• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to steer us away from this riveting conversation of soda flavors, but just out of curiosity, are there any Echoes you can think of that would work with the existing Pokemon?

:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:

I've been thinking about possible Pokemon clones, but I feel like each of these characters have too many unique properties for any kind of Echo to work.
Igglybuff echo for Jigglypuff. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not to steer us away from this riveting conversation of soda flavors, but just out of curiosity, are there any Echoes you can think of that would work with the existing Pokemon?

:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:

I've been thinking about possible Pokemon clones, but I feel like each of these characters have too many unique properties for any kind of Echo to work.
Maybe this guy for Lucario?

Noipoi

Howdy!

:ultpikachu:-Raichu
:ultjigglypuff:-Igglybuff?
:ultpichu:-One of the Pikaclones. Just ditch the mechanic of hurting itself.
:ultsquirtle:-Totodile, Oshawott or Piplup
:ultivysaur:-Bayleef or Grotle

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Squirtle uses his shell in too many attacks for Squirtle to have any other Water starter as an echo, I think.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aren't echos suppose to have the same heights, weights and dimensions?

At most I'd see all those being semi-clones.

D

Deleted member

Now that we talk about DK64, I want to share this video I found kind of funny.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Maybe this guy for Lucario?
I was thinking about that too, but after letting it roll around in my head for a while, it doesn't seem like it'd be a good match for Lucario. Their build is almost identical, but is Zeraora really a Pokemon who would use Lucario's specials (Extreme Speed, Double Team, etc.)? Would it use kicks over claw swipes?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm not clicking that "Show ignored content" button. I know that's a dive into the abyss.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I was thinking about that too, but after letting it roll around in my head for a while, it doesn't seem like it'd be a good match for Lucario. Their build is almost identical, but is Zeraora really a Pokemon who would use Lucario's specials (Extreme Speed, Double Team, etc.)? Would it use kicks over claw swipes?
After looking at some of the moves it could learn, I think it could work. For example Wild Charge sounds like it’d work for Extreme Speed,

D

Deleted member

AdoreIsabelle said:
<content redacted>
oof... *tummy rumbles* ate too much for lunch...
e3b0d7f.jpg

I didn't sign up for this when I joined Smashboards

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know, every writer should consider this when writing their villains
There was a problem fetching the tweet
****ing goddamn, I know right?
I feel like focusing in explosives would make them way too similar in concept to Snake. Focusing more on the zombies would be a better idea imo if they can't use handguns or any other weapons RE has.
The focus shouldn't be on explosives, but they can be a part of the kit. RE characters have counters, combat knives and a multitude of melee moves to draw from.

RE5

Revelations

And apparently gifs of her dagger and taser counters in REmake don't exist, so.

D

Deleted member

can we just like.... ban gross furries irl
like normal furries are cool and can stay.... but like sometimes? damn

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to rethink how often I should come to this thread.

I would...recommend everyone use those wild and wacky, handy dandy report and ignore buttons. For me personally, I only saw the..."posts", because I was lurking while not logged in.
whyyyyyyyyy

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't painstakingly gather three wholesome Merric images to have the thread once again bathe in degeneracy.

No but for real guys just report it instead of quoting it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
These all sound really cool, except-

-this will create much ado about nothing.
They wouldn't be used often if ever in high level competitive play, but in a fighting game that already gave like a quarter of its cast counter moves, it'd be remiss to not give a Resident Evil rep one.

Especially if they use the taser. Hearing an undead body pop and sizzle from a taser to the head was never not satisfying.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Tbh all I want from an RE character is for them to give their opponent a good shove whenever they break out of a grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom