• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, I, uh, didnt draw this lol. I just probably saved this a long-*** time ago on my phone bc I thought it looked cute lol
Don't worry. I honestly just want to see proper art of Pit... though I admit I wished my ideas got art too, but you know how hard that is these days.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
That's how it was for me with internet embed videos when I was still on my Galaxy S6. Upgraded to an S8 and everything was fine.

The problem is they keep updating the software for smartphones past their hardware's limitations and websites keep coding under the assumption that you're on up-to-date hardware.
My flip phone is 32bit and doesn't have this problem. It's like Mr Miyagi said "Walk right side, safe. Walk left side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [makes squish gesture] get squish, just like grape.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
How would a RE rep work without focusing on guns since Smash seems to be against realistic guns (I'm still curious as to how Joker's gun will work, or even be included at all).

D

Deleted member

How would a RE rep work without focusing on guns since Smash seems to be against realistic guns (I'm still curious as to how Joker's gun will work, or even be included at all).
Talking from complete ignorance since I never played a RE game, maybe Sakurai would pull a :ultsnake: where the RE rep uses a lot of explosive weapons.

Or just take Jill Valentine and portray her in the same way that Marvel vs Capcom 2 did.

osby

Smash Obsessed
He'd be fine with just knife/kicks/knife kick ghost.

Though they call pull a Bayonetta.

D

Deleted member

He'd be fine with just knife/kicks/knife kick ghost.

Though they call pull a Bayonetta.
By pull a Bayonetta, do you mean make said character super good to the point they’re kinda annoying but not banned? :4pacman:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I still need to get around to making that Jill moveset I keep saying I'll do, but essentially there are lots of non-hyper-realistic firearms weaponry they can use, a la Snake.

Sticking to Jill from RE1, you have tasers, daggers, combat knife, flamethrower, grenade launcher (with fire, acid or explosive grenades) and an anti-tank RPG. Then you have the moveset already available in MvC2 to draw inspiration from, and an obvious need for a counter since that's been a core component in every RE game since REmake.

She'd likely also mimic Robin in both the slow speed and limited uses of moves to recreate the feeling of classic RE games.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I couldn't find any wholesome fanart of Fawful so here is his happiest moment from the game
Fawful3.png

D

Deleted member

You know, every writer should consider this when writing their villains
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Honestly the best way to go for Resi characters is have them summon zombies and give them explosives if you don't want to make resource management a thing, because if they do that you should at the very least have the Magnum
I feel like focusing in explosives would make them way too similar in concept to Snake. Focusing more on the zombies would be a better idea imo if they can't use handguns or any other weapons RE has.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Talking from complete ignorance since I never played a RE game, maybe Sakurai would pull a :ultsnake: where the RE rep uses a lot of explosive weapons.

Or just take Jill Valentine and portray her in the same way that Marvel vs Capcom 2 did.
Little of column A, little of column B. Summoning BOWs is harder because there's not a reliable walk-off for them to spawn from. But it'd be a shame if Jill didn't bring a zombie-related attack with her, siccing a zombie or zombie dog at the other player as a projectile.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Little of column A, little of column B. Summoning BOWs is harder because there's not a reliable walk-off for them to spawn from. But it'd be a shame if Jill didn't bring a zombie-related attack with her, siccing a zombie or zombie dog at the other player as a projectile.
Have the zombie dogs fall from the sky or make 'windows' and 'doors' which they spawn from?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hahahaha!

What.

Honestly though, should I get into Shantae? I have Half Genie Hero but haven’t even beaten it. Is it worth it?
I won’t say anything more aside from that surprisingly Rotty had nothing to do with it.

I think you should give it a shot, You’ll like it if you like Metroidvanias (though HGH is more Ducktales/Mega Man). The series has a lot of charm and personality. I think they’re worth a shot.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly the best way to go for Resi characters is have them summon zombies and give them explosives if you don't want to make resource management a thing, because if they do that you should at the very least have the Magnum
That's where I get stuck. Because I WANT a magnum with limited ammo. It's perfect. I just feel like Nintendo wouldn't allow it.

It'd be a fun concept too, to see how various Jill players decide to use that limited ammo. Waste it early to gain a percentage lead or hold onto it for a kill move later in the stock? How do you plan for combos knowing you only have six of this move per stock? Imagine the commentators getting riled up over missed shots or a final stock to win the set where Jill is packing one bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom