary and even religious purpose to everything in Middle Earth, and for how influential it was, no one's been able to recreate it. Not D&D, not RPGs, most certainly not isekais, and not even the high fantasy series that have a ton of effort put into them like Wheel of Time and a Song of Ice and Fire... :yoshi:
I was going to point out Earthsea, but as much as I love it, it's hard to argue say that it came close to Lord of the Rings.

D

Deleted member

Quick, change the topic!

Uh.....

Worst movie you've ever seen!
Infinity War, no redeemable qualities about that film whatsoever.
I actually sat down and watched Birdemic all the way through, it wasn't even like The Room in that it was a hilarious trainwreck, it was just a straight-up trainwreck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm gettin' pretty exhausted, so I'm gonna shut the arena down. Thanks to everyone who came out and had a good time~

osby

Smash Obsessed
Quick, change the topic!

Uh.....

Worst movie you've ever seen!
I have a hard time deciding between Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad. The former probably sucked more but the latter offended me on a personal level.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've scoured Netflix for the worst animated movies. I survived Food Fight, I lived through Norm of the North.

But there was this one movie, so obscure I can't even remember the name, that was atrocious. It's almost like a fever dream. The animation, the voice acting, the story, garbage. And the worst part is it wasn't even funny.

I've spent years searching for it, to watch it again. My efforts have been fruitless.

Shroob

Sup?
I've scoured Netflix for the worst animated movies. I survived Food Fight, I lived through Norm of the North.

But there was this one movie, so obscure I can't even remember the name, that was atrocious. It's almost like a fever dream. The animation, the voice acting, the story, garbage. And the worst part is it wasn't even funny.

I've spent years searching for it, to watch it again. My efforts have been fruitless.
Okay so what was the premise?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Is it one of those rip-off animated movies, or is it just a bad animated movie?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, luckily for me I missed the Isekai convo. Don't mind the genre, but its kinda repetitive. Prefer straight pure-fantasy.
Her son is also older than she is for reasons I guess?
Guilty Gear is ****in' weird, Jesus.
Just don't bother with Japanese ages man, they are weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom